Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

No, we should judge his output since Jan 2024 because Arteta played him out of position in the first half of last season. His defensive work rate is great but he's not a midfielder.

Ollie Watkins is about to turn 29 and it's fair to say he was a late bloomer. I believe Havertz has a much higher ceiling. That's the difference.

Who cares about how he plays for Germany. I remember the FA cup game against Liverpool very well. It was his first game where he was tried as a centre forward for Arsenal and he was awful in front of goal. But since then he's scored 13 goals from xG of 13. You can't ask for much more than that.

Haaland has played 23 PL games up until now in 2024. Havertz has played 26 PL games during the same period.

The Norweigan is the better goal scorer but I don't think it's silly comparison at all.

Havertz played in all 10 of those games but again he started as a CF in Jan 2024. He only played the knockout games against FC Porto and Bayern Munich. Arsenal were collectively underwhelming against these two sides, where they only scored 3 goals in their 4 games.

He's played in both CL games this season and he scored a fine header against PSG. I know you'll say they're an average team but I'd still expect them to make it into the next round.

So how do you distinguish between two players who have scored the same (or similar) number of goals in the same (or similar) number of appearances?

As I was saying earlier, the game has changed. There is a focus on taller and bigger units playing as goal poachers. Back in the day it was different, there were more flair players playing upfront, so I get if Havertz doesn't excite you. The harsh truth is modern football is relatively dull.

Look I was in the same boat as you this time last year. I was bewildered when I heard we had signed him because firstly he was a depreciating asset at Chelsea. Despite this, Arsenal paid £65m for him and made him the highest paid player, as he's on almost £300k per week. But it's time to give some credit rather than clutch at straws with all these excuses. No one is saying he's near world class, let alone world class, but he's certainly exceeded our expectations. I have no shame in admitting this.

*So if Havertz doesn't excite you I get it

Agree. But I've never championed UTD managers for constantly failing. Ole, Ten hag. Jose I respected. In his Two years at UTD, he finished second, but won Two trophies. I feel he should have been backed.

You can post all the fairy tales you want about Arteta, bottom line is the more he fails, the worst your delusional symptoms become
1000094085.png
He won 3 if you ask Jose 😉

Can't believe the levels the Gooners have stooped to. Celebrating a bottle job

Can't believe the levels you went to celebrate the signing of Ugarte because according to you "bar Rodri, he's equal to Every other CDM". It's still early days but everyone is laughing at your club for how much money that's been spent on him.

Agree. But I've never championed UTD managers for constantly failing. Ole, Ten hag. Jose I respected. In his Two years at UTD, he finished second, but won Two trophies. I feel he should have been backed.

You can post all the fairy tales you want about Arteta, bottom line is the more he fails, the worst your delusional symptoms become
But who told you that Arteta is failing. Since when does finishing second become failing.

Arsenal will win the league under Arteta. It is a question of when not if. You are scared of admitting it but deep down even you know that it will happens

We Arsenal fans are every excited and happy to be a part of this journey and when it is finally done, the tears of haters like you will make it even sweeter.

Can't believe the levels you went to celebrate the signing of Ugarte because according to you "bar Rodri, he's equal to Every other CDM". It's still early days but everyone is laughing at your club for how much money that's been spent on him.

Early days regarding Ugarte.

Gooners spent 170million for Declan and Havertz , yet no silverware in sight

lol.

This may be you trying to add more silver were to Artetas already bare Trophy cabinet, by justifying a community shield as a ligit trophy
Your manager did.... Serial winner Jose did.

Just take a step back and reflect for a minute instead of waffling.

But who told you that Arteta is failing. Since when does finishing second become failing.

Arsenal will win the league under Arteta. It is a question of when not if. You are scared of admitting it but deep down even you know that it will happens

We Arsenal fans are every excited and happy to be a part of this journey and when it is finally done, the tears of haters like you will make it even sweeter.

When you win the league, il be first to congratulate you guys. Until then, im afraid its hot air like usual

Your manager did.... Serial winner Jose did.

Just take a step back and reflect for a minute instead of waffling.

Yes. But it's got be taken as a pinch of salt.

I'm sure Arteta would love to add the community shield to his collections

Yes. But it's got be taken as a pinch of salt.

I'm sure Arteta would love to add the community shield to his collections
Why though.... Jose serial winner celebrated it and told his players to. Why take it as a pinch of salt. You questioning Jose's mentality?

When you win the league, il be first to congratulate you guys. Until then, im afraid its hot air like usual
That is not the point. The point is that you don’t believe that Arsenal under Arteta will do it, and that reflects your ignorance and agenda.

No, we should judge his output since Jan 2024 because Arteta played him out of position in the first half of last season. His defensive work rate is great but he's not a midfielder.

Ollie Watkins is about to turn 29 and it's fair to say he was a late bloomer. I believe Havertz has a much higher ceiling. That's the difference.

Who cares about how he plays for Germany. I remember the FA cup game against Liverpool very well. It was his first game where he was tried as a centre forward for Arsenal and he was awful in front of goal. But since then he's scored 13 goals from xG of 13. You can't ask for much more than that.

Haaland has played 23 PL games up until now in 2024. Havertz has played 26 PL games during the same period.

The Norweigan is the better goal scorer but I don't think it's silly comparison at all.

Havertz played in all 10 of those games but again he started as a CF in Jan 2024. He only played the knockout games against FC Porto and Bayern Munich. Arsenal were collectively underwhelming against these two sides, where they only scored 3 goals in their 4 games.

He's played in both CL games this season and he scored a fine header against PSG. I know you'll say they're an average team but I'd still expect them to make it into the next round.

So how do you distinguish between two players who have scored the same (or similar) number of goals in the same (or similar) number of appearances?

