Who is currently the world’s best keeper-batter in ODIs?

Rana

Hall of Famer
Runs
Big question now with the Asia cup providing us all with a reality check? What are the true Keeper/Batsmen ranking at the moment? My view is as follows:

1. Jos Butler
2. Quinton DeQock
3. KL Rahul
4. Heinrich Klaasen
5. Devon Conway
6. Ishan Kishan
7. Rehmanullah Gurbaz
8. Kusal Mendis
9. Mushfiqur Rahim
10. Mohammad Rizwan
11. Alex Carey
12. Liton Das

Honourable Mention: Nicholas Pooran (who will not feature in this World Cup but is ideally at number 6 before Kishan)

Thoughts?

Big question now with the Asia cup providing us all with a reality check? What are the true Keeper/Batsmen ranking at the moment? My view is as follows:

1. Jos Butler
2. Quinton DeQock
3. KL Rahul
4. Heinrich Klaasen
5. Devon Conway
6. Ishan Kishan
7. Rehmanullah Gurbaz
8. Kusal Mendis
9. Mushfiqur Rahim
10. Mohammad Rizwan
11. Alex Carey
12. Liton Das

Honourable Mention: Nicholas Pooran (who will not feature in this World Cup but is ideally at number 6 before Kishan)

Thoughts?
Bro

Your threads and thoughts are so easy to read.

Bro

Your threads and thoughts are so easy to read.
Do you disagree with them?

If you are implying it’s to discredit Rizwan, can you honestly say Rizwan is a better ODI keeper/Batsman than the 9 who I have mentioned above?

Do you disagree with them?

If you are implying it’s to discredit Rizwan, can you honestly say Rizwan is a better ODI keeper/Batsman than the 9 who I have mentioned above?

Bro why not create a thread

Rizwan doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 and be done with it?

Why this Natak?

1. Jos Butler
2. Quinton DeQock
3. KL Rahul
4. Heinrich Klaasen
5. Devon Conway
6. Ishan Kishan
7. Rehmanullah Gurbaz
8. Kusal Mendis
9. Mushfiqur Rahim
10. Mohammad Rizwan
11. Alex Carey
12. Liton Das

Thoughts?

I think that makes sense. Carey and Das are probably inferior to Rizwan. Although I'd rather watch them bat instead

Bro why not create a thread

Rizwan doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 and be done with it?

Why this Natak?
It’s my view. I have a strong cricket view

How can you force me to believe he is better than all of those names? I didn’t add Jonny Bairstow either.

How exactly is this a "big question"?

Maybe in your mind where your entire mental energy is focused around one not so extraordinary player (either way).

Move on bro. The world isn't divided into pro Rizwan and anti Rizwan allegiances.

How exactly is this a "big question"?

Maybe in your mind where your entire mental energy is focused around one not so extraordinary player (either way). Move on bro. The world isn't divided into pro Rizwan and anti Rizwan allegiance.
My days

What is your top 10…go on let’s hear it

Kishan, Pant and KL Rahul should all be in the top 10. Sanju Samson should also be right up there but he has to fight with serious competition.

I would take all four over Rizwan.

1. Jos Butler
2. Quinton DeQock
3. KL Rahul
4. Heinrich Klaasen
5. Devon Conway
6. Ishan Kishan
7. Rehmanullah Gurbaz
8. Kusal Mendis
9. Mushfiqur Rahim
10. Mohammad Rizwan
11. Alex Carey
12. Liton Das

Thoughts?
Nice list, here is mine

1) Jos Butler
2) Quinton Deqock
3) Devon Conway
3) Ishan Kishan( Terrible keeper but better bat then Rahul imo)
4) Heinrich Klaseen (Not a better bat then Rahul but more impactful and more of a match winner)
5) KL Rahul (Good middle order bat, but I don't think he's that great, my own opinion though, he's still a vital bat for india)
6) Liton Das
7) Muhammad Rizwan
8) Rehmanullah Gurbaz
9) Kusal Mendis
10) Alex Carrey

Atm Musfiqar rahim is at the bottom due to age, and just fizzing out now however in his prime, he's > Liton das and possibly Rahul.

