2nd Test: Pakistan vs South Africa @ Port Elizabeth (Day 3)

I think 150 will be interesting ....not difficult , but interesting ..the new ball is doing a bit and ntini 9 times out for 0 is going to nip 1 or 2 quick wickets on this type of pitch ......

Another drop from Akmal from Hafeez I feel- Rameez saying Shabash is what the bowlers should say to Akmal when he collects one properly!!

usman917 said:
Akmal drops another one, this guy should never play again, he absolutely sucks!

well, he need rest.... Play dosmectic cricket and then be brought back..

God Akmal needs to shut up! I am geting sick of his voice and his shabaashes dont mean crap because hes the one screwing up!

UGH!

I think 150 will be interesting ....not difficult , but interesting ..the new ball is doing a bit and ntini 9 times out for 10 is going to nip 1 or 2 quick wickets on this type of pitch ......

Akmal's always been poor when keeping to spinners but now I think it become a mental thing, some time away would probably do him some good.

Not sure if it was pad or bat as replays have not been shown.

103.1 Hafeez to Boucher, no run, flattish delivery on the stumps, Boucher shuffles across and edges it, keeper misses the catch

when did this happen?!@

Getting sick of him now. Zoni MUST play the next test.

We can;t keep giving Akmal free rides on the Pakistani National Team.

Boucher is 28 - thats his average and now his time has come- Allah please help!! and no an edge to the keeper is not what we want!!

this partnership is really hurting Pakistan....
Akmal rreally need to understand how too keep against the spinner...
HE is a good batsman against spin,, so in a way he should have been a good keeper against them---- they is something really wrong with technic..

AWAN IN A MILLION said:
In theory very true. In reality...who knows.

YOu never know with Pakistani team....Hammed, hafees, Imran farhat will be good for 40 runs will come from inzi, younis and MOyo...

The problem with dropping akmal now or giving him a little kick is that its too close to the wc

Kamran - trying his best give SA a big lead ..and Rameez feels he should still be in the squad if Pakistan wins .. Just shows the typical mindset of subcontinent

Alright guys - time for a collective Duaa- Ya Allah madad-- this Pollock is also now attacking well.

CrickFan said:
Kamran - trying his best give SA a big lead ..and Rameez feels he should still be in the squad if Pakistan wins .. Just shows the typical mindset of subcontinent

Akmal is very talented no doubt about that.. >BUt I think he need some time out of cricket.... I think we shud keep him in the odi, but in test he is costing us alot...

Obsessed_in_a_good_way said:
SA is batting very slow ... I think that suits Pakistan. Very similar discussion we had during the 1st test, when Pakistan was driving in the first gear.

The key for SA is to add runs on the board. There is far too much time remaining in the match to aim for a draw. Clearly, we're no longer in the days of Hanif Mohammad:

337 v WI at Bridgetown, 1957-58. West Indies scored 579. Pakistan responded with 106 all out. Followed on with three days remaining in the match. And Hanif played his marathon knock.

YOu are right... It will suit Pakistan....

112 the lead- the pitch looks flat guys- we are still ok-- just need Kaneria to get his length again from this end which is with the wind

TheSaint said:
Rameez is talking about Akmal and his place in the side- says if we win we keep the winning side - otherwise get Zulqarnain in - thats what the usual safe-thinking selectors do

they are to reactive, need to be proactive...

Danish replaces Sami, all three of the front line bowlers deserve applause for the effort.

Danish bowling better from this end

spoke too soon-- rank long-hop for 4 over midwicket :)))

SA lower order making runs, tail stil left and they will do their wagging.

we need some breakthroughs right now

TheSaint said:
112 the lead- the pitch looks flat guys- we are still ok-- just need Kaneria to get his length again from this end which is with the wind

the pitch looks flat, But Sa knows how to get the bounce out of this pitch.. And Pakistani batsman are awfull against bounce... it wud only take 3 good balls to get moyo, inzi and younis ,, rest will play reckless shots...

