Arsenal FC | 2024/25 Season

No. That is not how cup competitions work. The team that wins the cup isn’t always the best.

The team with poor discipline is rarely a winner too . Arteta has issues , if , red cards continue , the coveted league trophy will have to wait .

HT 0-0

Arsenal need to stay solid, we can nick this from set piece in 2nd half

Bournemouth will attack , leaving Arsenal to create chances on the counter . I agree very much winnable , but for either side. It depends if Arteta will soon pull out the London double decker & settle for a point .

3 sending offs in 8 games. Shocking stuff.

That red card was on Trossard. Shocking pass.

Set pieces have poor, also lack of creativity evident as well.

Get Martinelli on for either trossard or havertz

Martinelli messes up 10/10 times when he has time to think. Such a dumb footballer. Zero composure.

It is fine. You have to lose at some point. Time to smash Liverpool and make up for this slip up.

Wolves and Chelsea can do a favor tomorrow.

Martinelli messes up 10/10 times when he has time to think. Such a dumb footballer. Zero composure.

Arteta bought him early in the 2nd half . Hes not sure what to do , an all out attack trying to get a point now may end up a big defeat.

It’s over so rest the players , the next league match may also be testing for Arsenal :klopp

Arteta bought him early in the 2nd half . Hes not sure what to do , an all out attack trying to get a point now may end up a big defeat.

It’s over so rest the players , the next league match may also be testing for Arsenal :klopp
It will be even more humiliating when you lot failed to win at the Emirates. Liverpool should be able to out score Arsenal without Saliba but Arsenal will bounce back.

Self inflicted defeat

Merino and Martinelli missed sitters. So we can't sat we didn't have chances

2 **** poor goals given away.

Special 🤡 performance from the statue upfront, perfect bday present for the 🤡 in fan base

Self inflicted defeat

Special 🤡 performance from the statue upfront, perfect bday present for the 🤡 in fan base
Cut the rubbish. Havertz played really well but there was obviously lack of creativity today because of Saka’s unavailability.

It will be even more humiliating when you lot failed to win at the Emirates. Liverpool should be able to out score Arsenal without Saliba but Arsenal will bounce back.

Liverpool should win but Arsenal will ? Lol

Arteta surely has an ideal replacement for William in the squad. Great managers find a solution, why the concern ?

This defeat is on Trossard.

He's been the culprit for 2 of Arsenal's 3 red cards this season. He got needlessly sent off at the Etihad and this evening he played that pathetic pass to Saliba.

Self inflicted defeat

Havertz had a good game. Prime culprit was Trossard. I'm surprised you haven't even mentioned him.

VAR didn't get involved because a yellow card was given

VAR got involved because it should have been a red card, that's always been the case

Ultimately, that was on Trossard for playing such a daft pass
Fair enough, my point was does VAR ask ref to look at every yellow on basis it can be a red.

It was a red card, I have no qualms on the foul by saliba he was last man.

Liverpool should win but Arsenal will ? Lol

Arteta surely has an ideal replacement for William in the squad. Great managers find a solution, why the concern ?
Saliba is the best CB in the world. It is impossible to replace him without a drop in quality. Nonetheless, Arsenal have enough depth to still put out a strong backline so I’m confident that Liverpool will go home empty handed as usual.

Havertz had a good game. Prime culprit was Trossard. I'm surprised you haven't even mentioned him.
Why what did he do all game? Entire front 3 were trash, even before red card they did nothing.

Its these type of defeats which cost us last season and season befor

Oh hear come the excuses but but no creativity. No saka

But but havertz is same level as haaland

This is where you so called highest paid players and so called world class strikers step up and create something out of nothing

Screenshot_20241019_192826_Chrome.jpg

Why what did he do all game? Entire front 3 were trash, even before red card they did nothing.

Its these type of defeats which cost us last season and season befor

If you think Havertz was trash, you must've watched a different game.

Trossard was trash and the same could be said for Sterling, who's end product was poor.

Don't matter whether Webb gone involved or not, it's a red card

Let's not play the victims here.

Anyways when's the cake cutting been down by the bday 🤡

Very important that Timber is back for Liverpool.

Timber, Calafiori, Gabriel and White can forge a very strong back line that can keep Liverpool forwards at bay.

Trossard was trash and the same could be said for Sterling, who's end product was poor.
It is a shame because Sterling was growing into the game. His best moment came just before he got subbed.

I watched same game as you. What chances did havertz create? Zero

When other key players are missing this is when others step up

So called top 10 striker in world did fk all

People can cry all they want about no saka, oddegard, but this is when other players have to step up

It is a shame because Sterling was growing into the game. His best moment came just before he got subbed.

He always looks threatening but his end product has always let him down. But I do agree, it was just a matter of time before he was going to get one right and help Arsenal get the lead.

