23 wickets fall on day 1 of the 2nd Test between South Africa (55, 62/3) and India (153)

Even the much maligned Mukesh is better than Prasidh. I can guarantee Unadkat is better than Prasidh.

All out in 1st session? No complaints about the pitch? ICC and match ref just going to let this one slide?

Look at the roar at team's 50. This test has reduced to a farce, just hope nobody gets badly injured here.

Mark Nicholas is ripping apart this pitch. SA commentators trying to divert the topic and give credit to Indian bowlers lol. Indians have bowled well JP, but no team should be 9 down in 1st session.

Session extended for another half hour as South Africa brink of getting all out in a session

Spinners will never get a bowl in these conditions. SA prepare much easier pitches against Eng and Aus. Worst is reserved for Asian teams only.

Reminds me of Saffers destroying Misbah's PAK for 49. Steyn took 6 then. Siraj took 6 today.

What a massacre.

Good job Indian bowlers for exploiting the pitch conditions. Nowadays India have a good bowling attack it is very risky to try and prepare seam friendly wickets.

South Africa 55 all out
Siraj take 6 Wickets ,bumrah and Mukesh both get two wicket each

Spinners will never get a bowl in these conditions. SA prepare much easier pitches against Eng and Aus. Worst is reserved for Asian teams only.
Well it came back to bite them on the backside. Good job from India. After making tailor made pitches at home during the world cup they were wise to SAffers game and caught them out

Lol 55 all out

This is just pathetic, terrible pitch doctoring by south Africa.

This needs to be investigated and SA fined heavily..

I hope our Pakistani friends are with us on this.

:rabada2

What a massacre.

Good job Indian bowlers for exploiting the pitch conditions. Nowadays India have a good bowling attack it is very risky to try and prepare seam friendly wickets.
Just not nowadays .india have one of the best all conditions bowling attack from last 7-8 years .

Must be the first test match where the side that batted first only lasted for 23 overs lol..

Mark Nicholls destroying the SAfricans lol 🤣

India can still lose here, unless SA players are demotivated after what just happened.

Must be said, cricket is a great leveler. In 1st test SA batsmen had at least 50 plays and misses ever so close to nicking, half of them by Elgar. Here they have paid for each of their mistakes, so many balls nicking which another day would have missed the bat. Reminds me of India's 36 all out in Adelaide where again we seemed to nick every ball instead of missing it altogether.

Don't forget cape town is fortress for South Africa.
Indian team is love to breach any team fortress. :kp

Honestly dont think there was so much wrong with the wicket . True , there is a little bit of sideways movement , but isnt that expected from a 1st day 1st session pitch . I just think Siraj was exceptional and SA batsmen very ordinary

India can still lose here, unless SA players are demotivated after what just happened.

Must be said, cricket is a great leveler. In 1st test SA batsmen had at least 50 plays and misses ever so close to nicking, half of them by Elgar. Here they have paid for each of their mistakes, so many balls nicking which another day would have missed the bat. Reminds me of India's 36 all out in Adelaide where again we seemed to nick every ball instead of missing it altogether.
Oh totally forgot about the 36 all out.....

If india lose from here then its an embarrassment. No chance of it happening.

Just not nowadays .india have one of the best all conditions bowling attack from last 7-8 years .
Yeah thats true. Shami, Siraj, Bumrah and even the old timers like Sharma etc have been very good for a long time.

SAffers should have seen what India did on seaming pitches in ODIs at home.

People's are just taking credit away from Indian bowling masterclass and specially by Siraj when they are talk about pitch more than great bowling

This is incredible.

6SU40FU.png

Spin allrounder will be a wasteful selection 2 Tests in a row. They need the extra batter. Jadeja will be a waste of space

Mukesh Kumar should play all test in south africa,NZ and England .he will be beast in these conditions

Correct me if I am wrong, but no Asian side has ever won in Cape Town.

Pak has won 2 tests in SA, Durban (1998) and St George's Park, Port Elizabeth (2007)
SL has won thrice, Durban (2011) and in their 2018-19 series win twice (Durban and Port Elizabeth)
Ind has 4 test wins in SA, twice in Johannesberg (2006, 2018), once in Durban (2010) and once in Centurion (2021)

Overall we all have won in Durban which is usually the most spin friendly pitch in SA.

