Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 76% and above

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In the current situation in Pakistan, do you think that the public will come out of their homes to vote for a particular party?

I don't think so. IMO the voter turn-out will not exceed 40%. What are your views about this? Please vote and add your comments as well.

Expecting a decent turn out in favor of PTI but no avail as results have already been forged by the establishment.

Mark my words - If there is a big voter turnout something unprecedented will happen on 8th Feb. This is uncharted waters so we have no idea what will happen when people come out on 8th Feb.

PTI will have to go all guns blazing this weekend to spark the people and rejuvenate people to come out on elections. Last Sunday on one call a lot of people came out on street, need something similar to show street power this weekend and run up to elections.

In the current situation in Pakistan, do you think that the public will come out of their homes to vote for a particular party?

I don't think so. IMO the voter turn-out will not exceed 40%. What are your views about this? Please vote and add your comments as well.
There will be exceptional turnout because the % number will be whatever numeric digit the establishment will pick out of thin air. This entire 'democratic' process is about as transparent as the tinted windows on an Arab sheikh's G wagen!

By the way intelligence officials will be posted at polling booths, because apparently that's what intelligence departments globally do, 'manage' the election process.

Based on my observation in general elections 2018 many people voted. Now, with Imran Khan in jail, it's expected that his supporters will come out in large numbers, making it a historic election.

Wonder if PTI supporters will register their protest by coming out in large numbers in this election?

Wonder if PTI supporters will register their protest by coming out in large numbers in this election?

They must, its their only option now.

Everybody knows PTI has the largest support, they would win a majority in any free and fair elections. The more numbers turn out the harder it will be to fix. If the outcome is due to obvious rigging, the world will see this and the people will lose all faith in their nation.

many people dont even know how voting works in Pakistan..... this is not ur US or UK where you wake up in morning find ur vote at the local school and go and cast ur vote.

This is Pakistan. The MNA that will be winning from one place will have made sure before hand that his villiage people living in some other area have their votes registered in a particular area where that MNA is standing, than have busses arranged for those people to show up an vote and than drop them back home. Something that all parties do, especially in constiuents where the difference is 500-700 votes

many people dont even know how voting works in Pakistan..... this is not ur US or UK where you wake up in morning find ur vote at the local school and go and cast ur vote.

This is Pakistan. The MNA that will be winning from one place will have made sure before hand that his villiage people living in some other area have their votes registered in a particular area where that MNA is standing, than have busses arranged for those people to show up an vote and than drop them back home. Something that all parties do, especially in constiuents where the difference is 500-700 votes

Can you cut out the 'you don't know how it works etc'?

Will not be tolerated.

If you have a view, state it. We don't need a lecture.

Yes we know.

Last edited by a moderator:
A party that failed to have its own intra party elections now hopes to win a majority.....
And its fans are still talking about PTI majority.

May i remind that there is no PTI in this election? Its just a bunch of independents vs PMLN and rest of the parties

If people want some change in this country, they have to come out in numbers and do it with their votes. More turn out means less chance for powerful guys to rig it.

Voter Turnout, Exit Polls, Incumbency Ratings - I'm sure these numbers are already decided.

Spoiler alert: Hung parliament, Nawaz Sharif to become PM.

A party that failed to have its own intra party elections now hopes to win a majority.....
And its fans are still talking about PTI majority.

May i remind that there is no PTI in this election? Its just a bunch of independents vs PMLN and rest of the parties
Give us a link to the Noora and PPP intra party elections, was Billo elected unchalleneged but Isa made that clear that wasnt halal. Noora elections? Any idea.

Banana republic with some drunk general deciding the imaginary numbers

I find this @Major guy really annoying. He always talks nonsense but I must say he tries really hard to get attention.

Voting day — February 8 — is getting closer, and whether it’s your first time voting or you’re a seasoned voter, you will definitely see these five types of voters at your polling session

1. The over-prepared one

This person was READY for voting day before the Election Commission of Pakistan was ready. They have all the required official, original documents on hand — and yes, they will be reminding you repeatedly in the line that you should only have original documents. Try to ignore the slightly holier-than-thou tone, they’re just excited for the big day.

Their over-preparedness will make you feel under-prepped and have you checking your pockets twice to make sure you have identification (original, of course) and are at the right polling station.

These people know all about the candidates standing from their constituencies and have researched not just them but those in the neighbouring constituencies too. They will most certainly be showing off their knowledge in the lines, but maybe others should listen when they are talking and can make a more informed decision.

