Australia v India | CT 2009 | Centurion | 28/9/09 [Match Abandoned due to rain]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poison said:
Bump the thread. :anwar
Nah I'll give him twenty more runs or ten minutes, whichever comes earlier, before invoking 'that' one.

Not only does Dhoni need captaincy, batting and media skills from Younis Khan - he should also ask him for advice on hitting the stumps.

If one is listening to the commontry for the 1st ime he will get the idea that Indian team is untouchable.

Watson has had a shocker for me in my FAntasy XI - 2 ducks :(

Run out missed Paine had stabbed the ball behind the wicket and hesitated when Ponting called him over for a quick single. He then rushes across. Dhoni swooped on the ball and fired it towards the non-striker's end. PK (Praveen Kumar) wasn't at the stumps, he lunged out to collect but let the ball slip. Had he collected it cleanly or stood near the stumps, there could have been run out.

I thought I heard a nick...might have been thigh pad?

Ghoshtbuster said:
Not only does Dhoni need captaincy, batting and media skills from Younis Khan - he should also ask him for advice on hitting the stumps.

:yk

Geez we're all over the shop at the moment. We need to settle down and pound this ordinary Indian attack

Oxy said:
Watson has had a shocker for me in my FAntasy XI - 2 ducks :(
I think it was a bigger shocker on the part of the 'selector'. :D

Amjid Javed said:
Oooh! Punter survives a good LBW shout!

5/1

I'm only ollowing this game on cricinfo and cant find any reference to an LBW shout or the ball even hitting his pads.

Ponting looking like Devon Malcolm - Nehra looking like McGrath!

loud shout for a catch down the leg side: It was a short of length delivery on the leg stump line, Ponting tries to play the leg glance and it appears to have gone off the hip. Dhoni lunged to his left to collect it.

NOt seen Ponting look so uncomfortable in a long time!

Momo said:
I think it was a bigger shocker on the part of the 'selector'. :D
They are Wasting Watson!!! he is an all rounder & fast bowling all rounders never opens the Batting, In order to utilize both he needs to play down the order :137:

Ian Chappel read the surface perfectly from the commentary box, Wasim and Shastri were on the square, were they looking at the wrong one??

Max Paine doing some damage here for India

Kumar to Paine, FOUR, drifts towards the pads and Paine plays the leg glance to the fine-leg boundary.

"Good start from Australia. A steady start!"

Now I am sure Wasim Akram smokes something. :))

Ghoshtbuster said:
Ian Chappel read the surface perfectly from the commentary box, Wasim and Shastri were on the square, were they looking at the wrong one??

Ian CHappel is one of the best cricketing brains out there.

Was, Shaz, Baz & Taz are just ESPN/Star gimmicks..

Well if we're gonna back Australia today we better act like supports right?

DROP WATSON, HE'S SO USELSS!

Ponting is such a FTB , all you need is little swing or little spin ...Munaf patel would have looked better batting here :D

Momo said:
"Good start from Australia. A steady start!"

Now I am sure Wasim Akram smokes something. :))
looking at he number of appeals & good bowling you have to say its a matter of survival though they couldn't have survived against :aamir :akhtar

Mohsin said:
Well if we're gonna back Australia today we better act like supports right?

DROP WATSON, HE'S SO USELSS!

Ponting smiles a lot

RexRex said:
ponting will hit 140 ... u heard it here first

Read the first page of the thread :anwar His record is in doubt for me.

Stadium is virtually empty? Surely Indian fans should be out in force getting behind their boyzzzz

jusarrived said:
Ponting is such a FTB , all you need is little swing or little spin ...Munaf patel would have looked better batting here :D
11843 runs at an average of 42.90 he has nothing to prove to someone like you

MIG said:
Max Paine doing some damage here for India

lol

i would also like to note that T-pain is opening the batting for Aussie (for our PP r&B hip hop fans)

anyways what a slow start by aus :pissed:

Oxy said:
Stadium is virtually empty? Surely Indian fans should be out in force getting behind their boyzzzz

Work day - expect more in the evening, I guess

Oxy said:

All went home with their tails between their legs after the Pakistan debacle. :afridi

Sharma to Paine, FOUR, 133,5 kmph back of length delivery outside off stump, Paine reaches out for it and in the end plays well away from the body. the bottom-hand came off the handle at the last minute but he went through with the uppish on the up square drive and clears point

Sharma to Paine, SIX, fires in a short one and Paine rocks back to play a crunching pull over square-leg boundary. 10 runs so far in this over

What in the world has happened to Sharma? :| I thought he was a good prospect !

Ghoshtbuster said:
Wasim/Shastri are rookies when compared to Chappel. Another minor problem that works against them is that they inhale a bit too excessively.

Ishant is really bowling at 100 MPH the speed gun is not working otherwise how the ball can travel so fast off the bat?

Its all due to Ishant's extra pace.

lol...whats gone wrong with sharma ? poor thing has lost it.

What has happened to 100MPH bowler? He seems to have lost everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back