Which side will win the 2nd September Asia Cup 2023 clash between Pakistan and India?

Which side will win the 2nd September Asia Cup 2023 clash between Pakistan and India?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pak should have considered playing an extra fast bowler, considering weather conditions, which is most likely to be overcast conditions, so it will suit fast bowlers.. I think Pak mossed a trick by not playing an extra fast bowler…plus should have looked to replace Fakhar who will be sent back quickly by Bumrah, Siraj or Shami
Problem is the replacement of fakhar is Abdullah shafiq who lacks experience. The other guy that can be played is saud shakeel but same issue.

Fakhar is not as bad, and should play. Maybe down the tournament they can bring in saud and move rizwan as opener.

I agree with the conditions part and also thought that maybe waseem jr should be playing, as due to rain the pitch will be wet making it more favourable to pacers. But having two spinners gives balance to the team so i understand why nawaz is being kept.

Problem is the replacement of fakhar is Abdullah shafiq who lacks experience. The other guy that can be played is saud shakeel but same issue.

Fakhar is not as bad, and should play. Maybe down the tournament they can bring in saud and move rizwan as opener.

I agree with the conditions part and also thought that maybe waseem jr should be playing, as due to rain the pitch will be wet making it more favourable to pacers. But having two spinners gives balance to the team so i understand why nawaz is being kept.
Nawaz cant handle pressure in bowling.. should have been replaced by Wasim Jnr, especially considering the conditions…

Intresting as pak fan's want another Pacer in playing eleven where I want to add another spinner for India as this pitch going to be dry & slow, due to overcast condition there is zero chance of dew which can favourable for spinners in 2nd innings

Intresting as pak fan's want another Pacer in playing eleven where I want to add another spinner for India as this pitch going to be dry & slow, due to overcast condition there is zero chance of dew which can favourable for spinners in 2nd innings
How come its going to he dry when there is chance of rain extensively.

How come its going to he dry when there is chance of rain extensively.
Have you seen last match ? That pitch was slow and it's going to be same for tomorrow. Most of people's are seeing kandy weather which is nat far from pallekele but there is huge difference in weather as Kandy is hill station where raining chances is pretty high.we definitely get Full game tomorrow

India slight favourites I reckon.

But these days they'll have a few players from the opposition to worry about - Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen and possibly Haris and Naseem.

Regarding Pakistan's team.

I'm a little surprised that they've picked Nawaz given how good India are against spin bowling. Especially with Shadab and Agha already in the XI.

well i am sure its not gonna be a high scoring game for sure. anything around 240 to 250 could have been a winning score.

Regarding Pakistan's team.

I'm a little surprised that they've picked Nawaz given how good India are against spin bowling. Especially with Shadab and Agha already in the XI.
i think they should have picked Faheem Ashraf instead of muhammad nawaz.. he bowled really well in his last game.

The weather.com website predicts 84% rain on the game day. AccuWeather also indicates 85% precipitation on Saturday, with a thick cloud cover throughout, but the chances of a thunderstorm are slim.

If the rain didn't fall and the game happened, I can see Pakistan winning match

Yeah. Pakistan never had such an impact in the past on indain cricket. After that world cup t20 defeat, india is having nightmares.

If it does get rained off, I just hope that India won the Toss, chose to bowl first and we were 30-4 in the first 10 overs.

Batting second in Sri Lanka becomes even more challenging after rain.

Yup, but the bowlers will have trouble gripping the ball if there’s dew. Plus, when you’re batting second with DLS and it starts raining you know where you have to be and how many wickets you can’t lose.

My dear fellow posters, hope everyone is doing well. Its good to see PP is back and so am I just in time for Asia cup. Though I can't be regular here like before but its tough to miss the second biggest El-Classico rivalry in cricket :kp

I think India should win the toss and bat first irrespective of the weather.

Open with Ishan Kishan to tackle Shaheen Afridi, drop Shubhman Gill and play SKY & Shreyas both in middle order to get much needed impetus in the death.

