West Indies v South Africa - [Super 8s/Match 13] - Updates

South Africa team
GC Smith, AB de Villiers, JH Kallis, HH Gibbs, AG Prince, LL Bosman, MV Boucher, SM Pollock, AJ Hall, A Nel, M Ntini

West Indies team
CH Gayle, S Chanderpaul, RR Sarwan, BC Lara, DS Smith, DJ Bravo, D Ramdin, KA Pollard, DB Powell, IDR Bradshaw, CD Collymore

Last edited:
The Windies have decided to go into this game with Corey Collymore who would be replacing Jerome Taylor. The Proteas have made two changes to their side, Charle Langeveldt and Justin Kemp have been kept out and they would be replaced by Andrew Hall and Loots Bosman.

Although Windies DONT deserve it, I hope they can do what Bangladesh did and cause an upset - really throw the group standings in disaaray.

Lets face it - Aus, Lankans & NZ look unstoppable.....but another SA loss, and 4th place is there for the taking...for BD!

Kemp finally dropped for his consistent failures. Is it me, or do West Indies field first these days, without any hesitation?

Should be a good game, inshallah!

gone! Smith gone! Collymore bowls it and Smith is caught behind!!

21/1 after 7

Smith goes for 7

jayed said:
mmmmm. would that be...let me get my calculator

:))

SA are playing really slow for some reason, could be to do with the pitch but the two WI bowlers are playing well

As I type Kallis whips away a four to square leg

wow kallis seems to be on fire at the moment. things not looking good for windies .

Since kallis was criticised he's been looking pretty dangerous......

In fairness S.a are a better side than sri lanks and new zealand and dont deserve to miss out on semi finals....but part of me feels terrible that we will be breaking west indies hearts if we win today.......

anyway....west indies always save their best against S.A in world cups......whatever south africa get , they are capable of chasing it...

saffer said:
Since kallis was criticised he's been looking pretty dangerous......

In fairness S.a are a better side than sri lanks and new zealand and dont deserve to miss out on semi finals....but part of me feels terrible that we will be breaking west indies hearts if we win today.......

Maybe this will be the revenge for the WC 2003 opener? Life is tough.

straight bat said:
10 overs

36/1

dare you to figure out the run rate :p
the run rate would be 3.6 at that time.
de Villiers playing good. I am gonna get some points in Fantasy Cricket.

Desperate times for Windies they badly need a wicket from somewhere

Windies have been very poor...missed at least 2 easy run out chances plus a drop catch plus a catch that should have been given!

I can't understand why Lara has not tried a spinner at this stage of the game. Hi fast bowlers have not been successful he needs to give the spinners a try and that too quick!!

straight bat said:
lol forget about it mate
I know, I am just jokin around. I know what you mean.
Hey, Pollard is actually kinda good. He is a good medium pacer.
I called him a medium pacer cuz he is only bowling like 116. kph and 120. kph

lara400 said:
I can't understand why Lara has not tried a spinner at this stage of the game. Hi fast bowlers have not been successful he needs to give the spinners a try and that too quick!!
there is only Gayle and he has bowled quite poorly through out the tournament.

PlanetPakistan said:
Windies have been very poor...missed at least 2 easy run out chances plus a drop catch plus a catch that should have been given!

Luck has to swing your way sometimes. Saffers 150-1. I'm still have an eye on 300. If Loots Bosman comes in and has a swing. He doesn't know how to block. First guy in SA to get a 100 in 20/20.

JustAnotherFan said:
Luck has to swing your way sometimes. Saffers 150-1. I'm still have an eye on 300. If Loots Bosman comes in and has a swing. He doesn't know how to block. First guy in SA to get a 100 in 20/20.
Yea i have heard of Bossman...Pollard and Bossman are similar type of batsmen

I reckon if it's around 285-290 then WI would still be in the game but 300+ will be a bit too much.

Something interesting I read on Cricinfo.

First boundary for almost 16 overs
29.2 Gayle to Kallis, FOUR, poor ball, asking to be cut and Kallis obliges with a late cut past the diving backward point

JustAnotherFan said:
Something interesting I read on Cricinfo.

First boundary for almost 16 overs
29.2 Gayle to Kallis, FOUR, poor ball, asking to be cut and Kallis obliges with a late cut past the diving backward point

What part of that is interesting?

It's about time that people get off Kallis's back...he is the most under-rated cricketer in the world.

Back