As I was saying earlier, the game has changed. There is a focus on taller and bigger units playing as goal poachers. Back in the day it was different, there were more flair players playing upfront, so I get if Havertz doesn't excite you. The harsh truth is modern football is relatively dull.

Look I was in the same boat as you this time last year. I was bewildered when I heard we had signed him because firstly he was a depreciating asset at Chelsea. Despite this, Arsenal paid £65m for him and made him the highest paid player, as he's on almost £300k per week. But it's time to give some credit rather than clutch at straws with all these excuses. No one is saying he's near world class, let alone world class, but he's certainly exceeded our expectations. I have no shame in admitting this.

- the excuse he was played out of position, is a load of nonsense. He's played in midfield for leverkusen, Germany, Chelsea and Arsenal. Arteta signed him to play in midfield, you have to go back to 1st half of season where he was consistently played there. But now the excuse is those performances where he played like a freshly dropped turd can just be ignored. Also let's not pretend he isn't going to be used in midfield again, because he was at weekend. So excuse number 1 has zero substance or credibility to it. He's the highest paid player at club and only when he plays in certain position it counts? Absolutely nonsense. Same goes for any player trossard, partey or any other player playing in different positions.

- Whether havertz has so called higher ceiling due to being younger is irrelevant. The whole discussion is about players at this current point in time. So age and what a player does in 4 or 5 years etc.. has zero relevance to right now.

So what if rest of team was underwhelming, did the club pay 65M and 300k week wages for a player to be a ghost in these CL games or to make a difference? In the CL knockout stages chances are at a premium, this is where your elite or so called one top 10 strikers make a difference. Something havertz didn't. So again this excuse doesn't hold any substance.

1 goal vs PSG in league stage has zero relevance. Let's see what happens when it gets to knock out stages.

If two players have sane number of goals in similar amount of games, I look at who those goals came against, the impact of those goals. For example player A could have 16 goals in 25 games and vast majority have come against relegation fodder and teams in bottom half table teams. Striker B, goals are in title deciders, cup knock out games and games which have impact of teams success. Not being a flat track bully.

Players like betbatov at united, adebayor at Arsenal are prime examples of players who scored loads of goals in a single season but pretty much were feasting on lower half of league teams, and had zero impact in bigger important games in all competitions

Havertz played up front vs man city in community shield, had played up front for leverkusen, Germany and chelsea. So the excuse that missing 4 or 5 sitters vs liverpool was because its 1st game upfront for Arsenal is yet another poor excuse that doesn't watch. Havertz when it comes to missing sitters is same sort of level as lukaku.

Finally the so called "in top 10 in world" and this goes for everyone. Just performing in your domestic league only isn't a yardstick for being best in world. You need to perform in cup competitions, Europe (or the Asia, Africa, South American equivalent club competions) and internationally. Otherwise you can just pick the best 10 players with best domestic league stats which tells you nothing.

Best in world or in top 10 in world is exactly what it is "in the world"

"domestic is not the world"

The haaland comparison the fact, that penalties are being excluded 🤦‍♂️. What's next excluding goals scored with head or some other silly stipulation.

So there is no clutching at straws here, all uve done is list out a load of excuse, and used at justification for so called non-performance.

The one thing I will agree on, his performances have improved so yet credit goes there.

.But this so called same level as haaland, legend, world class, best striker in Europe etc..that this fan base is twerking for is hilarious. Seems like since a certain posters has said your now best mates, and he's always loved your posts, that the excuses he rambles out with have started to rub off you on.

Fair play for saying a player has performed better than you thought, but getting carried away as though he's elite is a completely different conversation.

Also let's not pretend he isn't going to be used in midfield again, because he was at weekend.
Zero ball knowledge exposed again. Arteta went with a 4-4-2 vs Southampton, not 4-2-3-1. You just saw an incorrect graphic on tv before kick off and assumed that he is playing as a CAM.

If you had watched the match properly and had any clue about football, you would have realized that he didn’t play in midfield.

Only agenda here is you worshipping a manager like some loved teenager with crush.

But but if your not meat-riding the manager your not a proper fan

But but you got an agenda 🤡🤡

Screenshot_20241008_104217_Chrome.jpg

That is not the point. The point is that you don’t believe that Arsenal under Arteta will do it, and that reflects your ignorance and agenda.

Facts back me up. Fifth season and one FA CUP to show for it. And don't keep on bringing up being also rans.

But, I will happily congrat all you Gooners, if Arteta manages to land the Premier league Title at the end of the season. However, if they don't, you need to come on here and admit Arteta is a serial Loser.

Facts back me up. Fifth season and one FA CUP to show for it. And don't keep on bringing up being also rans.

But, I will happily congrat all you Gooners, if Arteta manages to land the Premier league Title at the end of the season. However, if they don't, you need to come on here and admit Arteta is a serial Loser.
It's haram, and also you will get your cheerleader license and pom poms taken off you if you constructively criticise anything at this club.

Not winning anything is not seen as failure.

This is the brainwashing the kronkes have done to this fan base

Facts after you were fact checked.

Also why only PL? What if we only win the Carabao cup then what? not good enough?

Facts after you were fact checked.

Also why only PL? What if we only win the Carabao cup then what? not good enough?

According to Mamoon, Arteta is winning multiple titles in the coming seasons, I'm going with his delusional input and make my judgment on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arsenal will win the league under Arteta. It is a question of when not if. You are scared of admitting it but deep

You wrote Arteta will win the league 3 years ago , it’s not an ice cream on a Saturday afternoon, it’s the premier League, not guaranteed.

I’ll respond to your previous post here too , Emiry had the SAME success as Arteta last season , champions league qualification. Only you’re going to remember 2nd in 10 years . Emiry has won silverware , Arteta has won nothing in his managerial career !

Areta has spent more than any other manger since his arrival at Arsenal . Saliba & Saka the two best players were not signed by him . Everything is relative to which club , finances given , achievements.

