Younis Khan vs Rahul Dravid in Tests

CricMaveRick

Debutant
Runs
Both grafters !!

Both come at No 3 for their teams..

Batsman whom both team depend on in crisis..

Last edited by a moderator:
You start something in which there is some debate.......... we all know that even the hardcore Pakistan fan would say that Dravid is better.

YK
Australia : 31.83
SA : 46.87
Eng : 45.46
SL : 51.59

Dravid
Aus : 41.08
SA : 33.83
Eng : 61.23
SL : 48.64

YK against top bowlers : 46.81
Dravid against top bowlers : 40.75

There you go. :p

This thread is a joke, younis khan is half the player dravid is.
It' s not because Azhar Ali plays slowly that you will create a Dravid vs Azhar alo thread!

well i dont want to nullify the stats above but i think dravid gets the nod from me

As far a younis khan, there is no doubt about his willful and never say die attitude that he is one of the top players the game have produced

Dravid is a lot better. What else is there to discuss? Better stats. More tons. 2nd/3rd highest run scorer in test cricket. Tons in England on a tour which the rest of his team failed. Played against the toughest bowlers in world cricket. A true legend of the game.

Obviously Dravid, Younis Khan is no where close to the class of Dravid.

I honestly believe there is nothing to choose between the two. Dravid has played a lot more and sustained it over longer period of time so he edges it.

If YK was playing behind an opener like Sehwag instead of the clowns we have had since 2003 surely it would have helped his cause. YK was often coming at 10/1.
YK has only played 48 tests in last 8 years whilst Dravid has played more then twice as many.

YK played grand total of 4 completed tests for a period of three years at his peak. It's a travesty.

He has not played against Aus since likes of McGrath and Warne have retired. He was our best batsman he last played in Aus.

Again he was our best batsman on our last tour to SA 6 years ago.

He was our best batsman alongside Yousaf on his last tour to Eng. Not a single Pakistani batsman including Inzi performed on that tour.

YK scores a test hundred every 3.8 tests, Dravid does it every 4.4 tests.

YK averages 47 v SA
Dravid 34

YK averages 32 v Aus
Dravid 38.6.

A comparison thread should be opened only if it is to strongly challenge the general consensus unless it is quite unfair to the relatively inferior bloke. In this case, everyone knows Dravid is far ahead. There are people out there who even rate him ahead of Tendulkar in tests. No mean achievement. YK is one of the best test batsmen in world cricket but is a little behind a few players, Dravid being one of them so the thread is quite unfair to him.

So unless OP should make a strong point regarding YK or the thread should be closed as it will only give YK haters a chance to bash him and Indian trolls to have a field day.

Some usual suspects making fun of this thread saying Dravid by a mike please put forward a reasoned argument or stay away.

SS bhai, i don't think any of our star batsmen should be given any credit for Dravid's success. He'd have done the same in Bangladesh side batting with poor batsmen. Sehwag and Gambhir haven't really been the finest of batsmen on tough tracks so he was more often than not exposed quite early on when the going was tough and when he started of we had the likes of Sadagopan Ramesh and Shiv Sunder Das openign for us.

A comparison thread should be opened only if it is to strongly challenge the general consensus unless it is quite unfair to the relatively inferior bloke. In this case, everyone knows Dravid is far ahead. There are people out there who even rate him ahead of Tendulkar in tests. No mean achievement. YK is one of the best test batsmen in world cricket but is a little behind a few players, Dravid being one of them so the thread is quite unfair to him.

So unless OP should make a strong point regarding YK or the thread should be closed as it will only give YK haters a chance to bash him and Indian trolls to have a field day.

Why is it unfair? Is it because Dravid has played more.

Dravid is a notch higher in class and quality. Younis has not delivered enough against top teams. Plus dravid was a better ODI player.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Why is it unfair? Is it because Dravid has played more.

