Afghanistan (148/6) defeat Australia (127) by 21 runs in the Super 8 clash of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

It took only next game for Afghans to win (almost) over Aus and forget Maxwell, amazing!
For some rank medicore teams that relies on the support of sweep shot can only dream of such feat.

Super happy for Afghanistan and many congrats to Afghan brothers!

Game Over!!! Bravo Afghanistan!! Mad scenes in the stadium. Love it!!

What a great revenge story this is. Same Maxwell stepped up. This time they did not drop Maxwell.

WHat a day in the history of Afghanistan cricket.... They have beaten Australia finally...No maxwell heroics this time.

Not if Australia beats India. And they will, it'll be a cold day in hell where I let Indian posters have the last laugh over me, I ain't letting India eliminate Australia in this cup.
Now Australia is under pressure. If it is an absolute final game Australia is a different beast. But if they are under pressure to go to next round they get into trouble. India ha knocked them out a few times. Last time in world T20 India knocked Australia out in quarter final.

This is so stupid. Only thing more humiliating would be if in CT 2025 Pakistan manage to beat Australia in an eliminator

Now Australia is under pressure. If it is an absolute final game Australia is a different beast. But if they are under pressure to go to next round they get into trouble. India ha knocked them out a few times. Last time in world T20 India knocked Australia out in quarter final.
I'm aware, but my dua will work, I believe it

Scarcely believable victory - Afghanistan won by 21 runs - despite committing so many mistakes under pressure. One of the most satisfying cricket matches I have ever seen on TV.

Afghanistan - is really not a minnow - not at least in T20's.

QF was a knockout. Not sure when was the last time any team, let alone India stopped them from going to the next round.

However with all my tantrums aside.

I'm very happy for Afghanistan. Unlike Pakistan these guys showed up, they worked hard, gelled as a unit, and played like a proper team this tournament.

Yes they lost to wi and India, it happens but they have played like a cheetah team. I'm very very proud of them.

I'm just stinging cause I wish it was England or SA. But glad to see all the players so happy.

QF was a knockout. Not sure when was the last time any team, let alone India stopped them from going to the next round.
2011 QF. sorry in 2016 in an absolute must win match in the group INdia beat them to finish 2nd in the table. Very similar to what we have now.

It might given that India has some brainless strategies of opening with Kohli and Rohit. Having Jadeja and Dube in the middle.
Doesn't matter. Kuldeep.and Bumrah will.eat these timid aussies

Afghanis probably did India a massive favor today. Hopefully India doesn’t lose by too big a margin to Australia now.

However with all my tantrums aside.

I'm very happy for Afghanistan. Unlike Pakistan these guys showed up, they worked hard, gelled as a unit, and played like a proper team this tournament.

Yes they lost to wi and India, it happens but they have played like a cheetah team. I'm very very proud of them.

I'm just stinging cause I wish it was England or SA. But glad to see all the players so happy.
I have no problem Afghanistan advancing at the expense of India. A team that has no infrastructure, no real funding, no proper cricket stadium. They have developed into a professional unit inspite of all the handicaps.

Now if Afghanistan can go on to give an epic phainty of sorts to the arrogant BD (and in extension all those viscious BD social media trolls) in their next game that will be icing on the cake for me.

An extremely satisfying evening, so far.

Probably after Shakib and Mahmudullah retire. BD need enthusiastic youngsters (not fatigued oldies).

You think current youngsters are better than shakib's glory days? I don't think so..as long as papon is gong in charge we will still be the laughing stock in cricket

I have no problem Afghanistan advancing at the expense of India. A team that has no infrastructure, no real funding, no proper cricket stadium. They have developed into a professional unit inspite of all the handicaps.
I'm very proud of them, I'm mad, but I am proud

Who would have thought that Afghanistan is gonna pull of an upset against Australia.

UvQ6ktL.png

India vs England SF loading. Winner of that game will take the cup.

Incredible from Afghanistan. Thoroughly well-deserved. Afghanistan aren't giant killers any more. They are giants in their own right.

This is why you never bowl first at Arnos Vale. Bat first venue.

Why would Marsh be dumb enough to bowl first knowing they have to face Afghan bowlers on this pitch while chasing ?

Did they underestimate Afghan bowling on these pitches?

This is why you never bowl first at Arnos Vale. Bat first venue.

Why would Marsh be dumb enough to bowl first knowing they have to face Afghan bowlers on this pitch while chasing ?

Did they underestimate Afghan bowling on these pitches?
I was shocked when they did that. They thought it was Ahmedabad, wankhede lol

Now the main question is...

Can India best Australia?
It doesn't matter that much. India already has very high NRR. But Afg vs BD is after Ind vs Aus. So.Afghans know their target NRR

Huh? I am loving Afghan victory. Well deserved and Afghan really is a good team. Only if they could play with the same intent against one particular team :)
They played with more intensity against India than Pakistan dud against either USA or Ireland. If only....

Why not? If you guys can beat Australia then Aus is out. I don't think SA the all time chokers can beat you in final or semi. That leaves only Eng and WI and both teams have been vulnerable in the tournament. You have bumrah that means opposition team plays with 16 overs when you guys have 20

You are selling your team short mate
I just don't like the side. So i expect them to falter. This is a predictable side. Australia loves predictable side.

Back