Australia vs India | 4th test |Day 4 Adelaide | 27/01/2008

UP

T20I Debutant
Runs
India 526
Australia 322/3 (111.0 ov)

Australia trail by 204 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

It will be interesting to see how close Australia reaches India.

if ozz can bat to tea the series is theirs.

india on the other hand needs to be super-aggressive.

when ever they get ozz all out or ozz declares they must go all out to score quickly and declare with enough time to take one last shot at australia.

should be an interesting last two days !

3/383

Ponting on 106 and Clarke on 69. Match just seems to be meandering. Indians not looking to attack the batsmen and the Aussies are more than content to let things go along

If anyone has an idea on how to get a batsman out kindly send a message to Kumble in detail. *yawn*

man their getting threw their overs quickly today .. somebody wants a result ..

Hopefully Ponting's injury isn't too serious. Anytime you have a runner out there there's the potential for a runout. We need another 100 or so runs.

Pup 2 runs away from his ton. Giantkiller Sehwag bowling.

And he gets his ton with a 4. I'm guessing Ponting might retire hurt now?

All said, India is never able to match the Ausies in the cricket game. there is an occasional upper-hand and immediately we start-off with our loudmouth Or how unfair the entire world has been and why we lost any test (other than the sydney test which I feel was genuine concern because B & B raped us there) or how we must protest in the next game.

Just look at the Aussies - they are on and India with close to 8-9 bowlers has done nothing. Our batting always fails even on rosy wickets - no one points that out but when there is an occasional bad decision the entire media is out there attacking the real champions. It is time for a closer look at the media folks and fans too - I think, the indian fans (including me) or the media guys like Harsha, Sunny, Ravi etc hate the aussies so much Or are very pally with the Indian senior players that they are not honest enough to point out that our batting, bowling and strategizing sucks!!!

Dravid and Kumble are defensive captains. Only Ganguly as a captain has showed some aggressiveness in the past couple of years.

Guys like Dhoni, Karthink, Sreesanth, CHarbi, Yuvraj and the rest of the youngsters should be kicked on their behinds for showing fake aggressiveness most of the time with idiotic stares and antics

They only show good aggressiveness sometimes with the way they play cricket like they did luckily or with gods grace in south Africa during the 20-20 worldcup. Hopefully they will be mature in the coming years and a force to reckon with.

Hats off to the Aussies.

Last edited:
Ponting bowled by Sehwag for 140. 3/451.

Indiagem said:
All said, India is never able to match the Ausies in the cricket game. there is an occasional upper-hand and immediately we start-off with our loudmouth Or how unfair the entire world has been and why we lost any test (other than the sydney test which I feel was genuine concern because B & B raped us there) or how we must protest in the next game.

Just look at the Aussies - they are on and India with close to 8-9 bowlers has done nothing. Our batting always fails even on rosy wickets - no one points that out but when there is an occasional bad decision the entire media is out there attacking the real champions. It is time for a closer look at the media folks and fans too - I think, the indian fans (including me) and media guys like Harsha, Sunny, Ravi etc hate the aussies so much Or are very pally with the Indian senior players that they are not honest enough to point out that our batting, bowling and strategizing sucks!!!

Dravid and Kumble for were defensive captain. Only Ganguly as a captain has showed some aggressiveness in the past couple of years.

Guys like Dhoni, Karthink, Sreesanth, CHarbi, Yuvraj and the rest of the youngsters should be kicked on their behinds for showing fake aggressiveness most of the time with idiotic stares and antics

They only show good aggressiveness sometimes with the way they play cricket like they did luckily or with gods grace in south Africa during the 20-20 worldcup. Hopefully they will be mature in the coming years and a force to reckon with.

Hats off to the Aussies.

It's not the end of the Test by any means - you still hold the upper hand here with a 100-run lead. You will see this surface change in the 2nd innings - it will take a lot more turn.

Apparently Ponting struggled to get up the steps to the pavilion after his dismissal.

Aus are favorites from here on - if they can bat thru the day they will be easily 200 ahead - and we know how we bat on the last day

i'm not watching .. how is the pitch holding up ?

Indiagem said:
Harbi should be kicked for not making the batsmen play with his bowling.
He has been a total waste in the whole series as a bowler .But batted well, better than Dravid .

kashif77 said:
i'm not watching .. how is the pitch holding up ?
I think the pitch is good as of now and not a minefield for the Oz's.