2. The one who wants to show off their inked thumb

This person — probably a first-time voter — is only there to get the little ink notch on their thumb so that they can show off that they voted. Their Instagram story with five different hashtags will be uploaded before you have even woken up that day. The story is, of course, separate from the elaborate Instagram post detailing their entire experience and concluding with another picture of their thumb, maybe with their friends and families’ thumb pictures as well.

This person sometimes overlaps with another category, which is…

3. The freebie collector

The freebie collector is just that — voting to show their mark and collect all possible free goodies and discounts various outlets offer.

This person may not be the most informed voter, but they’ll definitely turn up and vote. As soon as they exit the polling station they zoom over to the nearest place offering free goodies, thumb at the ready.

4. The cynic

The cynic is skeptical of everything and anything. Go ahead and ask them anything. Are the elections free and fair at all? Are any candidates trustworthy? Does one party have a higher chance of winning over the other? They have doubts about EVERYTHING.

The cynic is recognisable by the permanent frown gracing their face. This is the person who will stand next to you in line and spew multiple conspiracy theories about why “the system is broken”. Which system, you ask? All of them.

But even with all their doubts, they’ll still turn up to vote — and we’re proud of them!

5. The underprepared

This person is on the opposite end of the spectrum from those who are over-prepared, that is, they simply don’t know anything about what is going on and what they should be doing on election day.

They most definitely pulled up to the polling station with a copy of their CNIC instead of the original and will be making at least one trip back home because of how many things they forgot to bring with them.

Someone in line will probably have to remind them to text their CNIC number to 8300 so they can find out their silsila number two minutes before they enter the station. Will they remember to submit their phone after entering? Probably not.

Be ready for a lot of questions if you stand next to them in line — but hey, at least they’re voting! They can be identified by the perpetual confused look on their faces and the frantic searching of their pockets and bags.

Regardless of which category you fall under, or if you have a special sixth category, we urge all our readers to make their voices heard and cast their votes this election day. And hey, you might just get a free coffee out of it!

Source: Dawn News

I feel bad for overseas not having power to vote.......

not

Surely it will be a record low because most of the votes have been thrown far away from the actual constituency so i don't think anyone will bother to go that far just to vote for someone when they already know their votes won't matter this time.

so tomr i will have more power.

My vote decides whether Imran stays in jail or not.

Surely it will be a record low because most of the votes have been thrown far away from the actual constituency so i don't think anyone will bother to go that far just to vote for someone when they already know their votes won't matter this time.
Umm, 7 months before the elections, ecp gave everyone a chance to shift there votes. I shifted my vote to the area where i live. ECP ran alot of campaigns on this.

Now if some person couldn't be bothered to shift his vote that is his own fault, not the ecps.

Where ever your vote was 12 months ago, it will stay at that place on election day.

Election rolls are not made a month before, They are made like 9-12 months in advance.

Umm, 7 months before the elections, ecp gave everyone a chance to shift there votes. I shifted my vote to the area where i live. ECP ran alot of campaigns on this.

Now if some person couldn't be bothered to shift his vote that is his own fault, not the ecps.

Where ever your vote was 12 months ago, it will stay at that place on election day.

Election rolls are not made a month before, They are made like 9-12 months in advance.
But this time ECP has done some stupid things. Five months ago when I checked my vote was in the same area where I live and I have been casting votes from same place since 2013. However when I checked a day ago surprisingly I found my vote is around 23 km away from my house, a place I have never visited in my life.

who cares, it's already decided for the banana republic.
Maybe, but PKs owe to the tortured, the raped, the killed to vote. If you don't vote against these evil then you are accomplises in these evil crimes. This is beyond politics, this is about human dignity. Even the kaffir weren't this evil. Today news emerged that in Mandi Bahuddin, the couldn't arrest the PTI candidate after a Jalsa so they took the father and murdered him. This Nizaam is worse than anything the kaffir did

The desperate religion card....... Like politicians who use religion to twist a narrative into anti religion one to win support......

36 hours left before the local Pakistani people use there power to vote. Any last words or desperate attempts, do display them

No intelligence, no morals, just worship a set of crooks. I suppose we feel this way because our fathers had to work for a living and never took a penny, never hurt anyone, and never supported anything that was evil. And then there is people, supporting parties that kill people, Jokhio and Memon will not be forgotten, Zille Shah won't be forgotten and Arshad Sharif( a guy that you called a coward) will never forgotten.

