India end Day 3 of the 4th Test against England on 40/0, needing another 152 more to win the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eng batting really well now, A target of 250 is enough to make this a 2-2 series, heading into the last match..

Dravid and rohit combo must be the dumbest team management. They will do the same mistakes or routine as per them again and again to yield different things and to prove they are smart

Bairstow needs to play aggressive in order to survive, crawley seems to be playing on a different pitch

Need 300 min to feel “safe” defending on this pitch.

Jaswal is in the form of his life so have to account for him too.

Need 300 min to feel “safe” defending on this pitch.

Jaswal is in the form of his life so have to account for him too.

300 will not happen

This is a one-inning shoot out now.

Patidar is a useless cricketer wasting one spot unnecessarily.

England can declare now and win the game, that's how bad Indian batting is.

The last successful 150+ fourth innings chase in India was 155 by India against Australia in Delhi in March 2013 (India won by six wickets). Can they chase anything above 150 again?

Kuldeep has sruck gold here. Crawley is gone. 4 down now England. Trouble trouble.

The three best Indian batters of this series so far have been -

Yashaswi Jaiswal (Age - 22)
Shubman Gill (Age - 24)
Dhruv Jhurel (Age -22)

People aren't realising the importance of this series with respect to the future of Indian cricket. The final score line is almost a seconds now.

Don't include Gill in it. He just cashed on good batting wickets and easy conditions. Whenever either of the two is not in his side, he went missing.

Jaiswal has been superb, Jadeja has been excellent and Bumrah has been excellent. These three have kept us in this series while Sarfaraz and Jurel have been plusses among newcomers.

Crawley needed to get a hundred, very good knock from him. He is genuinely looking like England's best batsman nowadays

Umpiring is overly favorable for England. All marginal calls were atleast 5 of them against India when they batted. But 4 plumb leg befores were not given. India had to get it over turned three times. THen another marginal call which is lot closer than India's leg befores.

Such a bad captaincy from Rohit.. Not having short leg, bowling jadeja so many overs when ball isn't spinning at all, introducing kuldeep so late into the game

Another review, another umpire's call. How many times this is going to happen in this game.

Stokes facial expressions are a work of art. Priceless.

Only if he did the same with the bat and was able to hold the ball.

WICKET! Stokes b Kuldeep 4 - England 120-5 - Lead by 166

Stokes tries to heave Kuldeep into the leg side but gets fortunate when it stays low and narrowly avoids the off-stump.

He's less fortunate a couple of ball later as India get their man!

India gave 12 overs to kuldeep in 2 spells to kuldeep first innings. Rohit sharma's ultra stupid captaincy may cost this test for India. We have to wait and see.

This game would have been a lot lot different if Rohit utilised Kuldeep the optimal amount.

This game would have been a lot lot different if Rohit utilised Kuldeep the optimal amount.
He used kuldeep late in the evening once. Then there was another time in the first innings. He was real pathetic not to use the most likely bowler to turn on this wicket.

I have to say that India is on top now. They have changed the game. WHat do you think?

fyq0v4u.png

Still 65-35 in England's favour.

Mostly due to India's tendency of allowing the tail to wag and add some valuable runs while Rohit allows the game to slip away. Still England have a bit of batting left and the wicket is only going to get tougher to bat on.

Still 65-35 in England's favour.

Mostly due to India's tendency of allowing the tail to wag and add some valuable runs while Rohit allows the game to slip away. Still England have a bit of batting left and the wicket is only going to get tougher to bat on.
Game is far from over. But INdia would have been in commanding position had they used Kuldeep more in the first dig.

Take the lead past 250 and we have a thriller coming our way.

----------------------

Sir Alastair Cook, speaking on TNT Sports:

"The nature of pitch is the story, and the sudden change in it when Kuldeep came back on - it suddenly started spinning.

"Ashwin with the new ball is always a threat and finds a way of delivering wickets, getting Pope and Duckett out.

"It then looked to be plain sailing for England, with Crawley outstanding, playing with really good tempo, but then Kuldeep comes back on and it starts spinning again.

"Bairstow has played really nicely for his 30... we've got a game on!"

England need to somehow get 100 more runs
Bairstow may finally get a good score and make a crucial contribution

Don't see Enfland hanging on here. 5 down for 120 with a session left on Day 3.

Have to say they're top 6 haven't batted well at all this series. One innings by Pope in the first test and a 100 by Root now including one by Duckett.

They haven't had the application needed to survive on such wickets. Going for runs is a good thing but at times the pitch and conditions needed to be taken into account too.

England needed a 100+ lead from their first innings but they just couldn't take the last 3 wickets that they needed.

India hanged in there and scored the runs to bring the deficit down which played well into their hands come this innings.

Good comeback from India getting the wickets of Crawley and Stokes.

India need to stop England under 200 so that the target they chase is not more than 250. That's when the game is evenly balanced.

Straightaway after Tea, Jadeja strikes.