Ntini is the only one who will be a major threat with the new ball- rest can be negotiated on this wicket I hope--- and pray too!!

TheSaint said:
Ntini is the only one who will be a major threat with the new ball- rest can be negotiated on this wicket I hope--- and pray too!!

well, Ntini almost never hit the stumps, Just dont plat him at all..

Noman said:
we havent lost the match, Akmal has made it very difficult for us..

I didnt say we lost the match...

Akmal is helping us lose it. First trying to hook the last ball of the day when an over ago you lost your 1 down batsmen..

Then dropping sitters all day..

If pakistan don't win this after bowling us out for 129...I imagine there are going to be a lot of angry that side I'm sure...you never going to have a better chance ....

Kaneria round the wicket is a negative ploy I feel-- maybe just trying the exploit the rough but both these guys are good against spinners

Akmal doent have the right movement... He have to come up with the bounce..

Kamran turning to a Parthiv Patel. it is mainly because of him we lost the chance to take a series victory in Australia..

Noman said:
well, Ntini almost never hit the stumps, Just dont plat him at all..
Easier said then done my friend!!
But he actually does have a very awkward in-cutter from wide-off the crease and when it keeps going straight it is difficult to negotiate

Mohammad Hafeez to Boucher, no run, Akmal drops another one! tossed up and this one turned back in sharply, Boucher defends on the back-foot and the ball clips the inside edge and goes behind but Akmal fails to hold on to a fairly easy chance. He is clearly having a tough time out there .....

One time, he was plumb in front off Asif and now Akmal dropped another dolly and this time it was not even a wily Danish K but it was simple off spin and Kamran missed another chance!

TheSaint said:
Easier said then done my friend!!
But he actually does have a very awkward in-cutter from wide-off the crease and when it keeps going straight it is difficult to negotiate

I know its difficult,, But I really think that 90% delieveries are above the stumps. Pakistan hasnt helped them by Playing aggresive against him..
How cud Asif survive so many balls against him, asif was leaving him, Yes I know he got out to him in the end, but Asif was doing the right think by watching the ball if it coming onto the stumps to block it and if it was just a but short, leave it.....

YOu have to have a method to play against ntinit which PAkistan batsman havent shown..

this is setting up for a cracker of a game....1 wicket puts pakistan right back on top though...

Ntini thinks 200 ahead will be enough....

:13:

For me Pak are still the side that are dominating play - SA are by no means safe.

Just that crucial breakthrough required.

the zim fucking commentator saying inzi was lucky that he doesnt had to face the new ball..

Oxy said:
For me Pak are still the side that are dominating play - SA are by no means safe.

Just that crucial breakthrough required.

You are right,, but u never no with Pak,

Noman said:
I know its difficult,, But I really think that 90% delieveries are above the stumps. Pakistan hasnt helped them by Playing aggresive against him..
How cud Asif survive so many balls against him, asif was leaving him, Yes I know he got out to him in the end, but Asif was doing the right think by watching the ball if it coming onto the stumps to block it and if it was just a but short, leave it.....

YOu have to have a method to play against ntinit which PAkistan batsman havent shown..
Only bowler i can think of who had 10% or more balls within the stumps was Waqar -rest are all in the same boat-90% or more above the stumps

I think in the second inning...
the line up shud be like..
Farhat.
Hafees
Younis
MOYO
and inzi...
Hammed nr 6

pakistan bowlers really need to improve their fitness
they get tired too quickly

Zimb Pommy Bhangrawala said "I feel Pakistan has played fantastically well, especially Inzy, and then in the 2nd innings without their strike bowler".

they aren't always biased, they do give credit when its due...

but yes sometimes a bit too one sided commentary

Cool it boss. We're still ahead here. No need for frustration. We are a bowler short, and to still have the saffies on their knees in no mean feat alright?!

Back