Nice list, here is mine

1) Jos Butler
2) Quinton Deqock
3) Devon Conway
3) Ishan Kishan( Terrible keeper but better bat then Rahul imo)
4) Heinrich Klaseen (Not a better bat then Rahul but more impactful and more of a match winner)
5) KL Rahul (Good middle order bat, but I don't think he's that great, my own opinion though, he's still a vital bat for india)
6) Liton Das
7) Muhammad Rizwan
8) Rehmanullah Gurbaz
9) Kusal Mendis
10) Alex Carrey

Atm Musfiqar rahim is at the bottom due to age, and just fizzing out now however in his prime, he's > Liton das and possibly Rahul.
Oh are we going for all wicketkeepers not first choice?

Then hold on I'm changing my ranking.

Put Johnny bairstow at no 2, behind Butler.
Put glenn philips > Liton Das
Pant below philps bit > Liton das and sanju sampson one spot below Rizwan
I don't really care about the rest.

Kishan, Pant and KL Rahul should all be in the top 10. Sanju Samson should also be right up there but he has to fight with serious competition.

I would take all four over Rizwan.
Top 10 keeper batsmen to feature in the World Cup?

That's why I said I'd rather watch him bat. In terms of natural talent, much better than Rizwan and very easy on the eye. Lacks temperament and consistency, though.
Allow das to face farooqi of Afghanistan or the same 2nd string Bowling of NZ that rizwan faced, and see how badly he smokes them.

His temperament and consistency is superior to rizwan. I don't have rizwan and his performance last night I acknowledged but I still don't change my stance. He ain't the worst batsmen to represent pakistan or anything but he's a medicore player. He's okay, not good but not bad.

But rizwan runs between the wickets like a suicidal maniac and has literally played match losing innings and shots that do not make sense, and rizwan ain't consistent against any bowling side that isn't 2nd string.

Liton das is superior in temperament, consistency and batting. The guy averages 33 against mostly 1st string bowling and can increase his SR to 100. Rizwan would be averaging 20 to 29 if he faced 1st string bowling and his Sr wouldn't be anywhere close.

Alex Carey 99 off 77

He also was one of the best Keeper/Batsmen in the last World Cup

ICC rankings also said Pakistan is #1 & Babar is #1 batter 🤣🤣🤣
I’ll do the best no.3/4s of the World Cup later as well

IMO, Babar may not really be in the top 10 best middle order batsman going into this World Cup

Allow das to face farooqi of Afghanistan or the same 2nd string Bowling of NZ that rizwan faced, and see how badly he smokes them.

His temperament and consistency is superior to rizwan. I don't have rizwan and his performance last night I acknowledged but I still don't change my stance. He ain't the worst batsmen to represent pakistan or anything but he's a medicore player. He's okay, not good but not bad.

But rizwan runs between the wickets like a suicidal maniac and has literally played match losing innings and shots that do not make sense, and rizwan ain't consistent against any bowling side that isn't 2nd string.

Liton das is superior in temperament, consistency and batting. The guy averages 33 against mostly 1st string bowling and can increase his SR to 100. Rizwan would be averaging 20 to 29 if he faced 1st string bowling and his Sr wouldn't be anywhere close.
Those are just opinions. Actual numbers speak otherwise. Rizwan is miles ahead. He's played less ODIs, has a better average and strike rate and has taken more catches. I understand hating Rizwan is the flavour of the month but let's be logical.

As for your second string attacks in ODIs argument, just compare their List A stats instead. Rizwan is facing higher quality bowling in domestics than what Liton is in Bangladesh

Instead of honesty taking shots at me,

Use this as an opportunity to self reflect and be honest. We will slowly then start advancing as a cricket nation.

Those are just opinions. Actual numbers speak otherwise. Rizwan is miles ahead. He's played less ODIs, has a better average and strike rate and has taken more catches. I understand hating Rizwan is the flavour of the month but let's be logical.

