Australia v India | CT 2009 | Centurion | 28/9/09 [Match Abandoned due to rain]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inswinger said:
All those teams have at least 2 bowlers who can rip through a lineup in a matter of overs. This current Indian attack looks impotent. With Bhaji struggling the others are not stepping up. Playing Kumar in place of RP was a mistake. At least RP has some pace.

when did they rip through a linup ?

SA conceded 320+ twice , Aus 270+ against WI ..& paksitans pace bowlers gave 149runs of 23 overs against India .

MJ , Steyn , Gul , Aamer , Lee etc ,all have been taken apart

jusarrived said:

SA conceded 320+ twice , Aus 270+ against WI ..& paksitans pace bowlers gave 149runs of 23 overs against India .

the operative word being CAN

if the match gets washed out , we are at the mercy of the pakistanis.they must beat aus for us to advance while they'll already have qualified

jusarrived said:

I didn't say any attack had run through a lineup. I said they can rip through a lineup. Those attacks have the potential. I don;t see Nehra and Kumar running through any lineup. I may be wrong but that's my view. I think Sreesanth would have been useful here instead of Kumar. Too bad he isn't in the squad.

Inswinger said:
Australia and Pakistan move onto the semis.

pakistan would move on........but india would not be out.........then india would have to beat WI, and Aus would have to beat Pak, then it would come to the RR......

Cover Drive said:
I would say 350 is on cards for Australia

One thing is for sure, the Aussie bowling would not bowl 10 no balls and give away 30 runs on free hits. It won't be easy to chase for India once the target is 300+.

jusarrived said:
may be we will atlk about it , when it happens :)

Lee - England Series
Gul - T20's
Steyn - Countless ODI's.

PARVEEN KUMAR = 0
ISHANT SHARMA = 0

:inzi

Indians are excited by the prospect of the storm. I can see in their voice!

Poison said:
Lee - England Series
Gul - T20's
Steyn - Countless ODI's and Tests.

PARVEEN KUMAR = 0
ISHANT SHARMA = 0

hahaha Parveen, he really does bowl like a middle aged Auntie

Conventional wisdom say you should double the runs you have in 30 overs. So 300 is the minimum at this point.

gollumbird said:
Indians are excited by the prospect of the storm. I can see in their voice!

they are probably singing this on the streets of India :)))

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpTCnl36gZI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpTCnl36gZI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Inswinger said:
Australia and Pakistan move onto the semis.
not really,(unless you have awarded the Ind WI match to WI:D ) If Pakistan beats Australia then ind and Aus would be tied at 3 points each..(provided Ind beats Windies)

RexRex said:
if the match gets washed out , we are at the mercy of the pakistanis.they must beat aus for us to advance while they'll already have qualified

How awesome would that be. All of India cheering for Pakistan.

If we keep wickets in hand we should be able to post a score near 300, particularly if Dubya is there at the death. Lots of big hitters down the order.

Geez Nehra makes Ganguly look like Jonty Rhodes eh.

Lol @ Ahmed ^^ -

Would this be abandoned or wait for the rain to go?

OZGOD said:
If we keep wickets in hand we should be able to post a score near 300, particularly if Dubya is there at the death. Lots of big hitters down the order.
Assuming the weather stays dry, 300 should be the minimum.

Cover Drive said:
I would say 350 is on cards for Australia

If we keep wickets in hand and Dubya is there by the 40th over then 330 at least I reckon.

They don't have anyone to do Sharma's overs? Tendulkar could have a go?

Inswinger said:
I didn't say any attack had run through a lineup. I said they can rip through a lineup. Those attacks have the potential. I don;t see Nehra and Kumar running through any lineup. I may be wrong but that's my view. I think Sreesanth would have been useful here instead of Kumar. Too bad he isn't in the squad.

Sreesanth would have been even more expensive than PK , ODI's you need bowlers who can contain not pace bowlers ...what good is a Malinga , Steyn MJ or Bond who bow at 145+ and are conceding 70+ runs in every match

The MIGHTY AND TALL ISHANT getting tapped at 8rpo at the moment.

Great shot from Ponting.

Pure timing.

If it rains I think India may be back in with a chance.

I love what Ian Chappell said about Nehra: "I would bowl his 10 overs straight out and then find a way to get him off the field"

OZGOD said:
I'm in Boston atm, been here for the last 4 years.
If you have become a member of the Red Sux nation then I have no choice but t hate you. Are you a member?

OZGOD said:
I'm in Boston atm, been here for the last 4 years.

ah ok Nice. I might be going to Sydney for 6 weeks for work. How lucky might be the same time Pakistan is there!

Inswinging Yorker said:
big total in d making by auss as expected

Cameron White, JOhnson still to come......

if they dont lose wickets, 100 runs of the last 10

i feel this one will be washed out which means India would still be in contention for the semis :(

asifp said:
ah ok Nice. I might be going to Sydney for 6 weeks for work. How lucky might be the same time Pakistan is there!

Awesome mate! You'll love it. There are a couple of Pakistanis living in Sydney from here.

:))) Sanjay saying that lot of Indians 'phast' bowlers are becoming medium pacers now-a-days. :)))

If there was a such situation in ODIs where a batting team could declare and let other side bat it would be benefical for Australians :p

MIG said:
working on it - give me some time...
Mate there should be a delay. Let Aussie bowl atleast 5 overs in which India might lose 2 wickets with Lee firing in 90mph + bouncers

Cover Drive said:
Mate there should be a delay. Let Aussie bowl atleast 5 overs in which India might lose 2 wickets with Lee firing in 90mph + bouncers

Noted and msg sent to appropriate Authority.

OMG what a woeful way to get dismissed, run out not even in the frame :po:

As they say in the Arab World - Riggy Bonting is run out...

We need to regroup and Hussey needs to take Dubya's place.

Great bowling by Nehra. Causes a Ponting runout
Australia will need couple of good overs from Ishant Sharma now
175-3 after 32.5 overs
last 5 overs 27-1
India charging now

Poison said:
Lee - England Series
Gul - T20's
Steyn - Countless ODI's.

PARVEEN KUMAR = 0
ISHANT SHARMA = 0

did you even understand , what we are talking here ?

Bowling means jack in ODI's , one or two match winning performances mean nothing .

Seeing as Hussey ran Dubya out to get his 50, he NEEDS to go on and make a TON

Smash this Nehra bloke out of the attack

Cam White is not going to last long I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back