The desperate religion card....... Like politicians who use religion to twist a narrative into anti religion one to win support......

36 hours left before the local Pakistani people use there power to vote. Any last words or desperate attempts, do display them
If you don't want to be associated with the evil criminals condemn the murders, condemn the kidnappings, condemn the torture. If you can't then your reading is absolutely 100% correct

And you call this sham an election? criminals can't win 10% between in any fair election.

Never seen you ever criticize ppp or pmln before. So who’s worshipping who?

You point out fallacies in other while repeating the same behaviors yourself

Never seen you ever criticize ppp or pmln before. So who’s worshipping who?

You point out fallacies in other while repeating the same behaviors yourself
yes, the party that threatens to cut off the water of villages that don't vote for them.

So proud you have the ability to cast vote. You do realize your vote has no power whatsoever right? The winners and losers have all been decided

Maybe, but PKs owe to the tortured, the raped, the killed to vote. If you don't vote against these evil then you are accomplises in these evil crimes. This is beyond politics, this is about human dignity. Even the kaffir weren't this evil. Today news emerged that in Mandi Bahuddin, the couldn't arrest the PTI candidate after a Jalsa so they took the father and murdered him. This Nizaam is worse than anything the kaffir did
We are no worse than any regime we bemoan in our sermons and speeches, I don't have a vote and I am in no delusion that my vote even matters.

News that JKT has kidnapped the 3rd PTI candidate and forced her family to make a statement in favour of him. JKT you can be a trillionaire or Zillionaire but you will never have respect in this lifetime and you will have to answer in the next, not one iota. Nooras aren't right very often but boy were they right on you. Scum

With pti and imran khan out of the equation, I’m hoping to see people coming out here to celebrate their favorite politicians in power. They will not be complaining anymore and finding excuses to blame everything on Imran khan.Same goes for the resident Indians. Finally there won’t be so much negativity on this forum anymore.

It has to be higher side of 51%-75% and only then the mighty establishment will be defeated.

Anything less than 60% would have considerable negative impact on election results and 65-75% would be nothing less than a miracle and even rigging won't impact the results to great extent. Historically, we have always been around 50-55% and people seem more hopeless than ever before so depends if they have given up on system or still want to make an effort (I dont believe them either way)

In lahore, 45% living and 5-6% dead people will vote, as it has been the case in the past.

In lahore, 45% living and 5-6% dead people will vote, as it has been the case in the past.
Did it happen in 2018?

Even if it happens, it happens due to people not bothering to get a union council death certificate of there relatives. Register the death of a person at a Union Council and his name will be removed from the voters list

Did it happen in 2018?

Even if it happens, it happens due to people not bothering to get a union council death certificate of there relatives. Register the death of a person at a Union Council and his name will be removed from the voters list
Yes, that was one of the factor N-league "won" 10 seats from Lahore at the peak of PTI popularity, particularly in Lahore.

Yes, that was one of the factor N-league "won" 10 seats from Lahore at the peak of PTI popularity, particularly in Lahore.
PMLN was suppose to seats in Lahore?

Bro you need to go to Lahore before saying that. If PMLN has done something great its turning Lahore into a proper city.

Two bomb explosions have killed at least 20 people in Pakistan's Balochistan province on the eve of general elections, officials say.

The first blast killed 12 people in front of an independent candidate's party office in Pishin district.

A second explosion left eight people dead in Qillah Saif Ullah district, about 150km (93 miles) away. Many others were injured in the two blasts.

The election has been marred by violence and claims of poll-rigging.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack in Pishin. Details of the second blast are still emerging.

Images on social media show cars and motorbikes blown apart by the force of the explosion in Pishin. It took place outside the election office of a local independent candidate who officials told the BBC was meeting his polling agent at the time.

There have been violent incidents in both Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provinces in the last week or so in the build-up to Thursday's vote.

Police are trying to determine the cause of the blast and the injured have been transported to nearby hospitals.

The Balochistan government said the vote would proceed as planned.

"Rest assured, we will not allow terrorists to undermine or sabotage this crucial democratic process," provincial information minister Jan Achakzai posted on X, formerly Twitter.

Source: BBC

PMLN was suppose to seats in Lahore?

Bro you need to go to Lahore before saying that. If PMLN has done something great its turning Lahore into a proper city.
I was born and raised at Lahore and just got back after spending 3 weeks there. I know Lahore better than you do.