Give Big Sam 600m & 5 years , he’d have finish top 4 too & win cups .

Arteta is 2nd highest paid manager in the world, £15 million a year & he’s won nothing ! Lol

You wrote Arteta will win the league 3 years ago , it’s not an ice cream on a Saturday afternoon, it’s the premier League, not guaranteed.

I’ll respond to your previous post here too , Emiry had the SAME success as Arteta last season , champions league qualification. Only you’re going to remember 2nd in 10 years . Emiry has won silverware , Arteta has won nothing in his managerial career !

Areta has spent more than any other manger since his arrival at Arsenal . Saliba & Saka the two best players were not signed by him . Everything is relative to which club , finances given , achievements.

Arteta is 2nd highest paid manager in the world, £15 million a year & he’s won nothing ! Lol
Wow truth bombs 💣 bring dropped.

Expect usual Copy paste bhangra essay in response.

According to Chief Gooner Mamoon, Arteta is winning multiple titles in the coming seasons, I'm going with his delusional input and make my judgment on that.

December 2023, he claimed Arteta was winning 2 titles in next 3 years

He's also guaranteed Arteta will win PL

Also haverz will win 3 PL titles by 2030 (which means if he's still at Arsenal, that's 3 titles out of next 5, including this season)

This fraud thinks these wild predictions aren't been recorded.

Mr "it's in the bag" will be on cricket forum during summer again licking his wounds

It is inevitable just like it was inevitable for Liverpool under Klopp. Arsenal is too good and Arteta is too good for it to not happen.

Let’s not talk about who said what 3-4 years ago. We all remember you claiming that Arteta would be sacked in 2020-2021 and that he’d never finish above Klopp.
If you don’t understand the difference between UCL qualification and fighting for the league, then you don’t understand football but I think we know that already.

Arsenal fans know better than most when it comes to the difference between UCL qualification and fighting for the title. For years, AW helped Arsenal qualify for the UCL and also won FA Cups but the fans were unhappy because Arsenal were not fighting for the title.

AW wouldn’t have been driven out of the club had he done in his last few years when Arteta is doing now.

As far as Emery is concerned, he doesn’t have the chops to manage big expectations. He failed at both PSG and Arsenal because the pressure was too high for him.

He thrives in jobs like Aston Villa, Villarreal, Sevilla etc. where he is the underdog and doesn’t have the pressure of winning the league/UCL.

Arteta is doing the job that Emery was appointed to do but he was not good enough to do so.
Wrong. Arsenal have spent less than United, Chelsea and City in the Arteta era.

United and Chelsea were in the UCL when Arteta took over while Arsenal were 8th, and look at them now.

City already had a world class team in 2019 and yet they have outspent Arsenal in this period, but it is Arsenal that closed the gap. This simply shows how brilliant Arteta is.

Arsenal would have been struggling like Chelsea and United today if they didn’t have a brilliant manager like Arteta.

Arteta brought Odegaard to the club for only £30m who is not worth more than £100m and one of best players in the world. He was the one who signed Gabriel who has forged the best defensive partnership with Saliba in the league.

He also brought in Partey, Rice, Havertz, Raya, White etc. who have helped Arsenal increase their level.

Arteta transformed Arsenal from rock-bottom into title contenders and you can’t do that by signing the right players.

Xhaka’s Arsenal career was almost over and he was not playing well before Arteta transformed him and now Alonso is feeding of his work. It is just another example of his excellence as a coach.

If my auntie had….

No one has ever considered Big Sam for a big club and no one trusts him with their money because he is not good enough to manage a big club.

Money doesn’t guarantee success as we have seen at other clubs, most notably United and Chelsea.

Secondly, a manager is only given time if the club is going in the right direction. Under Arteta, Arsenal have progressed each season. This is why the owners have kept faith in him. You have to earn time. It is not handed out in charity.
Wrong, again. He isn’t the 2nd highest paid manager in the world.

Moreover, the transformation that Arteta has overseen at Arsenal is much more significant than picking up domestic cups while not competing in the league.

Winning domestic cups don’t mask league failure. Every club in England except City would swap the last two seasons with Arsenal.

This is not accurate bro. Anyway i am staying out of this. Otherwise people start crying

According to Chief Gooner Mamoon, Arteta is winning multiple titles in the coming seasons, I'm going with his delusional input and make my judgment on that.
So is the FA Cup or Carabao cup on their own acceptable? I mean judging by your singing and dancing about cup wins its a simple enough question. In your opinion. Is winning 1 of the FA Cup or Carabao cup acceptable for Arsenal in your eyes?

So is the FA Cup or Carabao cup on their own acceptable? I mean judging by your singing and dancing about cup wins its a simple enough question. In your opinion. Is winning 1 of the FA Cup or Carabao cup acceptable for Arsenal in your eyes?

If it comes from a sensible Gooner then off course it is.

By that I mean not continuing to label Arteta as some kind of a Genius

If it comes from a sensible Gooner then off course it is.

By that I mean not continuing to label Arteta as some kind of a Genius
See I have a different opinion. If Arteta wins just the Carabao cup this season I would not deem it a success. Yes trophy is great etc and beggars cant be choosers and all that. However winning just the League cup would in my eyes be unacceptable.

Ye great - players get a trophy lift etc but if we don't win the league and just that I would not be happy and I certainly would not be rubbing it in rival fans faces. Guess my standards are higher than ex great clubs.

FA Cup is slightly better yes but again I would not be over the moon with just that. I want the big 1 anything else is just a good moment in the season. Achieving the big one after 38 games is a different feeling altogether.

See I have a different opinion. If Arteta wins just the Carabao cup this season I would not deem it a success. Yes trophy is great etc and beggars cant be choosers and all that. However winning just the League cup would in my eyes be unacceptable.

