Australia v New Zealand | 2nd Test | Hobart | 9-13 December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haddin, you are an absolute slog donkey. He plays like a millionaire- no applicatin what so ever. It's time for him to go.

Love it how Haddin enjoys the freedom of the nation despite the fact he is a hack.

Comical stuff. Clearly they still haven't figured out how to bat on seamers either.

Lawls at Sid Vicious. Second time he's saved our @rses with his bat and this time he did it on his own just about.

So, NZ end up with 14 run lead!

Interesting to note that BD got all out for 135, and AUS just got all out for 136. JS

Lead now 23 runs here for NZ.I think NZ must make sure that they do not loose more than 2 wickets here at close of play, that would be important.

Kiwis on top here, the pitch now seems to be drying up and all the early juice has gone.

Kiwis will need a lead of 250+ here to win this test and level the series i think.

Aussies being bowled out cheaply reoccuringly must be a massive worry for them right now. Espcially with tougher tests for them still to come.

Kiwis on top here, the pitch now seems to be drying up and all the early juice has gone.

Kiwis will need a lead of 250+ here to win this test and level the series i think.

Aussies being bowled out cheaply reoccuringly must be a massive worry for them right now. Espcially with tougher tests for them still to come.

India?

We haven't been able to bat on seaming wickets for years now lol.

Folding cheaply on green decks is (sometimes) excusable.

The 245 all out débacle at Adelaide (pretty much as flat as Abu Dhabi?) last year against England was far more abject TBH. Or in a more recent context, compare NZ 150 all out at the Gabba vs 150 all out in the current match. The latter total is far more reasonable than was the former despite them being numerically equal. :don

Ball still jagging around - crucial session for Australia as they need to dismantle this middle/lower order before lunch as it might become a bit more easier to bat into the 2nd and final session

Lawls at Sid Vicious. Second time he's saved our @rses with his bat and this time he did it on his own just about.

Solid, hard-working, gritty cricketer. Currently the best batsman never to have made a Test 50? :don

Is this Taylor's day to finally and properly come of age?

Brownlie highest scorer of the series, looks a classy little player. And just found out he is an Aussie :))

Brownlie highest scorer of the series, looks a classy little player. And just found out he is an Aussie :))
yeah I know. Imagine how Random Aussie would feel if he won it for them :))).

New Zealand really thrown this away though. Expect australia to chase this.

Hughes gets glove onto a legside delivery through to the keeper...black caps appeal, given not out, no review...it was out. :facepalm:

With Hughes at the crease - you should always review. He's out more often than not....

Warner looks like a short version of Hayden at the crease. I likey.

Hughes is a hack, should be back in the shed where he belongs.

And yeah, the fact that we tolerate Haddin and even made him vice captain is a pretty good indication of where we are at. Healy called him the closest thing in world cricket to Gilchrist today *vomit* he is about as close to Gilchrist as Mitchell Starc is to Wasim Akram.

Paine had the opportunity to make a place for himself in the team. He was decent but couldn't push out Haddin.

Man!! this Warner is going to be headache for the Australian Summer down under. :D

Last edited:
I hope Taylor never says again that they want to play 3 tests on a tour to Australia.

Match still very evenly poised. It's not beyond us to collapse today. But if we play well we should win.

Warner looks like a short version of Hayden at the crease. I likey.

Hughes is a hack, should be back in the shed where he belongs.

And yeah, the fact that we tolerate Haddin and even made him vice captain is a pretty good indication of where we are at. Healy called him the closest thing in world cricket to Gilchrist today *vomit* he is about as close to Gilchrist as Mitchell Starc is to Wasim Akram.

Hughes just needs to tighten up his technique away from Test cricket. Being dropped will be good for him IMO. Right now he's being found out too much. When he fires he makes a big score, but other teams have so much video of him now it's easy to make plans for him.

As for Warner, he's improved a lot since he was a cowlasher in T20. Nice and compact with a low centre of gravity. Looks to have a decent defence but most importantly seems to have good judgment. You can't flog everything in Test cricket as you need to stick around and take the shine off the new ball and protect the middle order while keeping the scoreboard ticking. But time will tell.

Mitchell Starc doesn't look that impressive. But I think the future looks good with Pattinson and Cummins both in the side. We now have a healthy roster of quicks who can compete with each other, with Cummins, Patto, Harris, Sid, MJ and even Dougie if he ever loses a few pounds. Nathan Lyon looks useful but let's see how the Indians treat him. As an offie you're always going to get flogged but the key will be how he responds.

With Twatto and Marshy back for the India series it's shaping up to be a decent summer indeed.

Hughes and Haddin must go. Warner has done enough in this series to open for a while but I don't rate him in any format against good bowlers (not including cartoon network T20 leagues).

Last edited:
Haddin won't go, we promoted him to vice captain. :facepalm:

Perhaps we should make a special award for him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back