76pc Pakistanis to accept elections results: Ipsos survey

Around 76 percent of Pakistanis would accept the general elections 2024 results, while seven percent expressed reservations over the same, ARY News reported citing Ipsos survey.

As per a pulse survey conducted by Ipsos related to the General Elections 2024 scheduled to be held on February 8, the majority of Pakistanis are committed to the continuation of the democratic system and electoral process. The ratio of those who did not vote is 17 percent.

As per survey, 77 percent of rural people and 74 percent of urban people said that they would have no objection over the results. There better ratio of people believing transparency of the elections and acceptance of the results was reported from rural areas.

Similarly, 79 percent people in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and 78 percent in Punjab said that they would accept the results. In Balochistan 63 percent, 74 percent in Sindh and 53 percent people in Islamabad would have no reservations on the elections’ results.

It is pertinent to mention here that the much anticipated general elections in Pakistan are going to take place on February 8, 2024. Here’s a step-by-step guideline to cast your vote and exercise your constitutional right.

The first step is to find out the polling station where you will cast your vote and the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP)’s SMS service has made it more convenient for the voter.

Text your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number to 8300 and make sure to type all the digits without dashes or dashes.

Upon sending your CNIC number, you will receive a block code, serial number, and name of the region.

Bringing your CNIC to the polling place is most important part of the voting process as it is impossible to cast your vote without your CNIC and even the photocopies are not allowed for casting vote.

Source: ARY

Women turnout below 10% could result in re-election of that constituency, says ECP

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) is empowered to declare void a poll and order for re-election in a constituency where the overall turnout of women voters remains below 10% of the total votes cast, a ECP statement read on Wednesday.

Nearly 129 million registered voters in Pakistan are set to use their voting right tomorrow as the fifth largest democracy in the world will choose its rulers for the next five years.

Out of the total registered voters, total male voters stand at 69,263,704, while 59,322,056 are female voters.

“If the total female voters’ count in a constituency remains below 10% of the total votes cast, the Election Commission of Pakistan, as per law, can void the voting in that constituency and order for re-polling,” the electoral watchdog said.

In an encouraging development, the latest voting statistics reveal that the electoral gender gap in Pakistan has fallen to less than 10 million for the first time in a decade.

Women turnout below 10% could result in re-election of that constituency, says ECP

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) is empowered to declare void a poll and order for re-election in a constituency where the overall turnout of women voters remains below 10% of the total votes cast, a ECP statement read on Wednesday.

Nearly 129 million registered voters in Pakistan are set to use their voting right tomorrow as the fifth largest democracy in the world will choose its rulers for the next five years.

Out of the total registered voters, total male voters stand at 69,263,704, while 59,322,056 are female voters.

“If the total female voters’ count in a constituency remains below 10% of the total votes cast, the Election Commission of Pakistan, as per law, can void the voting in that constituency and order for re-polling,” the electoral watchdog said.

In an encouraging development, the latest voting statistics reveal that the electoral gender gap in Pakistan has fallen to less than 10 million for the first time in a decade.

It means that almost in every constituency, we are going to get a re-election because I am sure hardly any women will go out for casting vote this time.

It means that almost in every constituency, we are going to get a re-election because I am sure hardly any women will go out for casting vote this time.
Mostly it will happen in areas like some parts of Balochistan, KPK, etc. Punjab will be fine and so will Sindh IMO. But overall turnout will not be much as far as I can guess.

Surprisingly, there's a high turnout on General Election Day despite all attempts to make the public feel hopeless.

What's remarkable about the General Elections 2024 is the dedication of elderly women, some as old as 80, who, despite difficulties walking or standing, are actively in line to cast their votes.

Low turnout expected in Sindh's urban areas

The polling day commenced with a rather a low turnout — with Karachi’s MQM calling for a strike in the port city. Disrupted traffic flow was reported resulting in a notable absence of voters at the polling stations.

Many voters complained that they were unable to receive timely information about the location of their designated polling stations because of suspended phone services.

"I did not get the exact location of the polling station and cannot get the details because the service is not available," said Imdad Ali, resident of DHA Phase-8, Karachi. Imdad noted that the caretaker federal government had assured that mobile services will be functional on the election day.

Candidates have also reported inconvenience in communication with their workers due to suspended internet and phone services. "I have to move and get information from one area to another and do not have any idea what was happening in my own constituency," commented Mehran Shah, a candidate from PS-87.

