Zimbabwe vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Harare | 13/09/2013 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ims1

First Class Captain
Runs
Zimbabwe 294 & 121/4 (50.2 ov)
Pakistan 230
Zimbabwe lead by 185 runs with 6 wickets remaining .

No demons in the pitch yet & out of the 4 wickets to fall , 2 were tailenders . If hosts bat for 2 sessions & give a target of around 340 in 4 sessions [ 120 overs ] , i expect PK not to go for the target & play for a draw .

A lead of 300 is probable, and it will seal the deal for Zimbabwe. Heck, even 280 is enough I think.

A lead of 300 is probable, and it will seal the deal for Zimbabwe. Heck, even 280 is enough I think.

There is turn .Even Abdur was turning the ball & he rarely spins it . But still no major inconsistent bounce .

Match nicely poised for the fourth day. Pakistan were well behind yesterday but the late wickets helped them claw their way back into the game.

Zimbabwe are 121 for four, leading by 185 runs.

Anything over 250 will be a challenge! Younis Khan will hold the key, but there are six wickets to be taken before that.

My two cents - Younis, Misbah and Shafiq to steer Pakistan to 250ish target set by Zimbabwe.

ty Miggy :)

Pre-start interviews , players say not much inconsistent bounce as i said . btw, Juni has bowled 44 overs in the match ! PK needs to play a A/R .

came back from jumma to see that there is no electricity :facepalm:

Being updated by using Cricindia

It will be Ajmsl's day, Pakistan will be in trouble anything over 250.

There is turn .Even Abdur was turning the ball & he rarely spins it . But still no major inconsistent bounce .

I watched the match yesterday and that the bowl kept low in odd deliveries. Thats a bigger problem because the batsman tend to remain relaxed until they get a very low delivery that gets them trapped leading to LBW/Bowled

and so far Zimboks have not scored a single run off the bat :misbah

Pitch is not Open up yet
hopefully Pakistan some how chase down target of 230-250

Azhar Ali should be promoted to open. His technique and temperament is by far more suited to opening than any of the openers that have been tried and failed. That would also free up a spot for Umar Akmal, who would provide som much needed impetus in the middle order"

cricinfo

Cricket is a gentlemen game, why everybody is talking about mediocrity of Pakistan cricket instead of applauding Zimbabwe cricketers for great effort..."under paid but not under performed

cricinfo

Every run over 200 will put extra pressure on pakistani team.

ZIMBABWE Alread have 199 runs lead
30 runs plus lead will make me so nervous

If Zimbabwe bat half the day, then it will be hard for Pakistan to save the game. Pakistan need to be batting at the end of first session for a realistic chance here.

Did anyone listen to basit Ali before match on PTV sports, he was saying that hafeez is key player. If he scores a fifty in this 2nd innings Pakistan will win otherwise there is no way. :facepalm:

Rahat get,s Important wicket
Well done Rahat
2nd Five wicket haul for Rahat on card

250 would be challenging target , but I still feel Pakistan can win , Zim need at least 300 to beat pakistan.

It would be a blessing in disguise if Zimbabwe are bowled out for 220-230.. We would have a great Test match.. but now after that Sibanda wicket, 230 looks a bit away"

Did anyone listen to basit Ali before match on PTV sports, he was saying that hafeez is key player. If he scores a fifty in this 2nd innings Pakistan will win otherwise there is no way. :facepalm:

he really loves hafeez :facepalm:

Zimbabwe taken Pakistan last 5 Wicket,s inside 20 runs
Hopefully Pakistan to the same
230 TARGET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back