2nd Test: Pakistan vs South Africa @ Port Elizabeth (Day 3)

Knowing Pakistani batting and their record against SA , I think 150 is enough .. Pakistani choking record against Saffies started way back in Faisalalabad where Pakistan could not chase 130 odd in 4 th innings and got bundled out for less than 100 .. Partnership of 72 ..With solid contribution from Akmal and Umpires

Last edited:
Cricinfo: Surprisingly Inzi seems to be doing nothing to prevent the flow of singles.

Oxy said:
For me Pak are still the side that are dominating play - SA are by no means safe.

Just that crucial breakthrough required.
Of course, one wicket and we are into the tail.

TheSaint said:
Only bowler i can think of who had 10% or more balls within the stumps was Waqar -rest are all in the same boat-90% or more above the stumps

You have a point, but still I think Pakistani batsman make ntini better than he is... Look how inzi played him and how moyo was playing him..
Hameed, farhat and hafees wasnt playing him with the right way..

TEA - Hope Asif & Sami get some good snacks to refuel the tanks and whet the appetite for wickets

Oh well, looks like we have messed up a real golden chance to level the series.

Once the lead hits 150, that will be way too much for our boys. Looking for a scapegoat right now - Akmal needs to be dropped for the next test.

shoaib said:

Once the lead hits 150, that will be way too much for our boys. Looking for a scapegoat right now - Akmal needs to be dropped for the next test.
I didn't know you have a crystal ball, how much did it cost you?

shoaib said:

Akmal need a rest.. we shud keep him in the odi, because of his batting...

let me help you guys with some info on whats to come for S.A...

Hariss......good eye....smacks the odd 4 then gets out....cant stick around or play spinners...

Nel ...good eye...similiar to harris but can stick around for a hile...improving all the time...you can back him to get 10-20 runs..

Ntini ....will probably hit 1 maybe 2 6's then get caught out on the boundry off the spinners.....

all in all the tail is good for no more than 20-30 runs on average....not a good tail.....so 1 wichet here and the lead should be much more than 150 .....

I really think S.A need the psychological factor of 200 ...150-200 just wont be enough on this pitch.....

Noman said:
Akmal need a rest.. we shud keep him in the odi, because of his batting...

he had a great start to his batting career.. but LATELY what has he done for PK with the bat?

last ball of the day.. gave his wicket for free..

Inzi said 200 is chaseable and Shoaib is out for 2 weeks on doctors advice- I don't know how doctors can say that on a soft-tissue injury- My 10+ years as a physician have been wasted!! Bo**ocks I say- hamstrings are not easy to confirm and Shaoib knows that I am sure I smell a rat- used to have a pony-tail till recently!! Although I can assure you all I support all our players but this is just too much.

saffer said:

Hariss......good eye....smacks the odd 4 then gets out....cant stick around or play spinners...

Nel ...good eye...similiar to harris but can stick around for a hile...improving all the time...you can back him to get 10-20 runs..

Ntini ....will probably hit 1 maybe 2 6's then get caught out on the boundry off the spinners.....

all in all the tail is good for no more than 20-30 runs on average....not a good tail.....so 1 wichet here and the lead should be much more than 150 .....

I really think S.A need the psychological factor of 200 ...150-200 just wont be enough on this pitch.....

Younis, Yousuf and Inzy are in FORM... 200 should not be hard..

TheSaint said:
Inzi said 200 is chaseable and Shoaib is out for 2 weeks on doctors advice- I don't know how doctors can say that on a soft-tissue injury- My 10+ years as a physician have been wasted!! Bo**ocks I say- hamstrings are not easy to confirm and Shaoib knows that I am sure I smell a rat- used to have a pony-tail till recently!! Although I can assure you all I support all our players but this is just too much.
I thought he had a tear?

so if it a tear, than how long?

if its just hurt/swollen/soft tear? how long?

DotCom said:
he had a great start to his batting career.. but LATELY what has he done for PK with the bat?

last ball of the day.. gave his wicket for free..

well, he hasnt done anything speciel, but still he is very talented and just because he has having a bad patch i doesnt mean we shud drop him full....

But if the new keeper score runs and take all the catches than he can be consider in odi matches.

if kaneria aint spinning it then harris wont do any good on this pitch

we will have to see ntini off and openers must stick around for at least 10-15 overs

DotCom said:
Younis, Yousuf and Inzy are in FORM... 200 should not be hard..

its shod not be hard, but pressure do alot of things to even the greats..

DotCom said:
I thought he had a tear?

so if it a tear, than how long?

if its just hurt/swollen/soft tear? how long?
Tears can be 6-12 weeks but that would have shown up on an Ultrasound or MR scan. Otherwise its just your word against mine.

saffer said:

thanks bro :19:

we just need to get the saffies out today, so our bowlers can rest for next few days

sure....if S.A have any chance they need to get those 3 out cheapish....

