Status
Not open for further replies.

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Match abandoned - points shared

108853.2.jpg

Must win for both teams really, if they want to progress. A loss and the Rockstars are pretty much gone, back home to a welcome of rotten fruit and vegetables and burning effigies. OZ can afford to lose but we wouldn't want to leave it all up to winning against Pakistan who are unpredictable and mercurial and currently in form.

If Pup doesn't play it will be a big loss for us as he's probably our best player of spin. For India, Tendy will be the big danger as always, along with their spin attack.

Two hours to go! May the best team win.

Australia vs India, ICC Champions Trophy, 2009: September 28, 2009

Indias battle for survival http://www.cricinfo.com/iccct2009/content/current/story/426886.html

Venue: Centurion

Stats say: (last five completed matches, most recent first)

Australia - WLWWW
India - LWLWW

Pitch :

Team Updates:

India squad [unconfirmed]

MS Dhoni*†, R Dravid, G Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, KD Karthik, V Kohli, P Kumar, A Mishra, AM Nayar, A Nehra, YK Pathan, SK Raina, I Sharma, RP Singh, SR Tendulkar

Australia Squad[unconfirmed]

Match scheduled (GMT): 14.30 start, First Session 14.30-18.00, Interval 18.00-18.45, Second Session 18.45-22.15

Toss :

Weather report (BBC/weathercity.com)

22-12 partly cloudy with SHOWERS Expected

Last edited by a moderator:
come on india............oh what if aussies threah us...............come on aussies.................no no i want indo-pak final..............come on india....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................there is chance of pakistan going out before india if india win............................................................................................................................................. come on Australia

Free Hit, glad you are with us mate! Hope you're feeling better and recovering well, and hope we can delivery you a victory.

come on indiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I expect australian batsmen to beat the indian bowling.
I want to see sachin gautam and raina score some big sixes...hope its another high scoring match with india getting a victory

Bloody Tendulkar. At least Laxman not playing. :D

Hopefully we get a bouncy pitch for some chin music.

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
Bloody Tendulkar. At least Laxman not playing. :D

Hopefully we get a bouncy pitch for some chin music.

yes it would make it more challenging for india esp if they take first strike

OZGOD said:
Free Hit, glad you are with us mate! Hope you're feeling better and recovering well, and hope we can delivery you a victory.

thanks, am in my bed, free from college, and only thing which comes into my mind is PP

indiancricketer said:
don't use such language abt a respected person.

I believe no disrespect is intended.....its all from a cricketing point of view....... he knows what damage this great Indian champion can do.
That shows fear as opposed to hatred :D

I remember a west indian commentator telling an indian commentator that sometimes he wanted to get a sniper at gavaskar........all joke and fun.
Sunil was a thorn in the west indies flesh at that time. :))

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
Indian phir ro rahe hain :inzi

LOL you're getting pretty decent at this mate. I have no idea what you just said. :))

OZGOD said:
LOL you're getting pretty decent at this mate. I have no idea what you just said. :))
"The Indians are crying again."

Have no idea how he learned it.

Should be a good game....looking forward to it!

Come on Australia!

If India don't play Yousuf Pathan, I hope they get slaughtered.

Raz said:
If India don't play Yousuf Pathan, I hope they get slaughtered.

I hope they play him - Ive just 'rested' the real pathan for this one for my Fantasy XI!

Looks like a few Aussies, a few Indians and a few Pakistanis are comfortably seated at Stadium PP already.

Perfect atmosphere!

Let's hope we have a cracking match. It's hard to decide whom to support. I guess will go for the underdog (Australia). :D

Salaam bhaiyo!

Last edited:
Oxy said:
I hope they play him - Ive just 'rested' the real pathan for this one for my Fantasy XI!

You might just have made a mistake there. I get the feeling he won't play since Dhoni wants more bowlers in the line-up and it is at Centurion that they are playing. I really cannot see how Mishra is really going to do that much better than Pathan and of course he is nowhere near the league of Yusuf's when it comes to batting.

If anything drop Kohli and play Mishra would make more sense.

C'mon Australia, thrash them good and proper

Dont want India to progress and potentially beat us in the semi's or final

Momo said:
A fan of YPathan, Raz?

Yes indeed, well when he's not playing against Pakistan. I like the sheer ferocity of his batting, his body language, his fielding, even his bowling. Very, very powerful striker of the ball.

Raz said:
Yes indeed, well when he's not playing against Pakistan. I like the sheer ferocity of his batting, his body language, his fielding, even his bowling. Very, very powerful striker of the ball.
I haven't seen him at his best (my fault as I am not that big a viewer now) but I will take your word for it.

But it's surprising because his big brother is a sissy in disguise.

Geordie Ahmed said:
C'mon Australia, thrash them good and proper

Dont want India to progress and potentially beat us in the semi's or final

You know it's funny you say that, because that is precisely what a friend of mine was saying during the semi final of the 2007 T20 World Cup between India and Australia. But I argued that I would prefer India to meet us in the final, only for us to then beat them in a final and lift the cup. Needless to say, it didn't quite go to plan, but Pakistan's record in ODI finals against India has been very, very good. I believe they have won about 4 or 5 and only lost once. The Kitply Cup final being the most recent one.

