West Indies v Australia | 2nd Test | Port of Spain | Apr 15-19, 2012

They need somebody more experienced in the top order, a wiser head at number three maybe Chanderpaul or Bravo and Edwards coming down to 4 or 5, The opening trio is talented as shown in the first innings but vulnerable under pressure, they're missing an inform Sarwan up there but overall still looks like a good combination, they could play both Bishoo & Shillingford because Port of Spain is usually a turning pitch and Australians have looked a little troubled by spin lately.

Hmm, they've changed the time by 30 mins, must be the timezone, I hope Aussies don't bat first, Bishoo, apart from the first day has been ordinary, Narine could've won it for them but he preferred the bling bling of the IPL instead, that's the difference b/w the two teams, even though they have ample talent to replace him for the Tests he chose country over $$$.

Hmm, they've changed the time by 30 mins, must be the timezone, I hope Aussies don't bat first, Bishoo, apart from the first day has been ordinary, Narine could've won it for them but he preferred the bling bling of the IPL instead, that's the difference b/w the two teams, even though they have ample talent to replace him for the Tests he chose country over $$$.

Narine has just played 6 FC games. I don't think WI would have played him ahead of Bishoo. Bishoo till some time back was being labelled a great prospect. Can't drop him just like that.

Aus have won the tossnand selected to bat, They should give Edwards a partner in Roach briefly because even though he's usually all over the place he's a wicket taking option, if he doesn't fire in a coupla overs bring in Sammy straight away and maybe even experiment with Bish from the other end

Narine has just played 6 FC games. I don't think WI would have played him ahead of Bishoo. Bishoo till some time back was being labelled a great prospect. Can't drop him just like that.

Thats not right, they could've fit him in anywhere, his no of games doesn't matter, the Aussies were clueless against him and he's taking 4 fors as we speak in the IPL, simply a money issue.

Windies HAND A WICKET BACK to Ozzies.

Warner was out LBW, but Sammy was too busy being a good guy to appeal. WI continue to flounder with the DRS. If they lose this & Warner scores big the Sammy must take the blame.

Sammy will feel like a right Wally now.

I can't help but feel that was unfair. WI suffered for trying to be sporting & the DRS was made to look a sham.

Sammy is becoming a Misbah recently, although he balls and bats aggressively why is he showing this respect? against Australia or is he just afraid of them?

Would have been funny had Sammy not been the good guy and had Warner reviewed it after that, only for Sammy to review it again for the LBW.

Cowan with a much better SR this time, Edwards looks like takig a wicket every ball, The batsmen have no clue whatsoever

Edwards will be 1-100 as usual. Guy is an Ishant/Sami has everything going for him, swing, pace etc but never hets wickets.

Windies always flag after a bright start.

Oz will score 450+ & win by an innings.

My 3-0 prediction remains. :)

This wont help Sammy's current popularity level with the team and the fans. Warner just going after everything like last time. Unlucky that one hasn't landed in the hands of a WI player.

AUS are 30/0 in 6 overs, WIi would be 30 in probably 12 or 13 overs with a wicket too maybe.

9 off the Roach over, time to take him off

WI killed themselves by not selecting Rampaul (best bowler of their in 2011) & Bishoo.

Edwards never delivers with the ball when it counts.

WI killed themselves by not selecting Rampaul (best bowler of their in 2011) & Bishoo.

Edwards never delivers with the ball when it counts.

I read Rampaul was fit and ready to play before the match, looks like theyre looking to lose, pathetic.

Warner playing at evrything and missing, dunno how hes still out theere. Sammy in, hope he redeems himself, Cowan wiill probably leave al the balls

'Cos Edwards is a rubbish bowler who averages 37 man !

I don't get the hype on Edwards, he just never gets enough wickets.

WI have already lost from a bad position once for their confidence. If they don't get a wicket soon Sammy will have a hard time stopping them from losing the plot.

Edwards back on- prove me wrong if you can Fidel !

Naa, Sammy's gift and Warner's numerous lucky chances have set the tone (A chance now actually as Im writing this). I think like I said before, rain will draw this game

Pitch looks dead but but don't think losing 10-15 overs a day will save the WI, especially with the eraly starts rule to make up time (mornings usually dry, rains in afternoon in tropical style).

WI can bat badly enough to lose this test after oz make a big score quite easily. Oz have 2 spinners & WI batting TOP THREE average in the twenties in tests. Neither do they really bat deep.

I think oz win on day 4.

PS. Yes Warner gives chances but his method works. Averages 50+ in first class & tests. Nuff said. Oz 1st class is no joke either.

