Australia V England - 2nd test Adelaide (Day 1)

266/3 at close. Collingwood 98* Pietersen 60*

superb days batting from England

PlanetPakistan said:
there is absolutely no swing for Lee

Whether there was swing or not, I don't think he'd be any more effective. He's massively overrated.

As for KP, nearly gifted his wicket away on the 2nd last ball of the day.

Will Collywobble get his ton? He deserves to.

No he doesn't. But a good day for England 3-266, well placed to post an innings total over 450, which is probably par for this track. The bounce will get more uneven over the next few days but we should still have a result.

I can't believe how dumb and idiotic England's management is, especially Fletcher. He leaves out Panesar for Giles because Giles can "bat and field" a little bit. For gods sake, if your top 6 or 7 batsmen don't make runs, then how is just one batsman (part-time batsman to be fair) is going to get runs! If your top batsmen don't make runs then you don't deserve to win the game! Personally, England threw the Ashes away the moment they picked Giles over Panesar for his "Batting,".

I really hope England loses this match for being so idiotic. They will only learn the lesson the hard way.

Last edited:
OZGOD said:
No he doesn't. But a good day for England 3-266, well placed to post an innings total over 450, which is probably par for this track. The bounce will get more uneven over the next few days but we should still have a result.
Wth? You jut said that he deserves his ton, then you reply back saying he doesnt.
Are you just trying to gain posts? lol
I havnt seen todays play so I do not know if he deserves it or not.

Just wait for the collapse; We can't go an England innings without a huge collapse can we? Collingwood out for 99 and England skittled for 290.

So far so good. Once both of these 2 get their 100s, they should push it along and hopefully 500 can be reached.

evertonfan said:
Just wait for the collapse; We can't go an England innings without a huge collapse can we? Collingwood out for 99 and England skittled for 290.

You are one pessimist. Brilliant day for England, this is shaping up to be like Edgbaston 2005.

Easa said:
You are one pessimist. Brilliant day for England, this is shaping up to be like Edgbaston 2005.

Don't get me wrong, I want to score 600 runs at 7 an over to shut those bloody Aussies up as much as any England fan, but it just won't happen. These days, whenever England lose a wicket they lose 3. Whenever we break a partnership the rest of the team crumbles.

I'm up for a bit of humble pie though...

Sean. said:
Wth? You jut said that he deserves his ton, then you reply back saying he doesnt.
Are you just trying to gain posts? lol
I havnt seen todays play so I do not know if he deserves it or not.

Don't be a muppet. My first post was in reference to him deserving his ton (the first sentence was "will he get his ton?". My second post was that he did not get his ton. Give yourself a good slap mate, it might help your comprehension. :>

Last edited:
evertonfan said:

You're the pessimist which balances Rob H's optimism. Taken together, you both become a normal person. :)))

Today was brilliant for us. This already looks like the most resilient England side to tour Australia for some time - 1-0 down in the series and 45-2 on a placid wicket, and some of the past sides would have wilted - not this one. We have come back from a difficult situation brilliantly, again proving why our middle order, so often referred to by the 'experts' as one of the flimsiest, is actually one of the toughest and most underrated. Finishing the day at 200-2 with Bell and Collingwood would have been a satisfactory platform for the big guns tomorrow, but another superb knock from Pietersen took the innings up a few gears and has made the day even better.

Hopefully the two guys at the crease survive the new ball, and then a couple of big hundreds will be there for the taking. I'm especially pleased for Collingwood. Less natural talent to hold a bat than the rest of the top 7, even Jones IMO, but he has been one of our best players this year.

My concern is, how is our pop gun attack going to take 20 wickets on this thing? The bowling is Brisbane suggested very little. If Harmison and Flintoff can extract more life from it than the mediocre Aussie seam attack have up to now, I think we will win the match.

Only bad point of the day - the team selection. No Panesar again!

Last edited:
Back