Australia vs Ind | 4th test |Day 2 Adelaide | 24/01/2008

India are off to a decent start till now. Runs flowing. Australia would have preferred a quiet start, drying the runs to build up a little pressure. Hasn't worked till now.

players from New South Wales (like Lee and Clarke) have black armbands because the physio of their team died

Tendu on 140
Ind 339-6

Dhoni has failed miserably on the tour so far. Maybe India should try Dinesh Karthik, who has a much better technique.

straight into the hands of Symmonds

Someone should slap him hard. This is not odi you knucklehead. you don't have to hit every ball for a 4 or 6

well good captaincy by ponting .. he placed the man at point just for that shot .. johnson bowled a short wide one .. and dhoni fell into the trap.

now that was a smart wicket.

Stupid shot by Dhoni...I have no problems being aggressive but, when you have a fielder placed there, what is the point in trying to play a shot in that area?

Disappointing - End of another promising knock from Dhoni. He was looking very positive this morning and was looking good for a big score.

Wonderful. Just as I go out and praise the Indians for a positive start, they prove me wrong..!

Dhonifan said:
...Someone should slap him hard. ..
what a comment from Dhoni Fan. Just remember
he is made of Rubber, and your face has glue, the hand will bounce off him and get stuck on you :22:

Hussey might have dropped Tendu at point. It was hit hard and just went through the hands. Lee bowler

If India gets knocked over for anything less than 400, its game on I'd say.

12thMan said:
what a comment from Dhoni Fan. Just remember
he is made of Rubber, and your face has glue, the hand will bounce off him and get stuck on you :22:

:)))

I think I should change my name to angryfan

Tendu tries to hook Clark, misses, ball hits his right arm and the bat swung and almost hits the wicket
Ind 351-6
Tendu's nickname - Sachoo (just shown on TV)

sachin brings up his 150 with a graceful cover drive

Keep going please little master....

darn, he smashed the ball onto his own toe. :6:

Tendulkar playing confidently, Playing & missing, its all happening there. Hope Kumble give him good support. I wonder why batsmen raise the bats when they hit 150. do we count them like 100s & 50s. Like, are those numbers saved as part of statistics?

Tendu out ct at long leg. hooking Lee, first ball after drinks
Ind 359-7

Totally stupid and unnecassary. I can only think Indians are playing like this because they feel they have enough runs and can play risky shots

Just saw the Tendu replay and Lee pats Tendu's helmet as he passes him

12thMan said:
Just saw the Tendu replay and Lee pats Tendu's helmet as he passes him
Now Harbhajan should call him a F***ing idiot in the spirit of Sydney.

Maybe Bhajji can start his comedy act and get us a few runs. Usually Bhajji likes to start of by playing a few asinine shots. Although, once he has played a few balls, he is a decent bat. Hopefully Kumble can keep him pull an SRT and stop him from attempting one of those agricultural hoicks

India should be looking at 400 as an absolute minimum. 450 would be decent, and 500 would be an excellent first innings score.

close LBW call against Harbhajan off Hogg. Bowden says no
Ind 381-7 after 105 overs

104.2 Hogg to Harbhajan Singh, no run, loud shout for lbw but Bowden says not out, Hogg bowls a full ball which pitches on middle stump, Harbhajan misses it and gets hit on the back pad in front of middle, the ball was turning into the right-hander, that was close, Harbhajan can consider himself lucky

*gasp* I thought these never happened! *gasp*

:p

Aus-Ind T20 match next week at MCG - in High Def and surround sound (maybe just in Aus) and only 10,000 tickets left

Ind 399 up brought by a four to fine leg by Harbhajan :123:

Last edited:
india doing well here...well played Sachin Tendulkar. Another 20 runs in the 2nd innings and he'll cross 500 for the series. Then he's sure to overtake Lara in the home series versus March.

450 and I AM HAPPY. With 5 bowlers it will be a decent, if not fantastic, score to defend

Thank heavens for our TAIL which saves our middle's ASS time and again! Dravid, Ganguly, Dhoni all failed because they were either too defensive or too aggressive.

A good score considering only 1 hundred and 1 fifty run partnership so far.

I think Australian bowling looks little one-dimensional and weak. Australians better pray nothing happens to Lee. If Lee gets injured.. pretty much every tom, dick and harry will pounce on Australian bowling on a decent batting surface. Even though Warne was not good against India,, what an asset he was.

