Australia vs England | 1st Ashes Test | Brisbane | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might have about 20 overs of play today . If Aus want a decisive victory,they need to pick up 2 more wickets today .

Got cook. This break worked for Aus. As a batsman , breaks are normally not a good thing if you are playing well.

Last edited:
Eng is making sure to replicate the dismissals of previous inning, lol. Prior went exactly the same way.

He was out bat and pad in first innings..

I meant the line of attack was exactly same and he was playing it badly when Aus had fielders in catching position. Slightly different but not much different.

Well, one more wicket gone.

Australia have clearly conquered England's minds.. Looking clueless!!!

Another 2-3 over and game may be over. Very poor display from Eng in second inning as well. Collapse is on again. Let's see if last two wickets can offer some resistance.

Australia may have lost, but they tried in England. This is abject submission from ex-champs

This wicket isn't half bad by the look of it. MJ has just been top notch. Whatta display of fast bowling. Brilliant!

Australia may have lost, but they tried in England. This is abject submission from ex-champs

One part i always admired about AUS cricket team is they always try their best till the end even when they are down and almost out ..... only exception was this years whitewash in IND where except Patto and Clarke everyone else failed completely :facepalm:

Its been a good cricket wicket. Something for the bowlers and something for the batters.

This wicket isn't half bad by the look of it. MJ has just been top notch. Whatta display of fast bowling. Brilliant!

England have been **** poor too.. All Mitch had to do was just to pitch it :))

except SA and Eng. Shouldn't be writing off England after one poor match...

Yes, we suffered a bad fate after knocking them over with an innings in spare in our tour.. But this defeat will shake the foundations of English team.. Takes a lot of character to come back

England have been **** poor too.. All Mitch had to do was just to pitch it :))

Yeah Eng bats have been quite poor but this is some vicious stuff. Really worked batsmen over this game. Deserves a 10fer does Mitch.

Adds to the argument that all teams are HTBs..

In past, Eng have started poorly in many test series and then came back strongly. Yaah, it's a very poor surrender but let's see what happens in the second test.

Eng will come back strongly in the next Test i'm sure. Like India slow starters. So this Ashes is set up very nicely now. Making of a classic contest this me thinks.

Eng will come back strongly in the next Test i'm sure. Like India slow starters. So this Ashes is set up very nicely now. Making of a classic contest this me thinks.

Yep. Same thoughts here.. Hopefully can become an all time classic like the 2005 one.

Johnson is the obvious choice.
Saved us with the bat in the first innings along with Haddin.

England will do better in Adelaide because of how flat it is but that won't help them gain any confidence coming into Perth

This match strengthens my belief that Perth is overrated. Gabba has always been the perfect Aussie wicket with lots of bounce..

This match strengthens my belief that Perth is overrated. Gabba has always been the perfect Aussie wicket with lots of bounce..

Perth is much bouncier and faster than the Gabba.
There was a period of about 4-5 years where Perth was incredibly flat but they've gotten past that.

Can't wait for next year,it will be johnson vs kohli at the gabbatoir!!

Perth is much bouncier and faster than the Gabba.
There was a period of about 4-5 years where Perth was incredibly flat but they've gotten past that.

Yeah I remember our 2007 win in Perth. I was disappointed with the wicket that was dished - flat as hell, Adeliadesque (though I was happy we won). I expected sweet chin music and Australia played 4 fast bowlers that match!

As a fan of cricket you have to admire what the Aussies have done to come back at us here and thrilling in particular has been the searing display from Johnno. We haven't been beaten as badly as this in years. No answers. All credit to them.

Can't wait for next year,it will be johnson vs kohli at the gabbatoir!!

You can't be sure about Johnson. Anyway, if this is a sign of things to come, I better ask our batsmen to go there with lots of protection equipment and lots of first aid :))

You can't be sure about Johnson. Anyway, if this is a sign of things to come, I better ask our batsmen to go there with lots of protection equipment and lots of first aid :))

yeah I remember Dravid used to where this arm guard whenever he used to go on foreign tours to avoid injury,kohli and co better do the same.
And god forbid if Raina is selected,then he better were a whole armour on his body and play :))

Rain came to save England for the innumerable time in this decade.

Sadly, it won't be enough

This is like English weather at the Gabba...sunshine, sunny spells, rain, thunder, hailstorm, then back to the sunny spells, all in the space of an hour.

Yeah I remember our 2007 win in Perth. I was disappointed with the wicket that was dished - flat as hell, Adeliadesque (though I was happy we won). I expected sweet chin music and Australia played 4 fast bowlers that match!

I actually know a few people involved at the WACA and apparently CA was worried about the test lasting 3 days and not wanting to miss out on TV dollars ordered the WACA to flatten down the pitch.

Of course in CA the right hand and the left hand don't know what the other is doing so Australia selected four fast bowlers.

Adelaide has surprisingly given results consistently in last few tests .After seeing this performance, would CA be tempted to go for a lively surface in 2nd test ?

Looks like that'll be it for today folks. :iqasim

But if you keep him out, he can lose it in his head and start bowling wayward stuff again. That's what ENG were able to do before, but they were not good enough in this match.

Little things have made the difference between these two sides. AUS were 130-6 on the first day, then one good innings gets Sloop's confidence up and it all changes. Trott and Prior look horribly out of form and confidence. The rain breaks helped AUS today too.

I can't think of a recent time when ENG got blown away like this.

On a positive note for ENG, it's nice to see Rooty standing up to Sloop and chirping back at him.

lol George Bailey, what a troll. He's really getting under Anderson's skin. I'm loving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back