23 wickets fall on day 1 of the 2nd Test between South Africa (55, 62/3) and India (153)

Jansen's bounce from the other end is massive. Australia move over. That ball that went for 4 in his last over , was over 10 feet.

Pitch has eased up now. And anyway tough to mentally recover from 55 all out, in their heads probably the South Africans have already lost this test.

did you see the last ball bowled by Burger - huge bounce & movement too !

This underlines hte importance of Elgar's knock in the first innings. His innings made the difference with a bit of help from Jansen

Extra bounce and rohit gone. Extra bounce does save him but this time he get a edges

Bounce is very nasty. You will see a lot of finger injuries on a pitch like this. To make it difficult one end has more bounce. Difficult for batsmen to get adjusted on this pitch.

2 years ago that would have been a catch to 3rd slip, now Kohli gets a 4. Luck is an understated aspect of cricket, in bad times everything goes against you, maybe what Babar is facing now. But evens out in the long run.

Very defensive field placement set by Elger .
Early assault from Rohit made him set fields that way. He still has 3 slips and a gully. But India was going at 7 an over. He had to be slightly defensive while defending a total of 55.

Wow that took off. Why couldn't Prasidh Krishna bowl one threatening delivery here?

As an Indian fanbest memory at newlands was Azharuddin/Tendulkar partnership after they combined at 58/5. They added 222 runs in 40 overs or so. Azharuddin got run out. Sachin fell to spectacular one legged catch on the boundary. Very fast scoring and also collapse prone ground.

If only Shami was fit , Saf could never have had it that easy in 1st Test ...huge bounce on that 136 kmph delivery by Burger !

Karnataka quota
u said the same about KL in the last match. he scored 100. so if we did not select prasidh, who would we select? bhuvi kumar?. Bro- u gave stats about Upen yadav and that is terrific, and please realize and understand that i am not provingyou wrong, but dude -go easy on the whatever state lobby, you use it so easily. once again, if not prasidh- who should we have selected?

There is one crack. Anytime it hit that crack it just rears off. Infact there are many such spots with variable bounce from each spot. You need a bit of luck to survive here.
If this was an indian pitch...imagine the hits on the internet with doctored wickets, home track bullies, BCCI> ICC etc...i have no problem if it turns big on the first day, as long as the BOUNCE is EVEN. if its uneven bounce on the first day, you know wicket is going to deteriorate...we need to get a big lead here

If this was an indian pitch...imagine the hits on the internet with doctored wickets, home track bullies, BCCI> ICC etc...i have no problem if it turns big on the first day, as long as the BOUNCE is EVEN. if its uneven bounce on the first day, you know wicket is going to deteriorate...we need to get a big lead here
This is borderline dangerous.

Gill always throws away his starts, needs to do more yoga, meditation and improve his attention span.

Over-hyped Gill failed again. All I hear in media is Gill is batting like a dream in nets, dispatching all the balls, looking in great touch etc etc.

When he is going to translate that net form in the middle?

Arguably the worst test wicket I've seen since England and Windies test getting abandoned all them years ago.

This makes Indian doctored wickets like featherbeds!

LOL

Gill was playing the ball a lot later than his usual, fluent best.

India need a lead of 200+ at least to put pressure on South Africa. Shubman Gill would be disappointed in the way he got out after doing all the hard work and scoring 36

Over-hyped Gill failed again. All I hear in media is Gill is batting like a dream in nets, dispatching all the balls, looking in great touch etc etc.

He was batting nicely before getting out .on this surface anyone Can get out anytime as Ball is doing too much .

Should drop shreyas iyer from test side and bring sarfaraz Khan shreyas iyer should only play odi

Where is my friend @sweep_shot who was arguing with me yesterday in pre-match thread that no way India can make a come back in this series? :ROFLMAO:

How Indian team is in a decline, how I am still stuck in 2020 etc etc. :ROFLMAO:

There is a reason they say - "When Rajdeep speaks, you just listen and that's all"

:kp

I didn't say India couldn't make a comeback. I said it was unlikely.

Anyway, good for them I guess.

India still can't win the series now. Maximum they can get is a 1-1 draw.

He was very good. Probably the ebst of the lot. But i am not sure you can blame him for this dismissal.

14 wickets in 2 sessions. Atrocious Day 1 pitch. Cape Town should be banned from hosting matches for a while.

India have Jadeja, he can score a few down the order. Saffers should look to get India all out within 150.

It's Tea on Day 1 in Cape Town.

Nandre Burger grabs three as India reaches 111/4 at Tea in Cape Town.

As an Indian fanbest memory at newlands was Azharuddin/Tendulkar partnership after they combined at 58/5. They added 222 runs in 40 overs or so. Azharuddin got run out. Sachin fell to spectacular one legged catch on the boundary. Very fast scoring and also collapse prone ground.
Indeed.

What a partnership that was against a top quality marauding SA bowling lineup!

Saw that partnership LIVE!

Rubbish pitch India should create a pitch like Bangladesh pitch even worst when sa tour India for test match

Only 2 tests in this series? Very strange for BCCI not to ask for 3 or more considering India always lose the first test.

Only 2 tests in this series? Very strange for BCCI not to ask for 3 or more considering India always lose the first test.
SA doesn't make money from Tests. So they don't prefer 3 test series. Yes India slow starters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to sleep after seeing the playing XI featuring Prasidh. But now waking up to this pleasantly surprise scoreboard(thanks to our bowlers and what appears to be a minefield of a pitch)

We need at least a lead of 150 (if not 200 which seems far fetched for this track with our current scorecard) to get us into a safe zone (as the batting usually gets a bit easy on day 2 and 3 in SA). I hope we do score those runs 🤞🏻

:4our
Kohli taking on Rabada.

Good strategy, you never know which ball has your name on it.

Even Shaun pollock is critical of the pitch. He wants pitches like you see in Australia. I agree with him. This is why they get bullied in subcontinent. Last time they toured I ndia. They lost two tests by an innings. Another test by close to 300 runs after India declared in both innings. Humiliaring 0-3.

On difficult pitches, Kohli is the best among fab 4. Look at the difference in levels. Only ABDV was at this level in the last 20 years.

Back