As for your second string attacks in ODIs argument, just compare their List A stats instead. Rizwan is facing higher quality bowling in domestics than what Liton is in Bangladesh
Let’s see your list

I’ll do the best no.3/4s of the World Cup later as well

IMO, Babar may not really be in the top 10 best middle order batsman going into this World Cup
I doubt Babar will score even 1 hundred in this WC he might be a total flop like WC 2022

A lot of you are walking into this thread with a lot of prejudice against me…the list I have printed is based on total honesty

Can you honestly say that list is incorrect?

A lot of you are walking into this thread with a lot of prejudice against me…the list I have printed is based on total honesty

maybe make a thread or post that doesnt refer to rizwan maybe.

maybe make a thread or post that doesnt refer to rizwan maybe.
It isnt referring to Rizwan…it’s a current scenario

Who are the top 10 wicket keeper batters going into this World Cup? Go on, you can put Rizwan at the top. That’s your opinion

I do not hate Rizwan. I think he's a mediocre bat. I don't think he's a bad player but I don't think he's a good player either. He's okay. That's all.

I have seen rizwan play and rizwan either performs if the track is flat, like yesterday when it became flat after rain, even then he got out 2x and was lucky that mendis wasn't wicket keeping properly. His average and SR is inflated due to playing second string sides or playing on flat tracks.

Rizwan in aus last year was completly clueless and was a tailender because he had to face quality bowling on a pitch that wasn't flat track, he even struggled against nedtherlands and only performed against NZ cause that was the only flat track pitch in the whole tournament.

Liton das on the other hand was smoking India on those very same Australian pitches. Don't talk about averages or strike rates, they don't tell the full story, otherwise imam ul haq is superior to inzimam due to better Average and strike rate, Even though a proper analyst would tell you that both played in a different era, with inzi dealing with extremely more difficult bowlers and difficult conditions then imam has ever had to face.

Ya but you obviously made the thread to spark a war against rizwan.

Mainly cause you've built a reputation on having an insane unhealthy obsession with rizwan so much so that even harley quinn would be jealous that she hasn't built that same obsession with the Joker.

Rizwan is a medicore player, he ain't the best, nor is he the worst. He's an average player that's all, you make it seem as if he's the 2nd coming of lucifer morningstar.

It is a very hard to pick one but I will go with Jos Buttler.

The ODU definition of keeper batsman is basically batsman who is safe with gloves.

Buttler
Conway
Klaasen
Rahul
Rizwan
Qdk( massive failure in WC so no.6)

I would rate him above buttler because he has better shot selection as compared to him.

Remmeber Buttler didn't have a successful last IPL season.
Yes , on current form he has edge , no doubt , specially against spin he is extremely good. But Butler also is a match winner , opposition fears him , we all know how much damage he can do.

Glen Phillips anyone? He just bowled a very tidy 0-50 in 7 overs against Pakistan in the WC warmup match.

A wicket keeper out-bowled all of our bowlers.

Butler with his experience of winning matches, and his selfless nature makes him the number 1. He could easily bat at 1 or 4 but he's ready to come down at 5 (to let Stokes bat at 4) and win matches from there.

1. Buttler
2. Klassen
3.... daylight.........
4. Pooran
5. Philip's
6. Rizwan
7. Carey
Last-------- kl rahul

1. Jos Butler
2. Quinton DeQock
3. KL Rahul
4. Heinrich Klaasen
5. Devon Conway
6. Ishan Kishan
7. Rehmanullah Gurbaz
8. Kusal Mendis
9. Mushfiqur Rahim
10. Mohammad Rizwan
11. Alex Carey
12. Liton Das

Thoughts?
Do not get so carried away in your criticism of Rizwan that people stop taking you seriously

How is he below Kishan, Mendis, Gurbaz, Rahim? How many Afghanistan matches have you watched to rate Gurbaz? And how much have you seen of Mendis and Rahim? Apart from ICC events?

People can have different opinions but idk what to say to people who believe that the earth is flat.

without any doubt Mohammad Rizwan, he is improving day by day!
Yesterday,

DeQock and Mendis proved they are better.