Because Dravid is clearly better. That's the general consensus. Go to Australia, NZ, England, WI, Sri Lanka anywhere and YK'd lose to Dravid for that is a clear call. Dravid is a test legend. I am a big time YK fan and i won't like my Indian brothers to be pulling him down.

Another unfair comparison is Dravid-Tendulkar and when that happens i feel sad for Dravid as i obviously admire him too but comparison to Tendulkar only shows him in poor light.

Just my overall opinion on comparison threads. If its not fair the other player is torn apart.

Last edited:
Younis is better.

Had politics not interfered, he would have been as good as Yousuf and Inzi, both far better players than Dravid.

Dravid is a great in his right though.

Because Dravid is clearly better. That's the general consensus. Go to Australia, NZ, England, WI, Sri Lanka anywhere and YK'd lose to Dravid for that is a clear call. Dravid is a test legend. I am a big time YK fan and i won't like my Indian brothers to be pulling him down.

Another unfair comparison is Dravid-Tendulkar and when that happens i feel sad for Dravid as i obviously admire him too but comparison to Tendulkar only shows him poor light.

Just my overall opinion on comparison threads. If its not fair the other player is torn apart.

There is nothing unfair in Dravid-Tendulkar comparison if we take test matches alone. Tendulkar, as a whole package is of course, superior to Dravid.

Both a great players that is certain. Dravid is better though and his batting on difficult surfaces has stuck in my memory.

I remember when India toured here 10 years ago and we ambushed them with some vicious green tops with Shane Bond bowling at his peak and one of the better NZ lineups of the last 20 years. Batsman from both teams struggled to get scores and the Indian batting line up in particular looked all at sea against the movement off the pitch. However amongst the chaos Dravid's class shone through and we seen that again recently in the tour of England.

Another unfair comparison is Dravid-Tendulkar and when that happens i feel sad for Dravid as i obviously admire him too but comparison to Tendulkar only shows him poor light.

No it's not unfair. The only thing that pulls Dravid apart is more tests over longer period of time. Dravid averages 38 in Aus, 29 in SA hardly legendary stuff is it?
He even struggled in SL and and SA at home. YK does not look out of place at all. There is a reason he has been ranked in top 5/6 most of last eight years. Averages 61.37 since jan 2004 with a hundred every three tests.

It's not that unfair actually. On first glance, stats would make it seem like they're both roughly equal.

Averages
Younis: 52.4
Dravid: 52.3

Younis Khan has 20 100s in 76 matches, which rougly equates to a century in every 3.8 matches.

Dravid has 36 centuries in 164 matches which is a century in every 4.5 matches.

vs England

YK: 43
Dravid: 41

Equal for sake of discussion

vs Australia

YK: 31
Dravid: 38

Winner: Dravid

vs Saffers

YK: 47
Dravid: 35

Winner: YK

vs Sri Lanka

YK: 52
Dravid: 48

Winner: YK slightly

vs New Zealand

YK: 60
Dravid: 45

Using these stats, one would think Younis Khan is statistically superior to Dravid, except against Australia where Dravid has pulled his weight; whereas YK takes the cake in Africa, SL and New Zealand

Having said that, Dravid has played twice the number of matches that YK has, so obviously stats would not tell the whole story, but looking at whatever numbers we have, we have to accept that YK wins this one, or if going for the benefit of doubt, we can change the verdict to:

Verdict: Younis Khan is statistically equal to, or marginally superior to Rahul Dravid

And to be honest, I wasnt expecting this; I was expecting Dravid to win this one by a landslide when I started stat-hunting. Stats are a funny thing :dav

Last edited:
This thread is a joke, younis khan is half the player dravid is.
It' s not because Azhar Ali plays slowly that you will create a Dravid vs Azhar alo thread!

Only thing joke here is this post. You come out with this nonsense all the time without back it up with a proper argument. Not a surprise though because expecting a post of reason from an Afridi fan would be foolish.

It's not that unfair actually. On first glance, stats would make it seem like they're both roughly equal.

Averages
Younis: 52.4
Dravid: 52.3

Younis Khan has 20 100s in 76 matches, which rougly equates to a century in every 3.8 matches.