Pakistan has a good chance of beating Australia for the first time in 12 years.

jackal786 said:
Pakistan has a good chance of beating Australia for the first time in 12 years.

say what ???? :O

man our team is so crap our bowling is just like your (India's) in the 90's.

kashif77 said:
since umpires been denying plumb lbws..

The great conspiracy appears to not be working so well these days :))

We won't hear much about the umpires from our Indian friends if they are benefiting India

Random Aussie,, when Tendulkar was wrongly given out all i said was.. "As long as they are consistent i am okay with the decision". That's how you should look at leg before decisions. If an umpire is doubtful for any reason benefit of doubt will always go to batsman in a leg before case.

Show me an instance where Ponting like decision or Symonds like decisions went in favor of India?

jackal786 said:
I think Australian bowling looks little one-dimensional and weak. Australians better pray nothing happens to Lee. If Lee gets injured.. pretty much every tom, dick and harry will pounce on Australian bowling on a decent batting surface. Even though Warne was not good against India,, what an asset he was.

Yep - and prior to this summer Brett Lee bowled pies the majority of the time so thank heaven he has started to bowl well.

Bowling is weak now - and we have no young spinners at all. Our best young spinners can't even get into the worst State side at the moment.

Warne is a massive loss - even against India - because the batsman always had to be wary against him. Not so Brad Hogg.

I for one welcome Brad Hogg. He is a good cricketer who is always enthusiastic, smiling and giving it his 100% be it bat, bowl or fielding. He is deadly in ODIs especially with the sharp turn he gets and the deadly wrong'un that turns shraply as well. Most players fail to pick it so far i've only seen Tendulkar picking it in this series.

jackal786 said:
Random Aussie,, when Tendulkar was wrongly given out all i said was.. "As long as they are consistent i am okay with the decision". That's how you should look at leg before decisions. If an umpire is doubtful for any reason benefit of doubt will always go to batsman in a leg before case.

Show me an instance where Ponting like decision or Symonds like decisions went in favor of India?

He was not "wrongly given out" - he was out! And a bunch of other players were also given out where the ball looked like it was going over the stumps in Perth. Were they all "wrongly given out" as well?

How about last Test Mitchell Johnson hits Dravid on the toe in front of middle stump and given not out? Now Dravid made 93 in that innings and Australia lost by 72 runs. There you go.

Yes there were 2 stinkers in Sydney and they changed the match. That however is the end of it as far as I am concerned. I don't care about the umpiring but am real sick of reading Indian posters complaining about every little thing that does not go their way.

siimo said:
I for one welcome Brad Hogg. He is a good cricketer who is always enthusiastic, smiling and giving it his 100% be it bat, bowl or fielding. He is deadly in ODIs especially with the sharp turn he gets and the deadly wrong'un that turns shraply as well. Most players fail to pick it so far i've only seen Tendulkar picking it in this series.

Yes but he is not a Test quality leg spinner.

Random Aussie said:
He was not "wrongly given out" - he was out! And a bunch of other players were also given out where the ball looked like it was going over the stumps in Perth. Were they all "wrongly given out" as well?

How about last Test Mitchell Johnson hits Dravid on the toe in front of middle stump and given not out? Now Dravid made 93 in that innings and Australia lost by 72 runs. There you go.

Yes there were 2 stinkers in Sydney and they changed the match. That however is the end of it as far as I am concerned. I don't care about the umpiring but am real sick of reading Indian posters complaining about every little thing that does not go their way.

Melbourne, Perth and here i have absolutely no complaints. This is a normal match. Common errors. All these decisions are normal. Sydney was exceptionally bad. One of the worst i have seen. Things got out of hand because Bucknor has crucified India so many teams. It was almost like a culmination point.

Random Aussie said:
Yes but he is not a Test quality leg spinner.
He is decent. He should be persisted with against more teams and then the board should decide on his test career. A series against Indians is never a good judge of a spinner (unless he's a debutant or a fresh spinner on the scene)

Isn't Hogg 36, same with McGill. Australia has to find a spinner and Hogg doesn't look that good of test bowler. Maybe it is because he is chinaman and needs more left handed batsmen to bowl against. But then this is also Indian team he is playing against who are good against spin so performance may not be good

invincible said:
He is decent. He should be persisted with against more teams and then the board should decide on his test career. A series against Indians is never a good judge of a spinner (unless he's a debutant or a fresh spinner on the scene)
well he is already 37 years old so there isn't much to make too many decisions.

Random Aussie said:

Random Aussie, stop acting outraged. Jackal said in plain simple English that as long as an umpire is consistent he is - in fact ALL OF US are- Ok with that.

