1st ODI: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka at Dhaka, Feb 17, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

10sion

First Class Captain
Runs
From Cricinfo:

Bangladesh XI: 1 Anamul Haque, 2 Shamsur Rahman, 3 Mominul Haque, 4 Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), 5 Mahmudullah, 6 Shakib Al Hasan, 7 Nasir Hossain, 8 Sohag Gazi, 9 Al-Amin Hossain, 10 Arafat Sunny, 11 Rubel Hossain.

So Bangladesh have left out Naeem Islam, Shafiul Islam, Mashrafe Mortaza and Tamim Iqbal. Tamim had a neck strain for the past week, so probably that played up. Anamul Haque will keep wickets.

Sri Lanka XI: 1 Kusal Perera, 2 Tillakaratne Dilshan, 3 Kumar Sangakkara (wk), 4 Dinesh Chandimal, 5 Ashan Priyanjan, 6 Kithuruwan Vithanage, 7 Angelo Mathews (capt), 8 Thisara Perera, 9 Nuwan Kulasekara, 10 Sachitra Senanayake, 11 Lasith Malinga

43 overs a side. The first Powerplay will be nine overs and the second one of four overs.

These Bangladeshi phast bowlers are rubbish of the highest order. I think even I can bowl better than this Robel Hossain.

Bangladesh have become a really good team at home. I wouldn't be surprised if they won any of these games.

Need to get Sanga here.... Facing our bowlers is just an extended net practice for him.

We are on top. not surprising though because we are quality in LOIs

Aggressive batsman. Top bowler. Amazing fielder. Shakib is a true all rounder.

This is why Bangladesh needed to be given test status. If they hadn't they would still be a team of oldy amateurs.

Not sure we are the most exciting team...we need a Gayle/Warner type opener just for the thrills.

Tamim is no mug ! Sadly, he's gone the afridi route ! Only, afridi still beats him with the tiniest of margins in terms of consistency !

Poor Sri Lanka! Bangladesh! No IPL ! Then a heavy defeat is coming in England in May!

Tamim is no mug ! Sadly, he's gone the afridi route ! Only, afridi still beats him with the tiniest of margins in terms of consistency !

Tamim is a mug.

Sohag Gazi has more centuries in tests than Tamim in the last 3.5 years

Last edited:
No real demons in the pitch.

SL victims of poor shot selections and run outs

Sloppy from Sri Lanka. Amateurish running and shot making.

Srilanka collapsing. Its like they all have to go somewhere and are just throwing it away. Bangladesh should win this with ease.

Tamim is a mug.

Sohag Gazi has more centuries in tests than Tamim in the last 3.5 years

Cant disagree with the stat ! Tamim has gone down the jamshed road !

Tamim was a very entertaining lad ! I know his international form has been poor but what about his domestic one? Is he struggling there too?

Shahid Afridi is one of the fittest cricketers in his team. Tamim needs to go easy on his briyani and ciggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back