Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs India | 10-11 September | Colombo | India innings

yeh just so you know, pakistan is ranked no.1
Thanks for sharing the rankings with me. They're only lumber 1 because all the top teams rest the key players for the bilateral series whereas Pakistan plays the strongest team even against Zimbabwe & that's the only reason behind Babar's average of 60 in ODIs

Thanks for sharing the rankings with me. They're only lumber 1 because all the top teams rest the key players for the bilateral series whereas Pakistan plays the strongest team even against Zimbabwe & that's the only reason behind Babar's average of 60 in ODIs
well thats not pakistans issue.

I'm happy with us going to play India tmr. Why can't we just have India play like 5 to 6 more overs and then have them complete their overs tmr? For full 50 and then we can play our 50 overs?

Rohit and Gill were prepared for Shaheens inswinger. Shaheen needs to learn to mix and vary his inswingers with outswingers and stick to a line, length instead of trying too many things

OK Pakistan is a poor team, good job you do not expect much from them, based on your opinion they should not even make it into semis of any competitions.

Looking at the weather.com forecast, which is forecasting rain coming back in next 90 minutes, I doubt we will have much of the game left for today
Even tomorrows forecast doesn't look good. So important for pakistan to take more wickets to make their DLS target as minimal as possible.

Sides play their full strength teams against each other in bilateral. They inly rest key players against minnows.

NZ would have played their full strength side against us, their facing injuries sadly, same with Australia C team in 2019, Australia has been facing injuries for a while.

Also babar would still Average 50+ even against top side teams.

Even tomorrows forecast doesn't look good. So important for pakistan to take more wickets to make their DLS target as minimal as possible.
Honestly at this point, I'd just draw the game tbh. No point in playing in this weather today and tmr.

DLS is a fraud system. Somebody needs to come up with a better method.
no its not. its one the best statistical system ever created for sports. Infact no other sport has a statistical system ever made. The system may not be perfect but it still gives good and realistic outcomes

Rohit and Gill were prepared for Shaheens inswinger. Shaheen needs to learn to mix and vary his inswingers with outswingers and stick to a line, length instead of trying too many things
He is always predictable with his length. This has been the issue with him since beginning and we have seen it in 2020 WC semi Final as well. He needs to have more organized approach and play mind games with batters rather than just running fast, bowl full targeting the middle stump, this is too risky at international level, 7/10 times he will get smashed with little adjustments by good batters.

I'm happy with us going to play India tmr. Why can't we just have India play like 5 to 6 more overs and then have them complete their overs tmr? For full 50 and then we can play our 50 overs?
That is against the rules, if Pak are unable to complete their 20 overs, play will start from 26 overs of India's batting tomorrow.

That is against the rules, if Pak are unable to complete their 20 overs, play will start from 26 overs of India's batting tomorrow.
I'd rather prefer that, rain is coming back in an hour or so, this game isn't going anywhere lol.

I'd rather prefer that, rain is coming back in an hour or so, this game isn't going anywhere lol.
Why? Lol
Chances are it will rain even more tomorrow. It can end in no result in 2 days too this way. I'd love to complete the game however it can.

Pak is no longer No.1 ODI Team.
Pakistan never was #1 it was just an illusion in the minds of fans because we played mostly against 3rd string teams.

#1 team doesn't have this many gaps in the team. Our best batter can't play spin at all, Imam is consistent vs pace & spin but most of the time he's too slow, Fakhar always looks like a tail-ender batting & you can never count on him, we don't have a middle-order at all. In bowling, we're too reliant on getting assistance from the pitch, Our bowling goes into a shell whenever we face a quality batting side on a flaccid surface & less said about the spin is better. At this rate, it would be a miracle if we finish in the top 4 in the WC, especially with the current format which is probably the best format ever.

Pakistan never was #1 it was just an illusion in the minds of fans because we played mostly against 3rd string teams.

#1 team doesn't have this many gaps in the team. Our best batter can't play spin at all, Imam is consistent vs pace & spin but most of the time he's too slow, Fakhar always looks like a tail-ender batting & you can never count on him, we don't have a middle-order at all. In bowling, we're too reliant on getting assistance from the pitch, Our bowling goes into a shell whenever we face a quality batting side on a flaccid surface & less said about the spin is better. At this rate, it would be a miracle if we finish in the top 4 in the WC, especially with the current format which is probably the best format ever.

Rankings are big jokes nowadays.

For example, ranking says Sri Lanka are behind BD in ODI but we can see that's not true.

Ranking says Namibia's JJ Smit is a better T20 all-rounder than Rashid Khan. That's hilariously inaccurate.

Rankings no longer have any real weight.