200 shouldnt be hard...S.A have chased 2 scores over 200 recently with ease....but if pakistan are 50 for 3 or something like that...I think they pollock will come on and strangle them with pressure....and they will start to fall.....S.A have been doing to to teams at home for years...

SA is right back in to the game thanks to Akmal. he should be dropped for next game even if we win this test.

The wicket is flat, however Ntini will be the danger for his excessive bounce.

Really need an early wicket after tea, otherwise it could be a long session for a tired Pak bowling lineup.

Anyway - Asif and Sami need a second wind from somehere and Inzi & Bob need to provide it to them in this break-- no point in crying over Shoaib and his fitness.

Game is interestingly poised. SA is already 136 ahead at the stage. If they can get it around 200 then they would have given themself more than a decent chance. Firstly they have given their bowlers something to bowl at. Secondly they would have pushed the game beyond Day 3 which would mean Pakistan will need to Bat on Day 4 pitch plus Akhtar may or may not come out to bat.

Just a thought on umpiring. Boucher was clearly plumb but not given and it may turn out to be a key factor in this game. A while ago, When Indians were playing SA there were about 15-20 decisions going against them and hardly anything going against Saffies. Now I don't believe that umpires out there are biased. Infact, for India vs SA we had Rauf form Asia umpiring those matches. But then why is it that countries like Aus and SA are always beneficiary of umpiring decisions and Countries like India, Pak and SL are always on the receiving end ... Just a thought to ponder.

we badly need wickets here just like last session. If we can get one of them then the job will be easy.

man...i should have gone to the cricket....beautiful day....some nice eye candy in the ground too(bikini's and good cricket)....but I thought south africa would have lost by now......

how wrong I was...

pollock and boucher......doing their thing again.....but how long can it last ? they need at least another 50 runs together to make this a game..

now that we have lost this test, i reckon it will be a clean sweep.

inzi matey, if you ever had any thoughts of staying beyond the world cup, then this series will be the proverbial nail in the coffin

shan said:
and 4. 281/6 game going away

i wudnt say it is

They are 141-6

I would back us to chase 200 and even a bit more than that - obviously the sooner we break this partnership the better BUT no need to slit the wrists just yet

When Kallis got out, I seriously thought we were going to finish it off, but these two....UFF!

I feel we need to attack all out- this run saving business and spread out fields are not going to do it for us

143/6

Just need one wicket, boys. Just one.

shoaib said:

inzi matey, if you ever had any thoughts of staying beyond the world cup, then this series will be the proverbial nail in the coffin

:))) :))) :)))

what a mong

shoaib said:

:))) You're a funny guy.

TheSaint said:
I feel we need to attack all out- this run saving business and spread out fields are not going to do it for us

was thinking in the same lines.

yeah guys...relax....200 realistically wont even be enough to stop you .....we really need 250...but that's asking a bit much I think....but who knows...the bowlers starting to look tired.

Gone - Kaneria gets Pollock. Caught and bowled you beauty !

YESSSSSSSSSS GO DANNI GOT POLLOCK CAUGHT AND BOWLED! well done dani

shan said:
285/6 SA looking good we need wickets here.

Shan, stop saying the same thing again and again and again. You sound like a broken record player - ok !

Kaneria showing his Bollywood roots.... he looked like Hritick for a second

If Asif isn't tried bring him now! Or if he is, then bring Sami in! One of these two must be bowling to get rid of the tail.

I think Hafeez bowled to change ends.

We are into the tail now, I hope we get them quickly. Inshah-Allah.

Kaneria has made my day--what a nice little jig-dance number after catching Pollock- very subtle - Dani take a bow- you are showing some class!!

Noman, I will delete every one your posts where you just post smilies. If you have nothing to say, then dont bother posting.

saffer said:
yeah guys...relax....200 realistically wont even be enough to stop you .....we really need 250...but that's asking a bit much I think....but who knows...the bowlers starting to look tired.

You really dont know the pakistani mentality. They go out there thinking only 200 to get, easy, i'll blast my way to that score...before you know it 3 or 4 wickets down and downhill form there on.

Geordie Ahmed said:
i wudnt say it is

They are 141-6

I would back us to chase 200 and even a bit more than that - obviously the sooner we break this partnership the better BUT no need to slit the wrists just yet

and its 144-7

we are still in the driving seat - if we can get them for under 200 im confident we can chase that BUT hopefully now that we have broken this partnership we can end their innings asap

Wow looked like Nel was caught by slip, but not given by Billy "Stevie Wonder" Doctrove

Back