What was the last song you listened to?

For some reason i'm hooked on 'I dont like Mondays' by the boomtown rats!

Verve Pipe - The Freshman. I think it was played somewhere in One Tree Hill, probably the 4th season.

Shahid A said:
Akon - right now

brilliant song. Also, dangerous by kardinal offishal ft akon, gimme some by kardinal offishal.

I'm listening to cokie jar a lot too.

Umair Paracha! said:
Mein Jeena Tere Naal - Mohabbatan Sachiyan

Awesome lyrics and a very relaxing song.

Worked well as a recommendation for me:19:!

This one, best line in a song: "uff yeh kumbukth dil kyun dharakne laga":

[utube]aUv-mel33d4[/utube]

filosofee said:
This one, best line in a song: "uff yeh kumbukth dil kyun dharakne laga"
best will be the chooridar pajama but lekin that aside and trying to catrure the essence of the song

yeh mera unghota keyboard par thip thup karney laga
jab say gana suna dil ping pong karney laga

Man you are really out there. Crazy stuff. It was a nice touch to show the valima dinner guests when no one seems to be around but then a spanish bull fighter jumps in runs to the oversized birdcage and later starts shouting "Ooo Monica my darling!"

Filo, you have spoilt my wuzu.

This is one of the best compositions by Pancham (as usual spoilt by stupid picturization). The antara is really amazing!

Momo said:
Filo, you have spoilt my wuzu.

This is one of the best compositions by Pancham (as usual spoilt by stupid picturization). The antara is really amazing!

Apologies! I do actually like that 'Piya thu' - Asha's still got a great voice.

^^ I find
Meri haalat pe rahe jo tera karam
Wo baat bhi mujh ko qubool hai o sanam
jis ki khaatir chhoo liye thhe mere qadam

very womanish (and cute)!

Momo, 12th Man, what about this one, it's awesome:

[utube]Jnbj07sU1wI[/utube]

^^A R Rehman and Udit combination at its best!
Again spoilt by picturization (too many interruptions). Sounds much better in audio.

Oh my goodness, this one makes me want to cry apna hai thu, it's beautiful:

[utube]vBcQ865DZAc[/utube]

Momo said:
^^A R Rehman and Udit combination at its best!
Again spoilt by picturization (too many interruptions). Sounds much better in audio.

Agreed, it was the best song in the movie too.

This one never gets old. Pancham rocks!

[utube]-ZALPc7Vn7k[/utube]

Last edited:
filosofee said:
This is a great song:

[utube]YIWX9vCffms[/utube]
Doesn't play. I guess it's ye jo mohabbat hai?
Top song!
Dil toot jaaye to kya ho anjaam

filosofee said:
Who's Pancham? That song is brilliant, what a voice Lata has.
Pancham is R. D. Burman's nickname. He is the late composer of most of the songs you posted (Teesri Manzil song, Piya tu song, Ye jo mohabbat hai song). For his photo, see my avatar. :)

P.S. He was also Asha's husband.

Last edited:
This man Rafi had, probably the most sensual voice, listen to him speak at the beginning of this song, awesome:

[utube]_EHanmlDOhA[/utube]

Woman has similar features to Jemima Goldsmith

Momo said:
Pancham is R. D. Burman's nickname. He is the late composer of most of the songs you posted (Teesri Manzil song, Piya tu song, Ye jo mohabbat hai song). For his photo, see my avatar. :)

P.S. He was also Asha's husband.

Ah, okay, thanks, Momo. Of course I've heard of him, didn't know that was his nickname. He was the A.R Rehman of his era, no?

Another gem by Pancham. What lyrics, what a composition, what a rendition!

[utube]Vd8paHcvrZM[/utube]

Momo said:
Doesn't play. I guess it's ye jo mohabbat hai?
Top song!
Dil toot jaaye to kya ho anjaam

Yes, that's the song, how come it doesn't play for you, I can see the youtube clip?