Dravid has 36 centuries in 164 matches which is a century in every 4.5 matches.

vs England

Equal for sake of discussion

vs Australia

YK: 31
Dravid: 38

Winner: Dravid

vs Saffers

YK: 47
Dravid: 35

Winner: YK

vs Sri Lanka

Dravid: 48

Winner: YK slightly

vs New Zealand

YK: 60
Dravid: 45

Using these stats, one would think Younis Khan is statistically superior to Dravid, except against Australia where Dravid has pulled his weight; whereas YK takes the cake in Africa, SL and New Zealand

Having said that, Dravid has played twice the number of matches that YK has, so obviously stats would not tell the whole story, but looking at whatever numbers we have, we have to accept that YK wins this one, or if going for the benefit of doubt, we can change the verdict to:

Verdict: Younis Khan is statistically equal to, or marginally superior to Rahul Dravid

And to be honest, I wasnt expecting this; I was expecting Dravid to win this one by a landslide when I started stat-hunting. Stats are a funny thing :dav

That's a great post LC. It clearly shows that this is 19/20 contest. Not unfair or a joke comparison as some people make us believe.

Now just flip those averages to include just away averages, and watch Dravid come out clearly on top (except in SA).

Verdict: Younis Khan after 76 tests is statistically equal to, or marginally superior to Rahul Dravid at 164 tests.

The stats are very similar (in fact YK is ahead in many of them) however I feel Dravid really shows up when it matters - for example, 'that' Calcutta innings, the Adelaide double hundred, Headingly 2001/2002, a majestic 80 odd against WIs on a dog of a pitch in Kingston 2006 and his 100 at the same venue in 2011, the series winning double hundred in 'pindi, his maiden century against Pollock and Donald on their on patch in 1997, and of course how he stood up when everyone else failed in England last summer.

But of course I may be biased as I've not seen YK bat as much as I have Dravid.

It does warrant discussion in terms of pure numbers (Other intangables lend my favour towards Dravid ie importance of innings or matching saving qualities)

They are virtually equal when playing in sub-continent/asia. Even a slight edge to Younis.

Outside of sub-continent/asia Dravid is superior.

Another interesting thought is what would their numbers look like if they had played for the opposite team?

So Younis facing Pakistan bowling attack for 9 tests of his career and Dravid facing Indian bowling attack for 15 tests of his career.

We know which bowling attack has been stronger through their playing careers respectively.

Now just flip those averages to include just away averages, and watch Dravid come out clearly on top (except in SA).

You're wrong.

In Australia

In Saffrica

YK: 33
Dravid: 29

In England

Dravid: 70

In Sri Lanka

YK: 40
Dravid: 33

In New Zealand

YK: 65
Dravid: 63

Looking at away matches only, YK is still superior in 3 out of 4 countries. Whereas Dravid outclasses YK in England, YK makes up for it in Lanka, and marginally better performances in the other countries.

Verdict still remains my friend; it's either a tie or if we clutch at the marginal differences, then YK will be coming out on top, whether looking world-wide OR just away countries.

This just goes to show how criminally under-rated YK is as a test player, before this thread, nobody would have guessed that YK is in the same class as Dravid, but now we can conclude that they are atleast at the same level, if not with YK having the edge.

Last edited:
I remember when India toured here 10 years ago and we ambushed them with some vicious green tops with Shane Bond bowling at his peak and one of the better NZ lineups of the last 20 years. Batsman from both teams struggled to get scores and the Indian batting line up in particular looked all at sea against the movement off the pitch. However amongst the chaos Dravid's class shone through and we seen that again recently in the tour of England.

Total trainwreck of a series, that. Our great Indian batting line-up folded without a fight in both tests.

To be fair, I don't think they could make out the pitch from the grass around.

This just goes to show how criminally under-rated YK is as a test player, before this thread, nobody would have guessed that YK is in the same class as Dravid, but now we can conclude that they are atleast at the same level, if not with YK having the edge.