The day before it was Butler and Conway

Today it was KL Rahul

What exactly are you on about?

1. Jos Butler
2. Quinton DeQock
3. KL Rahul
4. Heinrich Klaasen
5. Devon Conway
6. Ishan Kishan
7. Rehmanullah Gurbaz
8. Kusal Mendis
9. Mushfiqur Rahim
10. Mohammad Rizwan
11. Alex Carey
12. Liton Das

Josh Inglis will be number 6 or 7 very soon.

Maybe during this World Cup

1. Jos Butler
2. Quinton DeQock
3. KL Rahul
4. Heinrich Klaasen
5. Devon Conway
6. Ishan Kishan
7. Rehmanullah Gurbaz
8. Kusal Mendis
9. Mushfiqur Rahim
10. Mohammad Rizwan
11. Alex Carey
12. Liton Das

Josh Inglis will be number 6 or 7 very soon.

Maybe during this World Cup
Come on man.. how can u place gurbaz ahead of rizwan?

Gurbaz is just a Latha player, will see how many matches he will win for his team in this worldcup.
Rizwan has yet to win a game for Pakistan in odi though? He's won games in t20 only. In odi he hasn't played a single match winning knock besides the 100's against Australia which were ages ago.

Rizwan has yet to win a game for Pakistan in odi though? He's won games in t20 only. In odi he hasn't played a single match winning knock besides the 100's against Australia which were ages ago.
Pakistan lost both games he scored hundred’s in

Gurbaz is just a Latha player, will see how many matches he will win for his team in this worldcup.
Gurbaz is a warrior

He comes for War when he plays for his country. Not to score a 50 and then celebrate it as if he has reached 10k test runs milestone at Lords

They were against Australia B team pre World Cup 2019.
Ik they were against B team Australia, I just didn't know we lost both games he played in.

Anytime I see rizzu perform we lose lol. Only time he's performed in t20 and we've won I'd when babar on the other hand has scored a century and rizzu has played backup, otherwise even when he scored a 98, Mark chapman outperformed him.

It's because the no 4 slot that he plays in requires someone like saud or tayyab, a person who comes in and just carries along with the platform that has been set by the top order and then gradually Increase the rr after being set.

Rizzu doesn't do that, he'll slow down the run rate and after he's set will just bring it back up to what it was before he slowed it down lol. If fakhar, Imam, Babar trio sets a RR of 5, Someone like saud will begin at rr 5 and them increase it to RR 7 or 8.

Rizzu will slow it down to RR 2 and then increase it back to RR 5 if he's set 😂😂, and people wonder why pakistan loses everytime he performs lol.

I guess that makes Bas de Leede better than Rohit, Kishan and Iyer?

Simmer down.

How many of the players you have mentioned have played as Wicket Keeper batsmen?

And you say you know the game? Start by knowing your thread.

I didn't know Rohit was a wicket keeper!

🤣🤣🤣

Simmer down.

How many of the players you have mentioned have played as Wicket Keeper batsmen?

🤣🤣🤣
If you blindly support pakistan to death, why don't you blindly support players who if groomed can lead pakistan to success like saud shakeel, Tayyab tahir, Saim ayub, and rising upcoming talent. Why support rizwan? A person who if he performs will basically just lose you the game lol.

Besides babar, I don't see how anyone can blindly support imam, rizwan, Shadab, Nawaz, Agha, Waseem Jr and these bits and pieces losers lol.

Simmer down.

🤣🤣🤣
Scoring 0 in one game means they suck? Alex Carey plays for Australia on merit. Not like Rizwan who plays due to favours

Someone else hasn't been paying attention to this thread.

This thread is about the best Wicket Keeper Batsman.

Saud Shakeel, Tayyab Tahir, Saim Ayub do not apply to this thread.

🤣🤣🤣

Scoring 0 in one game means they suck? Alex Carey plays for Australia on merit. Not like Rizwan who plays due to favours

You are neither a critical fan nor a supporter of Pakistan. I have seen your comments in commentary threads, and you always root for the Pakistan opposition.

