Who are your Top 5 Global Political Leaders of the 21st century

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
It is always going to be a subjective and highly personal list for every individual hence no point of arguing with each other but I encourage people to mention their reasoning behind their list and what qualities of the leaders picked by them were the most crucial and praiseworthy.

Here’s my Top 5 so far :-

1. Narendra Modi 🇮🇳
  • By far the greatest global leader of the 21st century. The chosen one in 1.4 billion. The most loved person on this planet. The one who revived Sanatan Dharma in Kalyug. 3-0 as a PM candidate in world’s biggest democracy. Immensely popular. A crowd favorite. A media favorite. Super high energy, dynamic and charismatic leader. Took charge of Bharat when the nation desperately needed strong leadership and now the country cannot imagine its future without him. His role in the Russian- Ukraine war earned him the title of the global ambassador of peace.
2. Vladimir Putin 🇷🇺
  • Ever since the dawn of the 21st century, many global leaders came and went yet one man stood his ground for decades and it’s none other than the premier of the great Russian empire Vladimir Putin. A silent assassin, Putin is a no nonsense leader. The molecules in the room realign when he enters, such is his aura. Russia was slowly becoming irrelevant when Putin just joined politics but he lead the most remarkable turnaround for his nation.
3. Benjamin Netanyahu 🇮🇱
  • The man who protected the Jewish homeland while surrounded by Islamists in all directions. Benjamin Netanyahu bolstered Israel’s security, economic modernization, and diplomatic achievements, most notably the Abraham Accords, which normalized relations with several Arab countries. He is credited with bolstering Israel's defense through the Iron Dome and opposing Iran's nuclear program. Domestically, he transformed Israel into a high-tech economy, though inequality remained an issue. His tenure also saw deep political divisions, fueled by nationalist policies and ongoing corruption charges, which made him a polarizing figure in Israeli politics. As Israel's longest-serving prime minister, Netanyahu’s impact on both domestic policy and the broader Middle East remains significant.
4. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum 🇦🇪
  • His transformative economic and social development, visionary leadership, and significant contributions to regional stability and diplomacy has cemented his legacy as the one of the role model leaders of all time. Under his leadership, the UAE has evolved into a global hub for business, tourism, and innovation, exemplified by the rapid development of Dubai into a major international city. Sheikh Mohammed has championed ambitious initiatives like the UAE Vision 2021, aiming for sustainable growth, enhanced education, and a diversified economy away from oil dependence. His focus on technology and innovation led to the establishment of initiatives such as the Dubai Smart City project and the Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre. Additionally, his role in promoting tolerance and cultural exchange, highlighted by hosting the Abraham Accords, reflects a commitment to fostering peace and cooperation in the region. However, his leadership has also faced criticism for human rights issues and restrictions on political freedoms, contributing to a complex legacy that balances modernization with traditional governance.
5. Mohamed Bin Salman 🇸🇦
  • Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), is truly THE leader of the future. His bold economic and social reforms under his Vision 2030 plan, aimed at diversifying the kingdom's oil-dependent economy and modernizing society. He has promoted a more moderate form of Islam, allowing greater freedoms for women, including the right to drive, and opening up the country to tourism and entertainment. MBS has also consolidated power, weakening rivals within the royal family. However, his legacy is also marred by human rights concerns, most notably the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, which sparked international condemnation. While he is reshaping Saudi Arabia’s future, his leadership remains controversial globally.

It is always going to be a subjective and highly personal list for every individual hence no point of arguing with each other but I encourage people to mention their reasoning behind their list and what qualities of the leaders picked by them were the most crucial and praiseworthy.

