Australia v New Zealand | 2nd Test | Hobart | 9-13 December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
About an hour until the game starts.

Aus unchanged and Warner/Hughes/Usman are fighting for one or two places.

No idea about the Hobbit side but who really cares?

Word is the pitch is the same colour as the PP button links above.

This going to be a thrilling game the whole world follows with intensity :batman:

De ja vu I reckon.

I said it before the last game, NZ would crumble mentally bar Vettori and thats exactly what happened. Expect much the same to be honest, NZ just seem frightened of putting up a fight.

Can't wait for the game. I will stay awake from 11.30pm till 8.30am to watch test cricket. AUS-NZ first and then PAK-BANG.

I hope Khawaja playes ,he's come in early at no.3 a couple of times now and performed very well even though he didn't get big scores. His maiden ton is a whisker away.

I hope NZ bat a bit better this time. Poor Daneil son has to come out fighting all the time.

All the sting went out of this series in Brisbane, we fielded a very weak team and they didn't give a yelp (aside from the traditional Vettori rally). If they couldn't beat us then they won't beat us in this Test.

After the beating from England, results have been encouraging:

Beat SL 1-0 in SL (could easily have been 3-0)
Drew with SA 1-1 (if not for 47 all out should have won that series)
Beating NZ 1-0

3 wins, 1 loss and 2 draws in the past 6. 4 wins, 4 losses and 2 draws from the past 10 Tests.

I want these players to score century (in highest to least order);

Ricky Ponting
Usman Khawaja
Micheal Clarke

Thats it really :))

It would be interesting to see how David Warner does.

I don't mind other scoring centuries but those three players must score one :)) especially Ricky :)))

Aus win toss and field.

Deja vu it is then. Off to sleep now. When I wake up, I would be surprised if Australia aren't batting.

Why are NZ playing when Vettori is injured?

Wait, there is still hope, namely Chris Martin.

Here comes Test Cricket.....

oh well. lets see how ponting goes and how sir martin bats...(entertainment at its best, truly)

Siddle strikes second ball. Good bowling. Guptill out. Didn't do much did that ball.

Where the hell is the pitch? Are they playing on the outfield? :)))

No duck for Ross this time. Single from the inside edge & did anyone else hear Richie Benaud swear ?

Ball grazed the bat after hitting the pad. He was out. Commies need to move on.

Hoping for NZ to get bowled out real quick so I can see Punter & Khawaja bat, maybe Warner too?

A beamer to Baz or Ross's face would be just about perfect right now.

lol at the Aussies fielders reaction after the change of decision

Mark Taylor please shut the hell up FFS.

They need to make EXACTLY this kind of pitch when India comes to visit.

just switched on to check the score, some lovely bowling, might watch this for a bit.

Good start by Aussies. How's the pitch playing?

Starc really mixes up quality deliveries and rubbish in the one over eh?

He does have some potential I reckon.

Starc really mixes up quality deliveries and rubbish in the one over eh?

He does have some potential I reckon.

Don't rate him much TBH. Serves up a lot more rubbish than quality. Could be a useful backup for Cummin, Pattinson, and Hazlewood.

Don't rate him much TBH. Serves up a lot more rubbish than quality. Could be a useful backup for Cummin, Pattinson, and Hazlewood.

I dont rate him now, but he might turn into a decent bowler. Has pace, bounce, swing.

But he is not on the same planet talent wise as Cummins, Pattinson or Hazelwood, he just bowls with his left arm. If he was a right arm quick he wouldn't even be playing first class cricket.

But this is probably the Boxing Day attack, Dan Christian may well debut as an all rounder. He is indigenous so it will be a big thing.

If Marsh is fit that would mean Usman, Warner and Hughes all get dropped.

Starc's alright, swinging the ball nicely at 136-138 kph.

Pattinson looked very impressive though, pitched it up and at 144 kph consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back