Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs India | 10-11 September | Colombo | India innings

So india will now play again tomarrow and than on wednesday haahhahaha

Karma strikes
It'll probably rain tmr and get called off as well, same as Tuesday, doubt this Asia cup is concluding.

Yesterday game between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh was a miracle that it took place.

Reminding me of triangular series held in 2004 between australia pakistan and india. Australia manage to play final without actually bowling their bowlers
Because of rain in every group match

20:43 Local Time, 15:13 GMT, 20:43 IST: Play has been called off. But we do have a reserve day. We will be back tomorrow and it will be a full 50-over game with India starting from 24.1 overs.

We need a Jay Shah smiley to let our inner feelings come out

Pakistan are the 2019 World Cup winners in my books.

The inform team that brushed aside England and New Zealand, hit form at the right time to beat South Africa, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

The only thing that stopped them was the lack of a reserve day against Sri Lanka....

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?
But this is a complete shambles of a tournament and wreaks of corruption.

So India would end up playing cricket on September 10 (today), Sept 11 (reserve day) and Sept 12 (against SL).

So India would end up playing cricket on September 10 (today), Sept 11 (reserve day) and Sept 12 (against SL).
Bro india ki batting ani h bowling kal bhi ni so sab fresh h bowler or batsman practice kar lenge ruk ruk ke

Rain and the extra day just for this clash has made this tournament total farce.
Utterly shameless from the BCCI.

It was always expected that a big mess up was round the corner for them. Cricket has long been secondary to cashing cheques.

Soon the Indian public may wake up and realise that their beloved 'rich board' can't actually deliver them a single trophy.

Indian cricket fans are in an abusive relationship and they don't even realise it.

For whatever it's worth - the highlights of the game today

Bro india ki batting ani h bowling kal bhi ni so sab fresh h bowler or batsman practice kar lenge ruk ruk ke
but what if they have to bowl tomorrow all 50 overs without any rain interruption and then very next day they have to come out again against Srilanka.

I want to know the opinions of Indian fans here.

The openers give a 7.5 run rate start. A couple of wickets go down and Kohli/Rahul slows the entire batting down to 6 RPO. How is that acceptable for a batting lineup of India's caliber.

I can understand a team like SL, Pakistan, WI preserving wickets because of the lack of batting depth but India?
It's not. India will keep playing Kohli no matter. His record in ODIs has been boosted recently by bashing SL and BD. Hasn't done anything of note against top sides in this World Cup cycle.

Jadeja is another fraud just waiting to be exposed.

Alot of bowlers from other sides bowl badly hence they get dominated at times. Doesnt mean their bad bowlers. All the bowlers you've mentioned have been horrible at times and been taken to the cleaners.

Its about consistency, shaheen performs every 7 to 8 games out of 10, same with the other bowlers you mentioned. Don't over analyse. Teams won't always let you get then 20/3, nor will our bowlers always be able to get those perfect line and length deliveries every game. No team in history have been able to do that.

Only player who's ever come close to being perfect was Donald Bradman and he's a mystery due to having zero footage and playing in an era completly unfamiliar to all of us.
He played most of his cricket against 1-2 oppositions in limited venues. Still an unbelievable achievement but the statistical anomaly is at least partially explained by the fact that todays players play upwards of 6-8 oppositions in 10s of venues. Not an apples to apples.

Pakistan never was #1 it was just an illusion in the minds of fans because we played mostly against 3rd string teams.

#1 team doesn't have this many gaps in the team. Our best batter can't play spin at all, Imam is consistent vs pace & spin but most of the time he's too slow, Fakhar always looks like a tail-ender batting & you can never count on him, we don't have a middle-order at all. In bowling, we're too reliant on getting assistance from the pitch, Our bowling goes into a shell whenever we face a quality batting side on a flaccid surface & less said about the spin is better. At this rate, it would be a miracle if we finish in the top 4 in the WC, especially with the current format which is probably the best format ever.
Being no1 in ICC ranking doesn’t mean you’re perfect or all time great 11, it just means you’ve been best in the lot of imperfect sides for 2-3 years. It’s a lower bar.

but what if they have to bowl tomorrow all 50 overs without any rain interruption and then very next day they have to come out again against Srilanka.
This is not going to happened as more rain predicted for tomorrow .by chance match (5% ) complete then India will not play Siraj and bumrah against srilanka as we already have Prasidh Krishna and Shami

This is not going to happened as more rain predicted for tomorrow .by chance match (5% ) complete then India will not play Siraj and bumrah against srilanka as we already have Prasidh Krishna and Shami
In that case if match doesnt happens tommorrow and both teams shares a point each, so match against srilanka will become do or die for India.