Rizwan has only had 1 WC game this far, and he did what he had to do, stabilise the innings and contribute to a win. But no, you even undermine his efforts in a win by claiming the opposition was weak blah blah.

Rizwan is here to stay and he will prove his doubters and haters wrong in this WC, though you carry on defending Carey's supreme 0(2) today.

Someone else hasn't been paying attention to this thread.

This thread is about the best Wicket Keeper Batsman.

Saud Shakeel, Tayyab Tahir, Saim Ayub do not apply to this thread.

🤣🤣🤣

People forget that rizzu was a failure when he use to bat down the order so much much so that he was dropped from the squad.

This drama bazi started when he was promoted and given a golden boy treatment. Its why players like ahmed shehzad get to score that occasional 100 lol.

Give someone like haris the same privileges that you gave rizzu and even he will surpass rizwan eventually.

One thing Haris has done that rizwan can and won't ever do, Play a match winning innings in an all important Bangladesh virtual quaterfinal in the t20 world cup as well as a clutch performance in the semi final lol 😂.

I'm talking about Muhammad haris

If Rizwan fails in this tournament then I am sure Mohammed Haris will replace him sooner or later. But given Mohammed Haris' 6 ODI and 9 T20 match experience and figures, he has a long way to go.

Also there's no point in citing Mohammed Haris' T20 performance. This thread is about ODI Wicket Keeper Batsman. If you want to go down the T20 route, then Rizwan's 79* vs India in the 2021 T20 WC trumps anything Mohammed Haris has ever done - thus far.

If Rizwan fails in this tournament then I am sure Mohammed Haris will replace him sooner or later. But given Mohammed Haris' 6 ODI and 9 T20 match experience and figures, he has a long way to go.

Also there's no point in citing Mohammed Haris' T20 performance. This thread is about ODI Wicket Keeper Batsman. If you want to go down the T20 route, then Rizwan's 79* vs India in the 2021 T20 WC trumps anything Mohammed Haris has ever done - thus far.

We'll I did state rizzu only functions when babar is functioning but regardless fair point. This is the first comment you've ever made that isn't trollish or brainless.

Still haris's performance in actual semi finals and quater finals shpuld be considered > Tournament openers.

However because it was against India your point stands.

Atleast you're not trolling for once lol.

Haha at this thread. Rana sahab why did you bother putting Rizwan ahead of Liton Das? Might as well put Rizwan on the 12th

Your personal flawed opinion about Rizwan keeps falling flat but I guess you are used to it. The more he performs, the more he furstates you so such joke threads and nonstop negative posts on him are understandable

We'll I did state rizzu only functions when babar is functioning but regardless fair point. This is the first comment you've ever made that isn't trollish or brainless.

Still haris's performance in actual semi finals and quater finals shpuld be considered > Tournament openers.

However because it was against India your point stands.

Atleast you're not trolling for once lol.

Mohammed Haris' should not be even considered as a Rizwan replacement given he does not even have 20 ODIs or 20 T20s under his belt.

Read post #4 of this thread, and read the OP, and who started this thread, and you will understand the intention of this thread. It is not to discuss the current best ODI Wicket Keeper batsman, it is to diss Mohammed Rizwan, albeit coverted.

The main reason Rizwan receives vitirol by alleged Pakistan 'fans' and 'supporters' is because he replaced Sarfraz.

All you ever complain about is trolling - when you don't like what you read - yet you don't realise that this is a troll thread and you are feeding right through it.

Good night.

Rizwan is definitely a little overrated around here but 10th? You can't put both QDK and Klaasen ahead of him since only one of them keeps.

I'd say possiby

Buttler
KL
Gurbaz
Mendis
QDK

are better.

Mohammed Haris' should not be even considered as a Rizwan replacement given he does not even have 20 ODIs or 20 T20s under his belt.

Read post #4 of this thread, and read the OP, and who started this thread, and you will understand the intention of this thread. It is not to discuss the current best ODI Wicket Keeper batsman, it is to diss Mohammed Rizwan, albeit coverted.

