West Indies v England | 2nd ODI | Guyana | 22/3/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pietersen will come back and say that is why we need to play IPL. His logic seems that play 5-6 games of IPL and you become good batsman and hitter. damn it you guys have been playing T20 for 5 years. Strauss is the captain of the winning team last year

strauss gets his 100, well played in the circumstances, no one stayed with him, its raining hard now. DL par score at this stage is 244, England on 229-8

D/L Windies winning atm

Hopefully this is just a passing shower

Approx 17 mins left in play (apparently)

Dyson was probably isharaying to stay on the field.
last two rain delays only lasted 5 min each

covers are coming off. cut off time is 6pm local. 35 more minutes left in match and lights maybe already on

Last edited:
Play resuming, equation unchanged. 36 required off 21 balls

Strauss bowled by Pollard behind his legs!!

On_the_up said:
Play resuming, equation unchanged. 36 required off 21 balls

Strauss bowled by Bravo!!

Ive met my match - you are fast! :akhtar

24 required off 12 balls, There should be no doubt about the winner from here

England batters let the team down again, bopara, shah, KP, collinwood, prior. Couldnt adapt to the low bounce of the pitch.

They were in with a really good chance when the partnership with Mascarrehnas got going. But i think the run out was his fault, should have watched strauss run, and ran with it rather then watching ball.

lost all hope when strauss got out in the last overs. Better luck next time folks. Get Aadil Rashid in, instead of batty. Flintoff will be replacing harmison.

this series is exactly what i expected. one ordinary team against another ordinary team. neither of which could ever dream of beating australia, south africa, sri lanka, india, or pakistan in a 5 ODI series.

The team is surely enjoying themselves there. A strange and long schedule. Next ODIs are next Friday, Sunday and then following Friday

Muhammad said:
Windies ended up 264 for 8, lost their way in the latter overs, Chanderpaul got injured plus a little preoccupied with his 100.

Good stuff from England's dibbly dobblers at the end.

Decent score though, 2nd innings should be interesting.

Wonder if Stuart Broad will be punished for petulant behaviour towards Alim Dar? Really spat the dummy out and with no justification either.

similar to the one he made against pakistan a couple of years ago. Chanderpaul plays for his average too much rather than hitting out.

I see the overratted kevin petersingh got out to another pace bowler!..not very good against non dibbly dobblers is he?!

pretty disapointing in the end. the fact we batted rubbish and were still close-ish shows what a good chance it was to go 2 up. not to worry, plenty of time to get back into it.

Last edited:
it was just a poor shot from Pietersen, something every player is guilty of against a dibbly dabbly now and again, including the great khan's favourite players i'm sure. 20-odd international centuries at the age of 28 speak louder than people's chips on shoulders.

Last edited:
England once again just seem to show their inability to pace an inns correctly wether they bat 1st or 2nd. Theres no flexability, no inovation at all. England are just clueless in ODIs and just go through the motions in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back