Ye great - players get a trophy lift etc but if we don't win the league and just that I would not be happy and I certainly would not be rubbing it in rival fans faces. Guess my standards are higher than ex great clubs.

FA Cup is slightly better yes but again I would not be over the moon with just that. I want the big 1 anything else is just a good moment in the season. Achieving the big one after 38 games is a different feeling altogether.

Well said, after 5 years in the job, 4 trophyless seasons. It's time to deliver title or in europe.

Plenty of fans want to use the klopp, fergie and other comparisons about giving manager time etc.. but reality is a manager at any big club would be expected to deliver one of the big two trophies at this stage of being at the club.

Real Madrid, bayern, barca, man city or any other team that fans think would take Arteta as manager, wouldn't even remotely put up with not winning league or CL for so long.

It is inevitable just like it was inevitable for Liverpool under Klopp. Arsenal is too good and Arteta is too good for it to not happen.

Let’s not talk about who said what 3-4 years ago. We all remember you claiming that Arteta would be sacked in 2020-2021 and that he’d never finish above Klopp.

If you don’t understand the difference between UCL qualification and fighting for the league, then you don’t understand football but I think we know that already.

Arsenal fans know better than most when it comes to the difference between UCL qualification and fighting for the title. For years, AW helped Arsenal qualify for the UCL and also won FA Cups but the fans were unhappy because Arsenal were not fighting for the title.

AW wouldn’t have been driven out of the club had he done in his last few years when Arteta is doing now.

As far as Emery is concerned, he doesn’t have the chops to manage big expectations. He failed at both PSG and Arsenal because the pressure was too high for him.

He thrives in jobs like Aston Villa, Villarreal, Sevilla etc. where he is the underdog and doesn’t have the pressure of winning the league/UCL.

Arteta is doing the job that Emery was appointed to do but he was not good enough to do so.

Wrong. Arsenal have spent less than United, Chelsea and City in the Arteta era.

United and Chelsea were in the UCL when Arteta took over while Arsenal were 8th, and look at them now.

City already had a world class team in 2019 and yet they have outspent Arsenal in this period, but it is Arsenal that closed the gap. This simply shows how brilliant Arteta is.

Arsenal would have been struggling like Chelsea and United today if they didn’t have a brilliant manager like Arteta.

Arteta brought Odegaard to the club for only £30m who is not worth more than £100m and one of best players in the world. He was the one who signed Gabriel who has forged the best defensive partnership with Saliba in the league.

He also brought in Partey, Rice, Havertz, Raya, White etc. who have helped Arsenal increase their level.

Arteta transformed Arsenal from rock-bottom into title contenders and you can’t do that by signing the right players.

Xhaka’s Arsenal career was almost over and he was not playing well before Arteta transformed him and now Alonso is feeding of his work. It is just another example of his excellence as a coach.

If my auntie had….

No one has ever considered Big Sam for a big club and no one trusts him with their money because he is not good enough to manage a big club.

Money doesn’t guarantee success as we have seen at other clubs, most notably United and Chelsea.

Secondly, a manager is only given time if the club is going in the right direction. Under Arteta, Arsenal have progressed each season. This is why the owners have kept faith in him. You have to earn time. It is not handed out in charity.

Wrong, again. He isn’t the 2nd highest paid manager in the world.

Moreover, the transformation that Arteta has overseen at Arsenal is much more significant than picking up domestic cups while not competing in the league.

Winning domestic cups don’t mask league failure. Every club in England except City would swap the last two seasons with Arsenal.

Same old rinse , repeat & try again .

I wrote Arteta has spent most of any Manager , not club . If you write out prescriptions, it’s important to read carefully.

Challenging means nothing if it’s regular . Eventually it will seem you dont have what it takes to win . Klopp example is poor , it was inevitable as. Klopp in his 2nd season went to CL final , 3rd won it , 4th then won the league . You can finish 3rd & win the league next season.

I agree Arteta is the goat at challenging in recent year but until he wins a major title , he’s not a winner but a runner up . You have no argument until he does , the more years pass the worse it looks for him .

This season Arteta wants to win anything, he’s going for domestic cups . I think Arsenal may win one of the two . The premiership will be tough , with injuries & although unbeaten , the defence looks more fragile this year .

Gone are the days when Arsenal fans were demanding silverware . Now the likes of you & aftv are acting like world beaters because you competed with Ciry for a couple of years lol

Rather then boring 😴 everyone with copy paste, rinse repeat essays.

Why not just publish your book

"Justifying failure of Arteta" a best selling bedtime story by bhangra cheerleader

I wrote Arteta has spent most of any Manager , not club . If you write out prescriptions, it’s important to read carefully.

Challenging means nothing if it’s regular . Eventually it will seem you dont have what it takes to win . Klopp example is poor , it was inevitable as. Klopp in his 2nd season went to CL final , 3rd won it , 4th then won the league . You can finish 3rd & win the league next season.

I agree Arteta is the goat at challenging in recent year but until he wins a major title , he’s not a winner but a runner up . You have no argument until he does , the more years pass the worse it looks for him .

This season Arteta wants to win anything, he’s going for domestic cups . I think Arsenal may win one of the two . The premiership will be tough , with injuries & although unbeaten , the defence looks more fragile this year .

Gone are the days when Arsenal fans were demanding silverware . Now the likes of you & aftv are acting like world beaters because you competed with Ciry for a couple of years lol

Arteta total spend 590 million

ETH total spend 600 million +

I wrote since his arrival until now .

Ten Haag acquired a mess . Arteta had 6/7 good players & spending so much to win nothing is poor .

Do you agree if he fails again , no silver ware he should stay ? We know he will due to new huge contract but do all fans agree & are happy to pay him another 5 years winning no major trophies?

