West Indies vs India | 2nd ODI | Port of Spain | 8/6/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolSERAZ

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
West Indies vs India | 2nd ODI | Port of Spain | 8/6/11

Okay. india have won the toss and are fielding first.
india are unchanged.
windies have one change-kieron pollard in for darren bravo as part of rotation policy.

match about to start. let the predictions begin.

Heavy clouds in southern side of the ground. I hope we witness full match :42:

just noticed that Munaf's economy is under 5. A very good economy for a bowler in ODI in modern day cricket.

WI openers are doing pretty good job so far

Meanwhile, Munna into argument with Edwards

40 for no loss after 10 overs

Poor throw from the fielder. that could have been a run out

Last edited:
Dangerous Simmons looks set for a big score

4 for him off MishraJi's bowling

Edit: Close call for caught behind stumps but turned down by Ump Nero

BTW, I forgot to mention Butter gloves has already started his trade of missing balls behind the stumps

Bhajji seems to have gone back to his usual bowling line n length today (that is Leg sidish around the wicket half trackers) :facepalm:

At last Butter gloves catches a ball and ump nero also gives one out

Edwards is gone

MishraJi strikes for us

Bhajji bowling around the wicket? Negative attitude.

Bhajji bowling around the wicket? Negative attitude.

For the last year or so, he is trying to ape the great Muralidharan in bowling from around the wicket to make his doosras effective against Right Handers. But he has been not very successful with his line n length most of the time(like his first over today).

Bhajji's pride (?) is getting violated big time by the WI batters in the middle

11 Runs of his second over (BTW, 12 from his first over)

68 for 1 after 14 overs

WI batters have picked up the RR slowly but steadily now

76 for 1 after 15 overs

We need the wicket of Simmons

82 for 1 after 16 overs

Before the score reaches 100 we need the wickets of Simmons n Sarwan or else they will murder our part timers.

The only reason I wanted to watch the match was Daren Bravo, but he is not playing...

Parthiv continues to be a big liability for us behind the stumps, Saha needs to get a game sooner rather than later

Isnt this match beeing live telecasted on Youtube? I saw the T20 match on youtube. English commentators all the match.

The break was too short. I take my post back :)

Isnt this match beeing live telecasted on Youtube? I saw the T20 match on youtube. English commentators all the match.

Yes. It is available in youtube with english commentary. I am downloading a movie right now so no chance for me to stream as well as download at the same time with puny badnwidth :p

Mishra Ji is quality. Good to see him getting chance ahead of other leg spinners from domestic scene (in particular Chaiwala).

lol was not posting for a while since I was relaxing on my sofa and attached my laptop to TV...windies doing well.....

^ why isn't he playing?

May be Raina too thinks Ashwin is more mentally tough than Bhajji is, so want to give Bhajji more chance :p

Jokes apart, reality is Bhajji being Vice Captain of the team does not give an opportunity for Ashwin to get selected as Off spinner into the side.

On the current form Ashwin is more reliable n wicket taking spinner than Bhajji will be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back