Reserve day is only used if no overs are bowled
But 24 overs have been bowled meaning reserve day don't apply

OK Pakistan is a poor team, good job you do not expect much from them, based on your opinion they should not even make it into semis of any competitions.
They're not a poor team they're just average & yes it would be a miracle if we made the semis for the ODI WC & to the final of WTC, in T20I's anything can happen.

Reserve day is only used if no overs are bowled
But 24 overs have been bowled meaning reserve day don't apply
jay shah got the playing conditions changed. Basically game will continue form where it was left when they play on reserve day

Rankings are big jokes nowadays.

For example, ranking says Sri Lanka are behind BD in ODI but we can see that's not true.

Ranking says Namibia's JJ Smit is a better T20 all-rounder than Rashid Khan. That's hilariously inaccurate.

Rankings no longer have any real weight.
exactly my point.

The more it rains the more beneficial for pakistan. The outfield is going to be wet, thus more dangerous for our players. I would want the indian team to field more than us in those damp outfield conditions

anyone got inspection details? cricinfo reporting late

It must be by Magic Pakistan made into Asia cup final and world cup semi final.

They're not a poor team they're just average & yes it would be a miracle if we made the semis for the ODI WC & to the final of WTC, in T20I's anything can happen.
The thing is, England, Australia and India have gaps as well.

Rohit performed today in a once in a blue moon performance. He's been poor and will be poor again in the upcoming games. Rahul is bang Average, India's tail behind at 7 and their tail is hilarious. Shubman Gill was onsong today bit he's looked like a tail ender in the first game because he has genuine problems with swing. He's one heck of a batter if he survives the first 7 to 10 overs though.

Kishan role in the team is currently unclear for management etc etc.

I can Overly analyse England, Australia in the same way. No team is perfect and pakistan aren't Average. Their good. They ain't the best, but pak, India, Australia Nz and England are likely making it to SF. Its between these 5 only.

SA are the worst tournament team I've had the privilege of watching since 2011. The other teams are a non factor.

It must be by Magic Pakistan made into Asia cup final and world cup semi final, and World Cup Semi Final.
Pakistan is a good team. Although last t20 world cup was magic 😂. The rest was by merit but last one was by pure luck, Netherlands beat SA against all odds.

Pakistan is a good team. Although last t20 world cup was magic 😂. The rest was by merit but last one was by pure luck, Netherlands beat SA against all odds.
and Zimbabwe beat us against all odds to..

People whine about Pakistan making it to the semis, but they often forget the other contender was South Africa, so if you gonna bash for Pakistan making it, than how can anayone say SA should had made it?

The more it rains the more beneficial for pakistan. The outfield is going to be wet, thus more dangerous for our players. I would want the indian team to field more than us in those damp outfield conditions
Yh but I'd rather us beat India properly 😂. I have these rain infested games. That's Jay Shah for you though.

Still don't get why tournament couldn't be hosted in UAE or bangaldesh. Why Sri lanka of all places in the literal mansoon season.

Yh but I'd rather us beat India properly 😂. I have these rain infested games. That's Jay Shah for you though.

Still don't get why tournament couldn't be hosted in UAE or bangaldesh. Why Sri lanka of all places in the literal mansoon season.
he wanted to damage pakistans revenue and pockets.

the tournament should had been in Pakistan

and Zimbabwe beat us against all odds to..

People whine about Pakistan making it to the semis, but they often forget the other contender was South Africa, so if you gonna bash for Pakistan making it, than how can anayone say SA should had made it?
I'm not bashing pakistan? I straight up acknowledged the previous games were by merit lol.

But the last t20 world cup wasn't. Our players were clueless in Australian conditions, and the only game we genuinely dominated in was pakistan vs NZ because that was the only pitch which was extremely similar to pur own home pitch. Every game was a massive struggle lol.

he wanted to damage pakistans revenue and pockets.

the tournament should had been in Pakistan
You and i both know India would never come to Pakistan irrespective of who was sitting on the bcci throne.

umpires seem unhappy, a second inspection will happen.

Just so you guys know it hasnt rained for over an hour now. Just the outfield is too damp

Both Pakistan and India should refuse to play in these conditions with the World Cup less than a month away. What's the point of risking your main fast bowlers on a soggy outfield for a meaningless ODI?

Cummins, Boult, Bumrah, Hazlewood don't lose the plot and get attacked mercilessly when the conditions don't favour them. Shaheen invariably does. He's still a long way from being a great bowler.
Compare the wealth of ODI experience they've got to Shaheen and the others.

You cannot expect somebody who debuted 5 years ago to perform with the maturity of far more polished bowlers who've been playing for a decade or more in vastly superior teams + the best domestic white ball competition in the world (IPL).