Ten Haag acquired a mess . Arteta had 6/7 good players & spending so much to win nothing is poor .

Do you agree if he fails again , no silver ware he should stay ? We know he will due to new huge contract but do all fans agree & are happy to pay him another 5 years winning no major trophies?

These Gooners are happy with Kronkes Project of " Also Rans"

Ten hag definetly inherited a absolute mess. The Club was Rotten to the core.

However, majority of the signings that have been made under his managment have been abject failures so far.

But there's talk, he was not responsible for alot of these signings

Its good to add context when making statements.

I said it several times that if he does not win a major this season, as well as he has done it maybe time to move on from him as he'd have taken us as far as he can at that point.

Likely he stays lets be honest but thats my opinion. I don't think it makes him a bad coach but he tried and couldn't cross the line, many more experienced managers have had the same fate - there's no shame.

I think we have a good chance this season, made a good start considering the fixtures. Lets see what happens.

Ten hag definetly inherited a absolute mess. The Club was Rotten to the core.

However, majority of the signings that have been made under his managment have been abject failures so far.

But there's talk, he was not responsible for alot of these signings

The state & condition of the club is also a major factor when analysing a managers tenure .

Slot inherited a premier league winning squad & management , not to mention great facilities inc one of the best training grounds in the world. Klopp would have won the league imo but slot id give another year .

If you look at Artetas signings they are ok but no elite world class player. Klopp signed 3 who’d walk into premier league all time greatest xi for many .

But in 5 seasons spending half a billion net , no other club would tolerate a dusty trophy cabinet .

AJ is a rare Arsenal fan nowadays, it’s used to be the norm 20 years ago .

Well said, after 5 years in the job, 4 trophyless seasons. It's time to deliver title or in europe.

Plenty of fans want to use the klopp, fergie and other comparisons about giving manager time etc.. but reality is a manager at any big club would be expected to deliver one of the big two trophies at this stage of being at the club.

Real Madrid, bayern, barca, man city or any other team that fans think would take Arteta as manager, wouldn't even remotely put up with not winning league or CL for so long.
A club that is used to winning the league every year will not let a manager go without winning the league for four years.

However, Arsenal do not belong in the class of those clubs because Arsenal have not won the league in 20 years and let the standards drop so much that for a very long time, they only aimed for a top 4 and celebrated it like a trophy.

Arteta is the reason why Arsenal have raised the standards again and he is the reason why fans like yourself are now dreaming of winning the league again and getting upset over finishing second.

You would have been extremely happy with 89 points and two points off the league winners during the last few years of Wenger and also during Emery era, but suddenly this isn’t good enough for you and you have to thank Arteta for raising the level of expectations.

If Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, City etc. go 20 years without winning the league and having their standards hit rock bottom, they would also be patient with a manager who revives their standards and gets them challenging again after 20 years. A very simple concept that continues to sail over your head.

Same old rubbish and a very lame attempt at backtracking.

Firstly, you are still wrong. Pep has spent more money than Arteta because between December 2019 and today, Ciry have outspent Arsenal. I don’t know why this is so hard for you to comprehend. It is not rocket science.

Secondly, it is dumb to compare individuals managers by spending. Managers don’t sanction transfers, the club does.

If Arteta has outspent Chelsea and United managers in spite of Chelsea and United outspending Arsenal, then it simply means that no United and Chelsea manager in this period were good enough to stick for long. How is that Arteta’s problem?

The fact is that Arteta is far better than any manager that United and Chelsea have had in this period except Tuchel who was the only one at his level, and if Chelsea and United had a manager of Arteta’s caliber, they wouldn’t be in the situation that they are now.

A manager who stays in the job for 5 years and counting will obviously spend more money than a manager who couldn’t survive for 2 years. In other words, sky is blue. Do you want a cookie for stating the obvious?
Challenging means nothing if it’s regular . Eventually it will seem you dont have what it takes to win.
Arteta has not reached that point yet. It was only in 2022-23 that Arteta finally had a squad capable of winning the league, and two seasons of a near finish doesn’t imply that he doesn’t have what it takes to get Arsenal over the line. The progression and direction of travel indicates that he will get Arsenal over the line just like it did for Klopp who kept getting closer to winning the PL each year until he finally did.

However, there is one difference between Klopp and Arteta that ruined Klopp’s legacy quite a bit. He had two rubbish seasons (2020-21 & 2022-23) with a team that was capable of winning the league. I don’t think Arteta is going to underachieve with this Arsenal team like Klopp did with his Liverpool team in those two seasons.
Klopp example is poor , it was inevitable as. Klopp in his 2nd season went to CL final , 3rd won it , 4th then won the league . You can finish 3rd & win the league next season.
Addressed above.
What do people like you know anyway? Absolutely nothing. We all remember how you claimed that Arteta will be sacked in 2020.

We all remember how you claimed that Arsenal will never fight for top 4 under him, then you claimed Arsenal will not fight for the title under him and now you are claiming that Arsenal will not win the league under him.

The only lesson to learn here is that he keeps proving people like you wrong and you keep mixing the goalposts because you don’t have the courage and the integrity to raise your hand and accept that he proved you wrong and he is a far better manager than you think he was.
Who told you that he is prioritizing domestic cups this season? Did he phone you?

The priority will remain the same: win the Premier League and go really deep in the UCL. If Arsenal can win the domestic cups along the way, good. If not, that is okay, because winning domestic cups isn’t the goal.

Rest assured, Arsenal will not do an open bus parade like Liverpool for winning domestic cups. How embarrassing was that.

I don’t know if Arsenal will win the league this season or not, but what I’m certain of is that they will finish above Liverpool again, no matter how much you do Opta this and that all season.

Arteta is the reason why Arsenal fans are dreaming of winning the league again. Arteta is the reason why finishing 2nd feels disappointing.