Momo, what about this one, again, what a voice this Rafi had, awesome:

[utube]T64D0onQrVI[/utube]

filosofee said:
Ah, okay, thanks, Momo. Of course I've heard of him, didn't know that was his nickname. He was the A.R Rehman of his era, no?
You are welcome, filo. I'd put it this way though: A R Rehman is the R D Burman of this age. Both are miles ahead of their respective rivals.

Momo said:
Another gem by Pancham. What lyrics, what a composition, what a rendition!

[utube]Vd8paHcvrZM[/utube]

Cute song. Hema Malini was way more cuter than her daughter.

filosofee said:
Momo, what about this one, again, what a voice this Rafi had, awesome:

[utube]T64D0onQrVI[/utube]
Good one, filo. Yes, Rafi was something else. Whatever the kind of song, he was equal to the task. Super voice and great skill.

Of today's male Bollywood singers Momo, who'd you rate higher? Udit for me.

filosofee said:
Of today's male Bollywood singers Momo, who'd you rate higher? Udit for me.
Udit without a doubt. Udit all the way.

Great Rafi song from Pocketmaar: Banda pawar mein kahaan

[utube]T1o6zM92eLc[/utube]

Love the line "yeh aap hain" --> "nahin tho apke baap hain" :)))

Will listen to your song 12th Man, just found one of my late father's favourite RAFI songs, which I haven't heard for years:

Jis Din Se Meiney Thum Ko Dekha Hai

[utube]TEeroCSGcz0[/utube]

12thMan said:
koi is ganay ki bhi daad day. Bari mehrbani
Such a beautiful video and song and no mention. I will post it every week until someone says lovely and tells me what was at 3:00 to 3:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9VSHXuOeo&feature=related

Couldn't get it to play 12th Man (I'm using Google Chrome and there appears to be a problem with schockwave). I'll take your word that it's a good song :)

Momo said:
Lovely song, filo. Super lyrics and composition. Pancham again!

Ah, okay, thanks. I think my favourite oldie is HANSTE ZAKHM. I just know that Shabana Azmi's father wrote the lyrics of my favourite Rafi song of all time from this movie. I'll go search you tube for it, I'm sure I've posted it before.

filosofee said:
Ah, okay, thanks. I think my favourite oldie is HANSTE ZAKHM. I just know that Shabana Azmi's father wrote the lyrics of my favourite Rafi song of all time from this movie. I'll go search you tube for it, I'm sure I've posted it before.
Tum jo mil gaye ho is my father's favourite Rafi song (along with yaad na jaaye beete dinon ki and jab mohabbat jawaan hoti hai).

Great song with amazing changes in tempo - change of pace in cricketing terms (what one of my dear friends jokingly likes to call 'pace of change').

Meri kya khata hai, hota hai ye bhi
Ke zameen se bhi kabhi aasmaan mil gaya

Supreme!

Momo said:
Tum jo mil gaye ho is my father's favourite Rafi song (along with yaad na jaaye beete dinon ki and jab mohabbat jawaan hoti hai).

Great song with amazing changes in tempo - change of pace in cricketing terms (what one of my dear friends jokingly likes to call 'pace of change').

Meri kya khata hai, hota hai ye bhi
Ke zameen se bhi kabhi aasmaan mil gaya

Supreme!

Momo, my fav words from it are:

Ek bhutke huwe rahee ko, caravaan mil gaya, thum jo, mil gaya ho

Tum Jo Mil Gaye Ho is one of Rafi's most overrated songs IMHO.

Ravi, Naushad, Khawaja Khurshid Anwer and Shanker Jaikishen were all miles ahead of Pancham

Could someone please explain how I can post a video like you have done above?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what song this parody is based on please? (From 5:00 onwards, number 4)

[UTUBE]5DMOxwDKm7s[/UTUBE]

Last edited:
"Chaand Sa Mukhra" by Ali Haider. A wonderful song it is:)! I remember I used to listen to it a lot in my childhood days:28:.......

Aaj Mausam Bada Baimaan hai - Mohammad Rafi.

Loved it!

Last edited:
Akon ft. Michael Jackson - Hold my Hand

[utube]YkOXN8VmvYY[/utube]

Last edited:
Back