2nd Test: Pakistan vs South Africa @ Port Elizabeth (Day 1)

Oxy said:
Poor shot by Hafeez - Hameed & Farhat are not international level players.

well, they will learn... Farhat got a good bowl,, need to tight his batting...

Hammed well, the previows bowl had extra bounce and Hameed still went hard after the ball...

Hafees poor shot

If Pollock cant be abloe to bowl then they also have Kallis! I hope MoYo and YK stayed longer atleast till the day´s end!

what a shot by YOunis Khan..

Four.. kallish pitching it up.. and Younis going after it,

They said Inzi is injured (commentators)...anyone got more info?

what´s with Inzi? and whats with pollock? please commment on that if anyone knows?

Amir said:
They said Inzi is injured (commentators)...anyone got more info?
He went on quite early in the day - YK struggled as the the scorecard shows.

Inzi has to wait another 35 mns before he can bat.

immubhai said:
what´s with Inzi? and whats with pollock? please commment on that if anyone knows?

Pollock hit on the foot by a Shoaib fast one.

Kallis clashing with our boys!

YK takes no 5hit! Rameez is SO apologetic.

Shot of the day by MoYo - 4!

59-3

MoYo looking as imperious as he did in his record breaking 2006.

It's boring watching South Africans bowl (bar Ntini). They're like monotonous clones.

Glorious cover drive by Moyo for 3 runs. His cover drive is the best in the world.

63/3

I hate all of you watching the game while I am at work...all of You :12:

But keep the commentary going anyway :D

67/3

Moyo looking in glorious form.. 6th hundred in 6th Test? :D

Folks , this is what i am reading at crapinfo:

"Even a Zoo can produce top-class cricketing animals!" chuckles Shamit Ghosh, in reference to last week's controversy. "Younis would be a giraffe, and Inzy a cute little elephant!"

Unfortunately I was (and still am) unable to watch the action today. How quick were Shoaib and Sami bowling?

Fantastic drive by Moyo, a treat to watch him, really.

Shoaib had a top speed of 150.1 KPH, and Sami was just about touching 90 MPH, on some occasions.

Younis says to Moyo - if you can do it well, I can do it better. :D

79/3, partnership of 60 runs. Well done.

This is what I found out at crapinfo..........."Even a Zoo can produce top-class cricketing animals!" chuckles Shamit Ghosh, in reference to last week's controversy. "Younis would be a giraffe, and Inzy a cute little elephant!"

immubhai said:
This is what I found out at crapinfo..........."Even a Zoo can produce top-class cricketing animals!" chuckles Shamit Ghosh, in reference to last week's controversy. "Younis would be a giraffe, and Inzy a cute little elephant!"

Chalo khush ho lainaay do inn ko bhi

Sreesanth Naasaan Waala Gorrila is the closest relative to the zoo animals I have seen and I am not even making fun of him

And lets not go in to the Bhungly Chicken Man and Scared little Chimp who shrieks like a 2 year old girl

That looked a tad high. Why is Akmal coming out to bat? where is Inzi? WE could use one of Akmals death defying 100s about now.

Pollock to Mohammad Yousuf, OUT, GODDIM! Gone! The drinks break strikes again as Pollock swings this into the batsman who is struck very high on the pad - going over the top, perhaps? - and Doctrove raises his finger plust it was inside edge as well

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOor decision by Doctrove

Pollock to Mohammad Yousuf, OUT, GODDIM! Gone! The drinks break strikes again as Pollock swings this into the batsman who is struck very high on the pad - going over the top, perhaps? - and Doctrove raises his finger

Cricinfo: Pollock to Mohammad Yousuf, OUT, GODDIM! Gone! The drinks break strikes again as Pollock swings this into the batsman who is struck very high on the pad - going over the top, perhaps? - and Doctrove raises his finger

:12: Death to Billy

Yes, it is confirmed Billy Doctrove has screwed us again as Yousaf inside edged the ball he got out on.

Doctrove...............another brother of Darell Hair.............took the wicket of MOYO the set batsman

hawk eye showed it just clipped the bails. considering the number of plumb ones he never gave in the last test match it was shocking decision!

Monsee said:
Chalo khush ho lainaay do inn ko bhi

Sreesanth Naasaan Waala Gorrila is the closest relative to the zoo animals I have seen and I am not even making fun of him

And lets not go in to the Bhungly Chicken Man and Scared little Chimp who shrieks like a 2 year old girl

Yeah right, they are themselves kids of the "Gandhigarden" (-:

Osman said:
anyone know why inzi hasnt come out ?

he wasnt allowed to come out as moyo was out one and a half mins b4 inzi was allowed to come out. inzi was off the field for most the day and was only allowed to bat after a certain time.

Its a good thing we got them for 124! I was hoping for a lead of 200+ plus but I guess a lead of 100 should do. But batting on last day will be hard, so Inzamam and Younis will have to play big ones.

And 2 fours by Akmal!

Osman said:
anyone know why inzi hasnt come out ?

Inzi left out off the field for almost half day. Maybe, this could also be the factor plus i read it somewhere he got some neck injury!

PepsiCola said:
Its a good thing we got them for 124! I was hoping for a lead of 200+ plus but I guess a lead of 100 should do. But batting on last day will be hard, so Inzamam and Younis will have to play big ones.

And 2 fours by Akmal!

100 lead is nothing and our batsmen squandered another good opportunity. This is a good battign track and it will only get better on day 2 and 3.

Second of all, the SA batsmen played some rash shots and alot of them threw their wicket away.

pak4life said:
hawk eye showed it just clipped the bails. considering the number of plumb ones he never gave in the last test match it was shocking decision!

For some reasons the Umpires are always against us....we never get any decisions in our favor!!!!plus this Billy the kid...alias Billy the HAIR...never gave any thing in our favor in the last test ! Sad, MOYO was in such a good form

For those of you asking about where Inzamam is, well he was off the field for much of South Africa's innings so couldn't bat until that amount of time had elapsed in Pakistan's innings. When Yousuf fell, the innings was one and a half minutes short of the mark, so Inzi has to wait until the fifth wicket falls.

Lets hope this takes a while

And FOUR!

Man this Kamran really cant bat for sqaut outside the sub-C. The guy looks lost out there, anytime he could be edging his way back to the pavillion

98-4. need a decent partnership now and hopefully akmal can prove his critics wrong.

Amir said:
100 lead is nothing and our batsmen squandered another good opportunity. This is a good battign track and it will only get better on day 2 and 3.

Second of all, the SA batsmen played some rash shots and alot of them threw their wicket away.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Do you think lead of 200 is possible? That would mean getting 324 from here with Inzamam, Younis, and Akmal remaining.

If only Doctrove didn't screw up on Yousuf!

150?

another 20 minutes game left.........lets hope the pair stucks and sees the day coming to end!

20 overs left in the day. Lets hope these two can see us through the day.

4 leg byes off younis. he thgt he had hit it. came off his gloves but given as leg byes :12:

Back