I watched same game as you. What chances did havertz create? Zero

When other key players are missing this is when others step up

So called top 10 striker in world did fk all

People can cry all they want about no saka, oddegard, but this is when other players have to step up

He put a good shift in and his all-round play was generally good. The problem was he was an isolated figure after the sending off.

Don't matter whether Webb gone involved or not, it's a red card

Let's not play the victims here.

Anyways when's the cake cutting been down by the bday 🤡
Nobody is playing victim. Hence why I said it was a red and no complaints. It was just funny he tweeted it and obviously was told to delete.

Poor result tbh. Not a game I'd expected us to lose.

Sooner Odegaard is back the better and we can start playing thru the middle.

Timber, Calafiori, Gabriel and White can forge a very strong back line that can keep Liverpool forwards at bay.
Predictably, Arteta will dip in to his box of tricks, with eleven men behind the ball and a concrete low block .

He always looks threatening but his end product has always let him down. But I do agree, it was just a matter of time before he was going to get one right and help Arsenal get the lead.
Sterling end product has always been trash, that's been case at every club and for England. So anyone hoping for miracles is deluding themselves.

Sterling end product has always been trash, that's been case at every club and for England. So anyone hoping for miracles is deluding themselves.

I wish Nwaneri started on the right. I know his primary position is CAM but he can also play on the right wing.

Arteta needs to start trusting him more. It's the same story with him and his lack of faith in the youngsters.

Nobody is playing victim. Hence why I said it was a red and no complaints. It was just funny he tweeted it and obviously was told to delete.

I predicted a 2 or 3 win, even with 11 men we looked toothless in final 3rd.

That's 7 points dropped due to silly red cards.

Webb probably did get involved, we probably will see a similar thing in a few weeks and a yellow will stay a yellow.

Squad should be good enough depth wise without oddegard, this is where we will see how good squad really is

We need Timber to cover for Saliba at RCB, otherwise we'll have to play either Ben White or Kiwior in that position. If White plays RCB then who plays RB? Partey?

We need Timber to cover for Saliba at RCB, otherwise we'll have to play either Ben White or Kiwior in that position. If White plays RCB then who plays RB? Partey?
White timber Gabriel calafori

Otherwise Tomiyasu might have to play his usual 1 game of the season

I wish Nwaneri started on the right. I know his primary position is CAM but he can also play on the right wing.

Arteta needs to start trusting him more. It's the same story with him and his lack of faith in the youngsters.
Nwaneri should have been tried out in Southampton and Leicester games, that way we would know if this kid is ready. That comes down to trust or lack of it from a manager

Bournemouth ended 10-man Arsenal's unbeaten start to the season after William Saliba was shown the first red card of his career at Vitality Stadium

France international Saliba was dismissed inside the opening half an hour, having tripped Evanilson close to the centre circle after being put under unnecessary pressure by Leandro Trossard's poor pass.

It was a situation from which the title-chasing Gunners had already salvaged potentially crucial points against both Manchester City and Brighton, although this time the challenge was to do so for more than 60 minutes.

Their stubborn resistance was finally broken when Ryan Christie fired brilliantly in to the top corner following a clever corner routine with 20 minutes remaining, substitute Justin Kluivert flicking on Lewis Cook's low pass into the penalty area.

Kluivert then put any hope of a recovery beyond Arsenal by confidently converting his penalty nine minutes later, after club record £40m summer signing Evanilson was brought down by David Raya.

Victory ended a dismal run in this fixture for the Cherries, who had lost the last four league meetings by an aggregate score of 13-2, and moved them up to 10th in the table.

But this was a significant blow for Arsenal, who missed the opportunity to go top before leaders Liverpool host Chelsea tomorrow at 16:30 BST, after champions Manchester City visit Wolves (14:00).

Source: BBC

Nwaneri should have been tried out in Southampton and Leicester games, that way we would know if this kid is ready. That comes down to trust or lack of it from a manager

Exactly what I thought as well. Should've started at least one of these games as a CAM.

I was thinking the same yesterday but when I saw a starting XI without Saka, Timber and Odegaard with Trossard starting on the left, alarm bells were ringing.

Exactly what I thought as well. Should've started at least one of these games as a CAM.
Wait till we get to December and we have 7 PL games and possibly 8 (quarter finals of league cup)

Then January when we will have 6 PL games, 2 CL games and 1 FA cup

So this squad will either be proven to have got better or exposed again.

Players like nwaneri aswell as others have to be trusted others its groundhog day again

I was thinking the same yesterday but when I saw a starting XI without Saka, Timber and Odegaard with Trossard starting on the left, alarm bells were ringing.
Even with those players missing we should be winning.

People want to call havertz a top striker and justify players like sterling, Jesus etc. This is when squad players step up

Even with those players missing we should be winning.

People want to call havertz a top striker and justify players like sterling, Jesus etc. This is when squad players step up

I agree with you but Saka has carried us this season. Arsenal limped over the line against two relegation candidates, Soton and Leicester, so based on what's happened recently, I couldn't help but feel nervous.

Back