The same fans who celebrated 75 points in the league and a top 4 finish were gutted last season when Arsenal ended up 2nd with 89 points.

Arsenal had forgotten what it takes to compete for the title and Arteta woke them up.

The state & condition of the club is also a major factor when analysing a managers tenure .

Slot inherited a premier league winning squad & management , not to mention great facilities inc one of the best training grounds in the world. Klopp would have won the league imo but slot id give another year .

If you look at Artetas signings they are ok but no elite world class player. Klopp signed 3 who’d walk into premier league all time greatest xi for many .

But in 5 seasons spending half a billion net , no other club would tolerate a dusty trophy cabinet .

AJ is a rare Arsenal fan nowadays, it’s used to be the norm 20 years ago .

if Slot leads Liverfools to the Premier league Title before Arteta, then that would burst the bubble for Kronkes Poodle Arteta, and his disciples

Same old rubbish and a very lame attempt at backtracking.

Firstly, you are still wrong. Pep has spent more money than Arteta because between December 2019 and today, Ciry have outspent Arsenal. I don’t know why this is so hard for you to comprehend. It is not rocket science.

Secondly, it is dumb to compare individuals managers by spending. Managers don’t sanction transfers, the club does.

If Arteta has outspent Chelsea and United managers in spite of Chelsea and United outspending Arsenal, then it simply means that no United and Chelsea manager in this period were good enough to stick for long. How is that Arteta’s problem?

The fact is that Arteta is far better than any manager that United and Chelsea have had in this period except Tuchel who was the only one at his level, and if Chelsea and United had a manager of Arteta’s caliber, they wouldn’t be in the situation that they are now.

A manager who stays in the job for 5 years and counting will obviously spend more money than a manager who couldn’t survive for 2 years. In other words, sky is blue. Do you want a cookie for stating the obvious?

Arteta has not reached that point yet. It was only in 2022-23 that Arteta finally had a squad capable of winning the league, and two seasons of a near finish doesn’t imply that he doesn’t have what it takes to get Arsenal over the line. The progression and direction of travel indicates that he will get Arsenal over the line just like it did for Klopp who kept getting closer to winning the PL each year until he finally did.

However, there is one difference between Klopp and Arteta that ruined Klopp’s legacy quite a bit. He had two rubbish seasons (2020-21 & 2022-23) with a team that was capable of winning the league. I don’t think Arteta is going to underachieve with this Arsenal team like Klopp did with his Liverpool team in those two seasons.

Addressed above.

What do people like you know anyway? Absolutely nothing. We all remember how you claimed that Arteta will be sacked in 2020.

We all remember how you claimed that Arsenal will never fight for top 4 under him, then you claimed Arsenal will not fight for the title under him and now you are claiming that Arsenal will not win the league under him.

The only lesson to learn here is that he keeps proving people like you wrong and you keep mixing the goalposts because you don’t have the courage and the integrity to raise your hand and accept that he proved you wrong and he is a far better manager than you think he was.

Who told you that he is prioritizing domestic cups this season? Did he phone you?

The priority will remain the same: win the Premier League and go really deep in the UCL. If Arsenal can win the domestic cups along the way, good. If not, that is okay, because winning domestic cups isn’t the goal.

Rest assured, Arsenal will not do an open bus parade like Liverpool for winning domestic cups. How embarrassing was that.

I don’t know if Arsenal will win the league this season or not, but what I’m certain of is that they will finish above Liverpool again, no matter how much you do Opta this and that all season.

Arteta is the reason why Arsenal fans are dreaming of winning the league again. Arteta is the reason why finishing 2nd feels disappointing.

The same fans who celebrated 75 points in the league and a top 4 finish were gutted last season when Arsenal ended up 2nd with 89 points.

Arsenal had forgotten what it takes to compete for the title and Arteta woke them up.

Just write a book , I’ll read it if it’s free.

City’s last 5 years net spend is below arsenals .

It’s utterly foolish to compare Liverpool & bus parades when your idol has won nothing . You harp on about challenging, Liverpool were two wins from winning the quadruple, Arteta will never come close . Liverpool have won 6 European cups , Arsenal have won 0. You’re getting carried away in defiance of any valid criticism of Arteta. This is English football not love island .

Arteta will play his best 15 in every competition, you may not notice but the trophy cabinet is as empty as London bus out of service. He needs to start delivering silverware. Or resign & go on love island.

Just write a book , I’ll read it if it’s free.

City’s last 5 years net spend is below arsenals .

It’s utterly foolish to compare Liverpool & bus parades when your idol has won nothing . You harp on about challenging, Liverpool were two wins from winning the quadruple, Arteta will never come close . Liverpool have won 6 European cups , Arsenal have won 0. You’re getting carried away in defiance of any valid criticism of Arteta. This is English football not love island .

Arteta will play his best 15 in every competition, you may not notice but the trophy cabinet is as empty as London bus out of service. He needs to start delivering silverware. Or resign & go on love island.

I'm no Liverpool fan, but in any other year massing 97 points wins Liverpool the title. Then a 93 points.

Three champions league finals. And we have Mr delusional calling klopp and enhancing a champion bottle job.

I'm no Liverpool fan, but in any other year massing 97 points wins Liverpool the title. Then a 93 points.

Three champions league finals. And we have Mr delusional calling klopp and enhancing a champion bottle job.

Mamoon is a real Arsenal fan , no doubting his love for the team & Arteta of course but imo he’s never played the sport & doesn’t understand it .

To claim Arteta is great because he challenged & then bring in Liverpool under Klopp was shooting yourself in both feet !

Nobody challenged major trophies like jurgen but I’d never mention it , as Klopp won everything.IMG_9244.jpeg

Mamoon is a real Arsenal fan , no doubting his love for the team & Arteta of course but imo he’s never played the sport & doesn’t understand it .

