3rd Test: 4th Day scoreboard and discussion thread [26/03/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
inzi taking the new ball - dont know if thats a good idea as sami was using the old ball well.

I think they should have continued playing with old ball, that was good for Sami and Kaneria.

It backfired straightaway.....................and worst part is that Razzaq is coming back :-(

***.....he dropped that.....?????????????????????
do we want to win here?

Awesome Anjum said:
I feel Afridi should be brought on. Any thoughts DM ?
Yes, i agree. Especially now with the new ball, he'd get some swing on the quicker one too!

I feel he deserves to add another wicket to his name, he bowled well yesterday. Kaneria's had a gluttonous slice of the tail and his figures look a lot better than they did at the start of play today and I feel that Sami deserves a wicket first and foremost, but Afridi should be given a chance too.

oh come on Kamran you have to catch those

razaq injued....great stuff from IMz.....take the new ball and give it to Kaneria and not afardi who can be more useful with the new ball....great thinking!!

inzi is a damn idiot- he never should have taken the new ball !!!

kashif- u don't have to call him an idiot. Show some respect.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

just catch the ball come on

that decsion to take the new ball may have cost us the match.....ser stupid....no logic....Inz is 100% responsible for this.....drop catch or not...a new ball will cost runs....its as simple as that......

Although Kamran dropped one but is till think it was Inzi's mistake to take the new ball because Danish was bowling well and Sami was getting reverse swing.

syed- the point is it wouldn't have cost anything had the fielders taken the catches!

Or is it Inzi's fault that they dropped catches?

this is getting annoying, i think with every ball now, the game is slippin gout of our hands

I think its not the runs but the time - the runs can be made in double quick time but the time is more important for Pak...

we are having far too many appeals turned down for my liking. Anyone watching?

Most of the time my problem with Inzi's captaincy is that when things are NOT going well, he tries nothing different. But today when we had taken 3 wickets cheaply with the old ball he decides to change something and take the new ball!! "Things going our way, why I need to show I am the capatain!" What the heck was he thinking. Some poor catching and decisions are adding to my frustration now. Arrrgghhhh!!

Agreed Taha, I'd love to see ASHRIDI!!!

catches can be dropped with the new or old ball.....however the old ball is harder to get away....the new ball costs runs...its a simple as that.....and thats whats happening!!!!

And the new ball moves quicker through air, seams off the pitch and bounces harder.....end of the day they are their own worst enemies..two catches dropped!!

why arshad khan instead of afridi???Inzi has something against afridi definately

Inzi :

Mistake 1: taking the new ball
Mistake 2: not using afridi
Mistake 3: hasnt made it yet but i'm sure it's coming.

this partnership has killed us!!!

Afridi!!!! Where are you?!

I've always thought that Inzi had somethign against his inclusion in the team. Perhaps i'm wrong, or perhaps it had something to do with their scuffle earlier this week?

seriously i'm sick of seing inzi as captain- he's a great batsmen - but he just isn't captain material !!!!

I agree Inzi makes bad decision after bad decision and he does not learn

arshad has bowled 26 bowlers- i don't thinki recall him ever looking threathening !!!

y can't kaneria get kumble?? wats so hard about that wicket? is he going to get another century before taking his wicket?

This happened the last match too, Harbhajan and Kumble were the irritants then. Yes, Afridi would've been the smart choice.

It's obviously Inzi's plan :J

Tire Kumble out so that he'll be tired bowling to us in our innings.

Inzi doen't remember how well kumble played danish before.

123.4 Danish Kaneria to Kumble, FOUR, wide outside the off stump, Kumble
leans forward and drives it on the up, ball races away to the
cover boundary, another excellent shot

Inzi gone nuts!

Whatever happens afridi wont get a bowl today unfortunately.We cant run through the tail anymore.

Well I'm really beginning to feel that Inzi is not playing Afridi because of that fight they had.

Look guys - the new ball decision was taken for a reason - Inzi gambled - we dropped 2 chances - what do u want him to do now? Sometimes as fans we should give people a break. Personally I think we should drop Akmal and YK...

100% responsibility should be blamed on the captain.....taking that new ball has cost us the match......it was so obv it was a bad decision .....drop catch or not....the old ball was not gong for runs.....

Now let's forget about a result....oh WAIT we might collapse in 2nd inning X) X) X) . What a way to throw away after all that domination.

There were four very close lbw shouts against Kumble of Kaneria but all of them were turned down by Billy Bowden and the Pakistan captain and vice captain had a long chat in the middle with Billy regarding this
Kumble provided resilient support to Laxman and forged a 50 run partnership which might be one of the turning points in the game
Its been a good session for India after Pakistan almost bundled them out quickly in the first half an hour sending back Pathan, Harbhajan and Balaji in quick succession

Billy Bowden probably tried to make up for a bad decision against Balaji???

MenInGreen said:
Look guys - the new ball decision was taken for a reason - Inzi gambled - we dropped 2 chances - what do u want him to do now? Sometimes as fans we should give people a break. Personally I think we should drop Akmal and YK...

MiG this isn't one bad descision by Inzi - it's a series of way too many poor decisians that have cost us big!!!

I, along with many other fans are just sick of Inzi as captain !!!

Kashif, I am sick of seeing Inzi's captaincy too. He is our best batsmen, but he is NOT even remotely a good captain.

Arshad was crap last time I remember seeing him and he is crap now.

simple fact is catches win matches, and we drop catches at crucial stages everytime

Well pakistan lost its lead its over now

50 run partnership i knew this was gonna happen i knew kumble was gonna do something
400-9 now this
i swear pakistan
im so pissed off right now

I think Afridi will have to be bowled after the break. It would reveal Inzi's agenda (if he had one) otherwise.

And now that India are close to Pakistan's total, and we don't have much time to win, Afridi's batting is going to be the embodiment of Chaos.

This blows man....I knew it was too good to be true....when wicket number 7,8 and 9 Fell.

Hi guys just come on now! I cant believe Shahid hasnt bowled yet! DM What did i say yesterday about Inzi and him underusing Shahid! Hes done it again today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

syd_pak said:
100% responsibility should be blamed on the captain.....taking that new ball has cost us the match......it was so obv it was a bad decision .....drop catch or not....the old ball was not gong for runs.....

It was a bad decision in hindsight - if we had held 2 catches, no one would complain

Runs arent the problems on this pitch - time is more important. Inzi took the gamble in the hope that we would get more time to set a target - its backfired not because of the runs but the time allowed to India.

As ever, Inzi cannot be faulted on mistakes of the fielders - that is simply unfair.

Raz said:
Hi guys just come on now! I cant believe Shahid hasnt bowled yet! DM What did i say yesterday about Inzi and him underusing Shahid! Hes done it again today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't like to be suspicious but it is odd isn't it?!

It is! After all what Shahid has done with the ball, over the past year and Inzi still doesnt bowl him today! Unbelieveble!

MenInGreen said:
syd_pak said:

It was a bad decision in hindsight - if we had held 2 catches, no one would complain

Runs arent the problems on this pitch - time is more important. Inzi took the gamble in the hope that we would get more time to set a target - its backfired not because of the runs but the time allowed to India.

As ever, Inzi cannot be faulted on mistakes of the fielders - that is simply unfair.
true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back