Go the Aussies....Callum Ferguson is gonna do something special 2day and of course the best batsman in the team.... MJ

Momo said:
I haven't seen him at his best (my fault as I am not that big a viewer now) but I will take your word for it.

But it's surprising because his big brother is a sissy in disguise.

You mean younger brother Irfan right? :D Yup Yusuf is older than Irfan, believe it or not and yes they cannot really be compared. Irfan is, but a wimp, Yusuf 'looks' like a beast.

Random Aussie said:
A new one every series. :D

Looking forward to some bowling fireworks tonight.
:))

Go Australia! I will be especially cheering for my newfound hero MJ. :14:

Momo said:

Go Australia! I will be especially cheering for my newfound hero MJ. :14:

Newfound hero Momo? Care to explain?

Raz said:
You mean younger brother Irfan right? :D Yup Yusuf is older than Irfan, believe it or not and yes they cannot really be compared. Irfan is, but a wimp, Yusuf 'looks' like a beast.
Oh my apologies to you and the Pathan brothers.
:inzi

Raz said:
Newfound hero Momo? Care to explain?

Not in the :afridi category of course.

Not even in the :iamlegend :shahzaib category.

Not even in the :ajmal category.

Just a hero. :inzi

[Have you seen how he belts the ball?]

Come on boys, lets beat the Indians today. :D

Aussies FTW !

Same track which was used in the last game between England and Saffies yesterday.

Momo said:

Not in the :afridi category of course.

Not even in the :iamlegend :shahzaib category.

Not even in the :ajmal category.

Just a hero. :inzi

[Have you seen how he belts the ball?]

Ah yes, his batting is one to admire, very good timing, but more importantly there's sure some power being "transferred" to the ball. :afridi

Raz said:
Ah yes, his batting is one to admire, very good timing, but more importantly there's sure some power being "transferred" to the ball. :afridi
Yes, the 'message' :afridi is spreading fast.

Seems like there's a 70% chance of rain later on (7pm +)...

I have a baaaaaaad feeling records will tumble today :anwar

When is this match supposed to start? I thought it was 12.30GMT, isn't it 12.39GMT now? Or is daylight saving stuffing me up?

There are showers forecast for the evening - maybe more interesting than we think.

OZGOD said:
When is this match supposed to start? I thought it was 12.30GMT, isn't it 12.39GMT now? Or is daylight saving stuffing me up?

50 Minutes still to go.

And to confirm the weather forecast for Johannesburg ( BBC Weather)

Attachments

• 28Sepweather.JPG
    28Sepweather.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 104
So with rain predicted, should one win the toss and bowl 1st and then bat according to the DuckWorth-Lewis System?

I would rather love to bat 1st.

Thinks we will be giving good ole Duckworth and Lewis a homage today.

Pitch The experts reckon it's going to be a very good batting track. (cricinfo) Toss is important

Afridi_Fan said:
So with rain predicted, should one win the toss and bowl 1st and then bat according to the DuckWorth-Lewis System?

I would rather love to bat 1st.
I would bat second and make sure to not lose wickets, since wickets are a highly weighted resource in DL. And would bat at a lower run rate. :13:

If any batsman in world cricket deserves to break Anwar's record I'd like Ponting to do so, today, against the Indians :D

I'll definately be chearin for the Aussies. It gaurantees we go through, and since we won't have to play SA in the semis there is no need to finish on top spot.

So Ponting wins the toss - advantage Aus already?

I predict a 350+ score, with Ponting hitting a 200+ score himself. Get the jinx thread ready guys.

Anyone list the teams - who is is instaed of Y Pathan?

Is it just me or does Dhoni sound a bit down, almost timid in his interview at the toss?

Praveen will get hamered as far as I think as there is no help for pacers on this track.

Juggernaut said:
Is it just me or does Dhoni sound a bit down, almost timid in his interview at the toss?
It's do die for them. I'm sure he was thinking he'd win the toss an give his team the edge.

:)) at Bhajji interview.

Harbhajan Singh: "We didn't have a good game last time. I had one of the bad days. You can't keep on taking five wickets or three wickets every day. I have learned my lessons. I was trying too much for taking wickets; I went for 71 runs which is quite a lot. That game is gone. it's a fresh day today and I hope I come strong today.

Michael Clarke not playing.

Callum Ferguson coming in.

They've got some depth these Aussies.

Come on the Aussies!!

Hammer the Indians and send them home.

lets see what ishant "100mph wannabe" sharma does 2day

lol

The CIA agents are back on the pitch. They even have code names, Waz and Shaz!!

Juggernaut said:

In Saj's words...'fat & flat'?

Inswinger said:
The CIA agents are back on the pitch. They even have code names, Waz and Shaz!!

Meanwhile in the UK, we are listening to John Emburey in the studio....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back