Australia v India | CT 2009 | Centurion | 28/9/09 [Match Abandoned due to rain]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree India tail is very long. The guys at the top need to get most of the runs

Oxy said:
Meanwhile in the UK, we are listening to John Emburey in the studio....
Willow is the way to go. Pick and choose your analysts. They've got Waqar on STAR, Wasim on DirecTv, and the SKY crew.

The Rogues Gallery:

Attachments

• rogues.JPG
    rogues.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 69
Stuart Law saying India have probably missed a trick by picking Dravid for this tourney.

Maybe should have gone for a younger player, new blood, maybe even someone completely unheard of.

It would have been a great learning experiance.

Juggernaut said:
Stuart Law saying India have probably missed a trick by picking Dravid for this tourney.

Maybe should have gone for a younger player, new blood, maybe even someone completelt unheard of.

It would have been a great learning experiance.
Should have stuck with Rohit Sharma....

Ravi SHastri: 'Was' for Wasim, what do you think of this wicket ?

Wasim: Well 'Shas' for Shastri, as you can see there is a tinge of grass nicely rolled on the wicket, it wont turn like the centurian, it is a typical bat first wicket; win toss bat first and put 300 onboard and it will be a nightmare for the bowlers...

Thanks you so much 'Was' for putting it so bluntly, I feel great now ...

I think if we get 300+ it will be very difficult for India given their long tail.

A midget singing the australia national anthem :))

Ok technically a dwarf and I shouldn't laugh.

Expect Wasim Akram to say atleast once:

Blah di blah is the best fielder in Australia/India side.

Short of the man, there is some bounce in the Pitch.

Look out for Lee and Co.

Up in the air from Watson.

Thought it was out.

Just drops short of Kohli.

This pitch is tricky. At least in the first few overs. May be later also.

btw, is it just me or is there now 80 posts per page?

Ian Chappel being his usual honest self. It's an absolute delight to hear his commentary.

Intresting to see how pitch behaves latter in evening!

Come on you Aussies!

don1990 said:
hope for good contest b/w both teams........

No I personally hope India get absolutely demolished and go back home with their tails between their legs.

Twatson you useless cowlashing fool!! :po:

Doesn't look a perfect batting strip to me as it was precieved by Akram in the pitch report, definately something is there for the Bowlers.

Poison said:
No I personally hope India get absolutely demolished and go back home with their tails between their legs.
i also have same heatly feelings....

Nehra to Watson, OUT, Nehra takes out Watto. It was the bouncing delivery on the middle stump line, angling away towards off, Watson went for the pull but it's too weak a shot. the ball balloons towards Harbhajan at midwicket. Watson was troubled throughout the first over and looked to take the aggressive route this over but he is gone

My advice - NEVER trust any of these so called pundits when it comes to pitch reports - one does wonder what they did when they played !

RexRex said:
anyone think tendu will reach 17000 tonight ??
I am not sure about the fans but can tell you that that is all Tendulkar will be playing for.
:))

Ian Chappell on air : " Bit of unusual looking pitch. There are some green areas and some dry dead areas. There might be some variable bounce."

MIG said:
My advice - NEVER trust any of these so called pundits when it comes to pitch reports - one does wonder what they did when they played !

especially Shastri and Akram

I can see Indian bowlers getting a few more Wickets early on here!

Almost carried back to the bowler. The is not a perfect batting strip.

What is happening out there?. I'm at work and just following the score at cricinfo.
4 overs bowled and only 5 runs, thought it was a belter or is it the indians who are bowling well? India after 4 over will have at least 20 runs on the board.
Come on you stupid aussies.

Poison said:
Maybe Aussies just overestimated how quick the Indians can/could bowl?
It's really dangerous/silly? to believe the Indian hype created by India itself.

Nehra to Paine, 1 run, around 134 kmph length delivery angling away from Paine who deflects it down to third man for another single

DEMONIC !

Nehra to Ponting, FOUR, Classy extra-cover drive. Wonderful foot work. He stretched well forward, leaning completely into the shot and caressed the ball through the off side.

That last ball was not even a full delivery; it was a length delivery but he stretched well forward to get close to the length and drove on the up. Really neat shot.

IAJ said:
What is happening out there?. I'm at work and just following the score at cricinfo.
4 overs bowled and only 5 runs, thought it was a belter or is it the indians who are bowling well? India after 4 over will have at least 20 runs on the board.
Come on you stupid aussies.
Nehra is bowling well. And the pitch has still a lot of moisture in it. I think it will settle now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back