I think they should go with their full strength.

In that case if match doesnt happens tommorrow and both teams shares a point each, so match against srilanka will become do or die for India.

I think they should go with their full strength.
Shami and prasidh Krishna both are world class bowler ,you can check stats.

It's not. India will keep playing Kohli no matter. His record in ODIs has been boosted recently by bashing SL and BD. Hasn't done anything of note against top sides in this World Cup cycle.

Jadeja is another fraud just waiting to be exposed.
Tbh only Australia and England can challenge India in batting strength. In home conditions you'd imagine India will out score most teams. Kohli can easily catch up in an innings. Rahul I agree shouldn't play.

If it's going to rain tomorrow too, may as well start with a Pakistan 20-over DLS chase and try to sneak in enough overs to get a result.

80% or more chance of rain throughout the day today in Colombo. May it won't stop until next Sat.

Checked numerous websites and hour by hour forecast and its raining throughout the day
No game tomorrow no final for india 🤣

Checked numerous websites and hour by hour forecast and its raining throughout the day
No game tomorrow no final for india 🤣
It's laughable they decided to have this tournament during monsoon season in Lanka. Could have hosted it in Dubai/ u.a.e.

Power hungry jay shah is trying to flex his financial muscle. That's why such people should be overthrown.

If it's going to rain tomorrow too, may as well start with a Pakistan 20-over DLS chase and try to sneak in enough overs to get a result.
Wouldn't mind seeing BCCI flex it's muscle to get that done. I reckon we can chase about 180 in 20 overs

"Well. I don't see this starting again. Colombo ki baarish is crazy,"

“Hey guys, it's me Shoaib, match dekhne aaya tha, hum sare fans bhi wait kar rahe hai, Indians bhi Pakistani bhi. Lekin barish ne bacha liya humein, finally! Pehle India phass gya tha humare aagey, barish ne bacha lia. Aaj hum phas gaye the India ke samne, shukr hai barish ne bach lia. (I came to watch the match, we are all waiting, Indian and Pakistani fans. Rain saved us, rain saved India the other day, but today rain saved us!),"

What happens in case of a washout on the reserve day?

4od2chu.png

As the format of the Super 4 goes, all four qualified teams will play against each other once. At present, Pakistan and Sri Lanka occupy the top two spots, with 2 points each. Babar Azam's men (+1.051) are ahead of the Lankans (+0.420) because of a better Net Run Rate.

India, in comparison, haven't yet opened their tally, with the Pakistan match being their first in the Super 4s. Bangladesh are 4th with a points tally of -0.749. They are all but out of the race for the final already.

In a case where the India vs Pakistan match in the Super 4 stage gets washed out, points will be shared between the two teams. Such a scenario would take Pakistan's tally to 3 points which will help them remain top of the points table while India will remain third with 1 point in their kitty.

A washout, hence, could prove dangerous for the Indian team if they fail to win at least one of their next two matches. With Sri Lanka already securing one win, they remain ahead of India in the points table.

Though India are to play two more matches -- against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh -- in the Super 4s, there's no guarantee that those matches won't see washouts. Hence, rain-marred contests, including the match against Pakistan, aren't very beneficial for the Indian team.

NDTV

4od2chu.png

As the format of the Super 4 goes, all four qualified teams will play against each other once. At present, Pakistan and Sri Lanka occupy the top two spots, with 2 points each. Babar Azam's men (+1.051) are ahead of the Lankans (+0.420) because of a better Net Run Rate.

India, in comparison, haven't yet opened their tally, with the Pakistan match being their first in the Super 4s. Bangladesh are 4th with a points tally of -0.749. They are all but out of the race for the final already.

In a case where the India vs Pakistan match in the Super 4 stage gets washed out, points will be shared between the two teams. Such a scenario would take Pakistan's tally to 3 points which will help them remain top of the points table while India will remain third with 1 point in their kitty.

A washout, hence, could prove dangerous for the Indian team if they fail to win at least one of their next two matches. With Sri Lanka already securing one win, they remain ahead of India in the points table.

Though India are to play two more matches -- against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh -- in the Super 4s, there's no guarantee that those matches won't see washouts. Hence, rain-marred contests, including the match against Pakistan, aren't very beneficial for the Indian team.

NDTV
I'm rooting for a SL-Pak final!