Spin allrounder will be a wasteful selection 2 Tests in a row. They need the extra batter. Jadeja will be a waste of space
Jadeja is the extra batter, much improved batsman in SENA now, and a leftie.

Don't forget cape town is fortress for South Africa.
Indian team is love to breach any team fortress. :kp
Will be a good achievement to win in Cape Town. We already have test wins in the 3 other fastest and bounciest pitches in the world: WACA, Gabba, Wanderers (x2). All in the last 15-20 years.

Heard that Kensington Oval, Barbados used to be a terror for batsmen in earlier times. We couldn't chase 120 against Ambrose, Bishop, Walsh there in 1998.

SA's batting is a real concern, they were 95 all out vs NZ and got out for totals around v England in 2022

The C team playing in the next test series isnt a bad idea, they need a revamp of their batting in tests

Pitch will settle down as the day progresses, and SA should be demoralized after their flop show with the bat. Indian batsmen must ensure we get 250, to prove they aren't useless.

No tentativeness please, go for shots. Any ball may have your name written on it.

What a bowling performance from India, especially from Mohammed Siraj. South Africa was all out for 55, marking the lowest total for any team against India.

Here are some stats of highs and lows:

Best bowling returns for India in South Africa

7/61 - Shardul Thakur, Johannesburg, 2022
7/120 - Harbhajan Singh, Cape Town, 2011
6/15 - Mohammed Siraj, Cape Town, 2024
6/53 - Anil Kumble, Johannesburg, 1992
6/76 - Javagal Srinath, Gqeberha, 2001
6/138 - Ravindra Jadeja Durban, 2013

Least expensive Test five-fors for India (by runs conceded)

5/7 - Jasprit Bumrah vs West Indies, North Sound, 2019
6/12 - Venkatapathy Raju vs Sri Lanka, Chandigarh, 1990
5/13 - Harbhajan Singh vs West Indies, Kingston, 2006
6/15 - Mohammed Siraj vs South Africa, Cape Town, 2024
5/18 - Subhash Gupte vs Pakistan, Dhaka, 1955

Lowest all-out totals for South Africa since their readmission

55 vs India, Cape Town, 2024
73 vs Sri Lanka, Galle, 2018
79 vs India, Nagpur, 2015
83 vs England, Johannesburg, 2016
84 vs India, Johannesburg, 2006

Lowest all-out totals vs India in Tests

55 - South Africa, Cape Town, 2024
62 - New Zealand, Mumbai WS, 2021
79 - South Africa, Nagpur, 2015
81 - England, Ahmedabad, 2021
82 - Sri Lanka, Chandigarh, 199

3 times vs India below 100

Lowest all-out totals for South Africa since their readmission

55 vs India, Cape Town, 2024
73 vs Sri Lanka, Galle, 2018
79 vs India, Nagpur, 2015
83 vs England, Johannesburg, 2016
84 vs India, Johannesburg, 2006

Rohit should play his natural game before getting out .
Scoring runs is very crucial on this type of deck

Out of 26 runs 19 came from Ngidi bowling so far.
Burger is better option than Ngidi to bowl with Rabada

Rohit is playing bazball .
29(13) * is better than 29(80) on pitch like this .

Where is my friend @sweep_shot who was arguing with me yesterday in pre-match thread that no way India can make a come back in this series? :ROFLMAO:

How Indian team is in a decline, how I am still stuck in 2020 etc etc. :ROFLMAO:

There is a reason they say - "When Rajdeep speaks, you just listen and that's all"

:kp

50 in 7.3 ... bat till Lunch day 2 , be 290 all out , will be over lunch day 3 !

Not the nephew Imam, but it's actually Rohit Sharma that really resembles Inzamam in his prime.
'Big' men with lazy elegance.

so good days for asian teams india and pakistan while india are dominating ,pak also had a reasonable day

ball is just 10 overs old & lead of 2 , another 10 overs & things will be relatively easy .

210 minutes of play left & 51 overs to go ... a lead of 150 by close will make for a good nights sleep after having a drink or 2 :)

Back