Warner gone, albeit 30 runs too late but WI will take it, Bad news is we'll still have to endure the agony that is Cowan or who knows this shillingwood fella can make something happen here

Btw he Rjhastan Royals on a roll in the other match, I was expecting 6 or 7 out, its 141/1 with both players dealing in fours and sixes. Actually Rahane hit Aravande for 6 for 6 consecutive fours! And now Owais Shah has hit 3 SIXES and a FOUR in five balls. Score now 158/1 in 17 overs. Good thing they have Gayle, Kohli and the likes

Cowan gone, I said Roach is wayward but takes wickets. Also the time was up for a review, So Aus will be around 3 to 4 down by lunch

That looked put and they ask for a review but its too late....Although Aussie did take longer than this for their review appeal. Biased much? Anyway good thing WI didn't get the review, theyve been atrocious so far with the reviews and luckily save one.

No, no, no. Even then Mr Cricket & the tail will add 150 runs. Thus it has ever been (but with Border, then S Waugh, then A Gilchrist instead of Mr Cricket).

On the other match Rahane has made the first century of this season, who is he, havent really heard of him before, is he new or just hasnt done anything noticable.

Anyway lunch coming in perfect time to watch gayle's innings.

That looked put and they ask for a review but its too late....Although Aussie did take longer than this for their review appeal. Biased much? Anyway good thing WI didn't get the review, theyve been atrocious so far with the reviews and luckily save one.

They really have been poor with reviews but deserve some luck.

Who in the Pakistani team is in charge of reviews ?

Oz share it around but does Misbah do all for Pakistan ? Just curious to think if maybe Shiv with all his experience might be better for WI.

While batting its the batsman who decides, while bowling only the captain can ask for a review, anyone else asking will not count

Yeah Sammy is too generous.

As a boy I remember WI under Viv running out Dean Jones after he walked halfway off after being bowled by a no ball.

Viv upheld his appeal & didn't call Deano back. DESPITE the rules stating a batsman can only be run out "attempting a run". which he clearly was not, nor was he stumped.

I remember WI winning series in 92 off a bouncer tha hit Craig McDermots helmet (whole series came down to 9 runs !).

Point is those old Windies were tough to beat, they gave you nothing for free except chin music.

I reckon they made a big mistake dropping Rhino. You've got to play your best XI. I don't think Michael Beer is in our best XI. I don't care if it's like the Dark Side of the Moon Mumbai pitch of 2004.

Yes, very alert work by Sammy. He owed them that one.

Important spells for Oz middle order. Watson bedding in for the long haul, will we see Clarke attack the spinners ?

Good over apart from the 2 off the last ball, WI can sense soomething here and yeah wrongun Sammy made up for his earlier....stupidity

Roach = four, wide, wide, four , no ball, wicket, four, four, wide, four, wide, wide, wide, wicket, four, four saved by good fielding, wicket, four saved, four, wide, no ball, wide etc

Enough of Roach. Time for change- Sammy to hold ? Edwards to attack is better. Deonarine would be interesting.

Fidel usually better with the old ball.

This pitch should reverse, it's so dry & rough. But reverse works better against new batsmen...

Oh yeah Denonaire, almost forgot about hm , Sammy has no business being captain, cant rotate his bowlers, guvs freebies when others don't even walk off after a thick edge, etc

Review wasted as usual by WI, asking bowlers for advice on reviews is not advisable as no bowler will say its not out. He must ask the wicket keeper as long as its not Adnan Akmal.

10 reviews been taken this series all not out, goes to show how inept they are at referring, the one which was plumb lbw on Watson was not reviwed, so 100% failure on reviews, even Pakistan get 2 or 3 right

Michael Clarke "the man who drowned in honey" :))) :)))

easily one the best phrases i have heard

Michael Clarke "the man who drowned in honey" :))) :)))

easily one the best phrases i have heard

Hahahahaha who said that? Random and fantastic.

Once again Watto fluffs it after getting to fifty. That's never going to win you a test.

201/5 from 86 overs. Interesting match going on here. I hope West Indies don't let the Aussies' tail survive again. They need to start steering this match from here on.

So that's stumps, bad captaincy by Sammy, giving a not out after the umpire gad given it out, trying to be a gentleman, that cost him. He didnt rotate his bowlers correctly, took a good catch.
Baugh dropped some ery easy catches and was the opposite of what he has been so far through th series.All in all an OK game but WI should have had about 2 or 3 more wickets. See ya guys tomorrow.

Back