Tbh only Australia and England can challenge India in batting strength. In home conditions you'd imagine India will out score most teams. Kohli can easily catch up in an innings. Rahul I agree shouldn't play.
Catching up is the kind of cricket that is simply not acceptable in this day and age. Kohli starts off too slowly especially against spin and it's a problem particularly in T20's But even in ODI's he should be taking them game on aggressively against spin especially coming in at 3.

He's not been a great ODI player since 2019 and has been the worst batter in top 6 since then, including KL Rahul.

Utterly shameless from the BCCI.

It was always expected that a big mess up was round the corner for them. Cricket has long been secondary to cashing cheques.

Soon the Indian public may wake up and realise that their beloved 'rich board' can't actually deliver them a single trophy.

Indian cricket fans are in an abusive relationship and they don't even realise it.
No, the true cricket lovers do understand. However, IPL has managed to provide adequate soap operasque drama for the working males ( mostly). Hence, BCCI survives.

^ If its only 2 hours then we gotta draw a line under this.

Our players aren't there to give batting practice to India.

One thing we do have is pressure on our side. It’s on India. Pakistan need 1 more win for qualification. They can either get it against india, or if rained off they can get it against Sri Lanka. Not much changes. India if they get two matches rained off or lose two matches are in trouble. So we should just see it as a chance to secure a win if we can. If not, no need to panic. India on the other hand a loss could be extremely dangerous for them.

So after all this commotion for the past few months, india should play here and shouldn't play there najam sethi won single handedly 🤣🤣

One thing we do have is pressure on our side. It’s on India. Pakistan need 1 more win for qualification. They can either get it against india, or if rained off they can get it against Sri Lanka. Not much changes. India if they get two matches rained off or lose two matches are in trouble. So we should just see it as a chance to secure a win if we can. If not, no need to panic. India on the other hand a loss could be extremely dangerous for them.
Like India care about not qualifying for the final

They will leave this tournament as the true champions. Pakistan need to win this game if they want to truly claim dominance. Up to now, India have bossed Pakistan in both games with no results

They will leave this tournament as the true champions. Pakistan need to win this game if they want to truly claim dominance. Up to now, India have bossed Pakistan in both games with no results
I'll have what you're having....

Hope game is rained off
And India Sri Lanka is rained off
And Pak and Sri Lanka share trophy
And we laugh at bcci

What you been watching? Pakistan murked India in the first game india couldn't even stand full 50 overs?

India had dominance in the 1st 10 overs of the second game after the first 2 wickets fell India went into their shell rahul and kohli were playing at 3 runs an over bringing their overall 7.5 run rate to 6rpo

I seriously don't know what games you have been watching

What you been watching? Pakistan murked India in the first game india couldn't even stand full 50 overs?

India had dominance in the 1st 10 overs of the second game after the first 2 wickets fell India went into their shell rahul and kohli were playing at 3 runs an over bringing their overall 7.5 run rate to 6rpo

I seriously don't know what games you have been watching
Yes I have been watching

267 is a good score on a wicket where Pakistani bowlers managed to swing the ball. Indian’s have been swinging bricks in Australian conditions let alone these favourable conditions presented in that match

As I said, I hope this match concludes. India will have more than enough runs on the board for Pakistan

I’m having a sense of reality and honesty in my coffee

Not sure it’s available in La La land so it’s not purchasable for you

India all out for barely 266 in the first game and most analysts felt Pakistan had the upper hand...bt yes, India bossed that by losing all their wickets :rohit

And then the second game was just getting started. India certainly had a very good start but lost 2 very quick wickets and everything was to play for...but India bossing again :dhoni

India all out for barely 266 in the first game and most analysts felt Pakistan had the upper hand...bt yes, India bossed that by losing all their wickets :rohit

And then the second game was just getting started. India certainly had a very good start but lost 2 very quick wickets and everything was to play for...but India bossing again :dhoni
We expect that india will 300+ runs in every game and so 266 is below par score. but why do we think india can defend 266, is it our batting our indian bowling. 266 is a decent score I think. India didnt school us in this game either, they would have been two down in first ten overs.

You’ve got to hand it to our fans. They think we are on top here

Thank you BCCI and Jay Shah for this experience. This is the 3rd time I am waking up at 5am in the morning for Ind vs Pak game, only to find out that it is raining.

Should have played this tournament in Pakistan.

BCCI will only rest once they have killed all international cricket.