But if Indian's were batting now, I am sure we would have lost atleast 5-6 wickets by now.

Doesn’t this big Symonds ever get injured with all of his diving? The amount of dives he does in one innings is not done by the entire Indian team in one year.

I don’t like him…but they way he fields and bats is excellent.

Last edited:
Indiagem said:
This is going to be a dull draw

There's only been 2 draws in Adelaide since 1991. This pitch always produces a result, pretty much.

As Jackal said in the other thread:

It would be naive to think Australia don't contemplate on win. But they have some past experiences where they went for quick runs and imploded notably against India at this very venue. They want to make absolutely sure that they are safe before going for an onslaught. Sure there is a history where you can still not be safe even after making 526 runs. But for that two things need to happen. Get as close as possible to Indian total. Knock India out cheaply. Both are realistic. Even though the bowling quality may not be the same as the one with Warne/Mcgrath there is something called pressure that can shake even the best of the best.

This pitch will turn into a minefield of sorts in the 2nd innings - probably on day 4 sometime. It's crucial for OZ to get to within 50 runs of the Indian total to have a chance to win. It will be twice as hard to get the same amount of runs in the 2nd innings as it is in the first, particularly against the spinners.

OZGOD said:
There's only been 2 draws in Adelaide since 1991. This pitch always produces a result, pretty much.
Aussies have to accelerate and get a 150-200 runs lead to get a result.

I dont see OZ's losing from this position. If they manage to get a 200 runs lead and put India into bat even for 60 overs, I am sure we will be able to snatch a defeat. I dont mind losing the game. We lost in Melbourne. It is fine. But we should not lose the way we lost in Sydney due to some crucial decisions against us by B & B. I am not whining here coz Sydney test sucked big time.

OZ's are a better team than us with good all round players. I would like to see India win but I can only see either a dull draw or a OZ win if they get 200 runs lead and gives us 60 overs to bat.

feels good to see India being put in its place.

yes,it's not the same Oz that we knew and loved (or hate, as may be the case with some paranoid Indian fans).

but it's still mentally as strong or even stronger - self conviction adds 100 runs to each of their innings, and 10 kph to each of their bowlers.

India, weak, passive with bat and ball, and ludicroously loud with their mouths.

Going forward, major culling is needed. These players havta go:

1. jaffer - always a FTB. Never was goin to succeed. Proved me right.
2. dhoni - kept well. but duznt deserve to be in top 7 of ANY test side. Kaarthick shud be the only TEST KEEPER.
3. bhajji - kick out this gutless, headless twit.
4. dravid - sad to say this, but he's finished.
5. Yuvraj - nuff said. crap hyped to gold is still crap.
6. ganguly - lacks the big innings temperament.

All in all, the bowling looks healthier of the two.
But we need a couple or more middle order bats - people with temperament to play long, grinding innings.

I think Adelaide wicket is a poor advertisement for test cricket. Nothing at all for the bowlers other than Lee

Prepare some of those juicy Perth like wickets, and then watch us win :))

Unless India “collapses” in a heap (which we obviously can based on past histoy), this match is going to be a draw. I hope Sehwag & Dravid score centuries and get back into some semblance of form.

Indiagem said:

Just look at the Aussies - they are on and India with close to 8-9 bowlers has done nothing. Our batting always fails even on rosy wickets - no one points that out but when there is an occasional bad decision the entire media is out there attacking the real champions. It is time for a closer look at the media folks and fans too - I think, the indian fans (including me) or the media guys like Harsha, Sunny, Ravi etc hate the aussies so much Or are very pally with the Indian senior players that they are not honest enough to point out that our batting, bowling and strategizing sucks!!!

Dravid and Kumble are defensive captains. Only Ganguly as a captain has showed some aggressiveness in the past couple of years.

Hats off to the Aussies.

I agree with the bold part - Karthik is a total idiot for daring to argue with umpier and Clarke over that non catch. This from a substitute fielder! maybe he wanted some brownie points for fake appealing.

