3 Pakistani cricketers in Gautam Gambhir’s World XI that he played against

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
An interesting squad he’s picked. Given that he values real match winners a lot, so these are the guys he thinks were the biggest match winners he played against.

Adam Gilchrist (wikkie)
Mathew Hayden
AB de Villiers
Brian Lara
Andrew Symonds
Inzamam ul Haq
Abdul Razzaq
Muttiah Muralitharan
Shoaib Akhtar
Morne Morkel
Andrew Flintoff

Notable omissions :-

Ponting, Afridi, KP, Hussey, Gayle, McCullum, Sangakkara

Last edited by a moderator:
Indians of a certain age always rate Inzi quite highly both as a person and a player.

However modern Indians don't appreciate his greatness.

An interesting squad he’s picked. Given that he values real match winners a lot, so these are the guys he thinks were the biggest match winners he played against.

Adam Gilchrist (wikkie)
Mathew Hayden
AB de Villiers
Brian Lara
Andrew Symonds
Inzamam ul Haq
Abdul Razzaq
Muttiah Muralitharan
Shoaib Akhtar
Morne Morkel
Andrew Flintoff

Right about Inzi and Razzaq, could have replaced Shoaib with Asif

Indians of a certain age always rate Inzi quite highly both as a person and a player.

However modern Indians don't appreciate his greatness.

We, the children of the 90s remember that it was impossible to get Inzy bhai out. Only funny run outs, hit wickets, ball handling etc could get him out.

Adam Gilchrist (wikkie)
Mathew Hayden
AB de Villiers
Brian Lara
Andrew Symonds
Inzamam ul Haq
Abdul Razzaq
Muttiah Muralitharan
Shoaib Akhtar
Morne Morkel
Andrew Flintoff

I’m surprised he didn’t pick Misbah ul Haq

@Major

I’m surprised he didn’t pick Misbah ul Haq

@Major
Solid batsman and an even better homo (sapien) but with all due respect he wasn’t a match winner and we all know how Gautam Gambhir approaches the game.

Because Misbah scored runs in ICC tournaments and Inzimam usually failed

This is why Rizwan>>>Inzimam at number 4 too
You will see the entire career and ability of to adapt. Misbah was no where near Inzzy in both aspects. Yes, Inzzy was not good in tournaments, but over all, it's ridiculous to compare Inzzy with Misbah.

Misbah woulnd't even attempt to chase run a ball scores in ODI, that's my recollection. He would play at 3-4 runs per over and let askign rate climb and then hit few shots when game is totally lost. That was majority of games. I know some one will come with some counter examples, but I am talking about majority of games. Misbah had very limited ability and shouldn't be compared with Inzzy.

You will see the entire career and ability of to adapt. Misbah was no where near Inzzy in both aspects. Yes, Inzzy was not good in tournaments, but over all, it's ridiculous to compare Inzzy with Misbah.

Misbah woulnd't even attempt to chase run a ball scores in ODI, that's my recollection. He would play at 3-4 runs per over and let askign rate climb and then hit few shots when game is totally lost. That was majority of games. I know some one will come with some counter examples, but I am talking about majority of games. Misbah had very limited ability and shouldn't be compared with Inzzy.
But Rizwan is better than Inzimam at number 4 don’t you think?

Why in the world anyone will pick Misbah over Inzzy. Inzzy was in different league when compared to Misbah.

Major rates Misbah over Inzy in white ball cricket.
This thread is a good read if you ever need comic relief:

Surprised he hasn’t picked Ajmal as he said Ajmal was the toughest pak bowler he faced. But tbf, it’s a pretty decent list overall

Surprised he hasn’t picked Ajmal as he said Ajmal was the toughest pak bowler he faced. But tbf, it’s a pretty decent list overall
The one bowler who had his number was Mohammad Asif

He debuted in the 2006 ODI series and struggled massively against Asif. Asif also removed him early in the first game of the 2007 T20 World Cup.

The one bowler who had his number was Mohammad Asif

He debuted in the 2006 ODI series and struggled massively against Asif. Asif also removed him early in the first game of the 2007 T20 World Cup.
Agreed, but he’s too proud to admit it.

Misbah isn't even that bad. He's a good onfield captain, A great captain for defending low totals, his understanding of test game is next level, and he's a pretty decent test batter.

It's just dude is clueless on team building and leading and is one of the most irritating batters to watch.

Never had any issues qith him until I found out people view Misbah as Jesus.

Because Misbah scored runs in ICC tournaments and Inzimam usually failed

This is why Rizwan>>>Inzimam at number 4 too

Apart from 1992, what ICC tournaments did Inzamam score in?

Back