1st T20I Match between India and South Africa called off due to rain in Durban

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
South Africa faces India in the first T20I of a three-match series today on Sunday, December 10, at Kingsmead, Durban.

South Africa will be led by Aiden Markram while Suryakumar Yadav is in charge of the Indian contingent. The Proteas will be stepping onto the field for the first time after their heartbreaking semi-final defeat against Australia. Meanwhile, India will look to build on their 4-1 T20I series win at home against the Aussies. South Africa were whitewashed 0-3 by the 'Men in Yellow' in the last T20I series they played at home.

The imminent series against South Africa marks the return of Shubman Gill, Kuldeep Yadav, and Ravindra Jadeja to the squad as well. The three players, strategically rested after a grueling ODI World Cup campaign, now bring their well-honed skills back into the fold. The squad, however, continues to see the absences of batting stalwarts Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, who have been away from T20I action since the World Cup last year.

With the T20 World Cup set to be played next year in June, the two teams will look to zero in on some of the players who could potentially be a part of the squad for the marquee event.

1702177980874.png
Squads

South Africa Squad
: Reeza Hendricks, Matthew Breetzke, Tristan Stubbs, Aiden Markram(c), Heinrich Klaasen(w), David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Gerald Coetzee, Nandre Burger, Tabraiz Shamsi, Ottniel Baartman, Marco Jansen, Donovan Ferreira, Lizaad Williams

India Squad: Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Rinku Singh, Jitesh Sharma(w), Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Siraj, Arshdeep Singh, Ishan Kishan, Mukesh Kumar, Washington Sundar, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Tilak Varma, Kuldeep Yadav

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

It will be interesting to see how Shubhman Gill will play this..........
Thank God there is no Buvama otherwise huge load on SA:D

None of India' s top 6 can bat. Where is Venkatesh Iyer?

If you want to stick with a bowl AR like Jadeja(ahem) or Axar at 7, V Iyer can be a fine backup option to Hardik. He is a lefty, can chip in couple of overs, a good striker too and build the innings as well. In T20s, he should be used as backup option and play as many games as possible.

The Indian management seems to have learned nothing after the World Cup loss.

My XI for this T20 assuming players like Bumrah, Hardik and Kohli are unavailable would be:-

Jaiswal
Gill
Kishan/Samson(wkt)
SKY
V Iyer
Rinku
Axar
D Chahar
Bishnoi/kuldeep
Arshdeep
Siraj

Rest to be tried in third T20 :- Tilak, Jitesh

India vs South Africa, 1st T20I

Match abandoned without a ball bowled

My XI for this T20 assuming players like Bumrah, Hardik and Kohli are unavailable would be:-

Jaiswal
Gill
Kishan/Samson(wkt)
SKY
V Iyer
Rinku
Axar
D Chahar
Bishnoi/kuldeep
Arshdeep
Siraj

Rest to be tried in third T20 :- Tilak, Jitesh
Is that lineup for T20 WC or today's T20?

Why not reschedule this game or play it tomorrow, CSA cannot afford to financially lose a T20 game against powerhouse like India

Is that lineup for T20 WC or today's T20?

Today's game assuming the squad would have been picked correctly.

Venky Iyer is a good T20 talent and should be groomed irrespective of whether Hardik will be back for WT20.

Former Indian cricket team captain Sunil Gavaskar had an important advice for international cricket board.

Good. India playing way too much cricket. This Indian tour means a lot to CSA as their losses from last 3 years can not only be reduced but become profitable.

But that doesn't mean India should continue to play this volume of cricket.

Back