To claim Arteta is great because he challenged & then bring in Liverpool under Klopp was shooting yourself in both feet !

Nobody challenged major trophies like jurgen but I’d never mention it , as Klopp won everything.View attachment 146688
and 2 penalty shoot outs going the other way would mean 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup less.

But like you say who cares - he won it all anyway

Nobody challenged major trophies like jurgen but I’d never mention it , as Klopp won everything.View attachment 146688
Believe me - you are one of the last few people on that I have encountered in my life from whom I would take footballing advice because you have demonstrated time and time again that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I mean, why would I pay heed to someone who claimed the following:

• Arteta will be sacked in 2020
  • Arteta will never Arsenal fight for the PL
  • Liverpool would finish above Arsenal in 2023 and 2024
  • Szoboszlai is better than Rice
  • Havertz will be a failure at Arsenal
  • Finishing 2nd and challenging for the league is the same as finishing top 4 and not challenging for the league
  • Ronaldo is better than Messi
I can go on and on. As far as Klopp is concerned, he gets way more credit than what he has actually achieved because for all the romanticism, the reality that he has only won 1 PL in 10 years and he should have won at least 2 PL titles with the players that he had at his disposal.

In addition to only winning 1 PL, he had two rubbish seasons (2020-21, 2022-23) that the Klopp loving media sweep under the carpet.

Missing out on the CL / scraping into it on the last day with a team good enough to win the league is a massive blot on his record.

I have no doubt in my mind that Arteta will be a multiple times PL winner when his era ends which automatically puts him above Klopp.

Believe me - you are one of the last few people on that I have encountered in my life from whom I would take footballing advice because you have demonstrated time and time again that you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Finishing 2nd and challenging for the league is the same as finishing top 4 and not challenging for the league
I can go on and on. As far as Klopp is concerned, he gets way more credit than what he has actually achieved because for all the romanticism, the reality that he has only won 1 PL in 10 years and he should have won at least 2 PL titles with the players that he had at his disposal.

In addition to only winning 1 PL, he had two rubbish seasons (2020-21, 2022-23) that the Klopp loving media sweep under the carpet.

Missing out on the CL / scraping into it on the last day with a team good enough to win the league is a massive blot on his record.

I have no doubt in my mind that Arteta will be a multiple times PL winner when his era ends which automatically puts him above Klopp.

I 1q

Arteta has won sweet fa & you’re already dreaming of him surpassing Klopp lol

I would advise to kick a ball & watch a live match before claiming you are an expert in football . Any great club would sacked a loser of a manager 2 years ago but you & his bosses are ecstatic being challengers lol

I 1q

Arteta has won sweet fa & you’re already dreaming of him surpassing Klopp lol

I would advise to kick a ball & watch a live match before claiming you are an expert in football . Any great club would sacked a loser of a manager 2 years ago but you & his bosses are ecstatic being challengers lol
You play football and you have 0% football knowledge. Looking at you, I hope to never kick a ball in my life even if I live for a million years.

You play football and you have 0% football knowledge. Looking at you, I hope to never kick a ball in my life even if I live for a million years.

At least you finally admit it . Next time you’re in north London, I’ll show you the side pass . Until then we will see how Arsenal & Arteta do this season. :wenger

At least you finally admit it . Next time you’re in north London, I’ll show you the side pass . Until then we will see how Arsenal & Arteta do this season. :wenger
Maybe you should have taught it to the Liverpool midfielders so that they wouldn’t have finished below Arsenal for two seasons in row and wouldn’t have failed to beat Arsenal in the league in over two years even though Klopp is apparently so much better than Arteta.

I just want to put it out there. If you happen to play for the Alum Rock cab drivers team, that doesn’t count.

Just thought I’d make that clear.

I just want to put it out there. If you happen to play for the Alum Rock cab drivers team, that doesn’t count.

Just thought I’d make that clear.
If Klopp is much superior to Arteta, I wonder why he finished below him for two seasons in a row.

It’s not like he didn’t have players like Salah, Van Dijk, Trent, Alisson, Konate, Robertson, Szobo etc. at his disposal, who are all apparently far better than anyone playing for Arsenal.

Not only did Klopp finished below Arteta, he got pumped by him twice at the Emirates and couldn’t win at Anfield either.

So it must be one of the greatest mysteries of the world why and how it happened when Klopp and Liverpool are far better than Arteta and Arsenal. @KingKhanWC

If Klopp is much superior to Arteta, I wonder why he finished below him for two seasons in a row.

It’s not like he didn’t have players like Salah, Van Dijk, Trent, Alisson, Konate, Robertson, Szobo etc. at his disposal, who are all apparently far better than anyone playing for Arsenal.

Not only did Klopp finished below Arteta, he got pumped by him twice at the Emirates and couldn’t win at Anfield either.

So it must be one of the greatest mysteries of the world why and how it happened when Klopp and Liverpool are far better than Arteta and Arsenal. @KingKhanWC

100% agree.

"I never said Liverpool will finish above Arsenal" then ends up having a tantrum with the poster, who's pulled up his old posts about how "Liverpool are going to finish above Arsenal and win the league".

The funny thing is when Liverpool lose, he goes into hiding.

Maybe you should have taught it to the Liverpool midfielders so that they wouldn’t have finished below Arsenal for two seasons in row and wouldn’t have failed to beat Arsenal in the league in over two years even though Klopp is apparently so much better than Arteta.

Arsenal won nothing either. Maybe for you it means something, here only winning counts .

Friday tomorrow; pray for Arteta

Hopefully saka's injury isn't serious, our players always seem to get injured on the pointless international breaks

Bukayo Saka injury: Arsenal forward leaves England camp to return to club for further assessment​

Bukayo Saka has left the England training camp and returned to Arsenal for further assessment on the injury he picked up against Greece.

