West Indies v India | 1st Test | Kingston | 20-24 June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at how this day has been called 'fantastic' ... given that a month or so ago people (Indians) were lambasting the lack of quality between Pakistan & the WI.

given that a month or so ago people (Indians) were lambasting the lack of quality between Pakistan & the WI.
Probably because India is missing some quality from their lineup as well? No?

^^
they were realistically missing only younis khan(Which is a big miss granted).
but missing yk <<< missing srt, sehwag, gambhir.

unless you think they were missing malik, moyo, kaneria, etc.

dont talk about amir and asif cause you got good enough bowlers.
tanvir, ajmal, wahab, etc. are great in their own right.

Last edited:
i think match will get over by 3 days.

nasty turn mishra and even bhajji were getting.

the sick bumper that bhajji unintentionally bowled was another indication that this pitch wont hold long.

Yk, moyo, kaneria, asif and amir.
I am not saying that Asif and Amir should be playing after what they have done. But the same goes for your stars that are not playing.
SRT doesn' t wantes to play so saying that India is missing him.
Sehwag, hmmm interisting case. Is it a surprise for you that he is not playing? It was not IPL 1 or 2 to be surprised. Sehwag has always been injured after IPL so it should not be a surprise the 4th year.
Same goes for Zaheer Khan.
Ghambir predered to captain Kolkata than to open for India.

So reastically India is missing no one...
Pakistan were missing YK.

Yk, moyo, kaneria, asif and amir.
I am not saying that Asif and Amir should be playing after what they have done. But the same goes for your stars that are not playing.
SRT doesn' t wantes to play so saying that India is missing him.
Sehwag, hmmm interisting case. Is it a surprise for you that he is not playing? It was not IPL 1 or 2 to be surprised. Sehwag has always been injured after IPL so it should not be a surprise the 4th year.
Same goes for Zaheer Khan.
Ghambir predered to captain Kolkata than to open for India.

So reastically India is missing no one...
Pakistan were missing YK.

Haha FTB's rolled for 246 by the weakest real side in cricket.

Go WestIndies!!! Spliff up maaan!!

Normal service should resume shortly though....

I don't think so. We don't have our normal batting line up. I don't think we will see those imposing five hundreds and six hundreds at a run rate close to four runs per over that we often see from the Indian batting line up.

I don't think so. We don't have our normal batting line up. I don't think we will see those imposing five hundreds and six hundreds at a run rate close to four runs per over that we often see from the Indian batting line up.

Yeah, can you show me all those matches where this has happened?

Schaden, 500-600 is not really required.

Normal service is meant in the sense of the spinners rolling over the opponents with a helpful turning track.

This is very much on the cards, for we are glad mishra is in fine form and even harby can be a handful against these weak batsman.

I'm hoping the match to go down the wire and relying on our tweakers to make us cross the line.

As Pakistan were missing some quality from their lineup as well? No?
As coolseraz said that was your best possible team save for YK. Your bowling lineup was at least twice the bowling line up we have for this series.

did anybody see that nasty bouncer bowled by bhajji(!!!!)? pitch is not gonna hold up. 1st day itself mishra's ball turning from outside leg to outside off.

we NEED pitches like these.

Very interesting first day of cricket, hope it would be a close match. I think Mishra holds the key, he bowled with great control and variation so far in this series, so much depends on him.

Probably because India is missing some quality from their lineup as well? No?

Well if you can accept that you should also not expect a side devoid of any experienced players to immediately be up to the quality "required". I still remember bullsh!t talk about a two-tier system etc being thrown about as if Pakistan and the West Indies were playing cricket of a ridiculously low standard ... take out three of your players and the result is not dissimilar to our team without Yousuf, Younis, Butt and Akmal.

Bhajji needs to complete his 400 wickets in this match itself :warne

ok where do you guys think the match is heading ? My guess is we are in trouble !!!

We are in trouble. I do not see Ishant and Praveen getting a wicket if their life depended on it. Mishra is the only hope. With one bowler and a half, what magic can we do ?

W.I seem to be in a rut with their snail pace scoring! In such situations it only takes a wicket or 2 and they are in deep ****! They need to be more postive and rotate strike better. Also they need to try and get a lead some how. I wouldnt be shocked if they got bowled out for 200 today!

We are in trouble. I do not see Ishant and Praveen getting a wicket if their life depended on it. Mishra is the only hope. With one bowler and a half, what magic can we do ?

both ishant and parveen bowled well with the new ball in sultry conditions and showed good amount of stamina

parveen swang the ball, and ishant was very good had pace 86-90mph and getting good bounce and bowling some jaffers.
parveen could have made the batsmen play more but i though he swang the ball well and in england he could be handful if he can swing it like that in windies.

W.I lose a wicket early and i cant see barath lasting to long against spinner either.

The in ability to rotate strike etc... is there for all to see

Good Strike from Ishant. India need to continue the pressure now. shahidafridi123, you are a lucky mascot for India in this test:)

Pathetic decision. Impact way outside off and the bat came down. Only if he was leaving the ball he should have been given out. Good start for India though.

Bad Decision, Impact clearly outside!

No, it was a correct decision.

If a batsman doesn't offer a shot to a ball pitched outside off-stump, umpires just have to make sure the ball would have hit his stumps and he can rule the batsman out.. irrespective of it hit him in line or outside the line of stumps.

Sarwan was just pretending to offer a stroke but bat was well hidden behind the pads.

Last edited:
No, it was a correct decision.

If a batsman doesn't offer a shot to a ball pitched outside off-stump, umpires just have to make sure the ball would have hit his stumps and he can rule the batsman out.. irrespective of it hit him in line or outside the line of stumps.

He didn't really leave the ball. Read post #676.

How many runs will W.I score in their first innings?

shahidafridi123: 205 all out
Amjid Javed: 198 all out
KingKhanWC: 230 all out
cricketfanfirst: 179

Please Join!

freelance_cricketer: 286
Krishnan: 287

Please Join!

kashmiri_lad: 185

..continue

Did anybody notice?
35 runs of 24 overs..They are putting way too much pressure on themselves..

Will be back, please somebody continue from here:

Please Join!

Rampaul is going to have to score some runs at the end again for the Windies. 200 all out is my prediction.

Hey, Sarwan was not playing the stroke, he was pretending to, as his bat is hidden behind the pads. You don't need to leave the ball by opening out shoulders, even pretending to play the ball would be out.

His bat came down late and ended up behind the pad. He doesn't have to be playing a shot as you say, he was offering a shot which is what is required.

Harper just now has given a leg bye because of the same thing. The bat of Barath was behind the pad but even more hidden than Sarwans.

His bat came down late and ended up behind the pad. He doesn't have to be playing a shot as you say, he was offering a shot which is what is required.

Harper just now has given a leg bye because of the same thing. The bat of Barath was behind the pad but even more hidden than Sarwans.

It's a matter of perception, and the 2 umps perceived similar 'shots' in different ways. Wonder what would have happened with Sarwan had UDRS been there and the decision appealed?

Last edited:

kashmiri_lad: 185
asian123: 225 All out

Please Join!

It's a matter of perception, and the 2 umps perceived similar 'shots' in different ways. Wonder what would have happened with Sarwan had UDRS been there and the decision appealed?
umpires call and hence out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back