Australia v South Africa | 2nd Test - Day 3 | MCG | 28/12/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ntini is over-confident? lol The way he came forward and played that shot was touch arrogant.

Hope people don't discredit his innings because of pathetic bowling. It was a fantastic innings that came under pressure.

Haydos cops one on the ribs. Ouch!

Last edited:
Man..all this great cricket going on and I was sitting on a damn tour bus .

Nothing I could say could add the the hurt and humiliation the aussie fans must be feeling , so I'm going to just let the scorecard speak for itself.

I'll just add to have a team under 200 for 7 and allowing them to get close to 500.....I believe that's called "CHOCKING"

Last edited:
In the bigger context Australia are going to struggle to win the game from here. It might involve them to have to play risky shots to score quickly , or to make an early declaration. Even then that's hoping they can make up the 60 runs and bowl S.a out in a day with "that" attack. Likely result here is a draw or saffer win.....but with that said...there will be huge pressure on the safers to chase anything around 200 with a day to play. With it being a series decider can they do it ?

It's going to be very tense stuff.

I missed the day's play today but must have been pretty uninspiring stuff from Australia.

Once again, momentum lifts and changes from day to day. Good series this is.

It's probably really frustrating and mentally exhausting more than anything else for the Australians, but seriously this is one of the best test matches I've ever seen. It's certainly shaping up to be one of the best test series's I have seen for a while, even more so than the Aussie's tour of India.

Sounds like a super innings from JP Duminy. Never seen him bat.

What's his technique like?

Easa said:

Abe tere kya lena dena technique se ? (Judging by your avatar)

*sorry had to take a potshot :D

Easa said:

He is very steady. He doesn't hit hard. He just times it. He is very easy on the eyes compared to Prince. Very good prospect.

Going to be difficult for Australia to win this game now.

Saffers will bowl nice and wide of off stump all day tomorrow.

Random Aussie said:

No. They'll attack the stumps and get aussies bowled out before lunch :gul

A win here will provide series win. So Australia will also play defensively and look to win the next one.

Dhonian said:
Abe tere kya lena dena technique se ? (Judging by your avatar)

*sorry had to take a potshot :D
Oh trust me, he has an deeply impressive technique. Deeply.

:afridi

Random Aussie said:

i'm not so sure....S.! chasing 250 on the last day and lose a few wickets early...all the pressure of winning the series to bat against ? I think this game has a few twists before the end (but i hope not too many).

Dumminy is not a nudger like some people suggest. He's just finding his feet and was playing a pressure innings with the tail. The man can def. give it a smack when he needs to. He's been in the one day side before the test side for that reason.

On_the_up said:
Around an hour to go till the start, S Africa 196 behind on 1st inns with 3 wkts left. Australia would be looking to finish the inns quickly and get a lead of around 400 by the close.

:)))

Sh1tttttttttttt!

I cant believe I fell asleep and missed this........would have made my week. Was knackered after shopping all day yesterday with the wife.

Need to check when the highlights are on.

saffer said:
i'm not so sure....S.! chasing 250 on the last day and lose a few wickets early...all the pressure of winning the series to bat against ? I think this game has a few twists before the end (but i hope not too many).

Yep there are probably more twists to come. But still going to be hard for Australia to win, what target can we set that we think we can defend?

Guli Danda said:
Ok highlights start in just over half an hour. Two hours as well! Loving it

Where ? Where ?

I'm in philippines so if you have a net link that would be awesome !

Random Aussie said:
Yep there are probably more twists to come. But still going to be hard for Australia to win, what target can we set that we think we can defend?

Under pressure any score over 150 can be defended.

saffer said:
Under pressure any score over 150 can be defended.

I woulda said that before Perth. :))).
Australia will attempt to bat out the entire day, and will declare overnight. Ball is in their court, saffers are in the box seat.

On the commentary, Mark Taylor said "Johnson bowls a heavy ball ie the ball hits the bat harder than from bowlers of comparable pace".

What does that mean and how is that scientifically possible??

Just seen Ponting and Hussey drop Steyn. Hussey looked like a muppet in the sun !!

Lol - looks like I am starting my own highlights commentary.

saffer said:
Man..all this great cricket going on and I was sitting on a damn tour bus .

Nothing I could say could add the the hurt and humiliation the aussie fans must be feeling , so I'm going to just let the scorecard speak for itself.

I'll just add to have a team under 200 for 7 and allowing them to get close to 500.....I believe that's called "CHOCKING"
:))
Amazing innings by Duminy under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back