I’m having a sense of reality and honesty in my coffee

Not sure it’s available in La La land so it’s not purchasable for you
The first match Pakistan was ahead when the rain came down and most Pakistani fans were praying for the rain to end. 260 would be difficult to defend for India even against Srilanka. Tournament cricket is all about winning the tournaments whoever wins the final regardless of playing each other etc will have the last laugh.

India was ahead in this game however only 25% of the contest was done in the best batting track of the tournament.

Thank you BCCI and Jay Shah for this experience. This is the 3rd time I am waking up at 5am in the morning for Ind vs Pak game, only to find out that it is raining.

Should have played this tournament in Pakistan.

BCCI will only rest once they have killed all international cricket.
Maybe Pakistan cricket yes. for Srilanka got to host the tournament for nothing.

Yes, all of us are reading it wrong. India was bowled out in the first game before their 50 overs but they had an upper hand.
Nobody had an upper hand. Chases at Pallekele are not always the easiest. Look at all the won chases involving scores above 250 in the first innings. They either have involved teams like Afghanistan , Zimbabwe , Bangladesh or they were rain-shortened chases etc. Last year, Australia won by being ahead of D/L by reaching 282/8 while chasing 301 and they won. But a full match would have been tight because SL was just as likely to dismiss the tailenders before OZ got there. And that match and some extraordinary hitting by Maxwell to even get there.

Pakistan had a good chance of chasing it but it definitely wasn't a foregone conclusion.

The first match Pakistan was ahead when the rain came down and most Pakistani fans were praying for the rain to end. 260 would be difficult to defend for India even against Srilanka. Tournament cricket is all about winning the tournaments whoever wins the final regardless of playing each other etc will have the last laugh.

India was ahead in this game however only 25% of the contest was done in the best batting track of the tournament.

Both the games Pakistan got saved due to rain.

Pallekelle's avg 1st innings score is 243...so Pakistan chasing 266 under lights looks unlikely. Also don't forget, India's momentum in that game got disrupted due to rain. Before the rain break our openers were looking good and had those interruptions didn't happen, India would have posted much higher total.

In this game, India was heading towards 330 odd runs. And it meant pretty much game over for opposition.

So @Rana is not incorrect with his assessments.

:kp

Nobody had an upper hand. Chases at Pallekele are not always the easiest. Look at all the won chases involving scores above 250 in the first innings. They either have involved teams like Afghanistan , Zimbabwe , Bangladesh or they were rain-shortened chases etc. Last year, Australia won by being ahead of D/L by reaching 282/8 while chasing 301 and they won. But a full match would have been tight because SL was just as likely to dismiss the tailenders before OZ got there. And that match and some extraordinary hitting by Maxwell to even get there.

Pakistan had a good chance of chasing it but it definitely wasn't a foregone conclusion.

The only one saying it was a foregone conclusion is the guy claiming "India were bossing it".

Most Pakistan fans said "uppr hand? yes...foregone conclusion? no".

I don't think India really cares about the Asia cup tbh. They probs weren't playing this tournament. All eyes are set on world cup.

No one cares about Asia cup that much, its pretty much just a tri series at this point..bangla, afg and nepal/uae/Oman are just their for practise matches.

14:10 Local Time, 08:40 GMT, 14:10 IST: It is persistent rain and by the looks of it it has set in. The groundsmen are not even trying to get the water out from the covers, they are sitting in the dugout and Rizwan is giving them company. Cannot spot a single person in the stands as well.

1694423129736.png

Pallekelle's avg 1st innings score is 243...so Pakistan chasing 266 under lights looks unlikely. Also don't forget, India's momentum in that game got disrupted due to rain. Before the rain break our openers were looking good and had those interruptions didn't happen, India would have posted much higher total.

In this game, India was heading towards 330 odd runs. And it meant pretty much game over for opposition.

Let's not forget india allowed Nepal to score 230 on this 243 average pallekelle ground 🤣🤣🤣

4od2chu.png

NDTV

So this will become a reality by the looks of it

First game Pakistan was ahead definitely and second game what makes you think 330 means game over these days? You can think what you want 260 was very get able on that wicket and 300 is par on this wicket.

First game Pakistan was ahead definitely and second game what makes you think 330 means game over these days? You can think what you want 260 was very get able on that wicket and 300 is par on this wicket.
Doesnt matter ... in the end it is 1 point each and it will be fun to see how rest of the tournament goes. lets settle this in final.

There is no way a game can be played out here. The ground is soo damp, even if rain stops now, its not gonna dry till night. Even if we manage a game, it would be at 10:00 pm local time where Pakistan plays a t20 game. But the ground has become very damp now.

Back