Australia v India | CT 2009 | Centurion | 28/9/09 [Match Abandoned due to rain]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussies need some one to play a good cameo here as the end off the inns hasnt really taken off yet!

With the batting lineup full of hitters and changing the match on will - India will be looking for atleast 300. Anything else will be uncivilized and not worth it

JustAnotherFan said:
THe Aus India game will be washed out. I stay 40 kms away and it is really storming. Flash floods.

OK, not that bad, but it is like driving in a river.

Oh @#$%! :(

"She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry

Oh, sweet child o' mine
Oh, sweet love of mine..."

Oh, Willow. :D

CricketJunoon said:
if india gets 30 overs how many runs do they need to make according to the duckworth method
The batakh has been released. Lets see where it lands

CricketJunoon said:
if india gets 30 overs how many runs do they need to make according to the duckworth method
I do not think its going to happen as the rain seems to be pretty much heavy and this match is going towards a wash out ....................

SL, SA, and Ind are out of CT almost .......

Come on DL Calculators, get some number crunching done!
What is the prognosis on India?

Had a look at weather forecasts for the week. Rain expected Tues, Wed and Sun in Jhb/Pta. So things are gonna be interesting.

Amazing poetic justice at play here.... ( if memory serves me right)

When Pak lost to India in the WC03, we had a similar situation where we had to win another match and it reduced to less overs due to rain - suffice to say we didnt win that...

JustAnotherFan said:
Had a look at weather forecasts for the week. Rain expected Tues, Wed and Sun in Jhb/Pta. So things are gonna be interesting.

Has it stopped raining yet JAF?

17.55 If Australia's innings ends now, India's target in 42 overs is 263. If its reduced to 20 overs then 153. I have asked our people at the ground for further updates about the rain. Stay tuned, be patient.

Cricinfo...

WNC said:
17.55 If Australia's innings ends now, India's target in 42 overs is 263. If its reduced to 20 overs then 153. I have asked our people at the ground for further updates about the rain. Stay tuned, be patient.

i really hope it doesn't go to 20 overs

WNC said:

263 in 42 will be tough....but if its a 20 over game then india might achieve the 153

17.38 Rain has stopped play. It has got slightly heavier now. The covers come on. The players get back. Thunder and lightning

from DoublestandardsInfo,

If Australia's innings ends now, India's target in 42 overs is 263. If its reduced to 20 overs then 153. I have asked our people at the ground for further updates about the rain. Stay tuned, be patient

OZGOD said:
Has it stopped raining yet JAF?
Still raining (not storming), but remember I am a distance from the ground.

Have seen pictures from the ground and it is raining. There is a lot of water on the covers.

Sufian84 said:
lalit modi will make sure that india only chase 100 in 20 overs.

Pls explain the connection? Its just the weather bhaiyo - even lalit or Modi cant control that !

They estimate an hour before covers can come off which isn't bad, but that is from South African commentators.

what those live pictures suggest might be Bye Bye for India too just like Saffies.

*cuts to room where DL method is calculated - Modi stands over calculator*

Afridi_Fan said:
what those live pictures suggest might be Bye Bye for India too just like Saffies.
Its better to say bye bye ... than asking favour :)

18.15 Still raining and the covers are still on. Rather heavy. Lots of lightning. There are many emails asking how India's target will be 263 in 42 overs. Let me try and clarify. This was computed via a D/L software. It is accurate. Australia have plenty of wickets in hand, so the system assumes they could have made the last seven count. Had they been 234 for 8 the target would have been 238. That is how the program works.

cricinfo

cricinfo posted 10 minutes ago:

18.15 Still raining and the covers are still on. Rather heavy. Lots of lightning. There are many emails asking how India's target will be 263 in 42 overs. Let me try and clarify. This was computed via a D/L software. It is accurate. Australia have plenty of wickets in hand, so the system assumes they could have made the last seven count. Had they been 234 for 8 the target would have been 238. That is how the program works.

truth said:
Its better to say bye bye ... than asking favour :)

Ohh so you think Indian fans will not want to win Pakistan if a wim for Pakistan will give them a place in the semis?

I find that very hard to believe.

12thMan said:
cricinfo posted 10 minutes ago:

18.30 Tony Lewis, of Duckworth and Lewis, has emailed giving us the correct permutation. A newer version of the software was implemented for this tournament, which Tony has. Per the new WinCODA2 software being used by Tony and the scorers in South Africa, India's target will be 266 in 42 overs. Thanks for that Tony. Appreciated.

:)))

18.30 Tony Lewis, of Duckworth and Lewis, has emailed giving us the correct permutation. A newer version of the software was implemented for this tournament, which Tony has. Per the new WinCODA2 software being used by Tony and the scorers in South Africa, India's target will be 266 in 42 overs. Thanks for that Tony. Appreciated

OZGOD said:
18.30 Tony Lewis, of Duckworth and Lewis, has emailed giving us the correct permutation. A newer version of the software was implemented for this tournament, which Tony has. Per the new WinCODA2 software being used by Tony and the scorers in South Africa, India's target will be 266 in 42 overs. Thanks for that Tony. Appreciated.

:)))

:))) :)))

Afridi_Fan said:
Ohh so you think Indian fans will not want to win Pakistan if a wim for Pakistan will give them a place in the semis?

I find that very hard to believe.
Definitely any doubt ...............