If we don't lose a wicket in first 6 overs, it will be tough for Pakistan to contain Indian batting line up from there on. But the way Shaheen and Naseem is bowling, its tough to not lose a wicket in 1st spell. Just do test match batting and see off the new ball. Indian openers should adopt the same tactics they applied in 2019 WC game against Pak

For bowling, I would play all 3 seamers - Bumrah, Shami & Siraj. I know there is a temptation to play an extra spinner in Axar Patel but I won't bother. Just play 3 proper seamers, then Pandya can bowl some overs of pace too.

My playing XI:

Ishan Kishan
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Shreyas Iyer
Hardik Pandya
Suryakumar Yadav
Ravindra Jadeja
Kuldeep Yadav
Mohammed Shami
Jaspreet Bumrah
Mohammed Siraj

Calling all my patriotic Indian fans :inti to come and support India. 🇮🇳

My dear fellow posters, hope everyone is doing well. Its good to see PP is back and so am I just in time for Asia cup. Though I can't be regular here like before but its tough to miss the second biggest El-Classico rivalry in cricket :kp

I think India should win the toss and bat first irrespective of the weather.

Open with Ishan Kishan to tackle Shaheen Afridi, drop Shubhman Gill and play SKY & Shreyas both in middle order to get much needed impetus in the death.

If we don't lose a wicket in first 6 overs, it will be tough for Pakistan to contain Indian batting line up from there on. But the way Shaheen and Naseem is bowling, its tough to not lose a wicket in 1st spell. Just do test match batting and see off the new ball. Indian openers should adopt the same tactics they applied in 2019 WC game against Pak

For bowling, I would play all 3 seamers - Bumrah, Shami & Siraj. I know there is a temptation to play an extra spinner in Axar Patel but I won't bother. Just play 3 proper seamers, then Pandya can bowl some overs of pace too.

My playing XI:
Ishan Kishan
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Shreyas Iyer
Hardik Pandya
Suryakumar Yadav
Ravindra Jadeja
Kuldeep Yadav
Mohammed Shami
Jaspreet Bumrah
Mohammed Siraj

Calling all my patriotic Indian fans :inti to come and support India. 🇮🇳
Shubman should definitely be in the playing 11. He's in excellent form, so why not make the most of it? His partnership with Ishan as an opener is proving to be highly effective.

Shubman should definitely be in the playing 11. He's in excellent form, so why not make the most of it? His partnership with Ishan as an opener is proving to be highly effective.

But that won't happen no. Rohit is a guaranteed opener and one between Ishan or Gill will partner him. Bcoz Ishan is a left hander and a natural opener, it make sense to open with him rather than pushing him in middle order. We have enough batting in middle order anyway in the shape of Shreyas, SKY and Pandya.

Gill is probably 10 times the batsman Kishan is but considering the later will definitely play being a keeper, it make sense to fully utilize him as opener. I know its unfortunate but in this scenario Gill sits out. When KL Rahul is back, this issue will be solved.

It looks like the weather is getting more favorable for a game tomorrow! 🤞

rljLvGq.png

Attachments

• weather.png
    weather.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 2
Will be rained off. India will lose a lot of ad revenue.

Should have played in Pak.

Pakistan are a stronger side, should win 7/10 ODIS against this Indian side.

It looks like the weather is getting more favorable for a game tomorrow! 🤞

rljLvGq.png
Sri Lanka's weather is highly unpredictable. If there's a hour of rain at the beginning, the ground could get flooded and I doubt they have the capability to drain the ground quickly.

Sri Lanka's weather is highly unpredictable. If there's a hour of rain at the beginning, the ground could get flooded and I doubt they have the capability to drain the ground quickly.
with so much money on the line, i am sure they will be well prepared

Pakistan have got this one, if it goes ahead.

Will be rained off. India will lose a lot of ad revenue.

Should have played in Pak.

