West Indies v England | 4th ODI | Bridgetown | 29/3/09

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
With the threat of the WI boycotting the 5th ODI, this could be the last one of the series. England have been shockingly bad in this series, and will be a real surprise if they turn it around in this match. I hope WI bat first in this match, might be the only way of match going the distance.

Likely teams according to Cricinfo:

West Indies (possible) 1 Chris Gayle (capt), 2 Lendl Simmons, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 5 Kieron Pollard, 6 Dwayne Bravo, 7 Darren Sammy, 8 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 9 Lionel Baker, 10 Nikita Miller, 11 Fidel Edwards.

England (possible)
1 Ravi Bopara, 2 Andrew Strauss (capt), 3 Kevin Pietersen, 4 Owais Shah, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Andrew Flintoff, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Dimitri Mascarenhas, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Gareth Batty, 11 James Anderson.

Is Adil Rashid in the ODI squad? if so why don't they give him a go, nothing to loose.

I sincerely hope England perform well as their recent performances a of late have been shocking and disgraceful to be honest. I think the passion and determination and to certain extent the loyalties of the players needs to be questioned. I dont see how an international side can perform so poor consistently. But W.Indies deserve every credit as they've played some fantastic cricket.

And yes i think Adil Rahsid is in the squad and i too would love to see him play. The guys seems like an exciting prospect and especially since the team hasnt been performing well its very confusing as too why we havnt seen some new talent being tried out.

well i personally would like to see chanderpaul score another hundred.

and also jealous crybaby-terson to fail with the bat again.

Got my timings all wrong - thought it was a 1.30pm start - with BST now in force (without the Summer bit), its a 2.30pm start (UK)

England have won the toss and decided to bowl first

West Indies team
CH Gayle, LMP Simmons, RR Sarwan, S Chanderpaul, KA Pollard, DJ Bravo, DJG Sammy, D Ramdin, NO Miller, LS Baker, FH Edwards

England team
AJ Strauss, RS Bopara, KP Pietersen, OA Shah, PD Collingwood, A Flintoff, MJ Prior, AD Mascarenhas, SCJ Broad, JM Anderson, SJ Harmison

Steve Bucknor's final ODI in charge - on home soil. Nice little presentation made to him, with both teams present.

Gayle puts HArmison in his place - then tonks Flintoff into the beach for 6!

53-0

19 for WI

1 for Eng

Yes - I refer to sixes in the ODI series to date...

The beach seeing a lot of the ball!

Another SIXER to Gayle - off Harmison!

60-0

HOHO!

Lendl smashing Harmison about now - very stylish!

65-0 off 11 overs

Last edited:
Another SIXER from Gayle - Broad getting the treatment!

72-0

Back