Australia vs South Africa | 3rd Test | Perth | 30/11/12 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for SA, Mitch is a gun on this wicket. Unfortunately for us, he is no good on other wickets.

Simple solution

Move all home matches to Perth. This is also best for Eastern States television audiences as they can watch the cricket after work.

Timezone is also better for international audiences.

It will also stop us sandgropers whinging about everything else.

look at ideas,not source.u can also comment on offies:yk

its not about attacking all out,its about having more wicket taking options.Hastings doesnt seem a threatening bowler to me.

SA in self destruct mode.Johnson bowling well

Funny then that he just got a wicket, then an edge.

Mitchell McGrath doing well.

Then checked venue, it's Perth. Of course.

I have watched him before in ODIs,I know different format can get a fair idea from that

Ok you are entitled to your opinion. So far, picking Hastings has worked beautifully, he has done exactly what we needed. Also he has bowled an 11 over spell. Nobody else in the team is capable of that.

Ok you are entitled to your opinion. So far, picking Hastings has worked beautifully, he has done exactly what we needed. Also he has bowled an 11 over spell. Nobody else in the team is capable of that.

That's such a contrast from old team.

Haven't watched enough of this series to tell.

Is Amla's purple patch just fading, or is he just getting good balls/unlucky?

yeah in hindisight I'm proven wrong.got the jinx power:msd:msd

He isnt as good as he is hyped up to be. He is a world class player but he has weaknesses.

He's failed in one match this series. Still has the second innings here to make some runs.

Of course, just by it you can see that he is nowhere near the class of Umesh "Trueman" Yadav or Zaheer "Akram" Khan.

But he is going to catch up with "Hadlee" Broad and "Imran" Anderson soon :p

Last edited:
Why hasn't South Africa picked Heino Kuhn, I wanted him in the side even when Boucher was playing, the guy has a pretty good average, haven't seen him behind the stumps. But on another note, Starc what a legend!

Man's a beast in Perth, and in Perth only.

well tbf don't think it's the Perth magic this time. He's actually bowling well. His run-up looks better and he's setting batsmen up. It's not like what happened against England where he magically started swinging the ball in air and got wickets. He's actually bowled well. Pace has been pretty good too.

Last edited:
He isnt as good as he is hyped up to be. He is a world class player but he has weaknesses.

His Hype in PP has lot do with with his religion. Exactly same batsman if had different religion you wouldn't hear his name so often here.

He is very good batsman though.

Basically true.

Though the likes of Inziquicksingle will always have an excuse, and for his man AB :)

SA Zindabad etc

His Hype in PP has lot do with with his religion. Exactly same batsman if had different religion you wouldn't hear his name so often here.

He is very good batsman though.

Also basically true.

Hadlee Anderson sure. Broads been emulating Johnson (not Perth) for a while now

Broad just needs to be rested from ODIs. He seems tired. He is not bowling full steam in India. With 75 Mile/h , he is not going to trouble anyone in Indian pitches. Not that I rate him very high but he is better than pies he is bowling right now.

Last edited:
Also basically true.

Yeah. Bell went through a purple patch nearly as good despite being basically Amla. Poor beginning but reputation for beautiful strokes. Murders it for year. less hype all around and from me, still loathing for his brainlessness and temperament....

well tbf don't it's the perth magic this time. He's actually bowling well. His run-up looks better and he's setting batsmen up. It's not like what happened against England where he magically started swinging the ball in air and got wickets. He's actually bowled well. Pace has been pretty good too.

He's spent a long time working with Lillee

Basically true.

Though the likes of Inziquicksingle will always have an excuse, and for his man AB :)

SA Zindabad etc

Its funny you should talk...you had the exact same opinion 6 months ago and then he whopped Englands ass all summer and then some and then some more.

I'm sure he gets a little more hype on here because of his religion...but lets not forget he was ranked #2 and #1 in Tests and ODIs respectively at the start of this series.

And again, he's failed in one match, the guy scored a century in the first Test. I felt the same way when Pieterson failed in the first Test vs India and his haters were chest thumping...calm down.

Last edited:
Meanwhile de Villiers has played the same amount of tests as Cook and Pietersen yet averages less, has less runs, and has NINE LESS TONS THAN BOTH.

It's not really up for argument who the better match-winners are from this perspective.

Bit of lucidity for the usual SA love-in on here.

Amla is very good when conditions are flat but as soon as conditions get tough he struggles.

Amla is very good when conditions are flat but as soon as conditions get tough he struggles.