Then why the widespread consensus that Dravid > Younis?

Its not an unfair comparison! And thats my honest opinion but I cant make up my mind as to who is better than the other!

I notice here not many people are mentioning West Indies.

Have we forgotten both Dravid and Younis had the pleasure of playing the legends Walsh and Ambrose.

Younis met them near the start of his career and the end of theirs. He was dominated by both in that series, barely scored a run.

Dravid also met them near the start of his career and was highly successful.

Last edited:
Records for 76 tests being compared to records for 162 tests. :facepalm:

Longevity is not an unfair advantage, rather its the greatest attribute of a great player. 100 more tests, 7,000 more runs, 20 more hundreds. How much it takes for one to achieve just that much, let alone having 'that many more'

Last edited:
dravid for me only indian batsman to score more than a 1000 runs in wins for india outside the sc. true matchwinner

Records for 76 tests being compared to records for 162 tests. :facepalm:

Longevity is not an unfair advantage, rather its the greatest attribute of a great player.

Mate, before this thread started we werent even willing to compare the two. Now we have atleast established the fact that they are atleast at the same caliber.

Mate, before this thread started we werent even willing to compare the two. Now we have atleast established the fact that they are atleast at the same caliber.

Far from it.
Let Younis complete 10K in at least one format.

Don't make me go against my main boy :yk

Younis Khan is one hell of classy test match batsman and we also depend on him

But Rahul Dravid is in a class of his own. One of the real greats (and gentleman) of the game.

In past 20 years after Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting I'd say Dravid is next. Same class of a Kallis imo.

Younis Khan is world class but is still a fair gap a way which is no slight against him. Even Inzi wouldn't be in that top tier I've mentioned above. I'd probably compare Younis Khan to a VVS Laxman level, Laxman has had more Wow performances over the years but Younis has the consistency.

Last edited:
Younis Khan is one hell of classy test match batsman and we also depend on him

But Rahul Dravid is in a class of his own. One of the real greats (and gentleman) of the game.

In past 20 years after Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting I'd say Dravid is next. Same class of a Kallis imo.

Younis Khan is world class but is still a fair gap a way which is no slight against him. Even Inzi wouldn't be in that top tier I've mentioned above. I'd probably compare Younis Khan to a VVS Laxman level, Laxman has had more Wow performances over the years but Younis has the consistency.

Gap? Please explain how.

Dravid is a legend.

younis is still not a legend yet but an excellent batsman. about 2-3 notches below dravid's level.

he will retire an excellent test batsman though.

i like both because they seem genuinely nice human beings as well. not haughty, dismissive, primadonnas.

Dravid is a legend.

younis is still not a legend yet but an excellent batsman. about 2-3 notches below dravid's level.

he will retire an excellent test batsman though.

i like both because they seem genuinely nice human beings as well. not haughty, dismissive, primadonnas.

:facepalm:

Everyone keeps saying this but 2-3 notches below?

Sounds official, but please explain how YK is 2-3 notches below Dravid, asides from the obvious longetivity issue.

can anyone tell me when was the last time YK playwd a test series outside asia?what his test record then and since?

longevity is a factor.

plus, dravid almost singlehandedly won india test matches in aus and wi. then there is the kolkata test in 2001.

as a batsmen they are perhaps almost equal.

But as players(even only in tests), there is a slight but definite difference according to me. your opinion may differ of course.

Tbh with the statistics provided it does seem like a fair comparison but Dravid edges it because of his longevity factor.

Id have to back my man younis khan, his stats are superb Not his fault he hasnt played as much as dravid

Dravid of course. Not a fan of comparing retired players with active ones though.

I don't know where YK will end up but his stats are fantastic so far. My favorite player in this side no doubt.

When you present statistics, you give you source if you want to be taken seriously.

Those stats could be easily manipulated.

Younis did not play as much as Inzi and Yousuf did because he was backed to take over the captaincy from Inzi.