What's inexcusable is when the pacers have an off-day, there's nobody else Babar can turn to for wickets. Shadab Khan isn't good enough for Afghanistan's bench forget their 1st team. He's made no effort to improve his bowling since his debut.

I don't know why they made SL host during a rainy season. Why not play in Singapore or Malaysia? I remember they used to arrange cricket tournaments in those countries.

You and i both know India would never come to Pakistan irrespective of who was sitting on the bcci throne.
and thats the fault of Pakistan. They should had continued with it. Screw anyone who doesnt want to come.

Looks like Pakistan will escape another inevitable defeat in this Asia Cup at the hands of Bharat.
Lucky stuff

and thats the fault of Pakistan. They should had continued with it. Screw anyone who doesnt want to come.
I agree it's Pakistan's fault but tbf, a tournament without India would mean a revamped schedule of games, plus the tournament wouldn't have been intresting without India, it would just be a Sri lanka vs pakistan series with bangla and Nepal and Afghanistan serving as practise matches.

It's the fault of Jay Shah, he has Done a disservice to his own team lol. This is terrible practise for India, since they haven't gotten or played a single game that wasn't rain affected.

This is £30 on a TNT Sports subscription I'll never get back.

Why couldn't they fix the lights at Dambulla ? That ground was inaugurated in 2001 !

Why has a cricket stadium been built in a nature reserve in Hambantota ?

This is exactly why Asian countries won't dominate the world like the West have done any time soon. There's so much petty politics, corruption, cut your nose off to spite your face etc.

I think this ground is dangerous now for both teams. Too wet.

They should either play it tomorrow or call it off to prevent injuries before World Cup.

India Pak game is so important apparently that they had to bend rules to accommodate a non knockout game for another reserve day..but same time Indians dnt want anything that has to do with Pakistan. irony of it

India Pak game is so important apparently that they had to bend rules to accommodate a non knockout game for another reserve day..but same time Indians dnt want anything that has to do with Pakistan. irony of it

Catch-22 situation.

Not interested in personal attacks on other posters

If nothing useful to say, best to find another thread to post on

For me, Misbah is history. He retired 7 years ago. I don't discuss him unless it's on a Misbah specific thread. Anybody who has been here long enough knows Misbah resides in your head 24/7 and you bring him into your discussion at every opportunity.

Look you can deflect and spin it however you wish.

You and I both know that your unwarranted criticism of Shaheen comes from your following of Misbah. That's why I brought him up, to remind you not to think of every aspect of cricket through the lens of Misbah. It's blindingly obvious to see that your view of Pakistan's best player is clouded because you blindly follow him.

If you look at some of the most respectable and active posters (such as Markhor, Mamoon, Rana and etc) on PP who like myself do not agree with Misbah's methods, they hold Shaheen in much higher regard.

This is what the problem area of the outfield looked like half an hour ago, which has been holding up play.

1694357475230.png

Groundstaff trying a few makeshift solutions for wet patches:

1694357609181.png

Just hold the game for tmr and pray that it doesn't rain. I'd rather have India play 34 overs, and then complete their 16 tmr. And have a full 50 over game.

Quotes from the 2 on-field umpires:

Chris Gaffaney: "We've got two main issues - at point and square leg - two high-traffic areas where it's wet and soft. The foundation of the ground is too soft and too wet and it's dangerous to continue right now. Hopefully with another 10-12 minutes of drying, it gets good enough for play."

Ruchira Palliyaguruge: "We're trying our best to get the game going. Possible by 9 o'clock, but it all depends [on the weather and the drying process]."

Gaffaney: "Ideally we'll try to give as much to both teams (in terms of overs). But it depends on how fit the ground is. We're aiming for 9 o clock, but we will see."

Palliyaguruge: "Whatever the decision we make after the inspection. Suppose we start at 9 o clock for a 34-over game, and rain comes. We'll come back tomorrow at 34-over game."

Gaffaney: "If we get more rain now and we don't get going today, we'll start off at 3 o'clock tomorrow for a 50-over game starting with India at 24.1 overs."

Rain stopped like ages ago and they are still trying to dry with fans. 😆
SLC is a joke.

game will get called off for today, see you guys tomr

So india will now play again tomarrow and than on wednesday haahhahaha

Karma strikes

The same story tomorrow as well hopefully. Thanks almighty. I hope that it Wont stop raining until the final.

Why wasn’t this held in Pakistan alone or and added Dubai instead of SL. Politics ruing cricket ffs just play the game. Crickets only played properly by a dozen teams and it doesn’t need more isolation

Back