Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs India | 10-11 September | Colombo | India innings

I thought the boards agreed to move the games to Hambantota? What exactly happened in that meeting? Why the decision was made and then reversed all of a sudden?

May be we should add another reserve day and re-schedule the rest of the games since this is the BCCI world and they can do whatever the hell they want.

This has been a terribly organized Asia Cup. The WC tickets booking too has been a disaster so far. Basically everything managed by this Jay Shah is a disaster.

Good luck having a successful World Cup with this guy around.

Just hope all India's matches wash out and Jay Shay will be held responsible for financial losses

Rizwan sitting with the ground staff

vfKW2Kl.png

Just hope all India's matches wash out and Jay Shay will be held responsible for financial losses
India should get knocked out by tomorrow.

Pakistan and Sri Lanka should be the final, and hopefully we win it this time.

I thought the boards agreed to move the games to Hambantota? What exactly happened in that meeting? Why the decision was made and then reversed all of a sudden?

May be we should add another reserve day and re-schedule the rest of the games since this is the BCCI world and they can do whatever the hell they want.

There was reporting on this by a Pakistani news anchor called Waseem Badami, basically an email was sent to the various boards that the matches would be moved to Hambantota...then 17 mins later the decision was reversed. Jay Shah is of course an Indian genius so we are not allowed to say anything bad about that...ahem

Here are the equations:

1. If we only get 20 over game today - Pakistan target 181. The latest when the game can start is 10.36 PM local time
  2. If this game gets washed out, tomorrow's game against SL will be virtual knockout for India
  3. If tomorrow's game is also washed out, India would rely on Pak to beat SL on Thursday and then India have to beat BD on Friday to qualify
  4. If Pak-SL game is also washed out on Thursday and Ind beat BD on friday, one of SL & Ind will qualify based on run rate
  5. If all games from here on gets washed out, it will be Pak vs SL final
  6. If final also washed out - SL will retain ASIA CUP 2023
:sree

Here are the equations:

1. If we only get 20 over game today - Pakistan target 181. The latest when the game can start is 10.36 PM local time
  2. If this game gets washed out, tomorrow's game against SL will be virtual knockout for India
  3. If tomorrow's game is also washed out, India would rely on Pak to beat SL on Thursday and then India have to beat BD on Friday to qualify
  4. If Pak-SL game is also washed out on Thursday and Ind beat BD on friday, one of SL & Ind will qualify based on run rate
  5. If all games from here on gets washed out, it will be Pak vs SL final
  6. If final also washed out - SL will retain ASIA CUP 2023
:sree
Looks like you've figured it all out, but that's a lot of ''ifs'' there. Hoping for some clear skies and solid cricket action soon 🤞

There was reporting on this by a Pakistani news anchor called Waseem Badami, basically an email was sent to the various boards that the matches would be moved to Hambantota...then 17 mins later the decision was reversed. Jay Shah is of course an Indian genius so we are not allowed to say anything bad about that...ahem

I think Indian players complained about the facilities and travelling to Hambantota

Jay Shah is a puppet and can't make any decision on his own. Not his fault the goverment there runs BCCI and ICC

I think Indian players complained about the facilities and travelling to Hambantota

Jay Shah is a puppet and can't make any decision on his own. Not his fault the goverment there runs BCCI and ICC
They did, these phony IPL stars are full of nakhraas

You always try to make out Rizwan is the worst person on earth. Why so much hatred. He is not that bad player you are making out to be.
No. I’m against selective, overpraising of certain individuals…whilst at the same time there is a selective under appreciation of others.

I am necessary evil in this regard

rain stopped.

soo it looks the ground underneath was dry. Massive credit to the sri lanka ground staff that coeverd the ground in advance. And these tarpals are very good quality it seems

rain stopped.

soo it looks the ground underneath was dry. Massive credit to the sri lanka ground staff that coeverd the ground in advance. And these tarpals are very good quality it seems
So we get a full game today? Assuming no more rain?

most of the blame lies with Jay Shah, but the Sri Lankan’s knew the weather would be like this and they still put their hands up for hosting the tournament…they screwed us over too.

Would’ve been better if it was co hosted between India and Pakistan.

By the time the covers come off and the official inspection takes place, rain will come back.
It’s like everything and everyone is moving in slow motion (except the groundstaff). There’s no urgency, just a bunch of standing around.

