Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan 272 & 131/1

West Indies 223

Pakistan lead by 180 runs with 9 wickets remaining

----------------------------------

Pakistan should look to be atleast 265-70 runs ahead by close of play today!

Thank you for the thread AJ.

Need to get minimum of 250 lead atleast by end of play today!

Just need to take the 1s and 2s and not let the boundaries dry up either.

Keep a good pace of the innings.

Taufeeq should now look at getting to his century and Azhar his 50!

GOOD LUCK BROTHERS, SO MUCH TIME LEFT, JUST ENJOY BATTING ! :yk

Put Nash back in his place. no point faffing around with such garbage

50 pship is up :D

field is set back so pakistan should just look to rotate strike and pick up 4/5 singles an over.

133/1 - Lead 182

They both have gone into Misbah mode courtesy of Azhar being there. Misbah will be very proud right now!

smashed away next ball 4 more...

Azhar onto 43*

Azhar now averages more than Taufeeq. :azhar

EDIT: I thought, he has surpassed him BUT no Taufeeq still infront in the race.

Last edited:
Taufeeq needs to learn to rotate strike better v Spinners. Seems to get bogged down to much!

Nash stays on because their bowlers are tired. Junior would have been ideal here.

50 for Azhar. Well played. He won't get a better chance to reach the magical 3 figure mark.

50 for azhar, 2nd times hes score 50 in boths inns off test match,

Hopefully a maiden test hundred?

Love it. Well done Azhar! Good SR as well looks like he read my post earlier. :p

well played Azhar! :14:

in my opinion his most fluent innings to date...8 50s in 24 innings, solid stuff...just needs to improve his strike rotation and develop wider ranger of shots and he'll definitely succeed...I just hope he doesn't become Misbah!

Cnt remember the last time pakistan were in a comfortable position at 156-1 with a commanding 205 lead and 9 wickets still left!

Azhar gone! poor shot! went for cut when there were two fielders behind the wicket!

:facepalm:

Ammar: "Ah !! After how many years we are seeing this figure PAKISTAN 150/1 ?"

Really dont understand why Azhar even attempted that shot!

Oh no...You can see how disappointed azhar is for not getting that 100

these selectors are very cruel..already there was controversy over azhar ali's selection

Asad edges on and just drops short off 1st slip!

very lucky!

I reckon Azhar needs to add a few more shots to his repertoire, especially against the spinners. Its good to see that hes developed this paddle scoop to release the presure, but he really needs to work on cutting the ball against the spinners, and needs to get to the pitch of the ball more often. He stays on the backfoot way too much against spinners , and until he sorts his technical issues against spin out hes not going to get a great number of centuries

This is what happens when people keep asking to increase the RR.

All Pakistan need to do is bat till after lunch tomorrow, get a lead of 350 (for which we are going fine) and put WINDIES in just 10 overs or so before tea.

People want t20 cricket even in tests.

Strange decision to persist with Shafiq at 4. I would have sent Junior in.

What is worse bout azhar wicket is that asad who will stop the scoring is now at the crease and next batsman is misbah and NOT Umar Akmal!

This is what happens when people keep asking to increase the RR.

All Pakistan need to do is bat till after lunch tomorrow, get a lead of 350 (for which we are going fine) and put WINDIES in just 10 overs or so before tea.

People want t20 cricket even in tests.

we want lead of 250 today coz its reasonable to get it,

Ur asking for 350 and asking to score that at 1-2 rpo?

No need for that shot from Azhar Ali, especially when there was two fielders behind the wicket. Now Taufeeq really has to carry on and make a big one

I reckon Azhar needs to add a few more shots to his repertoire, especially against the spinners. Its good to see that hes developed this paddle scoop to release the presure, but he really needs to work on cutting the ball against the spinners, and needs to get to the pitch of the ball more often. He stays on the backfoot way too much against spinners , and until he sorts his technical issues against spin out hes not going to get a great number of centuries

well said, completely agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back