Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs India | 10-11 September | Colombo | India innings

I think indian team mgmt have told the guys to just swing for the tall timber....rain is in the air and might be shortened match - duckworth lewis calcuations to the fore

Tbh, if rain doesn't come, Pakistan will have to bat out of their skins to win this one.

Spin on this wicket is not easy.

seems like a good batting wicket. Pakistani batsmen will also like this wicket.
These guys like Rahul and kohli are only good in flat pitches. Even there they are average. They were going at 7.5 an over and now it's 6 lol.
They are not suited for any non flat pitch.
Same with rohit. Hint of swing or spin and he will get bamboozled.

They play pace well on flat pitches that's it.
Also if there is extreme bounce, India do better there I will admit that. However against swing and spin they are very mediocre.

Lol! This is not some Zim-B team playing. You simply can't bowl part-time spinners against Indian batters even if it's KL Rahul.

India batting depth is ridiculous

Only Australia realistically will have a chance v them in the WC

shadab let that go through his hands.

move him from point, not his match

Good effort by SSA to dive and prevent 4...as an indian fan of pace bowling, i feel bit anxious everytime he dives....
i saw a vdo in which he gives gift to jassi bumrah for birth of 1st child - how awesome. i heard he has mrried Shaeed afridi's daughter - so hopefully in next asia cup, he gets return gift from jazz-boom,.

Both him and jazz boom, what a fantastic example for fast bowlers, do not abuse , sledge but a look is enuff...Champions!

These guys like Rahul and kohli are only good in flat pitches. Even there they are average. They were going at 7.5 an over and now it's 6 lol.

Also if there is extreme bounce, India do better there I will admit that. However against swing and spin they are very mediocre.
Someone will call you negative

Babar is such a dumb captain. No brain at all. No slip in Nasim's bowling plus using Iftikhar again and again.

Its flat pitch, ball coming on bat very nicely
Ik it's a flat pitch, but even on flat pitches Pakistanis caliber is 310 to 330 max.

The way India is going their getting 360, and its still spinning. Not much for pace but alot for spin so it'll be tough.

Yes smash him all over the park so that he can just dream of playing for Pak in any format.

i knew commies didnt have a clue when they said bring shadab on instead of ifti...ifti bowled well they just went after him. Shadab is just awful

Ifti was bowliing better, let him bowl shadabs overs aswell

What a pathetic display from the captain and some of the bowling unit.

India set for a massive total. Pakistan need back to back wickets. Whats happened to the world class Pakistani bowlers today.

I'd be on board with sacking the captaincy from Babar even now right before the World Cup. This level of incompetency is unacceptable tbh.

seems like a good batting wicket. Pakistani batsmen will also like this wicket.
naa, the wicekt is spinning. Its just shadab that sucks. Ifti was getting alot of turn. Kuldeep and Jadeja will play us around here

naa, the wicekt is spinning. Its just shadab that sucks. Ifti was getting alot of turn. Kuldeep and Jadeja will play us around here
Even if they won't turn the ball, our batters will still gift them wickets. This is not Pak we have seen for last couple of years, this is the one we have been seeing since childhood.

if so why havent they pounded Pakistan in the last few outings we have had since the last 2 years?

Pakistan & India have not played ODI cricket since the 2019 World Cup. Pakistan has become a better ODI team in the last four years but the gulf between the two sides is still very big especially in this format. It is the widest in Test cricket followed by ODI cricket.

Pakistan will get smashed left, right and center unless and until they find some quality spinners who can control the run flow in the middle-overs and take wickets. Shadab is a third class spinner who won't even make India's bench especially in ODIs.

You can get away with Shadab in T20Is but his 10 overs in ODIs are a complete liability. This is a much need reality-check for Pakistani and all the best bowling this and that nonsense.

Meanwhile Kohli's reflexes have slowed down, look at his strike rate.

Jadeja and Kuldeep both will be unplayable. Our batsmen including Babar can not score freely against quality spin bowling.

Keep same players meaningless matches to worn them out. Does Micky have any say in selection or it just Babar?

Looking cloudy , when is rain coming lol this is the game where we give our poor performance, if we can snatch a draw out of it then it’s as good as a victory

Imam and Babar should bat with a healthy strike rate today. This pitch is ideal for batting. No excuses will be accepted.

This guy again! Last time he spewed the same garbage India got wiped out of the WC. Also, talk about blind bias - anyone watching the game can see Naseem bowled really well and even dominated Rohit at times. Key difference here is we dropped 2 chances (Yes Gil first ball was a chance) and the slip comedy was something else...game is not over yet homie. Don't put india on a pedestal.

We got a solid team. Fans need to stick it out. Yes - it's ok to criticize the team but being needlessly negative all the time is counter productive. India came with a plan to attack gun bowlers and credit to them they have batted well. Had we taken those two chances things might have tilted our way - but that's what you get with Pakistan. Anyone who follows cricket knows you only judge a game after both teams have batted. On current roster India will NOT pound Pakistan 8/10. It would be a coin toss on who plays better on the day. Wake up homie! Also - like last time. This will be my last response to your garbage @Mamoon

I don't know who you are. This is the first time I'm seeing your post, but it is enough for me to know that you don't know what you are talking about.

You cannot have a solid ODI team when Shadab is your premier spinner.

Most modern day batsmen are poor against seam and swing . Kohli and Rahul are surely not the worst !

Back