I can see the live image from my stream - stadium is empty and the rain is pretty solid..i don't see this match resuming

can anyone please tell me that what advantage & disadvantage Indians will have when playing second on a wet pictch ground etc?pleasee

asadee said:
I can see the live image from my stream - stadium is empty and the rain is pretty solid..i don't see this match resuming
I barely see anyone in stadium other than ground staff

18.35 Keith Lane, one of Cricinfo's South African residents, says it is hard to predict even a 20 overs game as it is bucketing down

Muhammad Waleed said:
can anyone please tell me that what advantage & disadvantage Indians will have when playing second on a wet pictch ground etc?pleasee
The ball might not come on bat properly as it might be slipping. Thats all I am aware of not sure about other reason

Cover Drive said:
The ball might not come on bat properly as it might be slipping. Thats all I am aware of not sure about other reason
thanks and i think the outfield would be slower than the previous on which Ausie batted :13:

no result means points are split ?

in that case we should be through to the semis.

its raining hard in Centurian, i am watching direct tv's live feed, i don't think there will be any match, bye bye india

Due to wet outfield it will be hard for the bowlers o grip the ball, the ball will skid on and will come onto the bat much better.

there are large puddles of water forming as seen on TV.....I don't think there will be any more play here.

18.40 Pools of water all around. Looks awful. Unlikely play will resume any time soon.

kashif77 said:
no result means points are split ?

in that case we should be through to the semis.

We are in the semis can't see any game happening today. :D

If there are puddles in the field forming just call it off so that I can find out what the remaining scenario's for Indian/Aussie qualification are.

Muhammad Waleed said:
thanks and i think the outfield would be slower than the previous on which Ausie batted :13:
18.40 Pools of water all around. Looks awful. Unlikely play will resume any time soon.

18.40 Pools of water all around. Looks awful. Unlikely play will resume any time soon. I will say it again - there is no reserve day. Even for the final. India and Australia will just share points. So that means India will have to beat West Indies, Pakistan will have to beat Australia, and even then India's net run rate will have to be good for them to move on. For Australia, a win or a split point will take them through. Even if they lose they can make it on net run rate.

Can anyone tell me what that means?

Cover Drive said:
suppose if todays match ends in a draw and tomorrow if Pak loses to Aussie GOD FORBIDS so it means that Indians will pack their bags?:73:

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks the rain has done India a favour? I mean they were in danger of having to chase 320+ and they were not going to get that. At least now they still have a slim chance of qualifying, even though they will need a big hand from Pakistan.

Muhammad Waleed said:
suppose if todays match ends in a draw and tomorrow if Pak loses to Aussie GOD FORBIDS so it means that Indian will pack their bags?

Yes

shane said:
Am I the only one that thinks the rain has done India a favour? I mean they were in danger of having to chase 320+ and they were not going to get that. At least now they still have a slim chance of qualifying, even though they will need a big hand from Pakistan.

Yes, you are the one :asif

Muhammad Waleed said:
suppose if todays match ends in a draw and tomorrow if Pak loses to Aussie GOD FORBIDS so it means that Indian will pack their bags?

no...because pakistan play australia on wednesday...

but otherwise yes you are right...

Muhammad Waleed said:
Yes as cricinfo says (read bolded part),
18.40 Heavy rain. Pools of water all around. Looks awful. Unlikely play will resume any time soon. I will say it again - there is no reserve day. Even for the final. India and Australia will just share points. So that means for India to go on they will have to beat West Indies, Pakistan will have to beat Australia, and even then India's net run rate will have to be good for them. For Australia, a win or a split point will take them through. Even if they lose they can make it on net run rate.

shane said:

I'm miffed too.

Afridi_Fan said:
18.40 Pools of water all around. Looks awful. Unlikely play will resume any time soon. I will say it again - there is no reserve day. Even for the final. India and Australia will just share points. So that means India will have to beat West Indies, Pakistan will have to beat Australia, and even then India's net run rate will have to be good for them to move on. For Australia, a win or a split point will take them through. Even if they lose they can make it on net run rate.

Can anyone tell me what that means?

It means its raining HARD!

18.55 Hundreds of emails about the post at 18.40. People are getting confused with the line "For Australia, a win or a split point will take them through." That line does not refer to this match. It refers to their next game against Pakistan. NOT this match. Pakistan have already beaten West Indies. If Australia beat Pakistan, then both those teams are through.

LoLz I sent them 5 mails and they reffered it as hundreds :p

Cover Drive said:
Yes as cricinfo says (read bolded part),
18.40 Heavy rain. Pools of water all around. Looks awful. Unlikely play will resume any time soon. I will say it again - there is no reserve day. Even for the final. India and Australia will just share points. So that means for India to go on they will have to beat West Indies, Pakistan will have to beat Australia, and even then India's net run rate will have to be good for them. For Australia, a win or a split point will take them through. Even if they lose they can make it on net run rate.
so what do u think,Pak will do something strange on wed lol because would like India to be out of the tournament :p

Afridi_Fan said:
18.55 Hundreds of emails about the post at 18.40. People are getting confused with the line "For Australia, a win or a split point will take them through." That line does not refer to this match. It refers to their next game against Pakistan. NOT this match. Pakistan have already beaten West Indies. If Australia beat Pakistan, then both those teams are through.

LoLz I sent them 5 mails and they reffered it as hundreds :p
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Juggernaut said:
I'm miffed too.

Oh Im not miffed, it adds alot of excitement to the last two games. Of course I would prefer it if there was no rain and we could get a full match today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back