Cricket is such a rubbish game. Even if it stops raining, the match officials have inspections for two hours before the game starts.

Waste of time honestly this tournament. The organization was mucked up. I am not sure, but I believe Jay Shah in his pathetic own world believes the PCB will take the brunt of criticism for this mess up. Jay Shah is getting absolutely destroyed to smithereens on social media lol

India will look to attack straight away since there is rain expected later and they want to give Pakistan the highest reduced target as possible (if it comes to that). No point playing for the full 50 overs.

Hope the Pakistani bowlers have their radar on target so they can pick up quick wickets...

Heard Rauf picked up a side strain, so wont be bowling.

If we bowl 50 overs full, than 5 overs of Haris will be bowled by ifti maybe

How did that happen? Did he eat too much cake and has a stomach ache?
Its not an injury, its a side strain that happens after bowling (happens to express bowlers). Basically he needs rest. Today would had been a rest day, but because he is being forced to play back to back and is not resting his side strain could aggrevate.

Thus, good form Pakistan to just rest him

So ifti and Agha to fill up Rauf's quota. I could sense those 5 overs will go for 50-60 runs.

Like India care about not qualifying for the final

They will leave this tournament as the true champions. Pakistan need to win this game if they want to truly claim dominance. Up to now, India have bossed Pakistan in both games with no results
How so that was a minimum 300 pitch and conditions. All Pakistanis are in good batting form.
Cricket is such a rubbish game. Even if it stops raining, the match officials have inspections for two hours before the game starts.

Waste of time honestly this tournament. The organization was mucked up. I am not sure, but I believe Jay Shah in his pathetic own world believes the PCB will take the brunt of criticism for this mess up. Jay Shah is getting absolutely destroyed to smithereens on social media lol

Side strain, same like Shreyas Iyer
Can Pakistan substitute him?

Its not an injury, its a side strain that happens after bowling (happens to express bowlers). Basically he needs rest. Today would had been a rest day, but because he is being forced to play back to back and is not resting his side strain could aggrevate.

Thus, good form Pakistan to just rest him
Are we with 10 players now?

For actual injuries,
Yeah I guess they can lie that he has a head injury?
Head injury has to happen during the live play...on a serious note, for actual injuries, you should be able to substitute, especially when you have reserve days added in for ODIs....

The dark clouds above clearly suggest it will rain anytime soon. I know they are starting the game but no way we are getting any result. I think even players know it and will be taking more as practice

Looking like a repeat of previous ind pak encounter, india will bat 50 overs and then rain will arrive and we will be done for the day
Dissappointing

I hope Shaheen doesn't see this and starts targeting stump again like he did yesterday.
He bowled too many half volleys and boundary balls. Shadaab then bowled too many full tosses and half trackers to balloon Indias run rate.

Haris Rauf will not be bowling any further in the Asia Cup Super 4 match against India as a precautionary measure. He felt a little discomfort in his right flank during the match yesterday.

He was subsequently taken for a precautionary MRI, which revealed no tear. He is under the observation of the team’s medical panel.

moisture on pitch and in air should aid bowling, i expect ball not to come onto wicket - unless sun burns through.
outfield will be heavy. but good to see action starting soon

first time ever seeing an india pakistan match extended to two days

The dark clouds above clearly suggest it will rain anytime soon. I know they are starting the game but no way we are getting any result. I think even players know it and will be taking more as practice
Wish they would just start it as shortened game right now since everyone knows what's coming.

Pakistan are the 2019 World Cup winners in my books.

The inform team that brushed aside England and New Zealand, hit form at the right time to beat South Africa, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

The only thing that stopped them was the lack of a reserve day against Sri Lanka....

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?
But this is a complete shambles of a tournament and wreaks of corruption.
No team deserves to win a tournament without winning SF and Finals (somehow have to qualify for that first). Otherwise South Africa should have easily won 2 or 3 world cups...

babar needs to just keep pace on. Take wicekts. Because if it rains, the dls score will go down.

No need to bring part timer on right now, he can risk part timer for 40th over even. Most likely part tiemrs wont be needed to bowl.

2-3 wicekts falls, dls score of 20 overs can drop from 180 to much lower

Can Pakistan draft on another fast bowler now that Haris Rauf is out of the tournament? Or they will just stick with Mo Wasim?

Back