3rd ODI: Pak A vs. Aus A thread

no i meant like cricinfo and other sites, there is some kind on pcb website but there are no updates other then the full squda names.

jalex382 said:
no i meant like cricinfo and other sites, there is some kind on pcb website but there are no updates other then the full squda names.

check again- it has been updated!

teams

Australia A
PA Jaques
BJ Hodge
JR Hopes
CL White
MJ North
SR Watson
MEK Hussey
ML Lewis
NW Bracken
CD Hartley
SR Clark

sub- Daniel Cullen

Pakistan A

Salman Butt
Hasan Raza
Imran Farhat
Bazid Khan
Zulqarnain Haider
Ashar Zaidi
Faisal Iqbal
Mohammad Asif
Umar Gul
Mohammad Sami
Yasir Arafat

Sub- Tahir Khan

Great catch! from round the wicket, pitches it short of a good length and bit wide outside off and moves further away, tries to chases that one, edges it to keeper, Zulqarnain dives full length towards his left and takes a brilliant catch

-For Norths Wicket!

Watson has started off positively 8 off 4 balls so far. His first ball, he hit for 4.

Last edited:
seems like phil jaques has been a class apart from all aussie batsmen on this tour!
he shud replace hayden in test side asap!

Amjid Javed said:
seems like phil jaques has been a class apart from all aussie batsmen on this tour!
he shud replace hayden in test side asap!

he also had a good county season.

Why would they sub sami, even b4 they have finshed bowling out 50 overs, they need him at the death. I think this sends a strong message to sami and all of us, he might be in trouble and it is about time. Since when do you sub your international strike bowler in a 'A team match'. Even these unknown aussies can put 'MR. 6 runs per over' away with ease.

Naz said:
Why would they sub sami, even b4 they have finshed bowling out 50 overs, they need him at the death. I think this sends a strong message to sami and all of us, he might be in trouble and it is about time. Since when do you sub your international strike bowler in a 'A team match'. Even these unknown aussies can put 'MR. 6 runs per over' away with ease.

Jacques was taking him apart. He was giving him too many 4 balls.

Could it be that this is a good batting strip ? Can we hold off before castigating our bowlers !

Jacques has started slogging the part time spinner.. Butt.

150 up in the 32nd over.

Jacques into the 90s.

MenInGreen said:
Could it be that this is a good batting strip ? Can we hold off before castigating our bowlers !

I aint castigating him..Jacques found him to his liking.The others didnt.

Whats new??? MIG, 5 wides and 2 no balls in just a five over spell can never be controlled by the quailty of wicket. Also the fact that he is yet again going for 6 runs an over when no one else is, tells a story. For someone of his international experience, this is just plain embarrasing for him, especially in front of all his unexperienced and young peers bowling such as gul etc. He shoulfd be leading the way, not giving examples of 'how not to bowl'.

32.4 - tossed up, driven in the air to long-on, yasir Arafat dropped it

Off Supersubs bowling.

32.6 -arm ball, outside off, tries to drive it by using his feet, beats, bat and keeper on the way to third man fence, another chance goes down, was a stumping chance!

toonboy_awaisyboy™ said:
I aint castigating him..Jacques found him to his liking.The others didnt.

It was a general comment - not aimed at you at all - apologies if it sounded like that !

Naz said:
Whats new??? MIG, 5 wides and 2 no balls in just a five over spell can never be controlled by the quailty of wicket. Also the fact that he is yet again going for 6 runs an over when no one else is, tells a story. For someone of his international experience, this is just plain embarrasing for him, especially in front of all his unexperienced and young peers bowling such as gul etc. He shoulfd be leading the way, not giving examples of 'how not to bowl'.

All bowlers have a bad day or spell - McGrath to Sami - its the same.

Is Tahir Samis replacement - what kind of bowler is he ?

a bit of slogging happening now.... maybe 250 was a under estimate bymyself - 270 at this rate.

250 could still happen, gul and yasir still got about 5 overs

to bowl between them... its gonna be a hard chase even if its 250...

currently 219/6 off 43.3 overs - scoreboard stalled. Butt middle of his last over 6 runs scored so far off it.

Last edited:
Butt finishes with 1/48 off his 10 overs.

Asif back into the attack and concedes 6 runs off his over.

232/6 off 45th over.

Last edited:
expensive final over 13 runs conceded.

273/7 off 50 overs

Arafat goes for 2/60 off his 10 overs.

innings closed.

274 to win

No Malik.

But Butt (being experienced in internationals now compared with the others) opening, will he able to match Malik in terms of scoring heavy in this series..??

Last edited:
Sounds like its a good batting track...Salu HAS to play well....surley a century....He did it against India IN India...why can't he do it at home against an 'A' team.

yk said:
Sounds like its a good batting track...Salu HAS to play well....surley a century....He did it against India IN India...why can't he do it at home against an 'A' team.

Because he only scores runs against India.

crowd was good in the second match but then it was a sunday dunno about today am at work

desired said:
crowd was good in the second match but then it was a sunday dunno about today am at work

I only saw last 5 overs of the Aus A innings today but once or twice camera did go to the crowd and around 2 to 3 stands were full.

Back