Tendu was not a unique case so no one's complaining. Even if India had got 5 wrong decision to 3 Australian ones we would have been fine.

Sydney did not have just 2 stinkers. Either you did not watch the match or you brought Bucknor's story. Symmonds was not given out 3 times in first innings. 2 stumpings, one of which Bucknor did not even refer to 3rd umpire. Clarke's catch, Dravid's lbw...and some very good shouts which were denied to us.

And buddy, I'm even sicker of reading Aussies trying to show one way or other that Sydney was a fair game and Bucknor was just having one bad day. You're entitled to your opinion and we to ours. Peace. :)

We need to score at lest 50 more runs in the next session to get our noses ahead.

Hopefully Captain Courageous and our own Mirchi Bhajji can do it for India!

Good stuff from Kumble and Bhajji. They seem to be really going after the short and wide balls.
Magic Johnson has been a bit of a disappointment in this series.

Gavaskar is such a little girl. I hate his commentary.

He is already predicting Kumble will run through Aussie side

Harbhajan has already scored more than Jaffer would have done. So 5 bowler choice is a success.

Kumble is playing a dream of an innings, but he should be thinking of upping the ante now. Gotta give the bowlers time to bowl out Aussies twice. Aim has to be win surely.

Partnership is now 72 as Johnson continues to leak runs.

Hogg to bowl now(i would have given it to Symo)

So only Aussies have the divine right for Umpiring decisions to go in favor of them .

Dhonifan said:
Random Aussie, stop acting outraged. Jackal said in plain simple English that as long as an umpire is consistent he is - in fact ALL OF US are- Ok with that.

Tendu was not a unique case so no one's complaining. Even if India had got 5 wrong decision to 3 Australian ones we would have been fine.

Sydney did not have just 2 stinkers. Either you did not watch the match or you brought Bucknor's story. Symmonds was not given out 3 times in first innings. 2 stumpings, one of which Bucknor did not even refer to 3rd umpire. Clarke's catch, Dravid's lbw...and some very good shouts which were denied to us.

And buddy, I'm even sicker of reading Aussies trying to show one way or other that Sydney was a fair game and Bucknor was just having one bad day. You're entitled to your opinion and we to ours. Peace. :)

Peace ;-) However am not arguing that Sydney was a normal game - India were ripped off.

Dhonifan said:
Kumble is playing a dream of an innings, but he should be thinking of upping the ante now. Gotta give the bowlers time to bowl out Aussies twice. Aim has to be win surely.

The first thing to do is bat Australia out of the match if possible. Then attack with the 5 bowlers on a spinning wicket.

W63L35 said:
Thats putting it mildly!

yes, he is worse than waqar, mushtaq, zaheer abbas, Rameez, sarfraz nawaz and all the pak ex.cricketers who are undoubtedly the best commentators in the world.they know the game so well.Gavaskar has no business telling that " Anil Kumble" will do well. he does not know anything about aussie pitches.he is like a little girl.

especially when Michael slater sits in the box and doles out his unbiased commentary!

but all those champions over here who predicted

india will not score 250 even in one innings
india will not even compete
indian batsmen will be destroyed by the aussie pace attack
indian bowling is a pop gun attack, cannot get 20 wickets in a single test
india will lose 4-0 or 3-0
Indian middle order is only FTB's and will be exposed in Aussie pitches

are all experts.

keep it up!

12thMan said:
Isn't Hogg 36, same with McGill. Australia has to find a spinner and Hogg doesn't look that good of test bowler. Maybe it is because he is chinaman and needs more left handed batsmen to bowl against. But then this is also Indian team he is playing against who are good against spin so performance may not be good

We do not have any other spinners. We have nobody.

Rajan said:
yes, he is worse than waqar, mushtaq, zaheer abbas, Rameez, sarfraz nawaz and all the pak ex.cricketers who are undoubtedly the best commentators in the world.they know the game so well.Gavaskar has no business telling that " Anil Kumble" will do well. he does not know anything about aussie pitches.he is like a little girl.

especially when Michael slater sits in the box and doles out his unbiased commentary!

but all those champions over here who predicted

india will not score 250 even in one innings
india will not even compete
indian batsmen will be destroyed by the aussie pace attack
indian bowling is a pop gun attack, cannot get 20 wickets in a single test
india will lose 4-0 or 3-0
Indian middle order is only FTB's and will be exposed in Aussie pitches

are all experts.

keep it up!

Gavaskar should not be on TV spouting his Indian bias drivel while he is in a position of power with the ICC.

Back