[Aus Win by 25 runs] Pak v Aus | U19 World Cup Final | Sutcliffe Oval | 29/01/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
WithLoveFromCanada said:
FOUR!!!

muaaaah to Sledger!!!
What are you on about? One boundary has not changed the sway of this game.

I agree with Sledger. We should take PP now since Sarmad can time it properly whereas Azeem can chip in as well

74 from 86

Thats a difference of 12 in our favour, which is pretty good - aslong as we dont allow the difference go the other way we are still in with a chance

Uncle Sam said:
kuch kar dikhaaney ki himmat nahi hai yar hum logon mein ,,,, BUZDIL QOME !!!
Final tak ap ki phuphi nay pohnchi hay :pissed:

Last edited:
the thing is once u take pp u need to start goin for shots and have more risk of gettin out...guess they wanna get a bit closer to the target

Sometimes taking the powerplay just brings on a collapse - i would trust the captain's judgement on this

Pressure of a run chase in a final.. always causes problems.

Sledger said:
Pressure of a run chase in a final.. always causes problems.

Our last 2 matches were not easy chases

I just dont think we are good at chasing - we should always bat first, especially when we have a fragile top order - creates a huge amount of pressure on the middle and lower order, and as we saw today Hammad cant always bail us out

Geordie Ahmed said:
Our last 2 matches were not easy chases

I just dont think we are good at chasing - we should always bat first, especially when we have a fragile top order - creates a huge amount of pressure on the middle and lower order, and as we saw today Hammad cant always bail us out
Yep, I was shocked at Pakistan's decision to bowl first but at the halfway stage it seemed a good move. Even though Pakistan are useless at chasing targets, every team finds it tough in a final when the pressure really is on.

The worms are identical but Australia's tail is a lot stronger.

why do even take a power play? There has been mostly 1 or 2 fielders out side the circle ALL ALONG the innings

shaaan said:
Ghuman needs to pick it up now...can;t just keep on blocking everything.
salam, how are you? true, If we don't lose wicket and the run rate is 6 and under I think we will be fine Insha-Allah

Ausralia really know how to win games, 69 needed off 68 now.

Uncle Sam said:
why do even take a power play? There has been mostly 1 or 2 fielders out side the circle ALL ALONG the innings

i was about to write the same thing!!!

Its no point Ghumman going for it right now, might as well give it everything during the powerplay

If we score at 4 an over for the next 7 overs, it will leave us to get 40 from the last 5 overs, most likely powerplay as well, which is manageable

keep the faith guys

Australia 100% deserves to win this game simply because they are mentally smarter than Pakistan.

maybe they are going to target the last 10, like the senior team normally do

iZeeshan said:
69 from 68 uh oh

It isnt uh oh yet - if one of these gets out within the next 6 overs then it will be uh oh

For now they need to get to the 45th over mark, obviously get the powerplay and hopefully bring the cup home

t_kaay said:
maybe they are going to target the last 10, like the senior team normally do

The last 5 i reckon, which is the sensible thing to do

I think the plan by Ghumman is correct and sensible - Inshallah he can pull it off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back