But the rest is a bit unfair. This pitch is dead. It's another matter that Indian batting can collapse, but otherwise right now there is no spin or swing. Plus we're missing RP who could have made a big difference.

symonds and clarke are setting up for a fitting finale for gilly- he will be the final act before they declare and put india in to bat to chase 150+ on day 5 to avoid a innings defeat…

Dhonifan said:
I agree with the bold part - Karthik is a total idiot for daring to argue with umpier and Clarke over that non catch. This from a substitute fielder! maybe he wanted some brownie points for fake appealing.

But the rest is a bit unfair. This pitch is dead. It's another matter that Indian batting can collapse, but otherwise right now there is no spin or swing. Plus we're missing RP who could have made a big difference.
I got pissed off at seeing Karthik doing the antic's and hence the post

Indiagem said:
I think Adelaide wicket is a poor advertisement for test cricket. Nothing at all for the bowlers other than Lee

And then they blame Indian pitches! :))

Don't know how Ozg keeps insisting that it'll turn into a minefield.

How about wickets in India? None of the wickets are good advertisement for cricket except one or two venues, may be Mohali and Chennai.

Whole of the recent India Pakistan series was played on docile wicket and there was nothing interesting for cricket. They wer emade more boring becasue of the defensive attitude of Kumble.

During a test match, there should be a result--win or lose. There should not be any draws.

Perth93 said:
feels good to see India being put in its place.

yes,it's not the same Oz that we knew and loved (or hate, as may be the case with some paranoid Indian fans).

but it's still mentally as strong or even stronger - self conviction adds 100 runs to each of their innings, and 10 kph to each of their bowlers.

India, weak, passive with bat and ball, and ludicroously loud with their mouths.

Going forward, major culling is needed. These players havta go:

1. jaffer - always a FTB. Never was goin to succeed. Proved me right.
2. dhoni - kept well. but duznt deserve to be in top 7 of ANY test side. Kaarthick shud be the only TEST KEEPER.
3. bhajji - kick out this gutless, headless twit.
4. dravid - sad to say this, but he's finished.
5. Yuvraj - nuff said. crap hyped to gold is still crap.
6. ganguly - lacks the big innings temperament.

All in all, the bowling looks healthier of the two.
But we need a couple or more middle order bats - people with temperament to play long, grinding innings.

You know what.. It is better than Brett Lee, Clark & Co struggling to get even tailenders out.. not once.. but thrice !!

Poor Ishant finally gets a wkt after bowling his heart out. He is one BIG positive to come out of this series.

Gilly please go back...No fireworks from you...Please take pup for a walk.

Dhonifan said:
Poor Ishant finally gets a wkt after bowling his heart out. He is one BIG positive to come out of this series.
I hope he becomes a good bowler in the years to come.

Still bowling with lot of heart and penetration Ishant. I am totally surprised. He is kinda leading the attack in the absence of RP.

Bad luck Gilly. gone.. Not sure if this is the last innings of Gilly. But all the same.. What a great great career. Will never forget you .. adios...

Man, these australian comms are too much - they're calling Gilly's shot a selfless shot, one he had to do for the team, etc.

Farewell Gilly. :19:

jackal786 said:
Bad luck Gilly. gone.. Not sure if this is the last innings of Gilly. But all the same.. What a great great career. Will never forget you .. adios...

He will be retiring from ODI after the commonwealth bank series.

It will be fun supporting the Aussies and cheering them up if at all they think of touring Pakistan

pakistani said:
for me the only reason i was watching the match was bcos of him i thought he might score big but i was wrong :6:

ro mat bache, kal phir ayega

Geez, stop moaning about the pitch already. If we get to Day 5 and there's no sign of a result, then you can start moaning. I'm pretty confident that we'll get a result - either through a declaration from either team or via some lower scores in the 2nd innings.

I have seen lot of places teams scoring high scores in both innings. But only here 3rd innings total has been low in the last 2 outings. I still think it is just a coincidence. Last time it was skill of warne. Before that Ozzie wanted win by all accounts so they lost their way. I am pretty sure pitch had no contribution towards the collapse.

man...this is first time ever i wanted any opposition player to make a century against my team.. damn Sehwag, why did you catch it :( ..... Gilly, thanks to you, i m proud that i have seen a legend play in my time

Being a Indian fan, I am happy that Gilly did not score today. Imagine him scoring a quick 100 and putting India in a bad position.

But I am really feeling down about this that the greatest wicketkeeper-batsmen is retiring. Gilchrist single-handedly revolutionised the wicket-keeping spot.

Back