Here’s my Top 5 so far :-

1. Narendra Modi 🇮🇳
  • By far the greatest global leader of the 21st century. The chosen one in 1.4 billion. The most loved person on this planet. The one who revived Sanatan Dharma in Kalyug. 3-0 as a PM candidate in world’s biggest democracy. Immensely popular. A crowd favorite. A media favorite. Super high energy, dynamic and charismatic leader. Took charge of Bharat when the nation desperately needed strong leadership and now the country cannot imagine its future without him. His role in the Russian- Ukraine war earned him the title of the global ambassador of peace.
2. Vladimir Putin 🇷🇺
  • Ever since the dawn of the 21st century, many global leaders came and went yet one man stood his ground for decades and it’s none other than the premier of the great Russian empire Vladimir Putin. A silent assassin, Putin is a no nonsense leader. The molecules in the room realign when he enters, such is his aura. Russia was slowly becoming irrelevant when Putin just joined politics but he lead the most remarkable turnaround for his nation.
3. Benjamin Netanyahu 🇮🇱
  • The man who protected the Jewish homeland while surrounded by Islamists in all directions. Benjamin Netanyahu bolstered Israel’s security, economic modernization, and diplomatic achievements, most notably the Abraham Accords, which normalized relations with several Arab countries. He is credited with bolstering Israel's defense through the Iron Dome and opposing Iran's nuclear program. Domestically, he transformed Israel into a high-tech economy, though inequality remained an issue. His tenure also saw deep political divisions, fueled by nationalist policies and ongoing corruption charges, which made him a polarizing figure in Israeli politics. As Israel's longest-serving prime minister, Netanyahu’s impact on both domestic policy and the broader Middle East remains significant.
4. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum 🇦🇪
  • His transformative economic and social development, visionary leadership, and significant contributions to regional stability and diplomacy has cemented his legacy as the one of the role model leaders of all time. Under his leadership, the UAE has evolved into a global hub for business, tourism, and innovation, exemplified by the rapid development of Dubai into a major international city. Sheikh Mohammed has championed ambitious initiatives like the UAE Vision 2021, aiming for sustainable growth, enhanced education, and a diversified economy away from oil dependence. His focus on technology and innovation led to the establishment of initiatives such as the Dubai Smart City project and the Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre. Additionally, his role in promoting tolerance and cultural exchange, highlighted by hosting the Abraham Accords, reflects a commitment to fostering peace and cooperation in the region. However, his leadership has also faced criticism for human rights issues and restrictions on political freedoms, contributing to a complex legacy that balances modernization with traditional governance.
5. Mohamed Bin Salman 🇸🇦
  • Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), is truly THE leader of the future. His bold economic and social reforms under his Vision 2030 plan, aimed at diversifying the kingdom's oil-dependent economy and modernizing society. He has promoted a more moderate form of Islam, allowing greater freedoms for women, including the right to drive, and opening up the country to tourism and entertainment. MBS has also consolidated power, weakening rivals within the royal family. However, his legacy is also marred by human rights concerns, most notably the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, which sparked international condemnation. While he is reshaping Saudi Arabia’s future, his leadership remains controversial globally.
Bhaijan Wow, this reads like a fan fiction crossover between world leaders and a Marvel movie. I half expected them to team up and fight Thanos by the end lol. While your admiration is clear, I can’t help but feel like you’ve turned these complex figures into action heroes. “Silent assassin” Putin? “Chosen one” Modi (Joker) This list definitely has more dramatic flair than a Bollywood script, and trust me, that’s saying something. But hey, at least it was entertaining!

Putin the dictator and Prince Salman who kill their own domestic critics ? These are the people you like ?

Butcher of Gujrat takes the number one position. Not surprising as this is a top 5 global murderer’s list.

Bhaijan Wow, this reads like a fan fiction crossover between world leaders and a Marvel movie. I half expected them to team up and fight Thanos by the end lol. While your admiration is clear, I can’t help but feel like you’ve turned these complex figures into action heroes. “Silent assassin” Putin? “Chosen one” Modi (Joker) This list definitely has more dramatic flair than a Bollywood script, and trust me, that’s saying something. But hey, at least it was entertaining!

Thanks brother

Looking forward to see everyone’s Top 5 ranking

Modi butcher who was banned on terrorism chargers from even flying international flights for murdering 3000 innocent civilians and cheering on the second coming of Hitler like Netanyahu, crediting him for all Uncle Sam's doings and bheek given to them? Just another comical thread by this Sanghijaan poster

Modi butcher who was banned on terrorism chargers from even flying international flights for murdering 3000 innocent civilians and cheering on the second coming of Hitler like Netanyahu, crediting him for all Uncle Sam's doings and bheek given to them? Just another comical thread by this Sanghijaan poster

Why are you annoyed? IMF bail out will come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modi
Xi
Putin
Qatari leadership

I genuinely can't think of a 5th.

The reasons for the first three are obvious. This appears to be the time of European/Western Decline and these guys have positioned themselves as economic ( India) , military (Russia) giants of the future ( China ticks two boxes).

I agree with the OP that the progress in the Gulf needs recogjnsied but I'd put Qatar ahead of the other countries. Top class infrastructure, they defeated the others by outlasting their boycott and have done so without causing any wars in the region ( Saudi and UAE have caused havoc).

I can't think of a 5 leader. I don't agree with their politics but you need to recognize the achievements of the people and groups listed above.

Hard to believe that so many have you have included Putin.

He is possibly the biggest sc**wup in history as far as leaders go. He will single handedly sink Russia into oblivion.