He was also banned for a whole year because of infighting.

This is what I base my reasoning on.

Inzamam

vs Aus = 31.40
in Aus = 30.87

vs SA = 32.27
in SA = 31.78

Link: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/40570.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting

Yousuf

vs Aus = 29.61
in Aus = 31.88

vs SA = 29.75
in SA = 26.10

Link: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/43650.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting

Both far better than Dravid? :))
Both were flat track bullies.

Dravid wins because he's done it over a longer period, and also was good in the 90s when the bowling was tougher.

Younis is not far off and is a worthy comparison with Dravid. He is in that group below the modern greats like Tendulkar, Lara, Dravid, Kallis, Ponting and Sangakkara.

People confuse stats with greatness. Stats suggest Smith or Trott are equally good if not better than Dravid.

Dravid has played knocks under tremendous pressure and situations.

180 vs Aus in Kolkata
Double century in Aus to get us our first win in 2 decades.
Helped India win first series in WI with 2 fifties in the only test that yielded result.
Last Eng series was just another occasion when Dravid stepped up while rest others failed to score even a single ton. These are just few of the instances.

And lol at someone saying Dravid had the luxury of good openers, for most of his career he was in at mostly first 10 overs. Sehwag and Gambhir have been successful only in recent past.

All the stats presented so far (only by Pak supporters...what a surprise I might add)...clearly show that YK kicked Wall butt but now all of a sudden same stats that Indians eat and breathe are suddenly useless because Dravid is looking bad all of sudden!

Oh now all of a sudden longevity is the superior skill now...we all saw how the same longevity grounded Kapil Pa Jee's stats in to the ground!

Inzamam

vs Aus = 31.40
in Aus = 30.87

vs SA = 32.27
in SA = 31.78

Link: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/40570.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting

Yousuf

vs Aus = 29.61
in Aus = 31.88

vs SA = 29.75
in SA = 26.10

Link: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/43650.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting

Both far better than Dravid? :))
Both were flat track bullies.

Wonder why you didn't present averages in England and New Zealand.

Actually, please don't. This thread is not about them.

At OP, looks like 'fun' cricket is better than 'serious cricket.

Younis Khan doesn't qualify for comparison with Dravid as he hasn't even played enough number of tests.

Try to compute this, Dravid has played more away tests than YK's whole test career. Dravid has literally played against 3-4 different generation of bowlers! I mean to say he has visited countries more than 3-4 times in his career. Dravid has scored more away 100's than overall YK's 100. And of course, Dravid has more away runs than YK's entire career and so on!

So, comparison is unfair to YK. Both can't be compared.

Younis Khan doesn't qualify for comparison with Dravid as he hasn't even played enough number of tests.

Try to compute this, Dravid has played more away tests than YK's whole test career. Dravid has literally played against 3-4 different generation of bowlers! I mean to say he has visited countries more than 3-4 times in his career. Dravid has scored more away 100's than overall YK's 100. And of course, Dravid has more away runs than YK's entire career and so on!

So, comparison is unfair to YK. Both can't be compared.

That's a good point. Dravid was lucky enough to play against the best team more often home and away. YK played Aus one series in Colombo-UAE when he was a novice leading a batting line up that had Anwar Inzi and Yousaf missing. He toured Aus once with Warne McGrath in full flow and was best on his team out shining Inzi and Yousaf. He never got to play them at home.

He played enough against likes of Styen Pollock and Ntini and his record speaks for itself. Again in Eng he along with Yousaf was the only batsman who stood up to that classy Eng attack in 2006. Inzi among others failed miserably on that tour.

He handled Murali and Kumble masterfully and scored for fun against them. Honestly here was a guy who should have played 100+ tests by now with 10000 runs to his name and would have been remembered a true great but for circumstances not in his control.

To think that he played grand total of 4 tests between jan 2008 and November 2010 when he was at his peak.

