Where's the swing for Mohammad Amir?

waleed88

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
So far he has been gun barrel straight... hasn't been able to bring it back into the right hander. Its overcast conditions, perfect for fast bowlers

What is wrong with Mohammad Amir?

He bowled 2 bouncers before the tea break..

and now bowl another bouncer..

personally to me he doesn't look that fit he is been bowling some rubbish today

He's not hitting a good pace either.. usually bowls at the high 80's at the start of the innings

Bowled some great overs, but that indipper/inswing is missing which made him lethal last time. He is a thinking bowler but is missing these tools to be an effective one as well.

This is why I did not understand Mushi's appointment as bowling coach. Yes Yasir is doing well but what will he tell the pacers? Our pacers will be the most important on this tour.

Does not look the same bowler. The potency & is missing.

He honestly hasn't impressed me once since his comeback. He looks very ordinary and nowhere near the bowler that he was pre ban.

But then again...he swung it plenty in the Asia Cup match vs Ind..?

I think he has been bowling too short with the new ball.

Needs to pitch it up like he did to Hales in the first innings.

Bowled some great overs, but that indipper/inswing is missing which made him lethal last time. He is a thinking bowler but is missing these tools to be an effective one as well.

This is why I did not understand Mushi's appointment as bowling coach. Yes Yasir is doing well but what will he tell the pacers? Our pacers will be the most important on this tour.

Yea something is not right with him.. he is bowling wide of the crease to Cook to bring it back in.. he's not getting it to move it away either.. and this is overcast conditions

Yes he hasn't been very consistent in bringing the ball back in to the right-handers.

Root was happy to leave every delivery of his outside the off-stump because he didn't suspect that he might bring the ball in back late.

And he is still bowling short...not learning from the mistakes.

In 2010 Amir was an unknown commodity, in 2016 England know of Amir's reputation and have done their homework on him. Big Difference.

He just did.. but it was at 77.5 mph..

Amir bowling at that pace is quite a worry

He looks like he's running on an empty tank

Another short one...

This is a new ball he is bowling with

Plus Amir in 2010 was partnered by Mohd Asif. Two world class bowlers operating in tandum, makes a huge difference as oppossed to sharing bowling duties with Rahat and Wahab.

Plus Amir in 2010 was partnered by Mohd Asif. Two world class bowlers operating in tandum, makes a huge difference as oppossed to sharing bowling duties with Rahat and Wahab.

Amir didn't bowl at 78.2 back then like he is now.. this is quite a shocker from Amir

2 things:

1. He is tired, as are all the Pakistani bowlers. None of them are match fit for to bowl 50 overs in a match. Amir also hasn't adapted to the test format yet, since playing odis and t20's for a year.

2. The mentality of the whole team is, we've lost this so let's just bowl negatively, reserve energy etc.

absolutely pathetic in general

Last edited:
2 things:

1. He is tired, as are all the Pakistani bowlers. None of them are match for to bowl 50 overs in a match.

2. The mentality of the whole team is, we've lost this so let's just bowl negatively, reserve energy etc.

absolutely pathetic in general

This has got nothing to do with his ability to swing the ball..

I hate to give comparisons to Rahat, but atleast Rahat induced an edge which should've been caught on another day...he's getting some good swing in and bowling at good pace

Yea something is not right with him.. he is bowling wide of the crease to Cook to bring it back in.. he's not getting it to move it away either.. and this is overcast conditions

True. They probably sacked Waqar Younis a series too early. All the three pacers have been pretty much off line.

There's only one bowler who looks up for it and its not Mohammad Amir..

We were told that he would run through England like it is 2010.....

Yes he hasn't been very consistent in bringing the ball back in to the right-handers.

Root was happy to leave every delivery of his outside the off-stump because he didn't suspect that he might bring the ball in back late.

Yea. Now with Mushi being there as the bowling coach the only help Aamir can get is from Wasim Akram. Now it's on him to be pro-active and get that lethal deliver back.

Hope he doesn't act as a typical Pakistani and waits for something to happen.