The Arsenal winger limped off during the second half of Thursday's defeat to Greece at Wembley and will not feature in England's Nations League clash with Finland on Sunday.

Interim England boss Lee Carsley gave an update on Saka's injury after the game.

Carsley said: "He's been assessed but in the build-up to the first goal you could see he'd felt something in his leg."

Saka will now return to Arsenal for further assessment ahead of their Premier League clash with Bournemouth in their first fixture after the international break on October 19.

Sky Sports

my eyes are not kidding me. Rice, (Mr nice guy) abit of a media darling , yet when it comes to crunch games goes into ultra safe mode, and negative. Abit like a crab.

As for Foden, the Stockport iniesta (lol) first good sesson he's had under pep. Lol

I've No hatred for him, we've got Mainoo who has a much higher ceiling than this water carrier, be it at 6, or 8. Just cant fathom how the Gooners paid 105 million for such a limited player

I have No anti English agenda lol. Two of my favourite players were Scholes, and Rio.

But I certainly don't hold Rice in high regards. Another one who I think is better is kovacic at City.

:ROFLMAO:

How did Ugarte get on against the Mighty Peru and Ecuador?

Oh would you look at that - he was subbed off in one of the games. Interesting

Rice lives rent free in your head. That’s why you’re here and why you’re hardly ever on the Man U thread.

Its a public forum, get out more and stop thinking everything is personal. lol

Rice was never worth over £100 million, he completed more side passes in the Euros than 5 year olds do at school training.

Rice was never worth over £100 million, he completed more side passes in the Euros than 5 year olds do at school training.

The Audacity to talk about over £100 million players when your club can't secure any :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Jude, Enzo, Caicedo.

I apologise in advance I know from past experience its a sensitive subject

So on the comment about side passes. Here's something interesting for you. Another made up comment by you to try and trigger Arsenal fans. Do better fella :)

1729097018897.jpeg

The Audacity to talk about over £100 million players when your club can't secure any :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Jude, Enzo, Caicedo.

I apologise in advance I know from past experience its a sensitive subject

Liverpool never wanted them and wont spend so much on a player unless he is truly world class.

The sensitive ones seem to be Arsenal fans, who have won nothing for years. Rice is decent but not world class, he's a limited player with limited skills but still one of Arsenals best players.

Anyway Liverpool are coming to the UAE stadium soon, what are your thoughts and predictions on the match?

Liverpool never wanted them and wont spend so much on a player unless he is truly world class.

The sensitive ones seem to be Arsenal fans, who have won nothing for years. Rice is decent but not world class, he's a limited player with limited skills but still one of Arsenals best players.

Anyway Liverpool are coming to the UAE stadium soon, what are your thoughts and predictions on the match?
Never wanted them but put bids in? How does that make sense?

Had Henderson and Trent giving Jude Massages to try and convince him to join.... Don't forget the handshakes they created that convinced you lot he is coming. Haha its funny you believe you never wanted them. Just like the Zubimendi right?

Anyway about the match. I think it will be competitive. Liverpools attack vs our Defense should be a good watch. Attacking wise we will be tested as you guys have been defending well yourselves recently. I would have been more confident had Odegaard been fit but I still think at home we should be winning all our games and back ourselves to do so.

Arsenal win I think

Imagine what other midfielders graphics would look like

Show a comparison. I don’t check for data , it’s obvious watching the game . He’s better for Arsenal than he was for England but plays to his strengths. There’s many aspects to a midfielder, some are play makers like Zidane or some are water carriers , others all rounders such as Gerrard . Rice should play as a 6 only , playing up the field the team open up in the middle & he has a good shot , decent cross but rarely can play a killer through ball .

Never wanted them but put bids in? How does that make sense?

Had Henderson and Trent giving Jude Massages to try and convince him to join.... Don't forget the handshakes they created that convinced you lot he is coming. Haha its funny you believe you never wanted them. Just like the Zubimendi right?

Anyway about the match. I think it will be competitive. Liverpools attack vs our Defense should be a good watch. Attacking wise we will be tested as you guys have been defending well yourselves recently. I would have been more confident had Odegaard been fit but I still think at home we should be winning all our games and back ourselves to do so.

Arsenal win I think

It was all bluster to keep some fans happy , Liverpool knew caceido wants Chelsea & it worked out well for all parties . Liverpool midfield has been dominated this season .

It will be a good test for both teams . Arsenal start fast , score early & will likely hang on as Arteta won’t press at all after taking the lead . If Liverpool get a clean sheet they will win the game imo . Liverpools forwards are deadly , they will want to show this against Arsenal .

My prediction barring major injury .

Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool

I think you need to take your own advice. All your footballing related discussions are also on the Arsenal thread because like you're friend, you're another one, who can't stop Arsenal living rent free in your head.

We all know there was never much between your ears in the first place but I strongly suggest you make better use of what little you've got up there.

I will certainly not take lessons from those who've acquired their knowledge of football from the Alum Rock Cab Drivers League.

1729104801179.png

https://www.givemesport.com/ranking-best-midfielders-in-world-football/

I can read frustration and resentment in your own words. Liverpool can only wish they had the world's second best DM in their team.

According to one of your ex-legends, you would've won the PL with him if you had him in your team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nal-round-brilliant-midfield-performance.html

You say Rice wasn't worth £100m, please explain why Liverpool tried to buy an inferior DM (in Caicedo) for £111m? For once please don't lie and come up with bs like "we never wanted him".

Earlier this season you said something along the lines of "I never said Liverpool will finish above Arsenal" then you ended up having a tantrum with the poster, who pulled up your old posts about how "Liverpool are going to finish above Arsenal and win the league".
The funny thing is both Lavia and Caicedo both rejected Liverpool to play in the Conference League. :klopp

Back