Most batsmen struggle in tough conditions. Even best batsmen have hard time but I get you point. He does make it count when pitch is on flatter side.

Hee hee I'm perfectly calm, though I seriously doubt that you are!

Your boyz have flopped on this tour and will probably be losing their ranking. Oops

James, firstly you have the wrong impression that I'm an ABD fanboy, not sure why you think that. I am only an Amla fanboy.

I have never even compared ABD vs Cook or anyone else.

And this series is 0-0 with lots of time left in this match. Not sure how my "boyz" have flopped lol

Meanwhile de Villiers has played the same amount of tests as Cook and Pietersen yet averages less, has less runs, and has NINE LESS TONS THAN BOTH.

It's not really up for argument who the better match-winners are from this perspective.

Bit of lucidity for the usual SA love-in on here.

AB is a class act. Gets less time at the crease and he spends more time in the Prior role of quick runs...

Most batsmen struggle in tough conditions. Even best batsmen have hard time but I get you point. He does make it count when pitch is on flatter side.

to simply put, whenever SA collapses Amla isn't there to bail them out. Usually it's kallis. They still rely too much on Kallis IMO.

Should be out.

EDIT: Or not. Good bounce.

Last edited:
Inzi 100/6 on the first day is almost always a loss. Time is taken out of the equation.

This is your issue - you took me to account for daring to suggest that Cook and KP were better matchwinners than AB after the Mumbai test, but the statistics prove it conclusively. So I was just responding to that.

Inzi 100/6 on the first day is almost always a loss. Time is taken out of the equation.

This is your issue - you took me to account for daring to suggest that Cook and KP were better matchwinners than AB after the Mumbai test, but the statistics prove it conclusively. So I was just responding to that.

uhh did I really? I have no memory of even posting in such a thread, seriously.

Wow, just came back from school and SA reeling at 6/97 :O
Starc has taken two wickets, what a talent he is

Man, even we had the number one ranking for four series. And SA's considerably more dismal run has really helped to put into perspective how well India did.

to simply put, whenever SA collapses Amla isn't there to bail them out. Usually it's kallis. They still rely too much on Kallis IMO.

Well, Kallis has taken that role only in last few years. He also used to be rare. I used to rate him far below earlier due to ridiculous number of selfish innings in ODI but he earned my respect in last few years.

But yah, Amla usually goes missing in touch situations. I don't remember too many times when he bailed out SA.

These two are building a nice partnership here.

Well, Kallis has taken that role only in last few years. He also used to be rare. I used to rate him far below earlier due to ridiculous number of selfish innings in ODI but he earned my respect in last few years.

But yah, Amla usually goes missing in touch situations. I don't remember too many times when he bailed out SA.

Last few years? You got to be kidding! Even his first century was a match saving one where Warney bowled 40 overs but Kallis stood his ground to save the match. And no one cares about Odis tbh

Keith 'KP would only get into our team at number 7' LOL...

Last few years?

Last few years he has stepped up a lot in that role. Earlier it was not too frequent. If I see players playing selfishly in so many matches which helps their team lose then it does reflect very poorly on a player's attitude. No matter what format it was. I used to be big fan of SA and followed their games a lot.

I have seen too many times Kallis ensuring that SA loses the match in ODI due to his selfish batting. It reflects very poorly in my opinion. If he was not capable to hit then it would have been a different case. Like Trott, he can not hit much. Having said that his attitude has changed a bit now days in ODI so a positive change. I also rate ODI specially world cup matches. Just different opinion ...

Last edited:
Man, even we had the number one ranking for four series. And SA's considerably more dismal run has really helped to put into perspective how well India did.

yeah,we did better than people give credit for

Lyon gets Peterson

good knock,already proving better than Tahir

Put MJ back on to try and break Philander's fingers

MJ should have tried to aim for the gaps in Philander's helmet

Faf having to be senior batsman two games in a row. On the brightside, his career is secured for the next 5 years.

SA 141/7 at tea. Aussies doing great, is it going to be a new No.1 again?

Faf having to be senior batsman two games in a row. On the brightside, his career is secured for the next 5 years.

After watching Faf in his first series in ODIs, I thought he's a limited batsman like Cook but he making myself look like a fool everytime he bats. He's getting comfortable match by match.

After watching Faf in his first series in ODIs, I thought he's a limited batsman like Cook but he making myself look like a fool everytime he bats. He's getting comfortable match by match.

He feeds off fight and determination more than talent. That much I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back