There was a thread on PP before the series which begged the question if Amir will get enough support from the other bowlers.

So far, it has been the other way round to be honest.

He's not lasted two test matches.. premature entry back into the side.. doesn't look like he can last the game

And now he's been taken out of the attack..

that's quite a statement on Amir if you ask me.

He is not the same anymore.Let's accept it.He has become very ordinary.Even Rahat, an average bowler at best, has outbowled him.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

Down on pace and everything yet even at his worse he is twice the bowler that Rahat ali is who cant even land two balls on a good length.

Down on pace and everything yet even at his worse he is twice the bowler that Rahat ali is who cant even land two balls on a good length.

And Rahat got a close lbw shout, and induced an edge of Hales which could've been caught on another day

I am genuinely worried about Amir, he's not swinging it at all..

I hope he's not going down the Junaid Khan road

:))

Regarding his pace, dude it's his second test back and he just bowled 29 overs. And now he's bowling again with half a day's rest.

What a delivery from Amir.. Cook is eating him for breakfast

PPers have mastered the art of setting themselves up for disappointment.

It was bound to happen given how much hype Amir was given before his return and especially before this tour.

As someone on this forum rightly said, even Bradman wouldn't have been as hyped during his time as Amir is now.

Regarding his pace, dude it's his second test back and he just bowled 29 overs. And now he's bowling again with half a day's rest.

Every bowler has bowled that many overs, Amir shouldnot get special treatment..

If he is then I guess he doesn't deserve to be in the side

Does that also stop Amir from bowling at a good pace?? 77mph was 3-4 deliveries in the last over

From swing to speed ... BTW there is no point bowling quick now when england are trying to play with us. No need to break our backs.

Actually Junaid Khan has done much better than him on flat dubai tracks.. this is a worry because he is neither bowling at pace or swinging it

And Rahat got a close lbw shout, and induced an edge of Hales which could've been caught on another day

Well he isnt going to get lucky all the time now is he ??
The batsmen wont always chop half trackers back on their stumps .
About time he starts landing at least 4 balls in a decent area per over at his military medium pace.

It was bound to happen given how much hype Amir was given before his return and especially before this tour.

As someone on this forum rightly said, even Bradman wouldn't have been as hyped during his time as Amir is now.

Lol , you expect nothing and you are content. We expect good things , otherwise there is no point of spending hours on PP and in front of TV.

There was a thread on PP before the series which begged the question if Amir will get enough support from the other bowlers.

So far, it has been the other way round to be honest.

Lol so Amir is bowling at 3 rpo and everyone is bowling over 5 rpo and he needs to support them ? Delete your account

Funnily enough most people have realistic expectations unlike the ones creating threads for everything and commenting aftet every over that goes without a wicket.

About time he starts landing at least 4 balls in a decent area per over at his military medium pace.

Oh loook.. Amir is bowling at 77mph.. He cannot swing it, cannot seam it.. and he has lost his pace.. Please send him back to Pakistan

Funnily enough most people have realistic expectations unlike the ones creating threads for everything and commenting aftet every over that goes without a wicket.

Amir is a trundler now.. you will have to accept it coz he is utterly garbage this series

Lol so Amir is bowling at 3 rpo and everyone is bowling over 5 rpo and he needs to support them ? Delete your account

Yes, it's about the ER only...

Let me put it this way:

Pakistani bowlers based on performance so far in this series.

1) Yasir
2) Rahat
3) Amir
4) Wahab

Apart from Yasir, all of them have been poor, but Rahat has bowled better than Amir in patches, while Wahab has been the worst.

Actually Junaid Khan has done much better than him on flat dubai tracks.. this is a worry because he is neither bowling at pace or swinging it

Alright man. Whatever you say.

Don't start flip flopping when he gets back into rhythm.

Your bias for Amir is pretty evident.. even after he got smacked for 2 4's by Cook

Your bias for Amir is pretty evident.. even after he got smacked for 2 4's by Cook

Alright man. Whatever you say.

