2nd Test: Pakistan vs South Africa @ Port Elizabeth (Day 1)

29.6 Pollock to Younis Khan, FOUR, four more! Drifting down the leg side and Younis gloves it beyond a diving Boucher down to fine leg

29.6 Pollock to Younis, FOUR!!, good length delivery outside the off stump, Younis flirts with it again, edges it through the slips down to third man for four, streaky shot!!!
Are the comms watching the same match

trail by 13 runs. akmal looking more comfortable and confident mashallah.

saint harris into the bowling attack. careful not to criticise him or he might have pakpassion closed down :21:

"It's South Africa's answer to Muttiah Muralitharan, Paul Harris. Good start to his Test career so far, but Pakistan are on the attack here. This could be messy."

crapinfo

shan said:
important thing is we are going at 3.6 runrate.

14 wickets fell in one day bro. IT's runs on the board that matters. This match is going to get a result unless it rains for 2 days.

TurkishCricketFan said:
14 wickets fell in one day bro. IT's runs on the board that matters. This match is going to get a result unless it rains for 2 days.

runs are important but we should make sure to score at least 280 before new ball.

shan said:
"It's South Africa's answer to Muttiah Muralitharan, Paul Harris. Good start to his Test career so far, but Pakistan are on the attack here. This could be messy."

crapinfo

Typical India crapinfo commentary....go to cricket buzz for fast online commentary

shan said:
runs are important but we should make sure to score at least 280 before new ball.

To be honest I dont think we'll see the second new ball, unless of course Inzy or Younis is in the mood for a big hundred.

Without wanting to put pressure on Kamran - he owes Pak big time for his blunders behind the stumps, and a ton will be just fine!!

Some glorious strokes being played by - esp by Kami!

pak 120-4 younis 39 and akmal 25 not out. trail by 4. decent partnership building here mashallah. need to build on it. comon akmal prove your critics wrong.!!!

What you guys think will be a decent lead?

And its 4 more from Akmal!

so far pak have made 101 runs for loss of two wickets in session. i think pakistan need a lead of 150-200.

I just think I saw Khalil in the ground - with a white bobble hat and blowing a trumpet / trombone like instrument:)

Akmal is due a big one for 2 reasons:

He hasn't made one in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time
He dropped two simple catches

People on Cricbuzz saying that Inzi can't come in until 7 wickets fall. Others saying that he has to make up 2 hours or soemthing. What's up?

PepsiCola said:
Akmal is due a big one for 2 reasons:

He hasn't made one in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time
He dropped two simple catches

catches didnt cost anything lucky enough. he does look more confident now and hopefully he can get at least a good 70 odd if not more.

Oxy said:
I just think I saw Khalil in the ground - with a white bobble hat and blowing a trumpet / trombone like instrument:)

Naah can't be him...with the signs/playcards he was planning to take with him; Rabbi Harris must have asked the authorities to throw him in a Maximum Security prison in the first few minutes of the game

Younis must not lose patience. Yes hes not scoring at a fast rate but theres still a lot of work to be done!

PepsiCola said:
People on Cricbuzz saying that Inzi can't come in until 7 wickets fall. Others saying that he has to make up 2 hours or soemthing. What's up?

inzi can come in now after a fall of a wicket. cricbuzz are buzzing

PepsiCola said:

According to cricinfo, when Yousaf was wrongly given out by the Blind Poodle...Inzi had 1 1/2 minutes still left before he could come back

He should be set to come in next...hopefully not needed though for a long time now

PepsiCola said:

Inzi can come in next, if yousuf had stayed another half a minute Inzi could have come out.

hasbeen said:
catches didnt cost anything lucky enough. he does look more confident now and hopefully he can get at least a good 70 odd if not more.
That doesn't matter! We were just LUCKY to pick up those wickets right away. It was Sami's and Kaneria's determination to get a wicket THAT over. So the catches dropped are still important IMO

PepsiCola said:
That doesn't matter! We were just LUCKY to pick up those wickets right away. It was Sami's and Kaneria's determination to get a wicket THAT over. So the catches dropped are still important IMO

they are important but im just saying it didnt cost anything in terms of runs. it was only costly to kami's confidence which is alredy low.

Have we ever been in such a strong position against South Africa? Despite the 4 wickets, or even if you count them!?

anyone know what inzi was doing off the field? did he just fall asleep and wake up to see the south africans all out? or is it the back again?

i just saw a picture of Akhtar in cricinfo taking the wky of Kallis,is that Akhtar. doesn't look like Akhtar!!! :13:.weird picture.

Gasherbrum said:
anyone know what inzi was doing off the field? did he just fall asleep and wake up to see the south africans all out? or is it the back again?

Got hit in the neck before the game, been off the field most of the day.

Gasherbrum said:

Impersonating someone from PP :21: : Saala Mottaa...jealous Daarhi Waala; could not see Shoaib taking wickets and decided to go off the field :p

Seriously, he hurt his neck in the field

CRICBUZZ:
A joke by one of the members:

ICC 2006 Special Awards
1. Best Farter on the field - Imran Farhat
2. Best Butt Shaker on the fied - Salman Butt
3. Best Beggar on the field - Yasir Hameed

Its amazing what these people think of. I mean Butt, the best Butt shaker? How about Sreesanth's booty dance!?

who is the commentator...
MOYO was not out, he was saying it was more 50-50
Now Kamran akmal was out, and given notout he is saying, South Afrika are unlucky..
What the helll if moyo was there, Sa wud have been killed.

PepsiCola said:
CRICBUZZ:

ICC 2006 Special Awards

Its amazing what these people think of. I mean Butt, the best Butt shaker? How about Sreesanth's booty dance!?
:))) that award should definitely go to sree. i think he made a merry with the names.

PepsiCola said:
CRICBUZZ:

ICC 2006 Special Awards

Its amazing what these people think of. I mean Butt, the best Butt shaker? How about Sreesanth's booty dance! ?

That would be: Uggly as Heck Butt Shaker category winner

Akmal really need a century here, it wud make him a more comfortable at keeping..

How bad was Doctrove's decision against MOYO? I can't see the match but heard it was ridiculous.

Pace said:
How bad was Doctrove's decision against MOYO? I can't see the match but heard it was ridiculous.

it was the worst,, but expected it to be out--

YK gone, loses his patience. Time for the big man to save us yet again.

135/5

Younis gone at just the worst possible moment. Edged to Gibbs at gully off Ntini

Ntini moves closer to the magical 300 mark. On 299 wickets right now

Nightwatchman sent in, Inzamam batting at 8 now.

Just 11 runs ahead and half of the side is back in the hut. The tail-enders will have to do their bit tomorrow if we are to get anywhere close to a 100-run lead

Sami in as night-watchman

Back