These comparisons are useless. There is a consensus among the people who know something about cricket that Dravid > Younus.
Sehwag has scored at Lara's average with a strike rate of 80 + in Tests..and he opens the innings ! The gulf in the SR itself is so big that it makes up for Sehwag's FTBness... I could argue he is a better match-winner than Lara.. But no matter what I do, whatever stats I come up with, Lara will always be '>' than Sehwag.

Same goes here... Dravid is in a different league. Waste of thread in my honest opinion.

Interesting stuff. I'm interested where you guys would rate younis in comparison to inzy?

dravid obviously has done it over a longer period of time so him

but i love younus khan

both of these men are humble and men of great class. i feel sorry for younus khan because he has had to try save pak from a terrible opening pair time and time again. his career has been dented by many people, ranging from his seniors back in the day to the PCB

he is still pakistans best test player currently and nobody is taking that away from him anytime soon. but he was banned during his peak for no apparent reason and this has prevented us from seeing many of his good innings.

if he had played for another team he would probably have far better stats than what he does now. pak does not nurture or treat its great talents with the respect that they deserve

but Dravid is better. simply put, sustained career, more innings

With similar stats the player with longer career is better. This is where Dravid has big lead over YK. Both have done great service for their country.

That's a good point. Dravid was lucky enough to play against the best team more often home and away. YK played Aus one series in Colombo-UAE when he was a novice leading a batting line up that had Anwar Inzi and Yousaf missing. He toured Aus once with Warne McGrath in full flow and was best on his team out shining Inzi and Yousaf. He never got to play them at home.

He played enough against likes of Styen Pollock and Ntini and his record speaks for itself. Again in Eng he along with Yousaf was the only batsman who stood up to that classy Eng attack in 2006. Inzi among others failed miserably on that tour.

He handled Murali and Kumble masterfully and scored for fun against them. Honestly here was a guy who should have played 100+ tests by now with 10000 runs to his name and would have been remembered a true great but for circumstances not in his control.

To think that he played grand total of 4 tests between jan 2008 and November 2010 when he was at his peak.

I rate YK really highly in skills and temperament. He rarely throw away his wicket and show his stump. That's why he has lots of LBWs. That's the reason why his numbers look very good in test. And that's the reason why he has few double hundreds.

It is just unfortunate and unfair for him that he couldn't get much tests. However, cricket is sort of game that you have to prove yourself every game, every ball! Few number of games does change stats! Imagine the workload of a player who has played 150+ tests in 15 odd years and double the ODIS during that time. Fitness .. form ... different conditions ... different bowlers each tour! All counts! So when one compare a person with more than double of tests ... it just seems unfair!

It's unfair for YK but that's the way it is.

These comparisons are useless. There is a consensus among the people who know something about cricket that Dravid > Younus.
Sehwag has scored at Lara's average with a strike rate of 80 + in Tests..and he opens the innings ! The gulf in the SR itself is so big that it makes up for Sehwag's FTBness... I could argue he is a better match-winner than Lara.. But no matter what I do, whatever stats I come up with, Lara will always be '>' than Sehwag.

Same goes here... Dravid is in a different league. Waste of thread in my honest opinion.

Depends on where the matches are played. Sehwag is unbeatable in Asia, Lara miles ahead overall.

Dravid is the considerably better player. We haven't seen many better batsmen than Rahul Dravid. This borders on a no contest.

Dravid is the considerably better player. We haven't seen many better batsmen than Rahul Dravid. This borders on a no contest.

You didnt even bother looking at the stats in the previous page did you.

My word.

LC, In post #28, I gave the stats for Dravid after 76 tests.

Can you please compare Dravid vs YK after exactly the same number of tests please. Thanks :)

people seem to have missed this post.YK hasnt played in AUS SA ENG in 5 years.Infact he has less than 10 innings outside asia in last 5 years.

Compare that to Dravid who played his last 12-14 months playing in 4 different continents.

YKs sample size is too less comapred to Dravid infact Dravid has played more than twice the no. of matches.India or Pakistanis aside even neutrals are pretty sure who is the better batsman.