But hey, he started a war right? A war in which he miscalculated so badly that there seems to be no victory for Russia even three years later?

Warmongering sc**wups are 'great leaders' according to some people. To each his own, what can I say?

Modi
Xi
Putin
Qatari leadership

The reasons for the first three are obvious. This appears to be the time of European/Western Decline and these guys have positioned themselves as economic ( India) , military (Russia) giants of the future ( China ticks two boxes).

I agree with the OP that the progress in the Gulf needs recogjnsied but I'd put Qatar ahead of the other countries. Top class infrastructure, they defeated the others by outlasting their boycott and have done so without causing any wars in the region ( Saudi and UAE have caused havoc).

I can't think of a 5 leader. I don't agree with their politics but you need to recognize the achievements of the people and groups listed above.

XI, Merkel were in contention for me but missed the Top 5. They’re definition my Top 10. Erdogan also

Modi
Xi
Putin
Qatari leadership

Qatari leadership is up there no doubt about it.

I happen to relate more to Emiratis and Saudis.

That aside, the gulf leadership must be acknowledged. They are true visionaries and I am super excited about the things that are yet to be done by them.

He is possibly the biggest sc**wup in history as far as leaders go. He will single handedly sink Russia into oblivion.

But hey, he started a war right? A war in which he miscalculated so badly that there seems to be no victory for Russia even three years later?

Warmongering sc**wups are 'great leaders' according to some people. To each his own, what can I say?

Russia is an extremely proud nation.
Narendra Modi
Donald Trump
Rishi Sunak
Vivek Ramaswami
Nigel Farage

Vivek isn’t a global leader yet.
He has potential.

Rishi Sunak was nice but his tenure has been way too short.

Nigel Farage is a nice pick actually

Equal opportunity trolling

Imran Khan
Rishi Sunak's wife

That's about it.

The former for ruffling enough feathers worldwide that he was thrown in jail by the Pakistani establishment in case he upset too many donors.

The latter for wearing the pants and holding the cash whip hand when Rishi was PM of Great Britain.

Imran Khan
Rishi Sunak's wife

That's about it.

The former for ruffling enough feathers worldwide that he was thrown in jail by the Pakistani establishment in case he upset too many donors.

The latter for wearing the pants and holding the cash whip hand when Rishi was PM of Great Britain.

Imran Khan was seen as a global leader by most. A regional leader much like Justin Treadue, Sheikh Haseena etc.

@DeadlyVenom
No trolling but i am immensely impressed by Netanyahu’s leadership of Israel at a very challenging time.

We have Russia, Ukraine, EU, US, Iran engaged in war right now and if there is one leader who’s emerged from this as a war time hero it is Netanyahu.

Of course the Muslim world will hate him. But if you keep aside the bias, his management of the situation, his tactical brilliance, the conviction in his speeches , his handling of the propaganda machinery etc have all been on point.

He will go down as one of the most impressive war time leaders of the modern era

@DeadlyVenom
No trolling but i am immensely impressed by Netanyahu’s leadership of Israel at a very challenging time.

We have Russia, Ukraine, EU, US, Iran engaged in war right now and if there is one leader who’s emerged from this as a war time hero it is Netanyahu.

Of course the Muslim world will hate him. But if you keep aside the bias, his management of the situation, his tactical brilliance, the conviction in his speeches , his handling of the propaganda machinery etc have all been on point.

He will go down as one of the most impressive war time leaders of the modern era
He is a child killer and monster. Hated by almost everyone including his own people who protest against his corruption daily.

Apart from killing babies he has achieved zero in the current war. His military actions have resulted in the release of 4 hostages.

He is a child killer and monster. Hated by almost everyone including his own people who protest against his corruption daily.

Apart from killing babies he has achieved zero in the current war. His military actions have resulted in the release of 4 hostages.
Only disgusting humans can label him as a 'hero'

I understand the pain but Israel is fighting a war for survival. Not a fan of such filters as they can disqualify literally every leader.

No I am not a twisted bigot, you can't call me that

We are not going into that.
By your logic, someone with different beliefs can call you a bigot immediately.

There’s no point getting into that.

If you don’t like someone’s list, ignore it. No one is forcing you to agree with them.

Why indulge in name calling ?

Why are you annoyed? IMF bail out will come.

Perhaps you need to bail your poverty hunger infested population? Try asking for IMF bail, or use Gates Foundation millions coming in as donation on food and hunger instead of them being spent on building toilets in India.

You are a typical bhakt tr@sh poster we see all over social media lol.

Back