WICKET! Bairstow c Patidar b Jadeja 30 - England 120-6

England batters in this series :-

Crawley - Good
Duckett - Good
Pope - Above Average( lost his way after that masterclass)
Root - Above Average ( good hundred in last game)
Bairstow - Poor
Stokes - Poor
Foakes - Average( keeping was good)

168 for 6. India have made it real tough for themselves as they are wont to but we're in with a chance. I think the magic number is 225ish beyond which it'll be really tough to chase.

Yes I know it's still only Day 3 but this is classic Day 4 test cricket in India. Every second ball a drama - oohs and aahs from the fielders. Every run crucial. I love it.

I'm loving this series and almost (only almost) wanting to support an England win to take it to that all or nothing 5th test.

Would be surprised if India lose from here, England’s spinners just are not on that level to take advantage of this pitch

Dharmasena should just retire...last time he made a correct call was perhaps few years ago

WICKET! Hartley c Sarfaraz b Kuldeep 7 - England 133-7
Lack of bounce off the wicket and Hartley attempted to go big again but doesn't quite make the connection he'd like.

He launches Kuldeep over mid-on but finds Sarfaraz in the deep who takes a good catch diving in front.

He gets up and blows a kiss to the Indian supporters behind before going off to celebrate with Kuldeep.

Lol whats there to discuss? They've 3 reviews left and 3 wickets left.. So it doesnt matter they burn their review or not.. And 2nd umpires call on India's way..

As much as he scored a crucial 58 in the first innings, I would still question Ollie Robinson’s selection as his fielding and particularly his bowling were pathetic. I know he has good stats, but he looks way short of the fitness standards that are required for international cricket. His new ball spell this morning was awful. Then as soon as Anderson comes on, there is more pace, more zip, every ball is bang on the money, and England take a wicket.

Now he's got out for a duck. Is probably in net deficit for this game.

England going down pretty soon.

WICKET! Robinson lbw Kuldeep 0 - England 133-8

First England bottled it by shoving Bazball aside to save the series after spending two years shoving it down everyone’s throats and telling us that this is how Test cricket should be played.

Now England are bottling it by losing a Test match that was firmly in their grasp.

You love to see it. Stokes and McCullum fully deserve this humiliation. Not only have they had to backtrack on their own beliefs but they also bottled a Test match that almost every other proper team would have managed to close out.

Beautiful. :klopp

India should take hard roller during the innings break...just for the pitch to get settle a bit.

For Eng, it all depends on Bashir and Hartley.

Kuldeep's been brilliant but Jadeja needs a break I think. I know it's 2 righthanders but he just doesn't seem to have the bite today that he normally does on wearing pitches.

First England bottled it by shoving Bazball aside to save the series after spending two years shoving it down everyone’s throats and telling us that this is how Test cricket should be played.

Now England are bottling it by losing a Test match that was firmly in their grasp.

You love to see it. Stokes and McCullum fully deserve this humiliation. Not only have they had to backtrack on their own beliefs but they also bottled a Test match that almost every other proper team would have managed to close out.

Beautiful. :klopp
@Forum363

How senseless from Rohit to give Kuldeep only 12 overs in first innings.

These last two wickets can add 50 runs than England is favourite to win the test.

Remember what I said after the first Test when everyone was doing bhangra.

India will win 4-1, the exact score line as 2021 and their win in 2021 was far more impressive and dominant than the one in this series.

India will win 4-1, the exact score line as 2021 and their win in 2021 was far more impressive and dominant than the one in this series.
Stokes captaincy was pathetic when jurel was batting with tailenders. England at one stage looked to get 140+ leads but stokes overconfident fielding placement is reason why they just get 46 runs lead .

These last two wickets can add 50 runs than England is favourite to win the test.
Anything's possible but that's tough to see. We know the pattern over the years when Indian spinners get on a roll like this. The opposing batters start seeing snakes in every ball and often it's the one that doesn't turn that gets them.

Stokes captaincy was pathetic when jurel was batting with tailenders. England at one stage looked to get 140+ leads but stokes overconfident fielding placement is reason why they just get 46 runs lead .
Stokes is so overrated especially as a captain. It's like every one has to praise his leadership qualities no matter what.

You missed the fun yesterday. Apparently India were embarrassed and getting humiliated just bcoz Bashir took a 5'fer.

I actually reminded them to wait till the game gets over but guess they were too eager to celebrate early. :yk2

Stokes is an average captain and a finished cricketer. I don’t see him lasting beyond 2025 at max.

@Forum363

You missed the fun yesterday. Apparently India were embarrassed and getting humiliated just bcoz Bashir took a 5'fer.

I actually reminded them to wait till the game gets over but guess they were too eager to celebrate early. :yk2
Too bad I wasn’t online to put them in their place. Usually I’m enough for 20-25 people that too at the same time.

If you want to survive you can here. Shot making is not that straight forward here. Foakes is doing a decent job.

Indian spinners have shown their class when it really mattered.
For England a complete flop show from bairstow and Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back