Don't start flip flopping when he gets back into rhythm.

I Like Amir, but unlike what his fans believe I feel he has been garbage this series, our most poor bowler of the lot..
only a matter of time before he gets benched

I Like Amir, but unlike what his fans believe I feel he has been garbage this series, our most poor bowler of the lot..

He hasn't threatened England like a prime Amir would but he's done well for a guy playing his 2nd test after 6 years. Especially if you count the dropped catches.

From swing to speed ... BTW there is no point bowling quick now when england are trying to play with us. No need to break our backs.

Oh come on.. you are telling me a fast bowler is not really up for bowling in overcast conditions? Cry me a river.. fast bowlers are predators and their performances in test matches are for personal glory as much as it is for the team..
The young Amir against Australia never did this, even if the lead was 400 and you were losing..

If he is doing this then its ridiculous because the captain has given him 4 slips to get wickets.. so the demeanor of the bowler is even more worrying if what you say is true

He hasn't threatened England like a prime Amir would but he's done well for a guy playing his 2nd test after 6 years. Especially if you count the dropped catches.

What?? Now Rahat just had a missed chance from Hafeez, doesn't mean you whine about not being able to do your best..

2 of his chances were on Cook in the first game.. so that doesn't mean he would've had 4 more wickets.. it just means he would've had 2 more wickets not 4 lol

Lol he is the best fast bowler in Pakistan. Even in this series he has looked better than the other 2 so not sure what OP is talking about. Give him some more time. He was unfairly hyped to the moon but if there is a better pacer in Pakistan then tell me his name? He has the potential to be among the 3 best fast bowlers in the world. Some people really showing their bias here tbh because since Amir made his debut no Pakistani pacer has looked as good as him.

I Like Amir, but unlike what his fans believe I feel he has been garbage this series, our most poor bowler of the lot

Massive exaggeration..he actually bowled very well at Lords.

Lol have you even been watching the games? Hes bowled better than Rahat and Wahab

Massive exaggeration..he actually bowled very well at Lords.

Yea he did well to get rid of tailenders.. I mean he did so goood..

Wahab was actually berated for the same reasons in the previous innings..

Lol have you even been watching the games? Hes bowled better than Rahat and Wahab

Yea no wonder he's been running havoc through the English lineup, I mean they are scared to death of his 77mph pies :))

There is a reason why Amir averages 40+ in 4/5 series he played. :)

Only good thing about his career was last English tour, rest has been rubbish. Having said that, he is a fine bowler, just not as good as the hype.

Oh come on.. you are telling me a fast bowler is not really up for bowling in overcast conditions? Cry me a river.. fast bowlers are predators and their performances in test matches are for personal glory as much as it is for the team..
The young Amir against Australia never did this, even if the lead was 400 and you were losing..

If he is doing this then its ridiculous because the captain has given him 4 slips to get wickets.. so the demeanor of the bowler is even more worrying if what you say is true

Overcast conditions with wet ball means jack bro. Try it sometime. The team morale is down and catches go down regularly at slips , the weight of expectations was too much on him anyway. All factors add up and you see the result.
Rahat on the other end isn't bowling like Malcolm Marshall either. If our batter were any good , we could have scored 450 here easily on this phatta.

Yea no wonder he's been running havoc through the English lineup, I mean they are scared to death of his 77mph pies :))

Criticism is alright but if youre gonna lie then I have no argument. That was a slower delivery which he rolled his fingers over. His pace hasnt been bad at all

There is a reason why he he is rated as highly as some ATGs by cricket pundits and opposition batsmen despite that average .

So is Rohit Sharma, but it doesn't hide the fact that they are way below average outside their comfort-zone.

That 77 mph ball was off cutter

Brother you should check the previous overs.. I'm pretty sure you haven't been following the game..
I watched every ball..
His overs 3 and 4 actually had 3-4 deliveries in each other that ranged from 77-78..
All those were not cutters.. he just doesn't want to bowl fast.. or cannot control the ball.. his swing has been missing and he has been the worst of the lot easily

Back