Pakistan are a stronger side, should win 7/10 ODIS against this Indian side.
You mean the ACC will lose ad revenue. The BCCI does not get a dime until after the tournament is done and dusted.

Weather is fine. It is not going to be a wet pitch. Nawaz is a better option since there are 5 right hand top order batsman. Left arm would work

No match thread for this blockbuster match but we had nepal match thread 20 hour before match time .very poor

You're wrong as Sri Lankan ground have capability to cover full ground so matches can re start in 30 min after heavy rains

Weather has changed positive. But cloud cover. No sunshine. But weather could change again anytime. These predictions and forecasts mean nothing to the lankan rain gods. Reporting from Kandy. And as im typing this, slight drizzles.

Shaheen and Naseem, you are going to see the ball swing miles specially with naseem. In front of the wicket and also when it passes the batsman as usual

Shaheen and Naseem, you are going to see the ball swing miles specially with naseem. In front of the wicket and also when it passes the batsman as usual
In subcontinent overcast condition doesn't mean that Ball will Swing like England and overcast conditions can also favour spinners as there will be no dew

Ngl, first time in 11+ years that I completely forgot about the match… the World Cup in a few weeks time has really taken the luster out of Asia cup indo-Pak match, especially because that will be a proper high pressure game considering where it is…

Feel like there was far more hype in the previous t20 encounter in the previous Asia Cup. Both those games were gold and epic.

Will say though, the quality of India-Pakistan games has gone up overall to the good old days since the CT 2017 final.

Looks like weather forecast has improved. Only expected to rain between 2-4pm tomorrow at Kandy

Why is babar obsessed with the same winning 11. Nepal and Sri lanka and Bangladesh have been playing spin like crazy.

Have saud in the middle for God sakes.

1) Fakhar Zaman/Abdullah Shafique
2) Imam ul Haq
3) Babar Azam
4) Saud shakeel
5) Muhammad Rizwan
6) Agha Salman/ Muhammad Nawaz (I'd go with nawaz because of his history of batting against India and due to being a better bowler)
7) Iftikhar Ahmed
8) Shadab Khan
9) Naseem Shah
10) Haris Rauf
11) shaheen Shah afridi.

You need saud at no 4. He'll get you good 50's to 100's at that position.

Rizwan at no 4 is going to get eaten up by kuldeep, bumrah, Siraj etc.

In subcontinent overcast condition doesn't mean that Ball will Swing like England and overcast conditions can also favour spinners as there will be no dew
Lets get back to this thread when pak bowls 😁

Toss is going to be big factor considering rain threat.whoever won the toss ,will elect to field first

Shoaib Akhtar:

"Babar and his team are very mature. They have played high-pressure games against India before. They won't be in much pressure now. If Pakistan win the toss and bat first, they will literally hammer India. Vice-versa, if India win the toss, Pakistan could be in trouble because ball isn't really moving much under the lights"

"Both teams have a good chance. Bumrah, Shami, Siraj should be playing together. Kuldeep should play. There's a debate on Virat Kohli on whether he should bat at 3 or 4, and whether Ishan should bat at 5 or open the innings. But what I must say is that Pakistan is a formidable side. They have the ammunition with the ball, and their batting is settled. It isn't a volatile batting order anymore, like in the past. These are the two balanced sides when they play in the sub-continent,"

Babar Azam in his presser:

“We have been here since July - We have played Test matches, some league matches and then the ODIs. We are hoping that this will help us to do well against India.”

“We are not focusing on the past, but looking to do good in the upcoming matches,”

“We will try to give our best and carry forward the momentum [from the first win].”

“There is no extra pressure,”

“Yes, the India-Pakistan match is always one of high intensity, but we have experienced players and we just need to concentrate on our strengths and do well.”

India has more match winners in their batting line. Pakistan have batters who you hope will give a performance rather than expect one from them, the likes of fakhar. Salman, Iftikhar. Hope they click today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back