The main reason Rizwan receives vitirol by alleged Pakistan 'fans' and 'supporters' is because he replaced Sarfraz.

All you ever complain about is trolling - when you don't like what you read - yet you don't realise that this is a troll thread and you are feeding right through it.

Good night.

I'm not gonna write anything cause you're the type of guy to say Delete and ignore everything so you can troll lol.

I will ask you one thing, is sohaib akhtar a hater for saying rizzu innings gs in the asia cup final was a disgrace to the nation? And that rizzu is not a t20 opener?

Is misbah a hater for saying pakistan is a fraud team and only bear D string teams and will get a reality check this world cup?

Even Naz doesn't think pakistan is a good team, he thinks we're the type to lose to nedtherlands but luck our way through somehow.

The people who called shan masood a parchi and their voice led to shan being booted out of the team, are they also blind haters?

Rather be a hater then a loyalist Cultist. Why don't you go on twitter and say to akhtar that he's a hater? And that he's wrong amd he should blindly support mediocrity?

We have talented players who can become world beaters if their given a run like saim, Tayyab and saud, why weren't these guys groomed in the 4 years we had? Look how many people India groomed while we stuck with the same openers and same bowlers since 2019 😪.

But no no, You're the ultimate supporters, the haters who bring voice and actual change shpuld stop watching cricket and shut their mouths.

As akhtar says

" play the average player and expect Average results, groom the average lad and expect average performances, accept mediocrity as a fan and that mediocrity becomes our standard".

^^ Hope you see you're the problem.

KL is a makeshift keeper. So unfair to put him in that category. I say it is a tie between QDK and Buttler.

Haha at this thread. Rana sahab why did you bother putting Rizwan ahead of Liton Das? Might as well put Rizwan on the 12th

Your personal flawed opinion about Rizwan keeps falling flat but I guess you are used to it. The more he performs, the more he furstates you so such joke threads and nonstop negative posts on him are understandable

The problem isn't rizzu's batting. He's a consistent bat. Problem is the Pakistan way.

India in 4 years have developed Gill, Siraj, kishan, Sanju( He isn't playing but he'll come good), Jaiswal, kuldeep, rahul( From terrible opener to world class middle order bat), axar Patel etc etc.

NZ developed darly Mitchell, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, ravindra, matt Henry, Glenn Philips etc etc.

All because they play 2nd string sides and even though those 2nd string sides get thrashed, they eventually come good. RIZZU use to be a trash bat but he became consistent cause we played him alot at the top of the order.

In 4 years who did we groom? Literally nobody besides rizwan. It's because of Pakistan's classic way. Keep playing the same players even if it means carrying that classic imam, Fakhar and Babar top order for 5 + years and when someone gets put of form, Panic and introduce someone new last minute during crunch games

Sarfraz was introduced last minute to replace jamshed in 2015 in a cup, same way fakhar was introduced last minute to replace shehzad In CT and same way Abdullah shafiq who hasn't been groomed and didn't play at all these 4 years, got introduced to replace imam and play an important semi final against Sri Lanka in Asia cup last minute.

This is Pakistan's problem, we should have groomed the players we sent in the emerging acc Asia cup alongside saud and Abdullah added and groomed them for 4 years.

Rizwan's batting isn't the problem but imam and rizzu's Crybaby nature has blocked the development of youngsters alongside babar's captaincy making sure players don't get incorporated.

Our idiot captain didn't even include saud or Abdullah when he could have and now expects them to play crucial knocks in the world cup lol. Same way tayyab was just discarded without even a single game time.

Babar, rizzu and imam are 100% the problem, maybe not batting wise but politics wise yes. Mickey Arthur straight up said saud shakeel is playing the Pakistan way, is rizzu playing the Pakistan way? Is imam? Hell no.

I will take liton das over Rizwan any day in all formats of the game.
Younger, more dynamic and wins matches on his own when he gets going.
@Rana is totally right about it, Liton das is highly talented.

Back