Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs India | 10-11 September | Colombo | India innings

Too much damage to pakistan with this Wicket. Shadab not gonna anywhere for next 3 years

Lol. Gill took single on a juicy ball and Rohit gone next ball.
He is overrated. He only excels on flat wickets. Watch him vs spin and swing. He will struggle. Hit of swing and he goes missing.

Let's see the Mickey Arthur Grant Bradburn Pakistan way approach in this game

Baffling decision again from leadership group. Bowling first on this track in these conditions? But what's more disappointing is the way the bowling attack and Babar's captaincy has crumbled under a bit of pressure. Taking all your slips out for Rauf's first over is poor. Shadab's full tosses and Faheem's legside bowling also poor. If we're not taking early wickets we will crumble that's what it looks like.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Kohli is the last player you would want to see coming in now.

Ind vs Pak is a huuuge mental battle. As soon as you know your toss call wasn't right you are under huge mental pressure. The outcome would have been different if India won the toss and decided to bat.

Kohli will slow down the run rate now. But can't blame him. A batsman got to take his time.

I don't get the obsession over Shaheen. He's a very average bowler when the ball doesn't swing. He's just hyped because he gets wicket in his first over because of the ball swinging. Doesn't have any bowling IQ when the ball goes gun barrel straight.
Most bowlers in world cricket look average when the ball doesn't swing.

Shaheen's problem is when the ball actually swings - he sometimes overattacks and lacks the patience to just hit a consistent channel.

That's the effect of playing too much T20 when you're trying to bowl six different balls an over.

Shaheen has an issue with losing his head completely when attacked.

Too many instances that has happened. Unfortunately, he ends up setting the wrong tone and the whole team flattens as a result.
Shaheen is mentally weak. Attack him and he will behave like an Afridi.

I rate Naseem highly. He has improved busting his behind in the domestic circuit.

India score 375

Fakhar on the aggressive early, edges a few boundaries for 4. Imam will eat his 35 dots for 17, Fakhar top edges for a catch trying to release pressure, Babar rebuilds as Imam ticks to a 50 off 65 before getting out. Babar falls for a pretty 25 with a few nice cover drives, Rizwan scratches around for 30. Ifty, Salman fall cheap trying to stick with the required rate, Haris Rauf will smash a six to take us to 200 all out

So on helpful surfaces they aren't anything special then right? Doesn't that mean they can only do well on flatties?

We have seen the same trio struggle vs spin/swing over the last 4 years. They still have the same exploitable weaknesses. Only good when it's flat.
They don’t do well, they MURDER on flat tracks

Pakistan batsmen do well on flat tracks. They don’t dismantle bowling attacks

The best thing about shaheen is that if you attack him, he can come back

Yes! Two wickets down in no time! Keep attacking!

They don’t do well, they MURDER on flat tracks

Pakistan batsmen do well on flat tracks. They don’t dismantle bowling attacks
Pitches won't be so flat In the world cup. As it gets into latter stages, pitch will get more spin friendly.

And he is gone. Just as I thought. Overrated.

India always falter whenever they take the foot off the gas against Pakistan

Been saying this for the past 2 years. Pakistan can only beat these teams in bilaterals where other teams send their C teams
knee jerk reactions as always.

2 wickets and now what?

I don't get the obsession over Shaheen. He's a very average bowler when the ball doesn't swing. He's just hyped because he gets wicket in his first over because of the ball swinging. Doesn't have any bowling IQ when the ball goes gun barrel straight.
Hope that answered your query. He canoot be at top every game, especially when he is playing a lot and carrying niggles.

Here comes the man (KL) who is always under pressure for no reason. Lol

Shaheen is mentally weak. Attack him and he will behave like an Afridi.

I rate Naseem highly. He has improved busting his behind in the domestic circuit.
ooh plz, bowlers will get attack no matter what. Thats cricket. You nee to be able to recover and comeback, and we have seen shhaheen recover twice agaisnt India with a bang.

Leg cutter...at least he using his brain
Yeah, good decision by Babar to remove him and bring him back the moment first wicket fell. Once Shaheen loses the plot he loses it completely. He looks relaxed now.

Did not expect to see Rahul??
Lol thought india threw him out. Guess he was injured. Poor decision by india to play this Rahul guy who is a very average player against good bowling.

Shubman gill got decieved by a cutter, terrific stuff from Shaheen.

I can understand captain is clueless about not getting in slip, but can't bowler ask for it ?

Shadab haa bowler full tosses ..half trackers absolutely pathetic ..i am afraid runs are already too much

hitman got out to an absolute halwa ball but terric catch by the pak fielder.
Good strategy to bring back SSA and his slower one gets Gill...good bowling...this pitch looks one on which if you hold it back slightly and bowl slower ones, u can thrive as lack of pace will make it hard to hit....
i felt one big change in Gill's batting was that definative forward press, and i believe he's worked real hard on it - u rock Gillo....
coming back....india gotta press on the advantage, pak sensing an opening

2 quick ones, need to capitalise and not lwt things drift too much
a little puzzling from babar on why he did not opt for a slip or two for shaheen with 2 new batsman with the ball coming across them

Back