Which side will win the 10th September Asia Cup 2023 clash between Pakistan and India?

Which side will win the 10th September Asia Cup 2023 clash between Pakistan and India?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan have named their XI

Same XI as the one that faced Bangladesh in Lahore

rUPjvcL.png
Ban spinners got considerable turn today. Should have opted for Usama instead of Faheem.

Indian team must be thinking 'Let me rather play IPL, easy money always welcomed' :cool:

I hope Pak annihilates them to smithereens, go Pak Green team!

Fakhar again. This guy cost up last Asia Cup and World Cup. will do same again. Pathetic player. Play 1 good innings in 10 matches.
How have you worked this ratio out ? He has played 74 one day innings and scored 10 100s and 15 50s. That according to my maths is a 50 every 3 innings . You don’t have an average of 46 by scoring once in 10 innings.

He is out of form but there is no need to go extreme.

Mohammad Rizwan speaking to the press

"Their batters also haven't faced our bowlers a lot. They lost early wickets but they put close to 270 on the board. Similarly, we will also have plans when their bowlers will come up against us. India have a good bowling attack, some of the world's best who will obviously challenge us. But as professionals, we should be ready with the answers"

Pak have announced the same playing 11 as against Bangladesh..as expected..

It means that Pak have made up their mind regarding Faheem Ashraf as the bowling all rounder, for WC also…..In my opinion, its a very risky option to take Faheem Ashraf to India,, as the bowling all rounder, as on Indian pitches, you would need some pace, not 120s thunder bolts from Faheem
His last spell is outstanding let's see him for more games

Mohammad Rizwan speaking to the press

"Their batters also haven't faced our bowlers a lot. They lost early wickets but they put close to 270 on the board. Similarly, we will also have plans when their bowlers will come up against us. India have a good bowling attack, some of the world's best who will obviously challenge us. But as professionals, we should be ready with the answers"
Probably the one time he has been correct in his statement

The weather forecast is still looking bleak for tomorrow. The good news is that the forecast for today was bleak too, but it did not rain. So fingers crossed

Hopefully same thing happens tomorrow, blue skies no rain that was forecasted. I’m hopeful after today.

Can't really get excited for Asia Cup but important to not give away anything.

I fear India will use this to get acclimatised to pace bowlers, mostly Rauf

It will be such a poetic justice if the rest of the games get washed out. Pak Vs SL final then. That is what BCCICC deserves.

I can watch this match without any tension as BD games makes me lose brain cells! Maybe need to stop supporting BD and keep with England in all format.

Anyway back to topic. I think Pakistan will win. I fancy Pak to win world cup too. If their bat clicks well. Got all areas covered.

I can watch this match without any tension as BD games makes me lose brain cells! Maybe need to stop supporting BD and keep with England in all format.

Anyway back to topic. I think Pakistan will win. I fancy Pak to win world cup too. If their bat clicks well. Got all areas covered.
I wish what you say is true

I don't think India will find Faheem any tougher than Nawaz to be honest. Here's hoping Sir Garfield proves me wrong.

I don't think India will find Faheem any tougher than Nawaz to be honest. Here's hoping Sir Garfield proves me wrong.
I doubt that Faheem will be any worse. He might be able to get a few wickets even if he turned out to be as expensive. 1694305537811.png

I doubt that Faheem will be any worse. He might be able to get a few wickets even if he turned out to be as expensive. View attachment 136325
India play pace well, their issues are clearly vs bowlers who can swing. Even 120 pacers with swing can trouble that top 3. Very fragile and has obvious holes that can be exploited.

India play pace well, their issues are clearly vs bowlers who can swing. Even 120 pacers with swing can trouble that top 3. Very fragile and has obvious holes that can be exploited.
That goes without saying. Almost all professional cricketers play pace well unless bowlers have skills to place and move the ball well. Faheem does have the capability of moving the ball and keep it under control.

Faheem was economical, broke a vital wicket partnership against bangaldesh and his line and length seemed to have improved. Chacha seems to be doing well so far. Faheem is not the permanent answer and I wish we went with wasim instead.

My problem is agha, agha seems to be the biggest liability in the squad. I only have issues with fakhar and agha tbh.

Faheem in the 2 games he played has done well and he gives our pacers the option to bowl in the middle. It's because we played shadab and nawaz in the middle that India recovered. Bangaldesh never recovered because we kept rotating pace and seldom used spin against Bangladesh. Trust our 3 pacers, their World class if the dominated bangaldesh on a batting paradise pitch.

Also trust shadab as well. Ik people dislike him but he'll come around Ince he plays on a spin friendly pitch. The pallakelle pitch due to rain sucked out any turn against India and the pitch in gaddafi isn't suited for spin. So relax, Pakistan will come around, I am not worried about our bowling. I am worried about our batting, its too dependent on rizwan, Babar and Imam. Would rather have Abdullah and saud, 2 batsmen who were our best performers in Sri Lanka test over an put of form fakhar and agha who looks offcolor and isn't bowling well this Asia cup.

Looks okay. Probably a full game insha allah
We'll get a full game today dw. I live in Australia but one of my flatmates, she lives in colombo and is giving me updates. So far it's part sunny and part cloudy over their with no chance of rain.

But knowing Sri Lankan weather it could change in an instance.

I live around 100km away from colombo towards kandy. It rained here yesterday but colombo turned cloudy without rain. Hopefully it remains the same. And best if pak bats first, posts a good total. Maybe there might be some swing on offer under lights

Pakistan will win inshAllah if there is play.

However it is my preference that the match is rained off.

Last chance to add your votes to the poll

Comments related to the game can go on

100%

Pak would have lost
I dont know rana. I do believe stop start games don't favour the batting team however, the pitch wasn't doing too much. There was a hint of swing but it definitely wasn't unplayable. I think if top 3 got a decent start, it could be chased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back