People may compare the stats of both after same no. of tests.post 28 may help.

Last edited:
You didnt even bother looking at the stats in the previous page did you.

My word.

Well, I could bow to the flimsy proposal that Younis Khan is a better player than one of the all time great batsmen because of a selective statistical analysis. Or I could just watch the game for many years and make up my own mind.

LC, In post #28, I gave the stats for Dravid after 76 tests.

Can you please compare Dravid vs YK after exactly the same number of tests please. Thanks :)

Sure , but what is the significance of this particular stat if you dont mind me asking :)

Well, I could bow to the flimsy proposal that Younis Khan is a better player than one of the all time great batsmen because of a selective statistical analysis. Or I could just watch the game for many years and make up my own mind.

Memories are relative, numbers are factual.

By the same train of thought, I have been watching the game for 15+ years and I would love to say that MoYo is the greatest batman I've had the pleasure of viewing, but I know better; inspite of MoYo's +50 average, he has failed in South Africa, India and Australia; and as such, MoYo falls a class short of Dravid inspite of what my memories tell me.

On the other hand, Younis Khan is the best test batsman Pakistan has ever produced, better than MoYo and Inzi, a fact that not many will ever realize due to MoYo's inflated stats in the subcontinent.

You say, selective analysis? There is nothing selective here. The only thing selective here is your limited train of thought and your failure to come out of your comfort zone and to accept that your hypothetical memories will not always correlate with the actual facts at hand.

Younis Khan has performed all around the world, on the same scale as Viv Richards and Dravid.

Inzi hasnt, MoYo hasnt; Younis Khan has. Deal with it.

Last edited:
All credibility lost by thinking that Younis is better than Miandad and Inzy and also the condescending tone. You are clearly just very biased in favour of Younis.

Sure , but what is the significance of this particular stat if you dont mind me asking :)

You would compare two players at a similar stage of their career :)

YK is right now perhaps at the peak of his career, like all batsmen his numbers will go down as age catches up. When Dravid had played 76 tests (in 2004), he too was pretty much at his peak like YK is at right now.

All credibility lost by thinking that Younis is better than Miandad and Inzy and also the condescending tone. You are clearly just very biased in favour of Younis.

Whatever, I am not going to run around fetching stats for you when all you're going to do is throw opinions in the air without even the slightest effort at backing a single one of your claim.

Atleast the Indian Dravid fans make the effort of having a logical discussion using facts and figures.

You would compare two players at a similar stage of their career :)

YK is right now perhaps at the peak of his career, like all batsmen his numbers will go down as age catches up. When Dravid had played 76 tests (in 2004), he too was pretty much at his peak like YK is at right now.

Younis Khan's only played 76 tests I'm afraid, he missed 2 of his peak years from 2008-2010 due to Ijaz Butt's reign.

This is perhaps the biggest advantage Dravid has over Younis Khan; Dravid has maintained his numbers inspite of playing twice the number of matches YK has, whereas YK missed his peak years due to the buffoon Ijaz Butt.

I pity you for viewing cricket through dullard statistics instead of feeling the elemental power, never-say-die attitude and competitive spirit to the game, of which the latter three apply to Miandad, Inzy and Dravid more than they do Younis.

Claiming that Younis is Pakistan's best ever test batsman is quite the joke, but can be discussed in another thread.

I pity you for viewing cricket through dullard statistics instead of feeling the elemental power, never-say-die attitude and competitive spirit to the game, of which the latter three apply to Miandad, Inzy and Dravid more than they do Younis.

Claiming that Younis is Pakistan's best ever test batsman is quite the joke, but can be discussed in another thread.

I enjoy watching MoYo's class and Inzi's lazy elegance as more than anyone. Inzi is my favorite Pakistani ODI player of all time, but I cant disregard his mediocre 30 average in Australia and South Africa either.

In debates like this one, one has to disregard personal feelings and look at the facts at hand.

Anyway, I'm out. Take care everyone.

Back