Residents in Karachi typically cast their votes in the second half of the day. However, apart from densely populated and socially connected areas, the general interest among common citizens appears to be low.

Express Tribune

Definitely more than 60% turnout in cities let's see though not helped by deliberate slow voting the mafia is exposed brutally

Definitely more than 60% turnout in cities let's see though not helped by deliberate slow voting the mafia is exposed brutally
I think it's more than 60%, i have seen a flood of people at polling station.

What's remarkable about the General Elections 2024 is the dedication of elderly women, some as old as 80, who, despite difficulties walking or standing, are actively in line to cast their votes.
Amazing a 80 year old has never voted in Pakistan. Wow.

So voting time not extended despite the long queue outside pathetic sums up our mentality

The polling time for general elections across the country is over

Voters will be able to cast their votes inside the polling stations, the Election Commission said

Polling continued uninterrupted till 5 pm across the country, Election Commission

Source: ARY

PM Kakar says high voter turnout clear indication of public commitment

Shortly after polling concluded across Pakistan, interim Prime Minister Anwaarul Haq Kakar congratulated the nation for the “successful conduct” of the general elections.

In a post on X, he said the high voter turnout today was a clear indication of the public commitment to shaping the future of the country.

“The voices, expressed through the votes, will contribute to the fortification of our democracy, and for that, people of Pakistan deserve every bit of appreciation,” he wrote.

The premier further commended the efforts of the security personnel, civil administration and the Election Commission of Pakistan for conducting “free and fair elections across the country”.

“Your resolve in the aftermath of the recent terrorism incidents, continuing to participate in the electoral process, is a powerful statement against the forces that seek to destabilize our nation. It underscores our collective desire for peace, stability, and prosperity.” PM Kakar added.

Dawn

From what I have seen, I can safely say that this time the voter turnout was a record breaking one. I have never seen such a large crowd turning out for voting.

From what I have seen, I can safely say that this time the voter turnout was a record breaking one. I have never seen such a large crowd turning out for voting.
I wonder what those people have to say who were adamant it will be a record low turnout

More and more people vote, less influence army will have in Pakistan.

The people of Pakistan have shown far more maturity then the establishment and dare I say it some posters here...

People wanted them to burn down Pakistan but they waited for the Elections to make their voice heard.

Yes the final results maybe rigged but the people have spoken

The voter turnout was a response to the post May 9 crackdown on the PTI.
Politics is dirty and you get underhand tactics. But this was on a different on so many levels. PK needs leadership that sincere and people, who have sacrificed so much need relief. Whether in this economic disaster IK can give any relief remains to be seen if the mafia can accept defeat

Politics is dirty and you get underhand tactics. But this was on a different on so many levels. PK needs leadership that sincere and people, who have sacrificed so much need relief. Whether in this economic disaster IK can give any relief remains to be seen if the mafia can accept defeat

Establishment have a free hand to do whatever they want to crush PTI and IK as long as they enjoy the full support of the international establishment i.e. US, UK. Everything they have done to date since end of 2021 has been with the blessing of the Biden administration.

Establishment have a free hand to do whatever they want to crush PTI and IK as long as they enjoy the full support of the international establishment i.e. US, UK. Everything they have done to date since end of 2021 has been with the blessing of the Biden administration.
They did have and they did everything with Isa the sahulaatkar but with each oppression and murder the man on the street saw through them. Ayub, Yahya, Zia and Mush have something in common and most of them were never this bad

The results that are coming so far, it is very unexpected. PTI backed candidates are leading the charts so far in the national assembly.

The people of Pakistan have shown far more maturity then the establishment and dare I say it some posters here...

People wanted them to burn down Pakistan but they waited for the Elections to make their voice heard.

Yes the final results maybe rigged but the people have spoken
So all IK had to do was sit in oppn to 2 years and he could have had out right majority?

So all IK had to do was sit in oppn to 2 years and he could have had out right majority?
probably so. But his ego got the best of him.

Even if if if if the PTI independants are allowed to win, they will still have to follow orders from the Party that won the election, so its either PPP or JUI or MQM.

Once the results come out, the real show is going to be about the independants. Who joins who?

The actual results will come out in 3-4 days.

Imran has become a brand now. Imagine a guy leading a party sitting in a jail, still his party is looking like winning the majority of seats, what would have happened if he was out there with people?

Back